Board Game Return of the Revenge of the Rise of Diplomacy: The Reckoning - A/E/F/R/T Draw

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
sorry i got slammed with homework sunday night, and then last night i fell asleep

Drawesome532 - Austria:
A Budapest - Rumania
A Galicia Supports A Budapest - Rumania
F Greece - Ionian Sea (*Dislodged*)
F Naples Supports A Rome (*Cut*)
A Rome Supports F Naples (*Cut*)
A Serbia Supports F Greece (*Ordered to Move*)
A Tyrolia - Trieste
A Venice - Apulia (*Fails*)

shubaka17 - England:
A Belgium Supports A Burgundy - Picardy (*Void*)
F Edinburgh - Norwegian Sea (*Fails*)
A Liverpool - Wales
A Livonia - Moscow (*Fails*)
F London Supports A Liverpool - Wales (*Cut*)
F Skagerrak - Norway
A Sweden Supports F Skagerrak - Norway

Agape - France:
F Apulia - Naples (*Fails*)
F English Channel - London (*Fails*)
A Marseilles - Burgundy
F Mid-Atlantic Ocean - Irish Sea
F Norwegian Sea - Edinburgh (*Fails*)
A Picardy - Belgium (*Fails*)
A Rumania - Serbia (*Dislodged*)
F Tyrrhenian Sea - Rome (*Fails*)

Jalmont - Russia:
F Black Sea - Constantinople
A Burgundy - Munich
A Finland - St Petersburg (*Bounce*)

King_ - Turkey:
F Aegean Sea Supports A Bulgaria - Greece
A Bulgaria - Greece
F Ionian Sea Supports F Apulia - Naples (*Cut*)
A Moscow - St Petersburg (*Bounce*)
A Sevastopol - Ukraine
A Smyrna Hold

Retreats needed:
Austria: F Greece
France: A Rumania

I would prefer these be in before I go to sleep tonight.

Ampharos

UncleSam is permitted to submit orders for Turkey; please add him to all convos

Drawesome532 - Austria:
F Greece disbands

Agape - France:
A Rumania - Sevastopol

Adjustments needed:
Drawesome - Austria:
Build 1

shubaka17 - England:
Build 1

Jalmont - Russia:
Build 1

King_/UncleSam - Turkey:
Remove

Winter 1914 ends in roughly 24 hours.

Ampharos

roughly.

Drawesome532 - Austria:
Build A Vienna

shubaka17 - England:
Build F Liverpool

Jalmont - Russia:
Build A St. Petersburg

King_/UncleSam - Turkey:
Remove F Ionian Sea

no map because out of town

Spring 1915 ends 10/31 at 3 AM CDT.

Ampharos

Drawesome532 - Austria:
A Galicia - Silesia
F Naples Supports A Rome
A Rome Supports F Naples
A Rumania Supports A Ukraine - Sevastopol
A Serbia Supports A Rumania
A Trieste - Tyrolia
A Venice - Piedmont
A Vienna - Bohemia

shubaka17 - England:
A Belgium - Holland
F Edinburgh - North Sea
F Liverpool - Clyde
A Livonia - Prussia
F London - English Channel (*Fails*)
F Norway Supports F Edinburgh - North Sea
A Sweden Supports F Norway
A Wales - Yorkshire

Agape - France:
F Apulia Supports F Aegean Sea - Ionian Sea (*Void*)
A Burgundy Supports A Picardy - Belgium
F English Channel Supports F Norwegian Sea - North Sea (*Cut*)
F Irish Sea - Liverpool
F Norwegian Sea - North Sea (*Fails*)
A Picardy - Belgium
A Sevastopol Supports A Ukraine - Rumania (*Disbanded*)
F Tyrrhenian Sea Supports F Aegean Sea - Ionian Sea (*Void*)

Jalmont - Russia:
F Constantinople - Black Sea
A Finland - St Petersburg
A Munich - Kiel
A St Petersburg - Livonia

King_ - Turkey:
F Aegean Sea - Constantinople
A Greece Hold
A Moscow Supports A Ukraine - Sevastopol
A Smyrna - Armenia
A Ukraine - Sevastopol

Fall 1915 ends 11/5 at 2 AM CDT.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
tfw two people with units in your base try to explain why they aren't stabbing you LMAO

e: actually let's be fair Jalmont was chill but I really have no clue why Agape stabbed Turkey lmao

Last edited:
I've been played for the last time. I'm never again playing diplomacy on this site. Substitutes have continually ruined games and this game has been marked by a failure to adequately substitute players / give any recognition as to who is playing or who is forfeiting. Why do I have to spend time figuring out whose trying to play or not. I am trying to be a good person by playing the game out even though I lost all interest after committing suicide because I couldn't figure out who was playing. But this is it. I don't have any desire to attempt to play any further.

Thanks for fucking wasting my time. UncleSam is a dumbass.

peace

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sorry for playing the game like it's supposed to be played? I guess I agree that substitutes and lack of seeing games through is an issue though, you're def 100% right on that one. Taking two of people's home centers is in 100% of cases a stab, regardless of if someone is foolish enough to let it happen or not.

Regardless I'm down to vote for a draw if people feel the integrity of the game is compromised.

All I can do is play the position given to me the best I can. I understand that you've not played a ton of diplomacy and frankly I was in your shoes in terms of having a more trust-based alliance in a game of mine last year, but ultimately people are under no obligation in Diplomacy to do anything other than play to their own interests. Frankly I am still willing to play for a draw with sets of people if I view them as being on the level and not going to take Constantinople from Turkey because 'need the units to fight England' like ??? what.

I do propose a solution though: real-time Diplomacy. Something people can actually commit to. 48 hours Diplomacy just can't finish a game because they last way too long and no one wants to be invested in something for months on end. I'd propose trying to make a semi-regular real-time Diplo league so that people can still play the game but not have to deal with the substitutes which are understandably frustrating.

With that being said, I played the position the best I could given what was sent to me. I make no apologies for that.

US: France has been "stabbing" the alliance for so long at this point, it's the reason why Austria never got defeated. He stabbed me in a prospering 3-way alliance, was about ready to drop a stab on Turkey, and since then has been using Russia as a tool to long range stall the rest of the world by giving Russia RPs and nowhere to build. He's doing a great job strategically, just wish I would've known you ignored his talks and I didn't go gunboat this last cycle.

US: France has been "stabbing" the alliance for so long at this point, it's the reason why Austria never got defeated. He stabbed me in a prospering 3-way alliance, was about ready to drop a stab on Turkey, and since then has been using Russia as a tool to long range stall the rest of the world by giving Russia RPs and nowhere to build. He's doing a great job strategically, just wish I would've known you ignored his talks and I didn't go gunboat this last cycle.
That's propaganda. There was full trust within the alliance. King agreed with the "stab" moves and saw them days before execution.

I propose that the game is frozen until King returns. I completely agree with jalmont that the subbing has screwed up the game. I'm willing to continue, but would prefer King over Unclesam, because victory is more likely that way.

Sorry for playing the game like it's supposed to be played? I guess I agree that substitutes and lack of seeing games through is an issue though, you're def 100% right on that one. Taking two of people's home centers is in 100% of cases a stab, regardless of if someone is foolish enough to let it happen or not.

Regardless I'm down to vote for a draw if people feel the integrity of the game is compromised.

All I can do is play the position given to me the best I can. I understand that you've not played a ton of diplomacy and frankly I was in your shoes in terms of having a more trust-based alliance in a game of mine last year, but ultimately people are under no obligation in Diplomacy to do anything other than play to their own interests. Frankly I am still willing to play for a draw with sets of people if I view them as being on the level and not going to take Constantinople from Turkey because 'need the units to fight England' like ??? what.

I do propose a solution though: real-time Diplomacy. Something people can actually commit to. 48 hours Diplomacy just can't finish a game because they last way too long and no one wants to be invested in something for months on end. I'd propose trying to make a semi-regular real-time Diplo league so that people can still play the game but not have to deal with the substitutes which are understandably frustrating.

With that being said, I played the position the best I could given what was sent to me. I make no apologies for that.
I understand US' reasoning here and agree that everyone should play according to their own philosophy of the game. However, this quoted post is just US' view of the game, so take it with a grain of salt. Everyone interprets and plays it differently. If we choose to keep playing this game, we'll just have to adapt to Turkey's player having a different way to play for now.

Personally I'm fine with huge games spanning many months, but real time Diplomacy indeed could be better.

Regarding the integrity of the game, I think it is compromised, but I can still play if the majority wants so. I'm neutral on the matter. Normally I would insist on keeping playing, but the many-year setback is a little disheartening.

It has nothing to do with you playing the position to the best of your ability Sam. I am not an idiot, I know that people are obviously supposed to be playing for their own interests and that's not the problem. The problem stems from the fact that you subbed in, made no attempt to understand the situation at hand or attempt to clarify it, and then proceeded to make moves that King_ almost certainly would not have made. Regardless of whether or not your moves are "better" or whatever, you certainly must realize that you deciding to make moves "in your best interest" without consulting anyone changes the entire complexion of the game.

It's no one's fault that King's computer broke and we got stuck in a shitty situation. Really, I technically have no one to blame but myself for not ending Turkey while I had the chance. But the fact remains that you came into the game and didn't try to understand the situation beyond the map (and this is what I blame you for/am upset about). It would be similarly unfair to everyone else if England's computer broke and a sub came in and decided to make moves that helped me out a ton because that's what they felt was in England's best interest. It's frustrating having to deal with one person's vision of the game and then all of a sudden dealing with a new player who wants to go in a complete opposite direction. Subs just happens to hugely effect the game in Diplo which isn't anyone's fault, it's just the way it is.

I am not even sure why I care so much given that I'm only continuing out of courtesy to everyone else. Whatever, like I said, this is the last time for me. It was bad enough that I played in a game where everyone decided to pander to DLE with their moves in order to let him win. Now I'm stuck in a neverending game where what I do doesn't matter because the true game-winning decisions depend on guessing as to who is playing and who is forfeiting and who subs in.

Ampharos

i mean i made it pretty clear when AG/whydon forfeitted and i thought it was apparent that sam was sending moves for king

i apologize if you felt it wasn't clear but you could have like... asked?

the fact that a sub was necessary in the first place was unfortunate but may i remind you that at the time nobody was against it

tbh if I got subbed and started to help Jalmont that'd be a-okay. I just don't want france to win. This isn't inherently never ending, I just made a play to ensure my goals were achieved (stabbing France when I did, leaving Austria in a defendable position).

When I made my move to prolong the game, you (jalmont) were content to just wait out until Austria was dead, and then probably just draw. Turkey (King_) was only in game to remove Austria, and France was (i think rather clearly) placing himself in effective positions to endgame us.

I'm complaining about the time where it was unclear if King/Whydon were forfeiting, or if they were still allowed to send in orders. It's still half my fault given that I could've just played it safe, but still. I think it should be very clear when countries are forfeiting or if they will still be allowed to submit orders. There was a weird limbo in which no one knew if those two were being subbed, or if they were just NMRing or what. I feel like I should never be in a position where I have to submit orders wondering if a certain country will send in theirs, or if they are going to be subbed or just NMR or what. I feel like if King says he doesn't want to play, then we just say boom Turkey/Italy are out of the game and will be perpetually NMRing. Now I can make orders knowing that those two countries are actually out of the game and there isn't any uncertainty about "well what if that one guy comes back". Maybe people disagree on that one, but that's just what I think is the fair thing to do for the players.

The reason I wasn't against Sam being a sub was because a Turkey NMR is bad for me as is Sam backstabbing our alliance. The only situation that is good for me is if Sam honors the alliance and plays like King. Clearly if I veto the sub, I just lose to NMR unless King comes back sooner rather than later, so I have no choice but to accept and hope Sam works for me.

It's w/e like I said I screwed myself anyways so ultimately I am to blame for my own position, I just feel that my errors have been compounded by factors that really shouldn't be factors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)