RMT First Sunny Day Team

Hi guys, this is the first sunny day team i have made, so please correct or comment it. Any suggestion works... Thanks :)

1. Ninetales @ Fire Gem
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 Hp, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe
Nature: Mild
-Fire Blast
-Hypnosis
-Energy Ball
-Nasty Plot

Ninetales is basically the best summoner of sun, needless to say that it is obviously the first pokémon to make a sunny day team. Hypnosis works for inducing sleep for bulky pokemon and that way have some time to use Nasty Plot. Energy Ball for Water, ground and rock types. And finally a great smash with a Fire Gem, Sunny Day and STAB Nasty plotted Fire Blast that would take down anything. I even experimented the Fire Blast against some really bulky water types, and it took them down once.

2. Zoroark @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 4 Atk, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe
Nature: Naive
-Night Daze
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot
-Sucker Punch

Zoroark provides advantage against Psychic and Ghost. Night Daze and Sucker Punch provide the STAB moves to defeat those types. Flamethrower powered by sun works really well. And Grass Knot helps me with bulky water, ground and rock types. The Life Orb is used to power those moves in change of some Hp. Also Illusion works for confusing people sometimes.

3. Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
-Flare Blitz
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-U-Turn

As a Physical Sweeper it has done well its job, Flare Blitz powered by sun works well. Close Combat for Dark, rock and normal types. Stone Edge for Flying types and U-Turn for Psychic types. Choice Band powers this moveset.

4. Espeon @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Hp, 4 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
-Morning Sun
-Hidden Power (Fire)

It supports the team well with it´s Psychic type. Calm Mind and Psychic work well for attacking. Morning Sun restores all the Hp under sunny day. And Hidden Power powered with Sunny Day works for attacking well. Twisted Spoon powers Psychic.

5. Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
IVs: 0 Spe
EVs: 252 Hp, 252 Def, 4 Sp. Def
Nature: Relaxed
-Stealth Rock
-Gyro Ball
-Toxic
-Earthquake

Bronzong is a physical tank that provides the advantage of Steel-type that is kind of good for a Sunny day team. Stealth Rock damages the upcoming pokemon. Gyro Ball with the lowest speed of Bronzong works really well. Toxic stalls bulky pokemon for defeating them easier and quicker. And Earthquake its for defense against Electric-types and also Fire-Types that want to take advantage of the sun. Levitate makes it immune to Earth type moves.

6. Venusaur @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Hp, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe
Nature: Modest
-Sunny Day
-Energy Ball
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-Sleep Powder

Venusaur is one of the best Chlorophyll abusers making it almost always the first to move, kind of bulky and with great Sp. Atk. Sunny Day its in the case that Ninetales is defeated and there is a weather change, making Venusaur the perfect emergency sun inducer since it is a Grass type, so it can easily resist Water-Types and Ground-Rock types and then beat them. Energy Ball is a good move as STAB, it doesn't provide the power of Solarbeam but it works better if there is no sun, since solarbeam isn't really useful without sun. Hidden Power powered by sun works well for attacking other Grass Types and Bug types. Since Venusaur is almost the first one to move, Sleep Powder works very well as a first move.

Thanks, and correct, comment or suggest please!! :)

i would suggest that you replace bronzong for something like donphan beacuse donphan is a pretty good pokemon for sun teams and a steel type besides heatran isn't the best choice for the sun...

Donphan @
(leftovers)
Ability: Sturdy
EV's 252 Hp, 4 Atk, 252 Def
IVs: 0 Spe(if you use gyro ball)
Nature: Relaxed(for gyro ball)/Impish
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Toxic/Earthquake
-Ice shard/Earthquake/Gyro Ball

...Then if you use that you will be missing a special wall,then i would suggest change espeon to a special wall set because you already have a good abount of attackers...

Espeon @
(leftovers)
Ability: Magic Bounce
EV's 252 Sp. Def, 252 Hp, 4 Sp. Atk/4 Spd
Nature: Calm
-Calm Mind
-Morning Sun/Wish
-Heal Bell
-Psyshock/Psychic

Then i would suggest give venusaur life orb over miracle seed,and your team has allot of special attackers so if you replaced zoroark with a Darmanitan...

darmanitan @
(choice scarf)
Ability: Sheer Force
EV's: 4 Hp,252 Atk, 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
-Fire punch/Flare Blitz
-Rock Slide
-U-turn
-Superpower

then change ninetales nature to timid and that's all i have to suggest

Thats a good suggestion... I will change the Espeon

The problem of changing to donphan and darmanitan is that I would be in a serious problem if venusaur gets defeated because donphan and darmanitan are weak to water types... So zoroark has grass knot and isnt weak to that type.

you will have the sun up so if you win the weather war water type moves will be weakened by 50% so there isn't much to worry about and darmanitan is fast enough to out speed water types and KO them and donphan could probably live a water type move in the the sun pretty well or at least better then bronzong could live a fire type move in the sun.

Hey there nice team.

First and foremost I wouldn't recommend putting darmanitan in place of zoroark as that would give an unwanted nuisance from ground types in general. Though should you use it then it should be in infernapes place.

I don't really got anything else to say unfortunately, sun teams aren't my thing. I do second the suggestions for donphan and espeon made by dragonmist19.

But really is it neccesary to change infernape?... I dont really like darmanitan.. it was my first option but it did not work fine

Or tell me other options for a Physical Sweeper

you could try mamoswine(personially i would choose piloswine anyday over mamoswine but mamoswine is a good pokemon still) as a physical attacker,its a good revenge killer,and if you wanted to you would replace zorark with shiftry which with growth can help out your team and can have sucker punch and solarbeam then also growth then if you wanted to HP fire or something else,and i would suggest a sash on shiftry because it could deal out some damage to allot of pokemon with using growth on the first turn,taking a hit then using sucker punch or some other powerful move on the 2nd turn.

if you use shiftry over zoroark:

Shiftry @
(focus sash)
Ability: Chlorophyll
Ev's: 128 Atk, 128 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe
Nature: Hasty/Naive(depending on if you want to lower def or sp. def)
-Growth/Low Kick
-Sucker Punch
-Solarbeam
-Hidden Power (fire)

its your choice on low kick or growth,low kick for heatran and t-tar or growth for the stat boosts.

and mamoswine even though it doesn't use sun it can help with dragons and if you wanted to use something besides ape(but i would recommended going with darmanitan)

Mamoswine @
(life orb)
Ability: Snow Cloak(for the boost when facing foes in the hail)/Thick Fat(to resist fire and ice moves better then allready)
EV's: 4 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
-Earthquake
-Ice shard
-Icicle Crash
-Superpower/Stealth rock

Stealth rock is an option if you want another pokemon on your team capable of setting up rocks and then besides that superpower you could go with for the coverage.

and 1 more thing,if you wanted your rmt to look fancier,(animated sprites,a importable version or even a picture of the held item next to the pokemon)i could help you out there.

I think you should change infernape into lead ape.
The set should look like this:

@ Life Orb/Focus Sash
Trait: Blaze
Nature: Naive/ Hasty
Evs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Moves:
~ Fake Out
~ Stealth Rock
~ Fire Blast / Overheat
~ Close Combat / U-turn
192 Spe to outspeed base 100s, Stealth Rock is self explainatory, Fake Out to break opponent's sash. You can use U-turn for scouting/keeping momentum or use both stabs for wall breaking. Infernape is not common (for sweeping) nowadays because there are many counters for it and many sun sweepers outclass it.
Also, i see that without sun, your team is a bit weak to strong water-type attacks, especially when facing rain teams. I suggest, maybe a dragon like Latios or Dragonite will improve your synergy. You may replace Zoroark for them. If you are gonna use Dnite, replace espeon for a rapid spinner like Starmie or Donphan.
@ Life Orb/Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
Evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Moves:
~ Hydro Pump / Surf / Recover
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunderbolt
~ Rapid Spin
And the last thing, your team doesn't have a priority abuser or a revenge killer. I think Mamoswine will help you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)