RMT Baton passing team

Status
Not open for further replies.
BATON PASS V2

My team is going to be
Infernape, Uxie, Umbreon, Smeargle, Ninjask, Metagross.

Infernape; Anti lead.
Jolly Nature @ Life orb
252 Speed
252 attack
4 hp

Fake out
Taunt
Flare Blitz
Close Combat

Infernape will come in and use fake out straight up to break the other leads focus sash. If he is faster he will taunt to prevent there taunt or stealth rocks. If slower will try and KO them. The opposing pokemon if they have taunt will use it first chance they get to try and stop me using stealth rocks which i dont have. Giving me a chance to kill them before they can Put up there own. Infernapes only Purpose is to kill the other lead and Disrupt there stealth rocks if possible.

UXIE: Dual Screens
Jolly @ light clay
252 Def
252HP
4 Sp def

Reflect
Light screen
Thunder wave
secret power

Uxie will immediately Put up both Screens, obviously the first being whatever is most likely to come from the opposition, if its a mixed attack go with light screen to cover the weaker of my defences. Most likely a T-Tar or any other poke with A power dark move like Crunch will come out. In which case Uxie will either get a free turn to put up the other screen. UXies only Purpose is to Set up the Screens and Paralyze the opponent and DIe. Once screens are done he will T-WAVE, if they are ground type, Secret power is there to cover them. (some luck required) Chances are he should do his Job.

Umbreon: Trap Passer.
Calm @ Leftovers
252HP
252Def
4 Sp def

Mean look
Baton pass
Flash
Rest

Umbreon is entering on a paralzyed opponent most likely they have No Idea this is a baton pass team and think they are Winning. Unless the opponent at this time has a Phazing move or taunt they are in trouble. Even a Powerful Fighting Type like Lucario or Infernape cant Stop what is going to happen. He will immediately Mean look them. Once they are trapped he will Happily begin to Flash the opponent. His Monumental defences combined with heaps of HP and the screens that are up will mean he wont have to use rest until he has Flashed them a fair few times. Chances are he will have to rest before he can Finish off Destroying there accuracy. Now The opponent Is trapped, has no accuracy and is paralyzed. Now the baton pass can begin and the opponent finally realizes there Not winning at all.

Smeargle: Ingrain Plus defences
any kind of defencive nature ? item suggestion ? Focus sash / Bright powder?
252Hp
252Def
4 SP def

Substitute
Ingrain
Cosmic Power
baton pass

Smeargle is simple. He will come off of umbreons baton pass. He will come in on a HIt, likely that it will miss, but if it hits focus sash will save him ( assuming no Stealth rocks or Sandstorm). Luck is on my side though that they will miss. If he is left with a measly 1 HP, he will Ingrain and set up a Cosmic power, then pass ( best not to risk many). BUT its more likely than not he wont get Hit on the PASS. So he can immediately Substitute, ingrain and then Cosmic power away. If a Sub breaks it can be rebuilt and continue with the Cosmic powers. The opponent Has to just sit there and Watch with horror as i set up a perfect sweep., only occasionally able to land a hit.

Ninjask: Attack plus speed
any kind of defencive nature ? @ Lum berry
252 HP
252 sp def
4 def

Swords dance
Substitute
Baton pass
X-scissor

Ninjask will enter off a pass from smeargle with the protection of a Substitute and +6 to both defences. He will Swords dance and gather speed boosts while rebuilding subs when need be. Once all the stat ups needed are gathered the final Pass is Done.

Metagross: Recepitent
Attack or Defencive nature ? @ shell bell
252 HP
252 Sp def
4 att

Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Substitute
Last move suggestion ? maybe bullet punch

Metagross is the best recepitent i could think of. With Plus 6 to the defences along with those EV's. Nothing is gonna be able to kill him. Clear body means they cant do anything to stop me and he is immune to Poison. He is perfect. With + 6 attack and some speed along with possibley a priority move. Nothing is even going to survive the first hit to try and Stop him. He is safe from Phazing moves too. Also safe from everything from the protection of a Substitute. ( can Curse affect through substitute ? )

Well thats my New concept team. I've already Done the UXIE and Umbreon. I have a metagross but he is more ready for normal fights so i might just make another one. I havent had a chance to Get the Other pokemon sorted cause im not 100% on the natures. I see this baton pass team as the closest to flawless you can possibley get them. Umbreon stops them from switching to possible Phazers before i can get Smeargles ingrain as well as taunters to annoy me. Uxie is great for Giving umbreon the best chance at doing his job as he is the Heart and Soul of the team. Infernape i was possibley swapping for a Jolly Azelf that can Taunt better, attack and then Explode. He is probably more competent at the Job but im not certain, What are other peoples opinions ? The only other places it can Go wrong are if Uxie encounters a Brick breaker and a powerful Fighting type who can Make Umbreons task Difficult. The Ev's should still let him do his though. Apart from that, a metagross or maybe a pokemon with keen eye could stop the Flashes from working which will also be problematic. Shedshell users like foretress might be able to escape as well. ( can someone varify if shedshell stops mean look from working ?) Thats basically all the Ways i can see it failing. but alot of ways i can see it working. Please Dont Copy my team. This is my First Post so be Nice.

I Can't wait for peoples opinions. I would probably prefer an email from people on fennellnicholas@hotmail.com. Thanks

On Metagross have Iron Head or Meteor Mash as the last option. It gives good STAB. You want a speed boosting nature on Smeargle to get off boosts ASAP. So i recommend a Jolly Nature. Adamant nature on Metagross. and 252 Atk, 128 Speed, and 128 Hp give a good reasonable amount of bulk and power.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
taunt>this team, whirlwinders before smeargle gets a ingrain>this team,
haze>this team, in short, baton pass generally is quite a horrible strategy especially longer chains.
second, smeargle will never ever survive any kind of offensive move and they can switch out on the umbreon before it mean looks to something that can take it out.
but if you REALLY want to use this strategy atleast max speed on smeargle, considering it needs to get the sub off as soon as possible because even with one or two cosmic powers it still isnt very bulky at all as far as i know.

Let's name every pokemon that can use Taunt as a viable move in OU with their movesets:

Aerodactyl - Lead set.
Ambipom - Lead set.
Crobat - Lead set.
Gengar - Some gimmicky set but it can actually be effective (SubTaunt)
Gliscor - Any Defensive set.
Gyarados - Bulky Dragon Dance.
Heatran - TormenTran, HeaTrap, LOTran, Taunt set.
Skarmory - Any set can use Taunt as an option, really.
Spiritomb - Standard, Defensive, Starter.
Tyranitar - Lead set.
Weavile - Lead set, Counter.

And it seems almsot every one of these pokemon can easily break your chain and kill at least 2 pokemon on your team. I'm not lying. Also, Skarmory, Heatran, Gyarados, Tyranitar, Crobat, and Aerodactyl can all phaze as well, which means you have to worry about the Taunt to prevent BP and the possible phaze, which restarts all of what you've done. Not only so, Skarmory, Crobat, and Aerodactyl have an instant recovery in the form of Roost. Not to mention, Gyarados usually carries ResTalk when using Roar, and Heatran as well (sometimes). Bascially, Heavy Offense, Stall, and Semi-Stall eat your team up and regurgitate it just to have another go at it.

Ninjask should be your lead, primarily. Infernape should not exist here, as he is frail and can't pass. Umbreon should drop Flash and Rest for Protect and Wish, as this makes for an effective WishPasser and form of healing (unless Wish + Baton Pass is illegal, in which case, disregard that) or you could try Protect + Yawn to sleep the trapped loser. Smeargle should be Jolly and Maxed Speed because he can't a hit anyway, but 252 HP is fine to have; he should also NOT pass Substitutes, drop the slot for Spore or Spikes. To fill the void of Infernape, try Vaporeon who makes GIGANTIC subs for Metagross and the team and can also pass Defense boosts by Acid Armor and can use Wish and Aqua Ring and has a usable special attack and STAB Surf. On Uxie, definitely go for Stealth Rock in place of Thunder Wave.

BASIC RUNDOWN:

-Drop Infernape; Taunt Ninjask should lead.
-Vaporeon takes Infernape's slot using the set Substitute | Aqua Ring | Baton Pass | Surf / Acid Armor.
-Smeargle should drop Substitute for Spikes or Spore; Amnesia in place of Cosmic Power; Maxed Speed and any Speed boosting Nature (doesn't matter, he won't use atks).
-Umbreon should drop Rest and Flash for either Wish, Protect, Yawn, or even Taunt!
-Uxie should carry Stealth Rock in place of Thunder Wave; also consider Azelf in place of Uxie, who does everything Uxie does but has great offense.

Actually, you could also forget about Umbreon altogether; Smeargle can use Mean Look | Ingrain | Baton Pass | Spore to safely trap, sleep, Ingrain, and Pass to the next pokemon in line. This basically opens up a slot for a pure defense booster like Gorebyss who carries both Acid Armor and Amnesia as well as a plethora of other support moves in Aqua Ring, Safeguard, Agility, and Confuse Ray, which is very useful, but don't be compelled to drop Vaporeon for her, because Vaporeon passes huge Substitutes as I already said, and the two together can run complementary sets. Gorebyss might use something like Acid Armor | Amnesia | Baton Pass | Surf / Confuse Ray; while Vaporeon uses Aqua Ring | Substitute | Baton Pass | Surf / Ice Beam. In tandem, these will allow all of your pokemon to eat up any attacks and heal an additional 6.25% at the end of each turn thanks to Aqua Ring (or, heal 6.25% in Sandstorm!!). I believe this is also a very solid option.

Overall, good luck with the team! Hope this helped!

Dear pokemonn. Thanks for the suggestions on Metagross. I was thinking something on the defencive for Smeargle because he will be coming in on a paralzyed, trapped and Innaccurate pokemon so i figure speed is not needed, surviving a hit i thought would have been more important as he will move first anyway, unless of course the opponent swapped pokemon on Umbreon ( so smeargle wont get hit on the Pass now). In Which case he has an even better chance of lowering there accuracy before needing to swap too.

Dear "the interwebs". I dont belive you actually read the whole thing. I think you just saw baton pass team and Spammed some stuff about Whirlwind, roar and Taunt. NO JOKE. i mentioned it in there a fair few times mate. But I didnt think of the move HAze and i thank you for that contribution. There is no point in maxing smeargles speed because he will be entering on a paralzyed pokemon ( but you didnt actually read the whole thing now did you ? or you just didnt understand it). Even if he doesnt by chance they switched on Umbreon, that just makes it easier for him to trap and Lower there accuracy for the Trap swap.

Dear "Cross Hair-a". Thankyou for the set of pokemon and sets that will cause me Problems, it will come in handy. The lead sets im not concerned about because infernape is desighned to beat leads at the sacrifice of setting up stealth rocks and even if he cant kill them, Uxie should be able to finish them off. The only taunter i think i should rly be concerned about swapping in on Umbreon (the main place that will stop the start of the chain) would have to be Infernape. I think it is A terrible idea to have ninjask as a lead as Most leads carry Taunt, Instantly wrecking the chain right off the bat. As well as instantly giving away to the opponent that i have a baton pass team, so they will striahgt away swap to a Phazer, taunter, tricker or Hazer ( is that all of them ?). This is why i am starting the chain halfway through, so the opponent does not Know it is a baton pass team straight up. They wont realize until they are trapped by Umbreon and have no accuracy left to attack and stop it. Umbreon is going to be difficult to kill while under the protectiion of the two Screens. But i still acknowledge a taunt at that point as well as Trick-choice item would be Devastating. Your suggestions on the team building is a total rebuild, which isnt helpful.

TO ALL PEOPLE: If you only look at the first three pokemon Do you know it is a baton pass team and know to swap to a Phazer or taunter before umbreon gets a chance to trap them ?

Dear "Cross Hair-a". Thankyou for the set of pokemon and sets that will cause me Problems, it will come in handy. The lead sets im not concerned about because infernape is desighned to beat leads at the sacrifice of setting up stealth rocks and even if he cant kill them, Uxie should be able to finish them off. The only taunter i think i should rly be concerned about swapping in on Umbreon (the main place that will stop the start of the chain) would have to be Infernape. I think it is A terrible idea to have ninjask as a lead as Most leads carry Taunt, Instantly wrecking the chain right off the bat. As well as instantly giving away to the opponent that i have a baton pass team, so they will striahgt away swap to a Phazer, taunter, tricker or Hazer ( is that all of them ?).
I hate to sound rude, but, you're not listening or reading correctly; either one. Or perhaps it was my fault for not clarifying. Allow me to if I had not:

Most leads carry Taunt (not entirely true, but let's go with that). Ninjask is the absolute fastest non-scarf pokemon in OU. Ninjask can use Taunt. What's this? Oh, my! Ninjask can Taunt before they can Taunt! Incredible! Maybe we should try that:

Ninjask @ Focus Sash
Speed Boost
Jolly
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
~Taunt
~Swords Dance
~X-Scissor / Protect
~Baton Pass

Simple. Taunt right off the bat so they may not Taunt you back. Swords Dance and take the hit which will not OHKO due to Focus Sash (unless you're against Lead Tyranitar or Ice Fang Hippowdon, in which case you die due to Sandstorm). You can Protect for an extra Speed boost, or even kill the opposing lead with a +2 X-Scissor should you opt for X-Scissor(make damn sure it's an OHKO!). Baton Pass when done. You've basically done Infernape's job and Ninjask's job all in one!

This is why i am starting the chain halfway through, so the opponent does not Know it is a baton pass team straight up.
Thing is that you want them to bring out their phazers, taunters, hazers, and trickers early on to deal with them before you start the chain, so you then know which pokemon to trap and which pokemon is the rapist of your chain.

They wont realize until they are trapped by Umbreon and have no accuracy left to attack and stop it. Umbreon is going to be difficult to kill while under the protectiion of the two Screens.
Sure, but you've Mean Looked a Gliscor with Aerial Ace, which ignores accuracy and evasion modifiers (i.e. --% accuracy), so Flash is useless, and Gliscor carries Taunt. You have to keep in mind that pokemon switch in before Umbreon Mean Looks, meaning a random Gliscor with Aerial Ace and Taunt will get Mean Looked and get rid of Umbreon thanks to never missing, Umbreon not having an attack (resulting in STRUGGLE)...wait, nevermind, any pokemon with Taunt can switch into the Mean Look and Taunt Umbreon and force a switch or let Umbreon die to Struggle recoil.

But i still acknowledge a taunt at that point as well as Trick-choice item would be Devastating.
Good of yoto acknowledge it; now can you figure out a way to do something to fix it?

Your suggestions on the team building is a total rebuild, which isnt helpful.
That's fine, if you'd like 3 pokemon doing the job one pokemon could easily do, then I can't really help you out. I'm just suggesting pokemon who fill the roles much more effeectively than the ones you have (as well as 2-in-1 combos), I thought they would interest you seeing as the goal of posting your team here was to make it better.

Good luck with the team, though!

TO ALL PEOPLE: If you only look at the first three pokemon Do you know it is a baton pass team and know to swap to a Phazer or taunter before umbreon gets a chance to trap them ?
As soon as people see umbreon people will jsut go straight to thire Scizor and U-turn for massive damage then switch to something that can ko it or might even forget scizor compleatly and send in SD luc and set up in your face and ohko the rest of your team without even thinking

Edit:

Most leads carry Taunt (not entirely true, but let's go with that). Ninjask is the absolute fastest non-scarf pokemon in OU. Ninjask can use Taunt. What's this? Oh, my! Ninjask can Taunt before they can Taunt! Incredible! Maybe we should try that:

Ninjask @ Focus Sash
Speed Boost
Jolly
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
~Taunt
~Swords Dance
~X-Scissor / Protect
~Baton Pass
Ninjask dose NOT learn taunt http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/ninjask/moves

yeah i didnt think Ninjask learnt taunt either. Thanks for that DarkVirus. With 252 Def ev's on my Umbreon with Reflect up. What sorta damage can a Scizzor do on the U-turn. I Kinda think that even if a SD Luc came in and started Setting up, i could probably get in enough Flashes and the trap to make him practically useless and the Startegy Might still work to go ahead, Its Risky but it is also Not a 100% that the opponent is gonna be Lucky enough to have those exact two pokemon on those two exact sets.
Thanks again Dark Virus i didnt think about him.

Baton pass teams are flawed, im trying to make it as safe a team to use as possible. It isnt easy. WE all will have conflicting ideas. But were getting somewhere

im not using Ninjask as a lead as you suggested Crosshair, Mostly because im not going to take a gamble that my opponents lead doesnt have taunt. In my Experience. Most Do. The person i plan on fighting with my Team ( my real life Rival ), will be using a Taunter as his lead. NO doubt in my mind. he will more than likely be using a Aerodactyl or infernape lead. Oh and the fact that you dont even know what moves ninjask can and cant learn :P

A Non choice banded Scizor with 252 Att and an adamant nature will do approximately 25% damage with u-turn while i have reflect up. So Its all good (Y). i Dont have to worry about him so much. remember Umbreon has leftovers and rest. So if the opponent is Lucky enough to carry this type of Scizzor they get a Good hit on me and a switch, but i still get to trap the nxt pokemon and Start the tactic from there and it should still work (unless of course it has a taunt, Phaze or HAze).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)