Reignman's Team

READ THIS HERE FIRST

Ok, ive been using this team for the longest times, tweaking it afew times along the way. I personally think the team sucks. When i look it i see so, so, so ,many weaknesses and flaws. yet when i battle i rarely loose. Hec i just wont a tournament today. I always do very well on the ladder with this team specifically over all my other teams.

So im not sure why it is like this, can you please tell me why i am winning so much or how to make the team better. I want to upgrade but im not sure where to start.

Ok firstly here's the overview:::

Ok here goes:

Changes in this colour
Edit: i changes pretty much evertyhing so everything will be black again

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Secrene Grace
Jolly (+Spe - SAtk)
80HP/252Atk/176Spe
  • Trick
  • Iron Head
  • Stealth Rock
  • U-Turn
Okedoke firstly is this Jirachi lead, it used to be a similar Celebi lead but I use Jirachi now.

This is a well Known set.

Trick onto leads using Stealth rock or a stat up move, iron head to flinch the crap outta people with secrene grace.

Stealth rock for overall team support.

And U-Turn to get out fast if the other lead shows an unfavourable maychup on my behalf.

Celebi @ Life Orb
Natural Cure
Modest (+SAtk -Atk)
232HP/32Spe/244SAtk
  • Thunder Wave
  • Leaf Storm
  • Hidden Power Fire
  • Rest
Thunder Wave provides Paralys support which helps out Machamp and Jirachi once he loses his scarf.

Leaf Storm is his main form of STAB and helps with Bulky Waters. Its alos provides good offence to my team.

Hidden Power Fire deals with Scozor

And Rest so I can heal up before switching out and being woken up by natural Cure. I choose this over Rcover because I am already going to be switching in and out a lot due to leaf Storm SAtk drop.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Pressure
Bold (+Def -Atk)
248HP/228Def/32Spe
  • Thunderbolt
  • Toxic
  • Roost
  • Heat Wave
This is a good Defensive pokwmon and helps me deal with fighters and other offensive pokemon.

Thunderbolt is basic STAB and hits many targets. Heat wave hits Scizor and other steels like Metagross, etc.

Roost is for obious recovery and help this pokemon last a whole lot longer. Toxic is to help me stall certain pokemon if nessisary.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Flash Fire
Naive
252Spd/252SAtk/6HP
  • Fire Blast
  • Earth Power
  • Explosion
  • Dragon Pulse
I really like this guy. Revenge killer with the added bonus of being able to KO a large portion of the metagame.

Fire Blast Kicks all ass and is his main form of attack, even more powerful after flash fire boost.

Earth Power supplements Fireblast with really good type coverage.

Explosion is good because if times right, it can elimate all kinds of pokemon, specifically special walls like Blissey and Latias.

Dragon Pulse beats up Dragons such as Salemece, who is KOed after Stealth Rock. It is also useful against latias and Kingdra.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Intimidate
Inpish (+Def -SAtk)
248HP/252Def/8Spe
  • Dragon Dance
  • Waterfall
  • Rest
  • Sleep Talk
I wanted a good defensive pokemon and sweeper,that also fit into my team's defensive type-coverage needs and bingo, this guy fit perfectly.

It has good type coverage synergy with Jirachi wich can help it get in right off the bat off of U-Turn.

Provides a good defensive pokemon to use throughout the game with Rest and Sleep talk. The Defensive Evs complement Intmidate making this pokemon very Bulky.

later on in the game when counters are gone, this pokemon can sweep with Dragon Dance (or Dragon Dances) and waterfall. waterfall is also used earlier on ads a main STAB attack.

Machamp @ Leftovers
No Guard
Impish (+Def -SAtk)
252HP/252Atk/4Spe
  • Dynamic Punch
  • Rest
  • Sleep Talk
  • Payback
(This spot used to be a hariyama)

This is a very good Status Absorber with rest talk being able to brush off statuses. It also allows machsmp a reliable method of healign and allows him to last a long time.

This machamp is also a good Tyranitat and Curselax counter. Dynamic Punch is his manin STAB and the confusion is an added bonus.

Payback is for type coverage plus it hits ghosts like the Rotom appliances very hard.

There be my team. note that at this point the team is heavily improvised, very few parts are my original.

I hope you have some knowledge to share with me about my team so please go ahead and rate.

Thanks in advance

First of all, win for using Hariyama, one of the coolest yet most underrated Pokemon in existance ever.

This team looks really good and you seem to have a very large number of threats covered. I think you should make your Gyarados bulkier with leftovers and possibly Bounce over Earthquake because with that set he just dies way too quickly and hardly gets any chances to sweep.

Well jeez I can't think of anything else to really comment on or any Pokemon in particular that would rape you. MixApe might be a problem if it has Stone Edge but man that's all I got it. Nice team.

I have had much experience with Gyarados and I suggest this set:

Gyarados @ Life Orb | Intimidate
Jolly ( +Spd -Sp.Atk )
90 Hp / 252 Atk / 166 Spd
• Dragon Dance
• Waterfall
• Ice Fang
• Earthquake
With LO, 252 evs in Atk, and a super effective Ice Fang Gyarados can 2HKO Celebi, Zapdos, and Latias 3 of it's biggest counters. The 166 Spd evs and Jolly nature let Gyarados out speed 130 base speed pokemon, like Jolteon, after a DD. Waterfall is for STAB and Earthquake lets Gyarados hit electric type pokemon who love to switch in on Gyarados.

Ok thx Xephyr and FalconPunch.

I have playtested both of your suggestions and I found the more defensive variant to not take advantage of most sweepign oppertunities that need to be used.

But, FalconPunch's gyarados is great. The extra speed is great for sweeping, and IceFang is much more useful for my team over StoneEdge.
So, I will make the change for now and i will playtest it bit more.

Thanks again.

Keep it coming
****Remember to leave any ideas for Jirachi****

This is not due to anyone here but an outside source has given me some advice and I really like it.

I have changed up Jirachi to the physical-based mix but with a more defensive orrientation. And only physical, I like it a lot more than what I have now and I think i'll stick with it. But i'll also try the all offensive.

But i'll leave the initial post the same for now so I still get different opinions.

Thanks

If you would like a physically offensive and defensive Hariyama then you should use the following set:

Hariyama @ leftovers | Thick Fat
Impish ( +Def -SpA )
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
•Revenge
•Stone Edge
•Whirlwind
•Knock Off
Hariyama wants max HP due to his already massive HP stat and fairly low defensive stats. To ensure he fairs well against Salamence and friends it is best to max out your physical defensive stat with a boosting nature. Revenge and Stone Edge lets you come on top of Gyara, Mence, and T-tar. Whirlwind lets you phaze CurseLax, CurseTar, ect. And Knock-Off lets Hariyama weaken counters that try and switch in on him.

Also why don't you opt for Explosion on Heatran?

GL.

K thx alot again, ill test out that Hariyama set.

And about heatran i use HP Grass for the sole purpose of getting rid of swampert becasue i greatly dislike that pokemon for somereason. Aside from mayb celebi none of my other pokemon can efficiently get rid of him. And then Dragon Pulse is needed for dealing with dragons. Plus, I really like how it helps eliminate the Kingdra problem.

But ill test out explosion again too. Just too see.

You know what I think actually Hp Ice would work better then Hp grass. Yes now Swampert walls you but Celebi can OHKO with GK and Zapdos can out stall it. Hp Ice will let you OHKO Salamence who is actually a rather big threat to your team (Dragon Pulse does not OHKO)! Oh yea, forget Explosion since Special walls and Bulky Waters are the least of your problems.

First of all, win for using Hariyama, one of the coolest yet most underrated Pokemon in existance ever.

This team looks really good and you seem to have a very large number of threats covered. I think you should make your Gyarados bulkier with leftovers and possibly Bounce over Earthquake because with that set he just dies way too quickly and hardly gets any chances to sweep.

Well jeez I can't think of anything else to really comment on or any Pokemon in particular that would rape you. MixApe might be a problem if it has Stone Edge but man that's all I got it. Nice team.
Please try to think a little harder for my sake.

The increasingly popular Bounce Gyarados does a shitload to this team. Without Defense EVs, Celebi can't survive a Bounce. I really doubt Hariyama can survive one either. Waterfall will KO Heatran, and probably 2HKO Jirachi. Stone Edge makes quick work of Zapdos (again you lack Defense EVs) and Gyarados as well. You are pretty much relying on a 60% from Body Slam to beat Gyarados, not reliable in the least.

I highly suggest using the standard Celebi EV spread to at least have a chance to survive a Bounce. You'll lose a lot of power and Speed but its better than being 6-0ed. Leaf Storm should still do lots of damage to many Pokemon. Another option is to replace a Pokemon (Hariyama most likely) to a bulky Water-type with Hidden Power Electric. Vaporeon isn't a bad choice since you could really use the Wish support. You could also try to give Jirachi Thunderbolt but keep the defensive EV spread. Defenitely give Gyarados Stone Edge > Ice Fang so it can at least Intimidate opposing Gyarados, and when it survives the Stone Edge Gyarados can actually hurt the foe's Gyarados. Another way you could damage Adamant ones is to give Heatran Explosion or HP Electric to attempt and revenge kill it.

Something else I noticed, this team lacks Stealth Rock. This only furthers Gyarados' domination over this team, not to mention Salamence. Stealth Rock is an absolute must, and if you don't want to replace a Pokemon at least squeeze it onto one of your current Pokemon. It can go over Thunder Wave on Celebi, and Celebi is your lead so Gyarados will usually be forced to switch into it. Stealth Rock can also fit on Jirachi over U-turn I'd say.

Toxic stalling Zapdos seems a little out of place on this team. Try a defensive one:

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 32 Spe
Nature: Bold
~ Thunderbolt
~ Heat Wave
~ Roost
~ Toxic

I just threw in Toxic at the end so you can sort of stall out more defensive Pokemon. Hidden Power Grass works well too. Zapdos gives you a fighting chance against Gyarados while being another check against Lucario, and even some Salamence. The main advantage of this Zapdos is Heat Wave. Pokemon such as Agility Metagross can survive a Thunderbolt and really be troublesome to this team. Those with Lum Berry can freely 2HKO Celebi without worrying about Thunder Wave. Furthermore, Earthquake OHKOes Heatran while 2HKOing Jirachi (again you are relying on Body Slam, where Lum Berry may come into play once more), ThunderPunch maims Gyarados while Intimidate has no affect. Definately try this Zapdos if you aren't changing Celebi's EV spread.

Good luck!

Well, for starters, switch HP Grass on Heatran to HP Ice, as it provides a great counter for Salamence, Flygon, and Gliscor. Then, change Dragon Pulse to Explosion. Why? The only other notable Dragon Type in OU is Latias, who can switch in on a DP, recover, and then CM until dragon pulse does nothing. So, unless you're looking for neutral coverage on non-steels, then HP Ice definately outclasses it. Now, you might be thinking "but HP Ice doesn't even dent Latias!" That's why you have explosion. A well placed Explosion will rape Latias, Blissey, and basically any special wall that isn't part steel.

Next, make your Jirachi a lead, as I don't see its' current set doing much for this team.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Serene Grace
Jolly (+Spe -SAtk)
80HP/252Atk/176Spe
  • Trick
  • Iron Head
  • Stealth Rock
  • U-turn
Then, change your Celebi to tinkerbell OR Cleric

Celebi @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
Modest (+SAtk -Atk)
232HP/244SpA/32Spe
  • Thunderwave
  • Leaf Storm
  • HP Fire/Psychic/U-turn
  • Rest/Recover
This set provides a great counter for Swampert, so you won't be missing HP Grass, while also providing T-wave support, which could potentially end in a Machamp sweep. HP Fire is the preferred move, since it removes Scizors who constantly switch into Celebi. The last move can be either Rest OR Recover. Rest fully heals your HP, and after switching out, the sleep status is removed thanks to Natural Cure. Recover however, lets your Celebi stay in longer. You can also opt for a cleric Celebi since your team has a MASSIVE status weakness. All of your pokes except for Heatran are hit by Toxic. All of your pokes are hit by T-wave, and everything can be burned except for Heatran. Teams abusing status such as Togekiss sweep teams will absolutely rape you.

So, I will also advise this;

Celebi @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
Bold (+Def -Atk)
252HP/220Def/36Spe
(Messed up on these EVs too at first. My bad, again)
  • Psychic/Grass Knot
  • Recover
  • Heal Bell
  • Leech Seed/Perish Song
I would advise Grass knot over Psychic, as once again it OHKs Swampert, and I included Perish Song with Leech Seed since you seem to have a weakness to rest talkers like Crocune and Curselax.

Last, why are you using Hariyama over Machamp? With Close Combat, Hariyama won't be walling ANYTHING with the def drops. Change it to a Machamp with the exact same moveset, only drop CC in place of D-punch.

Machamp @ Leftovers
No Guard
Adamant (-Atk +SAtk)
252HP/252Atk/4Spe
(My bad on messing up the EVs the first time. I mixed up speed and HP)
  • Dynamic Punch
  • Ice Punch
  • Thunder Punch
  • Fire Punch
You can opt for Payback over another move, but considering this was your Hariyama set, I figured you would want the same moveset.

EDIT: Machamp also helps with your Gyarados weak since Thunder Punch hits Gyarados even after it bounces due to No Guard. In fact, Machamp is the reason I stopped using Bounce Gyarados.

Wow thanks to everone alot.

Firstly, I have tested everything a little bit and I love it.

I will use that Zapdos set Metaknight suggested. Its very good although I am still going to change celebi aswell, so im not sure if I should now change zapdos's EV spread again. But for now I am using him.

I am using Jirachi as my lead with litlmc01 move set as well as changing celebi to the set suggested (with Heal Bell)

And I am going to use Machamp aswell with that move set from litlmc01 because it alse helps deal with bounce gyarados.

Thanks everyone, I will make the changes to the initial post ASAP

Kepep them rates coming. This is great!

BTW: Hp ice and explosion on Heatran now**

PS. I am gonna use Stone Edge on Gyarados over ICe Fang

Machamp @ Leftovers
No Guard
Adamant (-Atk +SAtk)
252Spe/252Atk/4HP
  • Dynamic Punch
  • Ice Punch
  • Thunder Punch
  • Fire Punch
You can opt for Payback over another move, but considering this was your Hariyama set, I figured you would want the same moveset.

EDIT: Machamp also helps with your Gyarados weak since Thunder Punch hits Gyarados even after it bounces due to No Guard. In fact, Machamp is the reason I stopped using Bounce Gyarados.
Why would I put 252 Evs in Speed, Machamp is slow regardless.

Instead I am going to use this Ev spread:

252Atk/252HP/6Def

Just seems more sensible

Why would I put 252 Evs in Speed, Machamp is slow regardless.

Instead I am going to use this Ev spread:

252Atk/252HP/6Def

Just seems more sensible
Fuck, my bad. I meant to put those in HP O.o

Long day...

It should be 252 HP, 252 Atk, and 4 Spe, so it can outspeed Blissey (I think)

EDIT: FUUUUUUUCK. I gave you the wrong EVs for Celebi too. I'll post them in one sec.

252HP/220Def/36Spe Bold Nature. My bad, again.

Well, I just beat you earlier today on an alternate account of mine: Moon Shine. This team looks pretty good as you have the major threats all covered, so just a few changes:

First off, your Celebi isn't really providing much needed support for this team. The pokes you listed that Perish Song helps out against are already covered by your team. (Machamp -> Snorlax and Heatran -> Jirachi) I suggest changing Celebi to

Celebi @ Life Orb
Modest; 232 HP, 244 SAtk, 32 Spe
Thunder Wave
Leaf Storm
Hidden Power [Fire] (check the IVs for this)
Rest / Recover

I think this Celebi will benefit you more since it isn't trapped by Scizor and Paralysis support is very useful to Machamp and Jirachi once he tricks his scarf off.

Next, your team doesn't have the pure power to take on most stall teams and will get stalled out. Change Fire Punch to Bulk Up on your Machamp. Bulk Up Machamp has the potential to damage most defensive teams.

Lastly, I wouldn't worry too much about Bounce Gyarados. They normally run Substitute so they lack stone edge and ice fang. That makes Zapdos a 100% counter.

Good luck with your team!

Well, I just beat you earlier today on an alternate account of mine: Moon Shine. This team looks pretty good as you have the major threats all covered, so just a few changes:

First off, your Celebi isn't really providing much needed support for this team. The pokes you listed that Perish Song helps out against are already covered by your team. (Machamp -> Snorlax and Heatran -> Jirachi) I suggest changing Celebi to

Celebi @ Life Orb
Thunder Wave
Leaf Storm
Hidden Power [Fire] (check the IVs for this)
Rest / Recover

I think this Celebi will benefit you more since it isn't trapped by Scizor and Paralysis support is very useful to Machamp and Jirachi once he tricks his scarf off.

Next, your team doesn't have the pure power to take on most stall teams and will get stalled out. Change Fire Punch to Bulk Up on your Machamp. Bulk Up Machamp has the potential to damage most defensive teams.

Lastly, I wouldn't worry too much about Bounce Gyarados. They normally run Substitute so they lack stone edge and ice fang. That makes Zapdos a 100% counter.

Good luck with your team!
My apologies on the the Curselax, as I was under the impression that it did quite a bit less, and CM Rachi too. However, in response to Joshe, I think I did post good suggestions on Celebi,
Machamp and Jirachi, because as he said, both have helped this team quite a bit. Joshe, the team you saw was half of my suggestions...and you have a problem with 1 move. So, I think I'll pass or RMT Schooling, and opt for damage calcs next time, aight buddy?

Oh, and figure out what EVs are? I screwed up on Machamps and then admitted it was a simple mistake, while saying nothing about Gyarados. So far, most of my suggestions have been implemented AND he says they've helped, so perhaps you shouldn't be such an ass since I don't know damage calcs for D-punch vs Curselax or Fire Blast vs Heatran. In the games I've seen, both failed to do 50%, but I don't know they were EVd. A simple correction is needed instead of a full-blown frenzy, mkay?

Regarding Bulk Up Machamp, I must completely agree, since this team has enough Scizor counters that it doesn't need fire punch at all.

However, if you decide to use Bulk Up Machamp, I would advise running a +SDef nature with 252 SDef EVs and 252HP EVs, and once again 4 in Spe. If you choose not use Bulk Up champ, then you should replace Fire Punch with Payback as it owns any ghosts who think they can switch into D-punch.

@ litlmc01:

What the HELL r u smoking?

Machamp is one of the best Curselax counters....after 1 Curse, Snorlax takes an average of 62.03% from Dynamicpunch. Snorlax now has a 50% chance of hitting Machamp. Snorlax then deals 47.66% with a +1 Body Slam if it actually even hits, not even a 2HKO......Machamp fucking rapes Curselax.

Heatran doesn't beat CM Jirachi? r u shitting me? Even after 1 calm mind, Jirachi takes 77.23% on average from an unboosted Fire blast. Not a very easy situation to abuse now is it?....You really are overestimating the power of a +1 boost in SDef.

Crocune isn't an issue as Gyarados sets up all over it and can 2HKO after 2 boosts whereas Suicune cannot do the same. (unless it carries ice beam or HP Electric)

Maybe you should run some damage calculations before you post, because it really makes you sound foolish when you don't.

joshe

the best
Okay this rmt is an example of bad advice. The only advice i'd be listening to in this rmt would be from MetaNite and Blue Cleric. Litlmc01 please just stop; Machamp absolutely destroys CurseLax with a stab DynamicPunch. The only way machamp has trouble with any snorlax set is if it has 6 curses in, which is not possible if you are atleast half decent. and FalconPunch, you need to figure out what evs are. Your Gyarados set Should atleast be 88 hp/252 atk/168 spe, and no, you should not even use that. Come on, this is not post what your currently using; this is trying to help someones team be a 1600+ team. seriously, lurk more before you post here (this is helpful advice, and i seriously think you should read this, and sign up for rmt tutoring).

Now for your rate Overcast,

Ok, Now on to the team. The synergy is there, but not the sets. We need to fix that. firstly, the Standard Rest-talk machamp works wonders here, providing a nice tyranitar counter, as well as a status absorber, breaker of walls:

Machamp @ Leftovers
No Guard
Evs: 252 hp/252 atk/4 spe
Adamant
- DynamicPunch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Payback

Payback takes care of Rotom-a, which will be a good thing to take out when i'm done.

Gyarados needs to be changed. The moveset should be to be changed to Rest-talk dragon dance set. It will provide you with a surefire heatran counter, as well as the perfect late game sweeper once vaporeon and suicune are gone:

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Intimidate
Evs: 248 hp/252 Def/8 Spe
Impish
- Dragon Dance
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall

This set has to have Vapoeon and Suicune eliminated to have a clean sweep, so Celebi's moveset should really be changed to the one XxBlueCleric.xX suggested. It will allow you to take out all bulky waters, as well as providing some offense to this team.

Now for Heatran. Heatran's nature needs to be changed to Naive to not weaken the power of explosion, and it needs Dragon Pulse over Hp-ice. Dragon pulse is just as good, if not better than hp-ice. With dragon pulse you get to 2HKO all offensive latias, as well as do more damage to kingdra than hp-ice does. And, With Stealth Rock and Salamences running a -Spdef nature, Salamence gets OHKOed by it, Flygon is too weak defensively, and dragonite is too rare to even be a threat(it gets easily 2hkoed; with SR and a bit of damage, it's gone).

Finally, change Zapdos to what metanite suggested, its better at taking attacks than your current one.

Thats about it, and as previously mentioned, the pokemon were there; the movesets just needed some tweaking.

Good Luck, and if you need anymore help or need more explaining as to why you should use these movesets, i'm right here :DD

Ok ive had a lot of opinions but ill go pokemon by pokemon what i've changes (BTW thx joshe im listening to you)

-No one seems to have any problems with Jirachi so he is going to stay the same.

-For Celebi I an going to listen to joshe and XxBlueCleric.xX and use XxBlueCleric.xX's suggested set:

Celebi @ Life Orb
Thunder Wave
Leaf Storm
Hidden Power [Fire] (26 Atk,30Spe,30SATK IVs))
Rest

-Zapdos is now the set Metanight suggested. But the Evs he suggested do not add up. They where 248 HP / 236 Def / 32 Spe (that = 516)
So, I changed the Defensice EV to 228. But the rest of the set is good.

-For Heatran, I changes to a Naive nature (I shloulda noticed that my bad)
And I am going to use Dragon Pulse over HP Ice (I didnt try that one but It makes good sence).

- I tried it and I like the Rest-Talk Gyarados set

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Intimidate
Evs: 248 hp/252 Def/8 Spe
Impish
- Dragon Dance
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall

So it will replace my current Gyarados set.

-And lastly, Machamp. I am going to use joshe's rest-talk machamp

Machamp @ Leftovers
No Guard
Evs: 252 hp/252 atk/4 spe
Adamant
- DynamicPunch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Payback

It works much better than the other one, and it makes my team last longer.

So wow thank you a lot guys. Sry litlmc01 but the other people's advice work better than yours. Thx expecially to joshe who helped orginise everything out.

The team is much better now.

But still if you have any suggestions please go ahead.

Not really a rate, just a little nitpick - Why does Celebi have rest you could be using Recover?
Umm since he has Leaf Storm he will be switching in and out alot, so rest heals more for one turn, and I will wake up after I switch out anyway.

Either way, recover and rest both have their pros and cons but I like rest better in this case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)