RMT - First One

I decided to create my own team but since I don't have much experience I would like to know your opinions and would apreciate some help getting a decent team :)

For starters I decided to use Dragonite since Multiscale seems to be an impressive trait and can get pretty handy in some ocasions :)
T
he rest of the team was built around him.

The Team

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EV's: 252 Atk | 4 SDef | 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Roost

Dragonite is the principal Pokémon in this team. Bulky and with a great offense makes a perfect physical sweeper :)
Dragon Claw is for STAB (without getting trapped in the move), Fire Punch takes care of Ice-Types, Ferrothorn and Scizor, Dragon Dance for Power-up and Roost to take advantage of Multiscale trait.
Adamant Nature makes it a perfect Physical Sweeper and Lum Berry to prevent burns\paralyz.

Starmie (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EV's: 252 SAtk | 4 SDef | 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

To support Dragonite I needed something that could take care of Rock Types and that could spin away hazards. Starmie seemed to be a good addition to the team and Natural Cure is just sweet!
Surf for STAB, Thunderbolt+Ice Beam for a devastating combination and Rapid Spin has a obvious function.
Timid Nature gives Starmie a boost in Spd which is very welcome in order to spin more eficiently.

Breloom (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EV's: 4 HP | 252 Atk| 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Low Sweep
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore

This team was in need of another Physical Sweeper and Breloom is just fine.
Technician for Trait increasing Breloom's power then Low Sweep and Bullet Seed for STAB, Mach Punch for revenge killing and Spore to put the opponents asleep. Breelom can also punish Tyranitar.
Life Orb+Adamant Nature make a Physical Sweeper hit hard and that is what Breloom needs!

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EV's: 4 HP | 252 SAtk | 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Trick
- Psyshock

A Special Sweeper was needed and Latios is just what I needed. With Spd EV's Latios gets pretty fast and his moveset helps Dragonite and Breloom by cleaning Special Walls.
Draco Meteor for STAB (insane one :D), Surf do just fine covering up Steel\Rock\Fire Types and Psyshock is a STAB move that can hit pretty hard in Special Walls :)
Trick to add a little piece of magic to the battle :)
Timid Nature gives a Speed boost and SAtk EV's turns Latios in a very good Special Sweeper.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EV's: 252 HP | 252 SpD | 4 Def
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Roar

Heatran replaced Ferrothorn in my team. He covers Scizor and gives acess to Stealth Rock. He can Phaze with Roar and Stall with Protect+Leftovers :)
Lava Plume for STAB. He is a much needed Special Wall (another recomendation) and SDef EV's as well as Calm Nature allows Heatran to complete his mission with better results.

Jirachi (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EV's: 252 HP | 224 SpD | 32 Spe

Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect

Jirachi is a very good wall and he can easily make a spot for him in every team. With great Typing and Defensive stats Jirachi is a very good defensive Pokémon :)
Leftovers+Protect for stalling, Wish for healing (himself or teamates) and Body Slam+Iron Head+Serene Grace can paralyz with regularity.
Careful Nature and SDef EV's to Special Wall :)

Final Team:

Criticism is always welcome if it is construtive.
I apologize for any errors but English is not my language.
Merry Xmas everybody :D

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey man! You have a really solid team here, and I only see a couple things that you should fix. First off, you lack a Choice Scarfer. I feel like a Choice Scarfer is MUCH more important than a Choice Specs user, so I think you should give Latios a Choice Scarf instead of Choice Specs. Although dealing insane damage is nice, almost always going first is even better, and it helps your team from getting swept by Scarfed Moxie Mence and Keldeo once Jellicent's gone.

One other thing I see is that your awfully weak to Choice Banded Scizor. Scizor can pursuit trap Latios once he's locked into a move, as well as Jellicent. He can also Bullet Punch Dragonite really hard, and Superpower through Ferrothorn. To fix this, I think you should replace Ferrothorn with Specially Defensive Heatran. Heatran may not be AS defensive as Ferrothorn, however Jellicent and Heatran combined to create two devastating Weather counters, and both have great synergy with the rest of your team, while torching any Scizor that tries to plow through your team.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers/Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Roar/Earth Power

Good luck dude! And awesome team for your first try!

A few of your descriptions are in violation of the RMT rules, please expand them or I'll have to lock this thread.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey there, the other raters covered most of your issues, but I have a few suggestions as well.

• If you want to keep Roost on Dragonite, you should switch to a bulkier EV spread and replace Lum with Leftovers. Without Leftovers, it'd be pretty rare for you to actually take advantage of Multiscale if Dragonite is already damaged, especially in Sand or Hail. Try out 252 HP / 64 Def / 60 SpD / 132 Spe with a Jolly nature. It ouspeeds Tornadus-T after one Dragon Dance and has considerable bulk, meaning you can get a lot more Dragon Dances off.
    If you want to keep the offensive EV spread, I would give Dragonite a coverage move like Extremespeed over Roost. I would also change Dragon Claw to Outrage, since Lum Berry takes care of the Confusion induced by it.
  • If you want a more powerful option on Breloom, try out Focus Punch over Low Sweep. It really screws over most of Breloom's checks, dealing over 50% to Celebi, Starmie, Reuniclus, Salamence, the Latis and OHKOing Tornadus-T. Factoring in Stealth Rock damage, you can often KO them with a Mach Punch after. It requires a little prediction to use, but for the most part you can put something to Sleep, then immediately Focus Punch as the opponent switches to their check.
  • Just a small suggestion here, you might want to opt for Recover on Starmie over a coverage move since Starmie is pretty frail with no HP/Defense EVs. It can only get so many Rapid Spins off before it gets KOd.

Well I hope I helped a bit, best of luck and Merry Christmas! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)