Risky Wii points?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey peoples. I have my parents credit card information saved on my phone in the form of a secure text message! I've used it once to purchase wii points without them knowing, that was awhile ago, and they havent said anything. My question is, will nintendo ever notify my parents of me purchasing these points via phone or something? As long as that doesnt happen I feel im safe if I buy points every once in awhile. So does anyone know?

No they will probably not call them at all. Though, once their bill comes round they are going to be mighty confused!

But, honestly dude. Do you really need to steal your parents' credit card for Wii Points? You do realize you can buy Wii Points Cards in most electronic stores? And if that is not an option for whatever stupid reason you would like to think of, you could at least ask your parents if they can buy the Wii Points and you to pay them back.

You're stealing, and you're going to get in deep shit sometime soon.

No they will probably not call them at all. Though, once their bill comes round they are going to be mighty confused!

But, honestly dude. Do you really need to steal your parents' credit card for Wii Points? You do realize you can buy Wii Points Cards in most electronic stores? And if that is not an option for whatever stupid reason you would like to think of, you could at least ask your parents if they can buy the Wii Points and you to pay them back.

You're stealing, and you're going to get in deep shit sometime soon.
Yeah it sounds like that, but ive only done it twice, in a period of one year, and they were just 10 bucks worth of points. I'm not a fool to go and buy 50 bucks worth of shit in like 2 days, its just convienient for me to buy em via CC.

Articuno64

1 to 63 were taken
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yeah stealing is pretty retarded.

However, if you get caught, you can blame Nintendo for creating a pokemon move called Thief which gave you a huge nudge towards this life of crime.

They won't call your parents :D.

However, I'm almost sure when the Credit Card bill comes in about a week, they'll be able to see what that missing money went to.

I own a Wii, trust me, I just ask my parents for Wii Points (which I never get) at least every month. But, yeah, you're in some deep shit, especially if they see this topic opened on your computer, THEN, you'll be pissed.

Your best bet: Beg for forgiveness when the time comes.

At the point that you use Wii points bought with "stolen" money to buy things, you might as well pirate it from the start and eliminate some trouble. I mean really, what's the point of doing all that and having a higher chance of getting caught when you could just get some ROMs or whatever? I don't condone this behavior by any means, but it seems odd to use the method that you mentioned. Whatever.

It's not worth it in either case.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah it sounds like that, but ive only done it twice, in a period of one year, and they were just 10 bucks worth of points. I'm not a fool to go and buy 50 bucks worth of shit in like 2 days, its just convienient for me to buy em via CC.
Yeah, so basically it's just more convenient for you to steal than it is for you to buy your own shit.

I COULD go and buy my own car, but it's more convenient for me to go steal a car. What's wrong with that? It's basically the same thing.

Grow up. Seriously.

Yeah, so basically it's just more convenient for you to steal than it is for you to buy your own shit.

I COULD go and buy my own car, but it's more convenient for me to go steal a car. What's wrong with that? It's basically the same thing.

Grow up. Seriously.
These are wii points off a CC man, not a car.

Anyways, ive only bought 20 bucks worth of it, and I dont plan on doing it again until something cool comes out for WiiWare. Somone can lock this though cuz i bet theres gonna be a lot of flaming towards me, i just wanted to get an answer to my question and I got it, thanks. :toast:

These are wii points off a CC man, not a car.

Anyways, ive only bought 20 bucks worth of it, and I dont plan on doing it again until something cool comes out for WiiWare. Somone can lock this though cuz i bet theres gonna be a lot of flaming towards me, i just wanted to get an answer to my question and I got it, thanks. :toast:
Well, your asking an ethical question...what do you expect, that people here have no ethics?

Buying a dollar worth from your parents credit card is no different than $100 worth of merchandise. Both are wrong, and you will probably be in deep shit once your parents figure out the extra $$$ on their credit card statement...

I am betting 1000 dollars that you end up stealing something from a store as an adult. You know what? Stores dont give a shit whether what you steal from them is worth 1 dollar, or 1000 dollars... you will still end up in a lot of trouble. Old habits die hard, and I am guessing Wii points are not the only things you steal from other people.

I am betting 1000 dollars that you end up stealing something from a store as an adult. You know what? Stores dont give a shit whether what you steal from them is worth 1 dollar, or 1000 dollars... you will still end up in a lot of trouble. Old habits die hard, and I am guessing Wii points are not the only things you steal from other people.
You went overboard with that, lemme rundown my predicament once more:

I've stolen 20 bucks worth of wii points from one of my parents CC's, that isnt mine obviously.

Sure i stole it, ok thats cleared up, secondly, its 20 bucks, i dont wanna get into my family/life situations, buts 20 bucks is nothing..and 3rd, ive only done it twice with second thoughts, and nothings happened to me yet.

I'm not gonna grow up and steal some chips from a fuckin gas station, get real man. I wouldn't do this every chance i can, and make myself obvious.

Also, I don't wanna get into my living/family situations on here, if i did though it would be more clear as to why i don't just go out and by them myself, so i have a reason for that.

Well, since you did this a while ago and you didn't use so much money that would actually make your parents look over their bill, I would say you're safe. What you're doing is still wrong though, so send me the information and I will notify the bank.:naughty:

I just stole the wii point cards from the store because my parent's can't afford a credit card due to their "accident" :(

for god sake leave the damn kid alone he's not gonna go steal a car

but yeah man you really should stop doing it either way, they'll find out from the credit card statement and if they didn't notice in the past it may have just slipped by them, but hey, that doesn't mean you should go start taking advantage of it, they're gonna confront you about it eventually, hell they might even let you use the card to buy the points if you pay for it, although maybe not since you already used it without their permission

and yea you can buy them from gamestop and places like that without a credit card so no need to steal the information.

What the fuck guys, its just like $20.00 calm down, and its his parents money. >_> they probably won't call you, so don't sweat it.
:p

I agree with brawlex and bulblax, it's not good, but people are blowing it way out of proportion. My ex girlfriend used to steal money from her parents occasionally, but she isn't a kleptomaniac now, she's never stolen from a store and she never plans to. It's easy/convenient/sometimes justifiable to take a small amount of money from your parents sometimes, especially when you think you can get away with it. Comparing it to stealing a car IMO is a terrible comparison. Killing a bug isn't the same as killing a person, do you know why? Because a bug is not a person, the act is the same but the consequences are vastly different and one is obviously much worse than the other. Stealing 20 dollars is kind of stupid, but stealing a car is a whole different stories.

And yes, most stores do care what you steal, it's common for stores to not prosecute people caught stealing items of less than 20 dollars in value. It's illegal in some states to prosecute people caught stealing medication or bread. So again, the act doesn't determine the consequences.
My suggestion, you'll get away with it probably, but stop doing it. It's wrong, your parents do a lot for you, seriously, just ask them. If that doesn't work get a job and buy your own points. Someday you should probably come clean about it to them too, and pay them back.

What the fuck guys, its just like $20.00 calm down, and its his parents money. >_> they probably won't call you, so don't sweat it.
:p
That is what makes it the most wrong lol. He is stealing from his damn parents, the people that raised him and stuff. Why would anyone take from those that give you your start in life and help you become who you are today?

That is what makes it the most wrong lol. He is stealing from his damn parents, the people that raised him and stuff. Why would anyone take from those that give you your start in life and help you become who you are today?
Yeah mom, im sorry, i know you'll hate me forever and wish you hadn't made me who i am today, and take back all those I love you's because i stole 20 bucks from you. Lol.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The question that is being asked here and has been missed by just about everyone is basically whether crime pays. In this instance the answer is a very definitive no...the risk/reward is just too high. Keep in mind that you have to -live- with these people who can and, while I don't know your parents, probably will make your life quite a hell if you get discovered. And this is a case where you will get discovered, because only idiots don't read their credit card statements. I wouldn't be surprised if they already knew and, if they don't, it's a matter of as soon as the person reading the statement asks the other person "did you buy this?" "no..." that the discovery occurs. And the problems for you that come after that moment are most certainly not worth $20 or $30.

personally i think youre making stupid excuses for not purchasing them yourself, but you havent explained why you cant just ask them to buy the points for you either so im more interesetd in that

Yeah mom, im sorry, i know you'll hate me forever and wish you hadn't made me who i am today, and take back all those I love you's because i stole 20 bucks from you. Lol.
Well, Id say bye bye to that Wii that you got once they find out. Risking trust for some retarded Wii points really shows some character...

Well, Id say bye bye to that Wii that you got once they find out. Risking trust for some retarded Wii points really shows some character...
This has nothing to do with my character. This isn't affecting my character at all. That post was just showing how ridiculous you made the situation sound.

Anyhoo, as for bank statements, im not worried about that, i have a way around that, the only thing that would trouble me is if nintendo called or did anything other than give you a virtual receipt of the transaction. It's looking like they don't so I got my situation under control, and yeah it's still wrong, I GET IT lol.

I wanna reiterate too that I've only done this twice, over the course of one year, and If i were to keep doing this, id do it only once a year from now on NEVER anything over $10, and when im really tight on money. (which is why i've done it before).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)