Rip 'em a new one! [OU RMT]

Intro: It's about time I make a new team. This team focuses on scouting the opponent's team then taking a plan of action to take out the opposition. [Note] I mainly play on suspect, where Salamence is a non-issue.

Building Process:
I started out thinking, what are the two most pain in the ass leads that you see every battle? Azelf and Machamp. What can beat those two leads?

Now for the second phase of my plan I needed a spiker. Another Pokemon I haven't had the chance to use much but is an excellent spiker:

Then I got started on my ideas: What is a very annoying U-Turner that can threaten teams nonetheless?

Now two Pokemon that can murder the bulky waters that come in on 'nape:

And the Pokemon that will definitely rip the opponent a new one once those bulky waters are gone:

After some testing I realized Skarm really sucked at what it was doing for me, with the set I was using and all. A simple SR Swampert supported me much better:

Honchkrow@Expert Belt
Adamant - 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
+Insomnia+
~Brave Bird
~Pursuit
~Sucker Punch
~Taunt

Explanation:
Honchkrow is a great Anti-Lead, as every time I enter battle I see either a Machamp or an Azelf. Brave Bird murders Machamp. With Azelf, I'll use Pursuit first, and the Expert Belt fakes a Choice item. Then I use Sucker Punch as they try to Explode, thinking they can't escape. Taunt also goes very well with Sucker Punch, and keeps leads like Swampert and Metagross from using SR, as well as forcing Sucker Punch on them. Insomnia is usually forgotten about, and gives me an extra turn to Brave Bird Roserade leads as they try to Sleep me, then I can finish it off the next turn while they get a pitiable 1 layer of Toxic Spikes, or Sucker Punch if it tries to attack me. 4 Speed EVs will outspeed 8 Speed Metagross, but my EV spread I made up is really bad, I need help here. The HP was intended to help Brave Bird recoil, but it's rarely used. Though, Honchkrow's untouched speed lies in a place that is either way too slow for speeders or high enough for the sluggers.

Battle Report:
I haven't seen any Machamps or Azelfs yet..and this lead has trouble against some of them if they're NOT those two, mostly the bulky ones like Swampert and Hippowdon. A regretful but necessary change may be to move Swampert here and fill this slot with something else, but we'll see with further testing.
---

Swampert@Leftovers
Relaxed - 252 Defense / 252 HP / 4 Sp.D
+Torrent+
~Earthquake
~Ice Beam
~Stealth Rock
~Roar

Explanation:
I was battling and realized that Skarmory was largely dead weight because..well, it didn't do anything helpful. It laid hazards then died. Sounds like a suicide lead. xD Anyways I needed a solid Earthquake user, and Swampert also kept the SR and phazing that Skarm had, while also being able to actually do something and be partially useful against Starmie without Grass Knot. Swampert is also my bulky water, since Empoleon is only effective when hidden until the late game.

Battle Report:
Swampert has been doing very well in the team, he provides nice support and immunity while not being overly weak to anything besides Celebi and Shaymin. Random HP Grasses are pretty easy to predict as well, especially if they switch into me. Roar hasn't seen much use but Waterfall/Surf wouldn't have either, I'll figure out whether to keep Roar with further testing.
---

Infernape@Life Orb
Naive - 252 Atk / 192 Spe / 64 SpA
+Blaze+
~Overheat
~U-Turn
~Mach Punch
~Close Combat

Explanation:
This Infernape is used to lure in bulky waters and use U-Turn on their switch in to get the upper hand with Jolteon or Shaymin. Close Combat and Overheat abuse the STABs and Mach Punch is a useful priority move that can help against Lucario. I may replace Mach Punch with Thunderpunch or Stone Edge, but I'm not sure which I want yet. Mach Punch hasn't seen much use but I haven't found many situations where I would use SE or TP either.

Battle Report:
Infernape has been doing alright, it really has no business sweeping though. It's mainly a lure and helps against the wretched Starmie with U-Turns, who runs through my team if I can't predict around it. Otherwise he's been a useful revenge killer and consistent threat for the opponents, keeping them on their toes.
---

Shaymin@Life Orb
Timid - 224 Speed / 32 HP / 252 Sp. Atk
+Natural Cure+
~Seed Flare
~Earth Power
~Hidden Power [Fire]
~Rest

Explanation:
Shaymin is my first Water killer. It can take the likes of Swampert and other bulky waters with ease, and Earth Power even slays Empoleon. HP Fire can net a suprise KO on Scizor. Rest is to heal up and be ready to go on the next switch in. I'm debating whether to switch this out for a Celebi. Though I would miss Seed Flare's consistent power without a weight dependence or a Sp Atk drop, running a tinker bell set could help Empoleon in the long run. Or maybe just Tinker's EVs on this Shaymin?

Battle Report:
Shaymin has been an alright contender on the team so far. It can set some nice kills with a stronger than expected Seed Flare (OHKO'd a Flygon, no crit! o_o!!), though Earth Power remains virtually unused. I recently put HP Fire over Leech Seed because I never found myself using it, and there were a few situations (read: Scizor) where HP Fire would have been very useful.
---

Jolteon@Choice Specs
Timid - 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed / 4 Hp
+Volt Absorb+
~Thunderbolt
~Shadow Ball
~Hidden Power [Ice]
~Baton Pass

Explanation:
SpecsJolt, another Pokemon that can blast holes in the opponent's team if they underestimate it. I usually just fire off Thunderbolts, and if a ground type comes in I switch to Shaymin to scare it off. Rotom forms are blasted with Shadow Ball and HP Ice hits dragons and grassers. I chose HP Ice > Grass since I have a freaking Shaymin already with a crazy Seed Flare. Jolt helps take the Electric attacks for my birds.

Battle Report:
Jolteon has been faring very well lately, but it suffers a great deal in the field when coming in. It's almost exclusively on a revenge kill, unless a predicted Electric attack aids switching. But when it's in, it can be very difficult for the opponent to find something to take the superbolt.
---

Empoleon@Petaya Berry
Modest - 232 Speed / 252 Sp. Atk / 24 Defense
+Torrent+
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Substitute
~Agility

Explanation:
Empoleon loves to abuse its ability as much as Togekiss does. Togekiss may chip away at helpless opponents, but Empoleon just blasts its way through them. Once the rest of my team has put holes in the opponent's team, it's pretty easy to clean up with Empy late game, especially with all the CB Scizors spamming Bulelt Punch. I used Ice Beam over Grass Knot because the rest of my team is practically designed to take out the bulky waters that Surf + Grass Knot would fear.

Battle Report:
Empoleon has been serving the team very well. Every time it has come in it has finished the game off well for me if the opportunity is there. If I was dumb and this is the only thing left against an EQ or Tbolt abuser then of course he cant pull me out of that one, but that's my fault. If he has the opportunity, he'll take it.
---
Graveyard

Skarmory@Leftovers
Impish - 252 HP / 64 Sp. Def / 176 Def / 16 Spe
+Keen Eye+
~Roost
~Spikes
~Stealth Rock
~Whirlwind

Reason for Removal: Skarmory was seemingly a pile of scrap metal for the team. It would sluggishly set up Stealth Rocks and Spikes only for them to be easily spun away most of the time. It was of no offensive threat to the opposition, and it was usually one of the last two Pokemon standing because it just didn't do anything. Replaced by Swampert.

Threat List
!under construction!

Closing

Through the team's testing so far, it has performed very well. It holds true to its title, ripping holes in the team so another teammate can muscle through, ultimately leading to Empoleon's late game cleanup. Thank you for taking the time to read through this RMT and leave any thoughts or impressions it may have left.

Maybe you should put swampy as your lead and switch krow out for a Dugtrio so you can guarentee a death on Blissey to help Empoleon sweep

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)