rhyperior, the forgotten

cloud

groove, slam, work it back, filter that baby, bump
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Tyranitar @ Life Orb
196 Atk/252 Speed/56 SpAtk; Hasty
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

starts off with a bang; catches opening Gyarados and the like, destroys Gliscor

Shuckle @ Leftovers
252 HP/252 Def/6 SpDef; Impish
-Stealth Rock
-Encore
-Rest
-Knock Off

sooo good. walls a crapton of things and forces switches/helps set up for free heal bells and the like. i picked up this ev spread but i'm kinda iffy about it, if anyone has anything better let me know. i used to have calm with 128 def/spdef, but this seems better. dunno.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
6 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed; Adamant
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Outrage
-Fire Blast

beats up on steels, probably my favourite end-game pokemon

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
252 HP/128 Atk/128 SpDef; Adamant/Solid Rock
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Megahorn
-Sleep Talk

i liked rhyperior right from the get-go and it's just so hard to find a team where he fits in perfectly, but he's been doing ok on this team. hits hard and beats the everliving crap out of bliss/bronzong etc. and as such makes a perfect candidate for sleep absorption. ev help needed.

Celebi @ Leftovers
252 HP/204 Def/40 Speed/64 SpDef; Bold
-Grass Knot
-Hidden Power Fire
-Recover
-Heal Bell

does the job.. doesn't hit too hard but that's fine. mainly here for annoying fighters and the occassional magnezone which does wonders on my team : (. ev help needed here, too.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
252 HP/204 Def/52 SpDef; Relaxed (0 speed IV)/Levitate
-Earthquake
-Gyro Ball
-Hypnosis
-Reflect

Bronzong is one of those tanks that can hit so hard in a fast sweeper dominated environment. absolutely destroyed by gyarados, but i have celebi.. kinda? again, ev help needed here.

synopsis:
so overall, i have issues with electric types SOMETIMES; rhyperior/bronzong/celebi have to even out the load. i really wanted a team that did well with rhyperior because i never ever see him around and he's just so cool :3.

issues:
i think i kinda have issues with magnezone, and i'm afraid to change tyranitar around to help deal with it, but i feel i may have to. infernape can do a number on me if i let it set up, but i have garchomp for that.

gyarados kinda beats me up if it gets in and sets up a dd/gets lucky against celebi. dunno how i should deal with that; it'd have to carry ice fang to be a major threat, really. my main strategy revolves around letting shuckle set up encores and switching in to the advantage; if i can encore a dd i have no problems with gyarados at all.

i fear fighting is a problem, too, as i only have one resisting pokemon. any help in that department would be much appreciated.

You should add a Dugtrio it's cute and can kill stuff you

I don't know where it'd go but it's as cute as Dougun Mia but it could be useful.

For example, it could revenge kill the fighters.

Another example, it can kill that Magnezone.

Also Dougun Mia

What does HPFire on Celebi do? Whatever it is, it's kind of cute.

No I like Dugtrio over Rhyperior.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
heracross can kind of be a dick to you in general, at least 2HKOing everything (except probably shuckle) on your team with just a CB MH so watch out for that

besides that you're pokemon enough to pokemon around your pokemon problems, you may want to give zong some atk EVs but it's supposed to be a what so whatever

i think that your Shuckle EV spread is fine but Infernape could cause some troubles especially if it has HP Ice

EDIT:Infernape can take on everything but Garchomp with ease

200 def is overkill on celebi espech with zong imo id never run more than 136 =) allocate to satk, or 222 speed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)