Gen 2 [RMT] A Semi-Stall Team

gumnas

formerly .Maguss.

Raikou @ Leftovers
- Crunch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunder
Standard Raikou Sleep Talker. Thunder is here just for the power, because the idea here is to hit powerfull.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
- Curse
- Drill Peck
- Rest
- Whirlwind
The Physical Wall. Curse is just a filler, but it beats Drumlax.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
The Special Wall. I use a Sleep Talker here mainly for Stalling reasons, to Stop some Mixed Sweepers, like Tyranitar and Nidoking.

Exeggutor (M) @ Leftovers
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Sleep Powder
Easy switch-in against ground-types, and can also provides support for Vaporeon. The Hidden Power [Fire] here is for Skarmory. With this, is easier to Zapdos and Raikou come in, so I can explode on them.

Steelix (M) @ Leftovers
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Roar
Stops Thundermissy, and I also need a Switch-and-beat for Raikou, since other Raikous and Snorlax have trouble beating it if I don't explode my Exeggutor. But the main reason this guy is here is to providing more support vor Vaporeon, exploding things like Roar Suicune, Thunder Starmie and any Grass-type that can be a problem for Vaporeon.

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
- Acid Armor
- Growth
- Rest
- Surf
The focus of the team. If Exeggutor and Steelix did they job correctly, Vaporeon will sweep.

The idea of this team is to Stall things out, but when facing a hard-to-beat Stall Team, breaking the Walls with Explosion and then Sweep with Vaporeon. Vaporeon have a great hability of beating Stall teams, and with the correct support, it will be a monster.

@Raikou: I guess you're riding your chances on the accuracy.

@Vaporeon: Consider Ice Beam.

Other than that it looks pretty good. *Thumbsup*

-Terywj

One major problem I can see with this team is that it lacks a Rapid Spinner for being focused on stall; furthermore, you rely on Snorlax to "counter" Tyranitar too much and it isn't going to last very long even with Resttalk. BTW, this team has a huge CurseTar weakness as nothing can take a Cursed Rock Slide / Earthquake without losing a large amout of health. You could use Sand Attack over Curse on Skarmory to somewhat remedy this problem.

gumnas

formerly .Maguss.
One major problem I can see with this team is that it lacks a Rapid Spinner for being focused on stall; furthermore, you rely on Snorlax to "counter" Tyranitar too much and it isn't going to last very long even with Resttalk. BTW, this team has a huge CurseTar weakness as nothing can take a Cursed Rock Slide / Earthquake without losing a large amout of health. You could use Sand Attack over Curse on Skarmory to somewhat remedy this problem.
Since this is isn't an all-out stall team, it lacks some things that a stall need to have, such as a spinner, but I don't really need it here, since it can break stalls, I can set-up Vaporeon quickly, before Spikes do a great amout of damage.

I know I may have some Tyranitar problems, but it is the price for not using Suicune. Not only Tyranitar, but other Mixed Sweepers that only Suicune walls perfectly. But it isn't the case "I don't have any options against Tyranitar". Vaporeon is faster, and 2HKO it with Surf, and don't receive a lot of damage on the switch-in since Tyranitar don't have STAB on Earthquake, and Rock Slide has low power. Raikou's Thunder 3HKO it, so Tyranitar won't be a safe switch-in against it. Steelix and Snorlax can Earthquake it.

I need predict, of course, but the problem is that Skarmory and Exeggutor is a safe switch-in for Tyranitar (unless I put it to sleep, with Exeggutor). The Sand-Attack option for Skarmory is a good idea, specially for those Cursetars. I was also thinking using Giga Drain over Hidden Power [Fire] on Exeggutor, so it will not be a safe switch-in against it anymore, but I'm not sure. I don't like losing Hidden Power [Fire] here, and it can put Tyranitar to Sleep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)