rewindman vs AlphaJolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright Hyperion, you can do this! Start off with an Iron Head in order to prevent him from attacking. Follow it up with a Zenn Headbutt for some more damage, and finish it with one last Iron Head! These are all your stab moves, so they should do some damage, and hopefully the combination of paralysis and flinching will prevent scyther from moving.
Iron head - Zenn Headbutt - Iron Head

This doesn't look good Ares. Try to keep from being paralyzed or flinched, do your best! Use Counter on everything! Make him use as much energy as possible.

Hyperion
HP: 90
EN: 100
SPEED: 30
STAT: N/A
OTHER: Leech Seed + (6a)

VS.

Ares (M)
HP: 89
EN: 74
SPEED: 26
OTHER: Paralyzed (20%), Leech Seed - (6a)

After the falling of Tangle rewindman sends out his final Pokemon, and Hyperion is raring to go. He enjoys this unusual speed advantage by ramming into Ares with his Iron Head. The Scyther just takes the blow with a steely resolve, before Countering the damage (plus a healthy amount more) back at the Beldum! Hyperion again launches a headbutt at Ares, this one filled with a strange Zen. It hits right in the gut, causing him to flinch and be unable to return an attack. Hyperion decides to be extra inventive (-.-) and fires off another Iron Head, again making Ares flinch. All the while the Leech Seeds were returning over half the damage done to Hyperion while further draining Scyther. That was certainly one hell of a round from rewindman, but he will need a few more of them to claw back what is basically a 2-1 disadvantage.

Hyperion
HP: 82
EN: 87
OTHER: Leech Seed + (3a)

VS.

Ares (M)
HP: 47
EN: 62
OTHER: Paralyzed (15%), Leech Seed - (3a)

Action 1
Hyperion: Iron Head > 8 + 3 + (3-3)*1.5 = 11 [11 DMG] [4 EN]
Ares: Counter > 11*1.5 = 16.5 = 17 [17 DMG] [12 EN]

Ares is sapped by leech seed [3 DMG]

Action 2
Hyperion: Zen Headbutt > FLINCH! > 8 + 3 + (3-3)*1.5 = 11 [11 DMG] [5 EN]
Ares flinched!

Action 3
Hyperion: Iron Head > FLINCH! > 8 + 3 + (3-3)*1.5 = 11 [11 DMG] [4 EN]
Ares flinched!

AlphaJolt issues actions
rewindman issues actions
I ref

EDIT: I had the right amount of health written down with my calculations, no idea why I typed in 49 :S

Just a note, you didn't do the math right and Ares should be at 47 HP, not 59.

Counter everything again.
Substitution: If he uses Iron Defense, use Brick Break instead of Counter.

Alright Hyperion, let's try something new. Try out a Zenn Headbutt +Iron Head Combination! Use both your mystical powers and your physical strength to create a more powerful attack that hopefully has an even higher chance of flinching! This will also force scyther to waster a turn countering nothing as you don't attack at the turn after a combo.
Follow it up with another Iron Head, flinch flinch flinch!

Zenn Headbutt+Iron Head Combo! - Iron Head

Hyperion
HP: 82
OTHER: Leech Seed + (3a)

VS.

Ares (M)
HP: 47
EN: 62
OTHER: Paralyzed (15%), Leech Seed - (3a)

Hyperion begins this 9th (yes 9th!) round following the same strategy as before, only this time it decides to put in some extra special effort. Hyperion's head flashes with both silver and pink, in a combination of both Iron Head and Zen Heabutt! The attack still only does moderate damage, but the strange energy put into it gives a great chance for a flinch... but Ares doesn't fall for it! Unfortunately he cannot also overcome his paralysis and does nothing regardless. The next set of actions sees Ares' chance to get some back thanks to Hyperion needing to rest after his combination attack. Unfortunately Ares is too busy trying to Counter an attack that never came, completely wasting that energy. After its rest Hyperion goes back to the tried and tested with another Iron Head, and this one sure does cause a Flinch! The seedy present that Tangle left for her team mate now finally runs out, but not before bringing Hyperion back to full health.

Hyperion
EN: 72
OTHER: N/A

VS.

Ares (M)
HP: 16
EN: 56
OTHER: Paralyzed (10%)

Action 1
Hyperion: Iron Head + Zen Headbutt combination > 8 Base power Steel type attack with 50% flinch chance > 8 + 3 + (3-3)*1.5 = 11 > NO FLINCH! [11 DMG] [12 EN]
Ares: Ares is fully paralyzed!

Action 2
Hyperion: Has to rest from the combo
Ares: Counter > There was no attack to counter! [6 EN]

Action 3
Hyperion: Iron Head > FLINCH! > 8 + 3 + (3-3)*1.5 = 11 [11 DMG] [4 EN]
Ares flinched!

So I think my imagining of a combined Iron Head and Zen Headbutt was pretty fair, not that it had any bearing on anything. I like that combo too. I also assumed that the failed Counter still costed the base energy. If Hyperion could actually cause paralysis itself then it could have a chance, but it could find itself in trouble once Argos makes his way out.

rewindman issues actions
AlphaJolt issues actions
I ref

Hyperion
EN: 72

VS.

Ares (M)
HP: 16
EN: 56
OTHER: Paralyzed (10%)

Lets just go ahead and call this one inventive round should we? Hyperion fires off yet another Zen Headbutt, but I guess the repetitiveness can be forgiven with a movepool of just 5 options. Ares manages to beat both the flinch and the parahax to fire back decent damage in the form of another Counter, but the bug finally succumbs to Iron Head. The KO leaves Hyperion looking pretty chuffed (or at least as chuffed as an eye/arm thingy can look) but it also brings out Argos the Growlithe, who might have a thing or two to say about Hyperion's chances in this matchup.

Hyperion
HP: 73
EN: 63

VS.

Ares (M)
HP: KO

Action 1
Hyperion: Zen Headbutt > 8 + 3 + (3-3)*1.5 = 11 [11 DMG] [5 EN]
Ares: Counter > 11*1.5 = 16.5 = 17 [17 DMG] [12 EN]

Action 2
Hyperion: Iron Head > 8 + 3 + (3-3)*1.5 = 11 [11 DMG] [4 EN]
Ares is knocked out!

AlphaJolt issues actions
rewindman issues actions
I ref

You can do this Argos, finish the match strong! Intimidate him and show your fiery power with Fire Blast and Flamethrower.

Things don't look good bud, but stay strong! Use Zenn Headbutt followed by Headbutt finished off with another Zenn Headbutt! deal as much damage as possible!

Hyperion
HP: 73
EN: 63

VS.

Argos (M)
EN: 100
SPEED: 60

We near the closing stages of the battle and AlphaJolt now has to send out his final team member, Argos! The Growlithe tries to start off strong by Intimidating Hyperion, but the attempt passes right through the Beldum's Clear Body! Hyperion responds with yet another Zen Headbutt. It will be a service to us all once he evolves into a Metang and can do something different. Argos meanwhile isn't shaken by his failed Intimidate, and just shoots a Fire Blast right at Hyperion that really finds its mark. After a hit like that Beldum just can't muster up any Zen so instead goes with a normal Heabutt. Argos follows up with a Flamethrower, again with huge damage. Hyperion is on the brink here but it throws in one more Zen Headbutt just for old times sake.

Hyperion
HP: 22
EN: 48

VS.

Argos (M)
HP: 55

Action 1
Argos: Intimidate > Fails due to Clear Body!
Hyperion: Zen Headbutt > 8 + 3 + (3-2)*1.5 = 12.5 = 13 [13 DMG] [5 EN]

Action 2
Argos: Fire Blast > (12 + 3 + (4-2)*1.5)*1.5 = 27 [27 DMG] [7 EN]
Hyperion: Headbutt > 7 + (3-2)*1.5 = 8.5 = 9 [9 DMG] [5 EN]

Action 2
Argos: Flamethrower > (10 + 3 + (4-2)*1.5)*1.5 = 24 [24 DMG] [7 EN]
Hyperion: Zen Headbutt > 8 + 3 + (3-2)*1.5 = 12.5 = 13 [13 DMG] [5 EN]

rewindman issues actions
AlphaJolt issues actions
I ref

Hyperion
HP: 22
EN: 48

VS.

Argos (M)

Not a massive amount to talk about this round, Argos fired off another Flamethrower (which he would have done last round rather than Intimidating if he was clever :P) and Hyperion finally goes down.

Hyperion
HP: KO

VS.

Argos (M)
EN: 76

Action 1
Argos: Flamethrower > (10 + 3 + (4-2)*1.5)*1.5 = 24 [24 DMG] [11 EN]
Hyperion is knocked out!

AlphaJolt wins!

Well GG to you both. Really you did well to keep it this close with solid tactics rewind, if that very first round hadn't have gone so badly for you then it could have all been different. Anywho, prizes time!

deadfox081
6 RC

AlphaJolt
2 TC
Heracles: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, 1 KO
Ares: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, 1 KO
Argos: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, 1 KO

rewindman
2 TC
Ryuu: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC
Tangle: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, 1 KO
Hyperion: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, 1 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)