Ricky Hatton vs Floyd Mayweather

Who's going to be watching this fight? Me and a few of my friends are planning a late night to see it.

Will it be the Rumble in the Jungle of our generation, or an overhyped flop?

Wn't be watching it, unfortunately, but no doubt it'll live up to the hype. Both are a great boxers. I'm hoping for a Hatton win. He's gonna do us proud.

I am really excited for this fight.

I really don't think there is any chance of it being a flop. These are both such insanely talented fighters and putting them in the ring together will make for a great show no matter what. I am really torn on who to root for in this fight because as lovable as Hatton is and as much as I can't stand Mayweather, I almost want Mayweather to keep his title so he can fight Miguel Cotto.

From what I have seen of him, Hatton is deffinately going to be one of Mayweathers biggest challenges yet. Another thing tilting the fight in Hattons favor is Mayweathers arrogance. He is really underestimating Hatton and doesn't seem to take him seriously at all.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Rooting for Hatton - if I'm free on the night I'll definitely be watching it

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've been praying for Mayweather to lose one ever since he got that ass decision over Castillo a few years ago.

He should have lost that fight but he didnt and is still undefeated and being extremely arrogant about it.

Rooting for Hatton, he can definitely do it.

My boyfriend went to school with Ricky Hatton's brother, who had a friend who's brother taught them how to wank.
Strange but true.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
not really biased one way or the other, but Hatton can't knock out what he can't hit, and I *really* don't think he can hit Mayweather.

I kind of like Mayweather's arrogance though - for someone without a rooting interest, it's fun

Can someone please tell me what time and channell the fight will be on?

Much appreciated ive been anticipating this fight with much excitment. I got my money on Hatton though :D

Oh well. Mayweather won. He showed yet again, why he's the best. Perhaps it was asking too much of Hatton to step up a weight and then fight the best there is.
I'm still proud of Hatton, he's got the heart of a Lion. I guess acting like a jackass is Mayweather hyping up the fight, he's not such a bad guy.

Once again. the boxer beats the fighter.

Hatton was never really in the fight after the fifth or sixth round.

The referee was practically retarded in the first few rounds. Was he trying to stamp his authority on the fight or what was he playing at?

I hate the way Mayweather talked so much trash before the fight, and afterwards was all buddy buddy with Hatton.

But more than that, I hated the British fans booing the American anthem. Absolute dopes.

Who thinks Mayweather will retire? There are a few up and coming opponents for him, but now wouldn't be the worst time for him to retire in my opinion.

Once again. the boxer beats the fighter.

Hatton was never really in the fight after the fifth or sixth round.

The referee was practically retarded in the first few rounds. Was he trying to stamp his authority on the fight or what was he playing at?

I hate the way Mayweather talked so much trash before the fight, and afterwards was all buddy buddy with Hatton.

But more than that, I hated the British fans booing the American anthem. Absolute dopes.

Who thinks Mayweather will retire? There are a few up and coming opponents for him, but now wouldn't be the worst time for him to retire in my opinion.
He only talked trash to hype up the fight. I doubt he meant any of what he said before hand. If you look at him , how he is in private, he's a good guy at heart.

Floyd Won, dang. I didn't know how good of a boxer he was.

I only first knew about him on Dancing with the Stars,lol.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
He better not retire, not before he loses one.

Who retires at 30 in his prime anyway... but granted he's fought everyone.. in many different classes.

How was the fight, I didnt see it, Im actually surprised it didnt go to a decision.

He better not retire, not before he loses one.

Who retires at 30 in his prime anyway... but granted he's fought everyone.. in many different classes.

How was the fight, I didnt see it, Im actually surprised it didnt go to a decision.
Lots of fighters retire at thirty in their prime. Mayweather has his head on straight and after the fight said something along the lines of "I plan on retiring from boxing, I don't want boxing to retire me."

I just really hope that before he retires we'll get to see him fight Cotto.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
I dont think a lot of them retire at 30 in their prime. Name lots that were in their prime. Recently, I can only think of Trinidad, and that was after a loss (and he came out of retirement since). Those in decline, those that have been hurt or dont have big fights in their future might though.

Many in their prime still have a lot of money fights left. Floyd however, has pretty much beat everyone already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)