Regionals to be in November and April!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So if Canada does get Vancouverish and Toronto i'm going to be mighty tempted to drive up to Toronto and keep my Canadian bros off the board... who's covering Vancouver? You in, SPF???
We kicked your ass in 1812, and we'll do it again this year. Although favorites for Vancouver if it happens will probably be TRE/his brother.

(Seriously though, if Ninahaza/SPF comes up, they'll have a good chance).

And if this is indeed true, I'm going to be so stoked. I can finally attend a VGC.

I will be in Upstate NY for college which is about 3 hours away from Toronto, so I will gladly join Synre and others in taking over Canada.

It was said that this information would most likely be released on the first, but I have yet to see anything confirmed.

honestly huy I don't even know what TPCi stands for. lol. But you're probably right. thanks for making me feel like a n00b. ha

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
oh okay. Why thank you sir. Well yeah I know they tend to be pretty late about releasing info.
It's nice to see a fellow St. Louisan. Trust me. They'll have info out as soon as they possibly can.

I think the idea of Canada having a VGC(s) is so that Canadians can attend their own VGC without having to drive down into America, and that it should not be viewed as another VGC for Americans to go to. I say this yet in Europe we all go around around trolling each other's countries, but that's not the point, the point is it is the Canadian VGC, not another US regional.

I think the idea of Canada having a VGC(s) is so that Canadians can attend their own VGC without having to drive down into America, and that it should not be viewed as another VGC for Americans to go to. I say this yet in Europe we all go around around trolling each other's countries, but that's not the point, the point is it is the Canadian VGC, not another US regional.
Really, thats why they're doing it?

I'm all for more regionals, and to be fair, as long as people can afford it, I don't see why people can't go to whichever regionals they want. People say it's unfair, but it's only another regional, from my experience of the one I went to, it was an amazing weekend, and I'd definitely want to do it more if I could afford it. It's not like i'm going to make my parents pay for me to go to worlds LCQ or anything...

Regionals are difficult to win, and having more can only improve the quality of matches, by allowing more players to compete, which greatly increases the enjoyment of the event, regardless of how many a person goes to, or if a non local wins.

I heard from a reliable source today that the format for next seasons VGC will be announced next week. I can't wait to know what it will be! IMO they should do something like Kanto + Unova, or Jhoto + Unova, rather than allowing every non Uber.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm really hoping for all non-Uber. More options = more variety = more interesting. I'm ready to get started on next season already, though, so that's great news!

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
No offence to anyone, and I hope I'm proved wrong, BUT. I can't take "I heard from a reliable source" seriously anymore.
On the football transfer deadline day, it means "My uncle, saw somebody, who once spoke to.", so here it probably means something along the lines of "My nephew saw a guy in a Pikachu tee muttering about some news he was expecting next week"

No offence to anyone, and I hope I'm proved wrong, BUT. I can't take "I heard from a reliable source" seriously anymore.
On the football transfer deadline day, it means "My uncle, saw somebody, who once spoke to.", so here it probably means something along the lines of "My nephew saw a guy in a Pikachu tee muttering about some news he was expecting next week"
I know how it sounds, and if you knew more about the mexican scene I could go more in depth, but my source is one of the owners of 'Pokemex', biggest Pokemon site in Mexico and has official links and direct contact to TPCi and thus they are pretty reliable.

I expect them to keep up team preview, I'm just wondering how crazy a metagame that will forge if upwards of 600 pokemon are available to be used (though a much smaller portion of that will ACTUALLY be used).

Yeah it better not be wonder launcher. I've been on the wrong side of the timer two times too many lol. With my only match losses at worlds being to the timer honestly I can't say I'm keen on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)