Pokémon Rhyperior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody said something that I forgot >_>
He did bring up SOME good points... awful analogies but good points I guess. Replace Mega Mewtwo X with more OU relevant stuff and I guess it makes sense.

Now for a question, who does Rhyperior like on his team? I'm guessing stuff that can take water/grass hits for our favorite... drill... thing... could help, including things to take on Mega Venusaur and Greninja... any suggestions?

edit: when you quote the wrong person, who this was originally aimed at i forgot :P

A dragon type could take water grass hits easily, I'm thinking maybe Latios, to hit hard on both sides of the spectrum I guess.

I thought the Latis too at first, but then I realized who a lot of those water attacks were coming from: Greninja and Azumarill, two very common Pokemon who don't like switching in onto. Depending on her move set, I guess Latias can beat Gyrados and Keldeo 1v1, but those are definitely not as common... also being able to dominate Mega Venusaur is a nice bonus. Now that I think about it, Latias is better support then I thought :P

How about Mega Venusaur? This thing can take on almost any water type that Rhyperior struggles with, bar Greninja running extrasensory. (damnit ninja)

Yeah Mega Venu seems like a good fit, but as you mentioned Greninja beats both of them if carrying extrasensory. Surf Latios which albeit quite rare also destroys that core.

I do like Dragon Tail on the Stealth Rock set. It really nails the Latis hard if they try to switch in to Defog on a predicted Earthquake. It really does screw you over if they have a Fairy though, especially Azumaril. Which sucks because EQ is a clean 2HKO on an Azu switch in, but you'd have to run 84 speed EVs to outrun and get the kill. Only Choice Band Waterfall can OHKO Rhyperior from full though, and that set runs a little speed as is, so I guess it isn't really worth it. I'd hate to give Azu a free Belly Drum however, and you need more than 44 Atk EVs to OHKO after SR and Sitrus berry. I don't know why I'm focusing on this matchup so much. :p

If they have any water/grass type that can get a free switch in (pretty easy for grass types to switch in on earthquake), rhyperior either gets forced out, and then they get a free turn to do anything they want, and in some cases (bellyjet azu), it could be game changing.

i ran eq stone edge sr and rock polish with sitrus and i walled many things, its easily one of my favorite pokemon its way better then aggron who loses his rock typeing when it megas making fire do more even with filter (yes i know aggron isnt used in ou)

rock steel is a horrible defensive typing imo, weak to common attacking moves like fighting, ground and water
Aggron (ignoring abilities):
Weaknesses: Fighting, Ground, Water
Resistances: Bug, Dragon, Fairy, Flying, Ice, Normal, Psychic, Rock
Immunities: Poison

I'm not saying if it's good or bad, but it does resist ice, flying, and dragon, at the cost of almost autolosing to fighting and ground. Make of it what you will.

i ran eq stone edge sr and rock polish with sitrus and i walled many things, its easily one of my favorite pokemon its way better then aggron who loses his rock typeing when it megas making fire do more even with filter (yes i know aggron isnt used in ou)
What is Rock Polish supposed to accomplish? Why would you use it on a Stealth Rock set? I'm a little skeptical about this whole thing... Tell me if I'm missing something.

Aggron (ignoring abilities):
Weaknesses: Fighting, Ground, Water
Resistances: Bug, Dragon, Fairy, Flying, Ice, Normal, Psychic, Rock
Immunities: Poison

I'm not saying if it's good or bad, but it does resist ice, flying, and dragon, at the cost of almost autolosing to fighting and ground. Make of it what you will.

What is Rock Polish supposed to accomplish? Why would you use it on a Stealth Rock set? I'm a little skeptical about this whole thing... Tell me if I'm missing something.
its good for sweeping if needed like say all they got are zard and talon and ur at 1/2 from putting down rocks, u can eat 2 bb's but eq is risky, yes ik its situational and i actually for got to add that i also run dragon tail

If your referring to Mega Aggron>Rhyperior, the only thing that makes Agg worse is the op cost of the Mega Stone. Better typing, better stats in both defenses, and it still can still run all the same moves as Rhyp, except with the STABs shifted. Solid Rock/Filter allows you to live most 2x hits. 4x hits really can't be taken reliably. Rhyperior has 2 4x weakness, Aggron has none. It also doesn't matter that Fire does a little bit more, I'd take a 2x Fire weakness over a 4x Water and 4x Grass weakness any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

If your referring to Mega Aggron>Rhyperior, the only thing that makes Agg worse is the op cost of the Mega Stone. Better typing, better stats in both defenses, and it still can still run all the same moves as Rhyp, except with the STABs shifted. Solid Rock/Filter allows you to live most 2x hits. 4x hits really can't be taken reliably. Rhyperior has 2 4x weakness, Aggron has none. It also doesn't matter that Fire does a little bit more, I'd take a 2x Fire weakness over a 4x Water and 4x Grass weakness any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
ok bro most the stuff ppl run on aggron are stab iron head eq (non stab),sr, and stone edge (non stab) which are stab with rhyperior, and yes you lose your slot for mega stone and your talking about grass and water, unless its a rain team or they got rotom, when do they ever lead with them? and yes i know hes not the best set up mon but he beats aggron set up wise and can fight aggron is lucky to get two or three attacks in if u dont have a wish pokemon plus if your scared of grass or water mons give it the berrys

EDIT: also mega medicham and both the zards are seen all the time

Rhyperior is not a stallmon. It can be a momentum killer, sure. However, the offensive Tank set is probably the single strongest offensive answer to BirdSpam available. Anything else it stacks up against well (a surprisingly high amount of things) is just a bonus. Also:

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 212 HP, 44 Atk, 252 Def
Nature: Adamant
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Tail / Roar / Megahorn / Ice Punch

I use this set, but with Ice Punch in the last slot over other options. Ice Punch nails Lando-T on the switch, hits Gliscor hard, and is a safer way of taking down Garchomp and Dragonite. Rhyperior really shouldn't be phazing, that's not exactly high on it's list of priorities.
vary nice but just saying, why would you use non stab ice punch over stone edge on dragonite? i dont think it would kill for one and its common that they run the ice berry (and ik and weakness policy)

Why would you run iron head over heavy slam. Aggron tends to run heavy slam, SR, ice punch, t wave or dragon tail/fire punch.

vary nice but just saying, why would you use non stab ice punch over stone edge? i dont think it would kill for one and its common that they run the ice berry (and ik and weakness policy)
omg what is wrong with you he already has stone edge as the 3rd moveslot and most gliscor almost always runs toxic orb over yache berry shit, and wtf is weakness policy lando-t get out of here troll

omg what is wrong with you he already has stone edge as the 3rd moveslot and most gliscor almost always runs toxic orb over yache berry shit, and wtf is weakness policy lando-t get out of here troll
o
sorry i edited it

ok bro most the stuff ppl run on aggron are stab iron head eq (non stab),sr, and stone edge (non stab) which are stab with rhyperior, and yes you lose your slot for mega stone and your talking about grass and water, unless its a rain team or they got rotom, when do they ever lead with them? and yes i know hes not the best set up mon but he beats aggron set up wise and can fight aggron is lucky to get two or three attacks in if u dont have a wish pokemon plus if your scared of grass or water mons give it the berrys

EDIT: also mega medicham and both the zards are seen all the time
There's a lot of Water and Grass attacks out there. Keldeo, Azumarill, Greninja, Mega Venusaur, Celebi and Slowbro are quite common, even if Rhyperior and Agg aren't taking all of them on. There's a lot more Water and Grass attacks out there outside of a rain team or Rotom-W.

vary nice but just saying, why would you use non stab ice punch over stone edge on dragonite? i dont think it would kill for one and its common that they run the ice berry (and ik and weakness policy)
Yache Garchomp isn't common anymore, and the rest of them don't run Yache Berries ever.

44+ Atk Rhyperior Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 204-244 (57.6 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
44+ Atk Rhyperior Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 102-120 (28.8 - 33.8%) -- possible 5HKO after Poison Heal

-1 44+ Atk Rhyperior Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-T: 172-204 (45 - 53.4%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 44+ Atk Rhyperior Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-T: 84-100 (21.9 - 26.1%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

That's why you run Ice Punch. Also, IP hits DNite the same as Stone Edge, but with better accuracy. You can also run Fire Punch to get by Ferrothorn and Scizor if you hit them on the switch.

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Rhyperior+Mega Venu is great as birdspam, which kills Venu, is beaten by Rhyperior and his weakness to water and grass is resisted by Venu. Landorus and Greninja are problems and the lack of recovery outsides lefties sucks for Rhyperior. However, with wish support from for example Chansey is nice and also helps killing Greninja and not-mixed Landorus. Played with the core and is really nice against Birdspam and Voltturn

silver97

GUNDELEROS WE DO THE PATTO DI SANGUE
Rhyperior is quite unique in what it does because it is probably the only thing that counters every single member of flying spam. in the first weeks of ORAS it could see some usage in OU since it is one of the few mega salamence counters; of course salamence is a fucking monster and could run draco meteor or even hydro pump if it has trouble with this thing, but i think this is one of the few reliable answers for mence and therefore is worth giving a try (at least for the first weeks, then mence will be banned so...)

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 164 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

This set is similar to many other proposed, the only thing different is the evs spread. It allows to always 2HKO fully defensive lando-t after stealth rock intimidate and leftovers recovery and OHKOs mega mence without investments after stealth rock, while comfortably avoiding 2HKO from +1 eq from mega mence

silver97

GUNDELEROS WE DO THE PATTO DI SANGUE
Rhyperior probably won't be tanking lots of super effective hits anyway, so it might not be that good.
what makes rhyperior fantastic in what it does is exactly that: it can tank even strong supereffective moves
252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 190-226 (43.7 - 52%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Staraptor Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 183-216 (42.1 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
however weakness policy in my opinion is never a good item, it is too situational and you may waste it if you get hit by a supereffective move before you actually try to setup and sweep

Does nobody use Rock Blast? :[

Yes, it has potentially less strength at times, but it's more accurate than SE and has the ability to break Sashes and Substitutes while dealing damage to the Pokemon he's attacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)