XY OU Rise of the Planet of the Apes

What up everyone? My name is Nog and this is my second RMT and I felt it was time to make another. A lot has happened since my last one so this is kind of recap on what's happened and a look at a hella fun team to play. Since my first RMT I have gotten a pre contributor badge for RMT work which has turned into a community contributor badge due to me running a lot of threads. I got into the mentor program and now help people out a ton with learning the game or pointing them in the right direction. I got into IDM, a very VERY prestigious pokemon clan from PO due to me being a legend (and because Tokyo Tom is a lord). I played in my first premier league and was a starter for XY OU and soon will be a starter in WCOP once we actually start this all up. I am a PO OU QC member now and got a badge there in less than 30 posts ?_? Not pokemon related I recently landed a job working for an early head start program which serves children ages 0-3 and provides a day care for teen parents while they attend college. I honestly love that job as children are fucking adorable and it's always nice to give back to the community. Lastly I am continuing to coach kindergarten, actually they are first grade now, basketball until my own basketball season rolls around and love doing that as well. Nothing better than teaching kids about the best sport in the world :] Sorry for boring you all to death but I had to let you know what's been happening. On to the team; it's not standard by any means nor is it a top contender for any sort of award, but it is creative, innovative, and more importantly hella fun to play. Without further ado I introduce you to my team.

@

Ability: Blaze
EVs: 212 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
Close Combat | Flare Blitz | Slack Off | Will-o-Wisp

Take a moment to praise my innovation pls. Thank you. This set is the only Infernape set I ever run simply because it's the most fun thing to use ever. It forces rage quits all the time, induces rage-like feelings, makes people think I'm terrible or innovative which can be good or bad and this set proves that Infernape is more than just a washed up wall breaker from its gen 4 glory days. Pretty much only on the team to counter the hell out of Bisharp as my team is a bit weak to it without him. Pairs well with Celebi type wise and attracts counters and checks like Rotom-Wash and Quagsire that Celebi can take down. My EVs look crazy but are really simple and easy to follow. First off max defense was chosen because it's my counter to Bisharp and check to other physical threats. Impish Nature only enhances this so it was thrown on as well. 40 speed is needed to out speed fully invested Mega Gyarados before a DD so I can either Close Combat for serious damage or simply burn it with Will-o-Wisp. 212 HP helps me regain more HP from lefties because it's even and 4 Atk EVs were thrown in as filler, plus I have two attacks that are physical so it fits well. Taunt is an option if you are in need of this nape to perform a stall break role but generally I run Flare Blitz for fire type coverage and a hard hitting STAB.

@

Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Earth Power | Giga Drain | Psychic | Stealth Rock / Recover

Another old washed up relic from the past making a debut into the OU meta game once more. I just wanted to fit this onto a team in gen 6 and it seems to work the best with a ttar + Bisharp counter. It helps break down bulky water types and Mega Venusaur so Mega Tyranitar has an easier job sweeping. Natural Cure is lovely for absorbing status aimed at teammates and Grass typing this gen is amazing due to spore nerf. Earth Power is ran mainly for Bisharp and Heatran who would otherwise wall this set. Steel types in general are hit hard by a max SAtk Life Orb Earth Power from Celebi unless they have a balloon or are flyers. Skarmory is such a pain but I have checks and swap ins for it. Stealth Rock is usually what I use but if I know my opponent is going to play offense I opt for Recover and hand off the entry hazards to Landorus. Having Stealth Rocks in insanely necessary because my team is quite weak to Talonflame, can break Focus Sashes so things can't revenge kill Mega Tyranitar or Azumarill as easily, and just for solid residual damage knocking the foes even lower. Recover is only used to mitigate some of the entry hazard damage and Life Orb recoil increasing its longevity and allowing it to wall break better.

@

Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Dragon Dance | Earthquake | Ice Punch | Stone Edge

Why is this thing so damn powerful? It has owned OU since it came into existence. It has godly stats and an absurd move pool, having a move for literally everything in the game. That being said I really enjoy playing ADV OU and DD ttar is just the greatest so I decided to make this my end goal, main win condition, and my mega of choice. It's main job is to just chill in the back until most, if not all, of its checks and counters are either heavily damaged or killed off. Setting up a DD is relatively easy to do and can out speed base 130's at +1. Earthquake is for things like other Tyranitar, Excadrill, Heatran and especially Aegislash. Ice Punch is another great coverage move as it hits things like Landorus-Therian and dragons extremely hard and helps secure KO's on other flying types of I can't risk the miss. Stone Edge is the main and only STAB on this set as it just destroys lives one crit at a time. This slot used to be Crunch but it wasn't doing as much damage as I needed it to and missing always sucks but crits are a blessing.

[15:56] Gear Grind3r: why is tyranitar ou still? its weak to common priority and has a lot of weaknesses, plz plz drop it down to uu

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, one of my favorite quotes ever because this nigga is just so wrong haha.

@

Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
Aqua Jet | Belly Drum | Play Rough | Waterfall

One of my favorite Pokemon ever simply because it's a fucking rabbit who smashes entire teams by itself, hello? Very difficult to check and even harder to counter on most offensive teams. Azumarill is a secondary win condition and an insanely reliable one at that. It also attracts things that ttar attracts so it can wall break great ensuring Tyranitar gets a clean sweep. Obviously this is the goal and not always feasible, but more or less works all the time. As we all know Azumarill isn't the quickest Pokemon around so Aqua Jet is pretty much mandatory. Not many things on offense can take a +6 Aqua Jet well anyway and Azumarills revenge killing potential is pretty ridiculous. Belly Drum is the bread and butter to this set, without it I wouldn't need Sitrus Berry nor would it be as great as a win con. Finding a turn to set up is fairly easy and punishing teams afterwards is even easier. Play Rough is a STAB that you use pretty much all the time. Things that can take a waterfall easily fall face first into the dirt when they are hit by Play Rough. Missing always sucks and 90% accuracy is so damn troll, but Pokemon isn't a game of skill so we have come to expect the misses. The attack drop on opponents is also really useful and helps out against anything not a defiant user (Bisharp is such a cock block oml). Waterfall is your other STAB (yes I realize aqua jet is STABed too but eh) and is used for the steel types that aren't hit hard by Play Rough, when you need some flinch hax, or when you just need a reliable hard hitting move to actually hit. To be quite honest here I don't even remember what the EV spread is for but I always use it on my bd Azumarills :/ it will come back to me eventually, but for now just accept the set as is and don't ask questions.

@

Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
Naive Nature
Earth Power | Focus Blast | Knock Off / Stealth Rock | Psychic

Before I added in Landorus my team was pretty hopeless against common stall Pokemon and I was in need of something for electricity. Plus this nigga has a mustache so how are you NOT going to put one on your team? Earth Power is it's main STAB and the move it generally spams against most threats. Focus Blast is for stall nuisances like Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and things that feel the need to float on balloons. Stealth Rock is interchangeable with Knock Off simply because both of these moves are match up reliant and both have their individual uses. Knock Off is mainly for Chansey and Lati@s, but plays a large role in helping stop passive recovery against stall or simply knock off a much needed item against offensive teams. Stealth Rocks is used when I am playing against balance or hyper offense while Knock Off is used if I am going up against stall or bulky offense. Psychic is just a really solid coverage move and pairs well with Focus Blast. Also slays Mega Venusaur which is just fat af and so hard to take down.

@

Ability: Stance Chance
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SAtk / 16 Spe
Quiet Nature
King's Shield
| Sacred Sword | Shadow Ball | Shadow Sneak

Standard Aegislash set so not much needs to be said. Aegislash itself checks half the meta game and has been S rank since its debut due to its having effectively 150 in offenses and defenses, it's strong STABs and interesting move pool, and it's amazing ability to force a 50 / 50 literally every turn. Team was a bit weak to Azumarill and Thundurus so Aegislash fit, plus I pretty much run Aegislash on every single team I make because it just dunks things ?_? Wouldn't be surprised if it got a suspect test in the near future, hint hint, wink wink ;] Anyway King's Shield is pretty much ran on every Aegislash so you can spam your ability and my thought process was no different. Sacred Sword is for Bisharps, Tyranitars, and Chansey mainly although Iron Head / Flash Cannon can be considered. Generally I only run Flash Cannon with a Life Orb, but it's up to you. Shadow Ball is the main attack that Aegislash will be using as it hits the hardest on most things and tears holes in enemy teams for Aegislash's teammates to exploit. Shadow Sneak allows for solid revenge kill potential and in this meta you need at least one priority user or you pretty much lose (unless of course you are running like stall).
Infernape @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 212 HP / 40 Spd / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Slack Off
- Will-O-Wisp

Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock / Recover

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SAtk / 16 Spd
Quiet Nature
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off / Stealth Rock
- Psychic

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Waterfall

Just a few quick some shout outs for all my niggas who stay real
Tokyo Tom - without you I wouldn't even be in IDM and you were my first IDM friend so I thank you a shit ton.
CTC - yung leader straight reppin IDM wherever he goes, not even bad, plus I use like all the teams you post so thanks for posting them and for letting me into IDM. Keep innovating son because the meta is stale without you.
gr8astard - the other side of the admin coin, literally the most chill nigga I have ever talked to, thanks for letting me in and for keeping all the snakes in line *-* pls teach me to team build :]
MikeDecIsHere - god damn, you're so real mang. Living the life and doing it up early af, also gonna teach high school senior girls math, I see you ;]
-Tsunami- - straight up nigga and I got yo back whenever peeps wanna come down on you. Not as lucky as you used to be, but it was replaced with skill (somewhat), hit me up with IDM merchandise so I can use it in the gym n_n
Blim - the best Ubers player period imo. So consistent and not all luck wins. Thanks for drafting me for UPL although I do LITERALLY NOTHING and I might start playing ubers for real just to challenge you so be warned :]]]]]]]]]]
New Breed - even before I was in IDM you were a chill dude to talk to, albeit it was like a week before I joined that I met you, but that's beside the point. Best RU team builder I know so mad props to you son. Unbirthday - Alice :]]]]]]]]] been a pleasure to get to know you and you are my first horse friend so that's a plus. Btw Sammy is better than you so I'd just stop trying to ladder if I was you :]
Sinclair - PO OU tier leader reppin hard, no hard feelings about leaving central because I am taking your spot as a starter :] the pics you post are always weird af, but always worth the time to click and check it out.
Mizuhime - idk why I don't talk to you more ?_? You're pretty funny whenever you talk and I hear you're cute af so that's not bad at all
Key - I don't talk to you as much as I should so my b on that, still great to talk to and you're hella funny.
Edgar - my mexican ubers friend, how's it hanging? The struggle is real for you but you still make solid ass teams and play well, thanks for helping me with ubers battling and ffs pls learn something more about the nba. NO IVERSON DOES NOT PLAY ANYMORE!
PROBLEMS - don't talk to you much but you are still a great ubers player and are getting better in OU. Hopefully you get PO gym leader because you deserve it mang.
CrashinBoomBang - another dude I definitely should talk to more but I don't. Landorus wildcard is way too strong and so is cbb nite, keep innovating the meta pls
aim - nothing but a lord, one of the best overall players in like every single tier I have ever seen play, I was so starstruck when talking to you ngl, but now it's just common to say what's up :o

Halcyon. - if you don't know this man, you need to introduce yourself. It's always a joy talking to you about literally everything from pokes to school to women to bball to whatever else we talk about. Thanks for being there to talk to and to rate / practice with me. Good luck in WCOP!
Subject 18 - so happy that you are in our Skype group man, you greeted me like I was an old friend even though we had just met, thanks for team testing, giving me teams, rating teams, giving me free likes on posts and just remember: pokemon is a good game :]
Gary2346 - WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU LEAVING ME WITH THESE PLEBS?! Rip mang, you will be missed. It has been a joy to meet and talk with you and thanks for standing by me with all my dram, thanks for giving me the viability ranks and most importantly stay safe so you can come back to us.
shartruce2 - probably the smallest friend I have that isn't 5 years old (I coach kindergarten basketball you perverts) but you play and talk like you are 10 feet tall, solid dude who is always nice to talk with and he just listens like no other, thanks mang. Literally can't hate this dude btw because he barely talks ?_?
ben gay - the lord is here, one of the best battlers that I know and you are pretty consistent :] thanks for the teams and the occasional ghosting when needed
ShootingStarmie - my nigga, we always fight and you always troll but you are just the man to oppose me, hopefully you pass meds this time but I'm hoping you don't somewhat so you can stay :] you suck at haxball and chess but are better than me at both so idk why I talk ?_?
Molk - the greatest troll I know other than myself, started so much rumors and lies that spread like fucking wild fires but nevertheless is a great guy, the best tier leader imo and gets shit done quick, fast and in a hurry.
Don Honchkrorleone - no matter how much I praise you and build you up no one will ever find anything I say you said funny unless they hear it from your mouth, oml dat voice is godly. You're pretty good at NU and RU and your smash pass OU was complete shit but you conquered PS nubs so win imo.
Nova - glad you came back from however long ago you stopped playing and visiting the forums so I could meet you (you probs quit before I even knew there was competitive pokemon tbh) and hit me up so we can play league some. Nidalee best champ and meteos farms too much so #shitplayer #shitteam #NAiskindabadatLoL #gottheresets
The Jaiho - ahh yung based jai, chill to talk to, solid dude all the way around except he is kinda terrible at battling, but we overlook that because he loves Taylor Swift :]
Kushalos - the UU god himself has arrived, thanks for all the teams you give me and keep achieving, you will one day get a badge don't you worry!
The Leprechaun - I see you conor, straight smashing UU all the time, thanks for teams as well and your voice is so damn sexy oml, keep that shit up.
NekoNayz - hiya neko n_n, glad to have met you and your voice is nothing but adorable, always nice to talk to you and pls hop in call more :]
EnerG218 - just recently met you but god damn you're hilarious, the stuff you post is unreal and you are always making me laugh, hopefully I talk to you more often because I can always use a laugh or two. Laga - another someone I hardly talk to but see all the time, straight doubles lord and his voice is p cool, I hear he's good at haxball but I've never seen him play :/
Haunter - ffs nigga talk more, calling fucking everyone a fgt is what I look forward to when I see you typing away so get to it! Thanks for approving all of my threads in OU and for constantly abusing your power on PS for everyone's amusement n_n
Trinitrotoluene - don't even know why I have you listed as a Skype pal when you are never on, but you are a great guy nonetheless. Always encouraging me and giving me props that I don't deserve, thanks man and teach me how to rate because I kinda stopped on accident xD

rdjacobian - the one who started it all :] I wouldn't be here if I hadn't met you man so thanks for sticking with me and team testing as well as pretty much teaching me half of the OU meta. I think we have a game near you next season so if you go I will definitely say what's up :]
Dallaren - why are you so good at randbats...fun to talk to, solid battler or used to be before mobas took over your life :/ come back to pokes, we love you and pokemon is a good game.
fingerscrossed - my dude right here, probably would have left the OU room a while back if it weren't for you, tst, and mcb who shall rip. It's great to have someone else to talk about sports and who is an inked up nigga just like me who is athletic. Although you're white I still believe you can dunk on all those park scrubs! Thanks for being one of the first to believe in me those long 8 months ago man.
The OU room as a whole has taken a turn for the worse as far as content and overall knowledge but there are still plenty of you that are good and make me better every day. Thank you to you all!

Dice - p solid nigga, he sux at league and is hopeless af, but it's still fun to play. Thanks for helping me out with teams and testing as well as securing me a slot on central :]
Finchinator - you have made my stay on the PO forums very enjoyable and I look forward to being a solid OU QC member. Thanks for answering all my questions as well as I know they are boring and quite a bit.
PDC - you team test so much oml, always a joy to battle you and you make me better every time we battle, thanks for helping me with team rating and with battling. I am trying to learn dpp so I can actually give you some competition and good feedback on your teams so don't worry.
King - my nigga jasonpwn, thanks for offering to help with dpp and I would like to take you up on that offer. Really solid dude to chill with and talk to, plus a good battler so I can team test without having to worry about if my team runs well or not.
Dr Ciel - because I know you will bitch if I don't put this in here ?_?
Masterclass - you believe in me for unknown reasons and are a chill dude overall, you're real af and aren't afraid to post and be hated which makes you aight in my book. Stop with the offenses against my IDM teammates tho because they are all true niggas that don't front or mess around! Thanks for giving me some try outs and it was fun to beat a smogon tour finalist twice in a row :]
TaBuu - great guy overall, always nice to talk to and is a pretty good battler as well, thanks for giving me meaningful convos about pokes and best of luck to you with everything!

I probably missed some people so for that I am truly sorry, just tell me so I can add you in :{|}

Last edited:
Very Nice team you got here Nog... Loving the genius of Infernape...

But speaking of the Pyro-Maniacal Monkey; would you consider Lax > Impish Nature & Overheat > Flare Blitz just so you won't lost HP unnecessarily through recoil?

This can also be useful so you won't have to run into Rough Skin / Iron Barb users like Ferrothorn, who also tend to have Rocky Helmet to add insult to injury to the recoil.

Lastly, if you do take that suggestion then Iron Fist > Blaze seeing as 'Nape won't really be activating Blaze anytime soon and you probably don't want to be spamming Overheat anyway due to its recoil.

What do you think?

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love

But speaking of the Pyro-Maniacal Monkey; would you consider Lax > Impish Nature & Overheat > Flare Blitz just so you won't lost HP unnecessarily through recoil?

This can also be useful so you won't have to run into Rough Skin / Iron Barb users like Ferrothorn, who also tend to have Rocky Helmet to add insult to injury to the recoil.

Lastly, if you do take that suggestion then Iron Fist > Blaze seeing as 'Nape won't really be activating Blaze anytime soon and you probably don't want to be spamming Overheat anyway due to its recoil.

What do you think?
but iron fist then has literally 0 worth on this mon unless it boosts CC, which I don't think it does. I think Blaze would be better just in case he may need to use overheat at low health to do as much dommage as possible :@

but iron fist then has literally 0 worth on this mon unless it boosts CC, which I don't think it does. I think Blaze would be better just in case he may need to use overheat at low health to do as much dommage as possible :@
Your right... despite the fact that I'm pretty sure that Infernape is Punching/Kicking the sh!t out of the mon on the receiving end of a CC... I quickly looked up and realized CC doesn't get the boost... please disregard the last part of that suggestion -.-'

What do you think?
I run Flare Blitz over Overheat because it scales better with HP investment and I have Slack Off to mitigate most, if not all, of the recoil damage. Iron Fist doesn't make any sense simply because Close Combat doesn't get the boost and neither would Flare Blitz / Overheat. Blaze is really just a filler because neither of his abilities are very useful with this set. Thanks for the rate :]
This team is shrekt by Power Herb Moltres fix this weakness pls. Nice team tho.
ik man, people just don't know the power of Power Herb Moltres yet. once it catches on I can fix the team accordingly tho.

Hey mate! Haven't seen you in the OU room for a while.

Anyway, you can run 4 more speed on Infernape to outrun Jolly Breloom and avoid tying and eating a Spore.

12 Def on 240HP Aegi also avoids an OHKO from Lando-t.

Cool team. Trust you to come up with some crazy wackadoo shiz and run Impish Infernape.

gr8astard

Here comes the waterworks!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 9th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Terrible team, good infernape

It's almost like you have to choose between being weak to stall or lando as without recover on celebi any kind of lando will be a problem while without knock off lando you can't stall-break for shit (not that either are 100% answers to these, but they help). The best way to fix this is to trash the team and keep the infernape :heart: good luck :heart:

Hey Nog cool team, I only recall stories of the legend of nape.

That LO celebi is powerful, ive witnessed it before, + 2 EP 1hkos aegi as well.

I would definitely add the speed to outspeed jolly breloom since you get free burns on it/kill it.

Watch out for zard-x tho, it could probably setup all over infernape.

Not a fan of the choice you have to make b/w rocks since it opens up weaknesses to the team.

GL ^^

P.S: I'll get more serious about battling after my vacation :(

Last edited:
The team looks fun even if i'm a bit salty that it beat my trick room team. n.n There isn't anything that immediately 6-0's you that comes to mind, so that's good haha.

I think partially the ou chat quality might have declined a bit in quality, but tbh you've also improved as a player. :)

And yeah you better hmu if you ever stop by around here! <3

I agree with replacing Flare Blitz with overheat. Overheat 0HKOs MegaMawile while Flare Blitz 2HKOs. MegaMawile at +2 will wreck your entire team though.

I agree with replacing Flare Blitz with overheat. Overheat 0HKOs MegaMawile while Flare Blitz 2HKOs. MegaMawile at +2 will wreck your entire team though.
All of my team can out speed Mega Mawile to start with, 3 resist Sucker Punch and one can burn it. Definitely doesn't wreck my entire team. Overheat does more to Mega Mawile and Skarmory yes, but if I need it to 2HKO a certain Pokemon it can't unless it does like 80% the first time. Flare Blitz can reliably 2HKO all of the mons I need it to and I have Slack Off for recoil.
Good team tho. The Infernape is Blametruth's level :]
Not at all, my shit actually works.

Jaiho

bandy legged troll
"@The Jaiho - ahh yung based jai, chill to talk to, solid dude all the way around except he is kinda terrible at battling, but we overlook that because he loves Taylor Swift :]"

lol, you've got to be fucking kidding me :]. BTW, I'm play pretty well if no one else is watching, otherwise I choke :/.

Anyways, sweet team, I will steal it just like every other team ever posted in our group. I won't even attempt to rate it, because I'm p sure that based IDM Nog can build a team well. Quite honestly, the innovation is real in this team, and i can't wait to try it out.

Last but not least, Taylor Swift is a goddess

That is all.

Definitely an interesting team. I would like to see a really solid Azumaril check. As for your az. i'm not exactly sure what 60 hp does for you. I typically just got 252 252 4. jolly just because fuck venusaur tuff.
Uh Celebi doesn't need to be timid imo. Still outspeeds all its notable things that its' there to beat.
Otherwise cool innovation. keep building fren

Not bad of a team to be honest, I don't see any way to really improve this team if you want to use shit Defensive Infernape. I really dont see why you need so many fucking random EV Spreads, 252/252/4 would do a lot better than a lot of these mons. A few things:
On this team, Landorus with Rock Polish seems interesting, with Subject 18's set. I also don't really like the Aegislash set, I would probably run sub > Sneak or run the mighty CB AEGI. Really though, this team is probably the best you can make with the theme of defensive ape, pretty well done!

since you're so worried about beating stall with knock off and keeping celebi alive with recover, why not try stealth rock over flare blitz on the ape? then you get to keep both recover and knock off, and most things you'd hit with flare blitz you'd probably hit first with will-o-wisp anyway and then you're just forcing switches like mad with the surprise burns aka plenty of opportunities to drop some rocks as they go to their keldeo or whatever. just a thought to try out.

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
U can beat stall just by tossin taunt onto nape over blitz essentially making it a tran proof mew with shit stats (but a meta game innovation nonetheless).
Taunt usually stops sr from fat teams think tran hippo clef chans skarm ferro tar lant etc. as with the grounds u just gotta real nigga it up and taunt then willow. Other than that u get ur lunch money taken by pinsir but guess no one uses it anymore so fuck me right? Anyways I like the attempt at leading the resurgence of megatar but wait speaking of megatar did I mention that lefties is a haxing pile of malaria aids monkey doodoo? Yea basically solid nape ass team :]]]]]] have fun slaughtering 1800 level showdown players and their generic sand!
Shoutout IDM ps channel holla at
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/idm
- Lord

Last edited:
Iron Fist doesn't make any sense simply because Close Combat doesn't get the boost and neither would Flare Blitz / Overheat. Blaze is really just a filler because neither of his abilities are very useful with this set. Thanks for the rate :]
Yea, GlassGlaceon mentioned that already... but you right with the Slack Off mitigation... shows that your Ape is One of a Kind ^_^

Not bad of a team to be honest, I don't see any way to really improve this team if you want to use shit Defensive Infernape. I really dont see why you need so many fucking random EV Spreads, 252/252/4 would do a lot better than a lot of these mons. A few things:
On this team, Landorus with Rock Polish seems interesting, with Subject 18's set. I also don't really like the Aegislash set, I would probably run sub > Sneak or run the mighty CB AEGI. Really though, this team is probably the best you can make with the theme of defensive ape, pretty well done!

Do you even play OU ?_?
since you're so worried about beating stall with knock off and keeping celebi alive with recover, why not try stealth rock over flare blitz on the ape? then you get to keep both recover and knock off, and most things you'd hit with flare blitz you'd probably hit first with will-o-wisp anyway and then you're just forcing switches like mad with the surprise burns aka plenty of opportunities to drop some rocks as they go to their keldeo or whatever. just a thought to try out.
Really like this idea and do some thorough testing to see how it plays.
U can beat stall just by tossin taunt onto nape over blitz essentially making it a tran proof mew with shit stats (but a meta game innovation nonetheless).
Taunt usually stops sr from fat teams think tran hippo clef chans skarm ferro tar lant etc. as with the grounds u just gotta real nigga it up and taunt then willow. Other than that u get ur lunch money taken by pinsir but guess no one uses it anymore so fuck me right? Anyways I like the attempt at leading the resurgence of megatar but wait speaking of megatar did I mention that lefties is a haxing pile of malaria aids monkey doodoo? Yea basically solid nape ass team :]]]]]] have fun slaughtering 1800 level showdown players and their generic sand!
Shoutout IDM ps channel holla at
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/idm
- Lord
Ye I have ran Taunt and it worked great, will test it again to see how I like it.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Can't handle volturn, talonflame, or keldeo. Gotta fix that bro. I'd prob give ape taunt like ctc said for stall nd get rid of landorus for something that can handle flame/volturn better.

Taunt has been working great although it's really only useful against stall. Rocks didn't work as well as I'd hoped but will test some more. Also gonna test Thundurus over Landorus to revenge kill tflame and Keldeo.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
A few questions, observations, and suggestions:

You say you run Aegislash for Thund and Azu? Doesn't Celebi counter both of them? (I guess physical Thundurus' Knock Off hurts but I'm pretty sure you could recover it off since you don't carry Defog so no worries of +2, not to mention Tyra checks it.) I can see the extra insurance for Thund and Azu, but maybe you should run a more offensive Aegislash in contrast to the bulky one you are using now to break stall teams easier?

Taunt on Infernape seems cool, but you could slap on SR instead and run Recover / Knock Off Celebi and Landorus respectively because, let's face it, they both need it. With a more offensive Aegislash, you won't need Infernape to stallbreak. Infernape with SR bluffs a lead set too, and we all know bluffing comes in handy. (Also, I'm too lazy to check what speeds you hit, but I'd hit at least 270 for Toxicroak, +0 Tyranitar, +0 Gyarados, Jolly Breloom, etc., etc.)

I personally have never liked BDrum Azumaril because of how inconsistent it has been when I've used it, but each to their own. It's refreshing to see users trying new things. Thanks for sharing! :)

P.S.: Sand stall with Hippo looks like it'd ruin you, even if you put Taunt on Infernape. Heck Sand Rush Excadrill based teams also look annoying since Exca can come lategame and sweep, especially since +0 Aqua Jet is much too weak to stop it. The only way I can think to stop Exca (and possibly to cripple Hippo) would be to try Shuca Infernape, but I digress, it wouldn't be that consistent (but you beat Landorus-I, which is another threat, so you could try it?)

Or you could replace Azumaril, since Tyranitar is essentially the win condition and it seems really redundant with Celebi beating Keldeo and what not and not really beating offense or stall (cuz inconsistent) for something that glues the team more (like an Exca / Sand Stall counter) but I really don't want to change the team that much, and my lack of success with BDrum Azu is probably a personal thing, so... Best of luck.

Last edited:
+1 mega gyara OHKOs the team, does 78-92% to celebi with ice fang, and 60-71% to azu. so that's tough for this team to play around. i know it is probably going to be tough to get that +1 on a gyara, but still. anything fast not weak to water has fun with this team, since you don't really have much speed besides aqua jet/shadow sneak

other than that, not bad. cool brags at the beginning of the post tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)