- Iron Defense
- Iron Head
- Rest
- Stealth Rock
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave

Pros and Cons

Pros

- Is EXTREMELY bulky with that 80/150/150 bulk.
- Access to Body Press and Iron Defense makes it a good Body Presser.
- Can be EXTREMELY annoying to deal with.
- Has an okay arsenal of utility, though not as good as Incineroar's or Scrafty's.
- Has Heavy Slam and Iron Head for Anti-Fairy coverage on Body Press sets.
- GREAT defensive typing, though it's only pure Steel.
- Has immunity to Poison and Toxic.

Cons
- SUPER slow.
- Though it's bulkier all around than the likes of Diancie or Florges, RU's Fairies, Registeel still doesn't hit as well normally.

Analysis
Registeel is probably the BEST of the original Regi trio, having a completely unbiased statspread and even better ways to increase its longevity to back it up in the forms of Curse, Amnesia, and Iron Defense. Getting Body Press is also a good blow to some Pokemon that Registeel is directly against that can't directly threaten it back, such as Pokemon like Weavile or Darkrai, as it can just set up on Weavile and is immune to Darkrai's Sludge Bomb. And to directly wall a Darkrai, it has amnesia for a Specially Defensive set, meaning that it can be SUPER annoying for both physical and special attacking threats. Registeel ALSO gets Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave to punish these higher-tier Pokemon even more in more annoying ways than one.

Tera Potential

Registeel doesn't need Terastallization as much as Scrafty or Whimsicott, as the main types those two are dreadfully weak to are basically void against Registeel and its behemoth-like bulk. But, I still recommend you use either Fighting or Steel, for two very blatant reasons:

Fighting - Powers up Body Press.

Steel - Powers up Heavy Slam and does nothing else.

Conclusions
While Registeel may not have gotten a good handful of buffs, it's still a very good wall to.. well, alot of attackers. Sure, it loses to Pokemon like Gouging Fire and its deadly Dragon Dance + Flare Blitz combo, but that's alright, because it can't exactly be OHKOED by anything else in the tier besides a SELECT few Pokemon (those with setup moves, though all are absolutely horrible in OU except for a few, those few being Darkrai, Gouging Fire, Raging Bolt, and occasionally Iron Valiant). Though Registeel might land in RU again, it'll be another generation of the giant being RU's Defender versus fairies and walling other attackers other defenders normally couldn't.

As my fourth and final thread for DLC2, I'm proud to say that Registeel might be the best Pokemon I have wrote about under my series of Underrated Returners, as it's hilariously bulky and can fight back versus our tier's most prominent Dark- and Fairy-Type attackers, and it could be very big on some balance/stall teams in the metagame.

I will have to say the loss of Toxic and Seismic Toss hurts Registeel a lot, but at the same time, Body Press off a pretty good Defense stat can be good enough I suppose.

I do expect an RU range presence for this guy like for the past 2 gens, but it'll likely still have a solid niche there due to the raw bulk while setting hazards and spreading paralysis.

I will have to say the loss of Toxic and Seismic Toss hurts Registeel a lot, but at the same time, Body Press off a pretty good Defense stat can be good enough I suppose.

I do expect an RU range presence for this guy like for the past 2 gens, but it'll likely still have a solid niche there due to the raw bulk while setting hazards and spreading paralysis.
TTAR'S still in RU, i think registeel will smack it up and it'll be the RU battle of the century

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)