RMsTall

Hi guys,

I made this team a few days ago after playing the same terrible stall for many weeks. Here is the team:

"This Team has Tropius" Team:

Tropius @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Harvest
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Air Slash
- Roar
- Protect

Tropius isn't great but walls out the abundant grass types in the tier. I used to use Amoonguss but wanted a change (with leech seed), plus I didn't want too many poison types on my team due to random blowouts from earthquake / psychic. Tropius is also a surprisingly resilient wall against Druggidon, as long as they aren't running fire punch. Otherwise, leech seed helps against dragon tail / SR shuffling. Don't be afraid to sacrifice Tropius late in the game to let Nidoqueen in safely.

Moveset Thoughts: I am also considering Roost and Substitute, though I have found Tropius's seed gets in the way of both of these being awesome. Also, use Protect aggressively to scout. A lot of poke have random ice punches / ice beams. DO NOT use Protext just to get a "free" turn of Leech, as most good opponents will use this to switch out from your Leech. I am not sure about Roar at the moment, but I feel all teams need at least 1 Roar, and Tropius is good at spike shuffling, plus there is this weird mind game to play where you alternate leech seeds and roars to mess up the opponent's switching game.

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 202 Def / 252 HP / 56 Spd
Impish Nature
- Poison Jab
- Haze
- Pain Split
- Spikes

YES. THE ONE AND ONLY QWILFISH. Remember that your goal with this team isn't simply to get 3 layers of spikes out (i.e., don't let Qwilfish take hits just to get another layer of spikes out). Qwilfish is also your hazer, physical attacker, and physical wall. I have found that optimally, you want to get 1 SR + 1 Spikes / 2 Spikes out as early as possible. Having 3 layers of spikes out usually means a) you've sacrificed Qwilfishfor next to nothing, b) that the opponent is really bad c) you are in an all out stall wall, in which case get as many spikes up as possible.

Ideally you want to get up that 2 layers I mentioned, and then use aggressive switching to force the opponent to take damage until Nidoqueen / Slowking / Uxie can power through. As such, remember tempo and don't sacrifice it just to get more spikes up.

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Stealth Rock

Do NOT simply run her out there. Ideally, she comes in when most of the opponent's team is weakened at least below 80%. If you sense a spikes war is going to occur through Team Preview, remember to use Nidoqueen to maintain tempo advantage (i.e., your opponent switches in his qwilfish / ferroseed to start spiking up, you respond by bringing in Nidoqueen to blast them or get a SR up as they switch out). Whatever you do however, do NOT think of Nidoqueen as simply a SR that trades 1-for-1! If you play this team correctly, Nidoqueen WILL come out mid-late game and sweep for you.

There are essentially 3 great ways to use Nidoqueen in this team: a) Sweep behind Walls. This can happen mid-late game after cutting down your opponent's team a little so they are left with one type of attacker. Get an appropriate wall up and watch Nidoqueen run train b) Sweep a weak team. I have had a lot of games go 6 pokes against 6 pokes until around turn 30 and then suddenly end with Nidoqueen coming in. Because you have wish + heal bell, do NOT let Nidoqueen get worn down, and do NOT let her come in unnecessarily. Make sure that when she comes in, their team is week enough and Nidoqueen is strong enough that her entry kills 2-3 pokes or win. c) SR + Trade for their strongest. I find that if I can get a SR up and then trade for their slowking or nidoqueen or Moltres I can usually win.

Slowking @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 144 Def / 248 HP / 116 SDef
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Nothing really to say here. Everyone knows this guy. Suggestions on different moves?

Audino @ Light Clay
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Wish

Do NOT think of Audino as a "Reflect + Light Screen" Suicide waller. Usually, I put up whatever wall is most appropriate for the moment, and then switch out / toxic. Unless you are planning a Nidoqueen sweep, it is better to keep Audino alive by not letting her get hit twice.

Uxie @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Heal Bell
- Trick

Only here because of enemy Nidoqueen. Would be Rotom-Mow instead. I might change U-turn with T.Bolt just for more attacking. Suggestions?

This team looks pretty solid, nice job. There are a couple things that I think could be changed.

Tropius really shouldn't have Roar when the set is based around Leech Seed stall, I think Substitute would be a much better idea. This would make Tropius a heck of a lot harder to take down and it aids greatly in the Leech Seed stall.

I think Audino needs Protect more than Toxic. Wish healing without Protect just doesn't work out well, even if you have screen support. Wish-Protect stall is also very effective, especially if something is Toxiced.

I don't really get the point of Scarf on Azelf, I guess you're just using it for Trick? 252 Spe Azelf already outspeeds Nidoqueen, so that aspect of it doesn't really help you beat Nidoqueen, just make you easier to revenge kill. I think Trick should be replace with Toxic and Scarf should go to Leftovers. Since I really think Audino needs Protect, Uxie can function as your Toxic spreader.

I think thats all really, I hope this is helpful to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)