ORAS OU >RMT< First time

Hello everybody, i want to have a few ideas what i could improve on my team.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Agility

My core here. Megagross smashes really anything that don`t resist it. I use Hammerarm and Agility to compensate the speed drop and to check Bisharp and Heatran, or else i would be really weak to them. Meteor Mash and Zen Headbut as main obligatory main STAB. Ev's are there to hit hard and fast as possible.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon

The best parnter for Megagross i could find. They are offensive and defensive really good partners. Hydreigon is immune to those pesky EQ and stuff and resists Dark and Fire excellent. Draco Meteor to kill really many Mon`s as main STAB, Dark Pulse against Slowbro, Victiny etc. Fireblast to hit Steeltypes like Ferrothorn. Flash Cannon is there to revenge kill Fairy's that dare to stay in. EV's to hit as hard as possible. (Again? :D)

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb

My first Mon to complete my F/W/G core. I was in need to have an Fight mon that could take a few physical hits and deal enormous damage with Drain Punch and Seed Bomb. There isn`t much that resist both attacks. Substitute + Belly Drum had won me many games till now! :) Speed EV's are there to
outspeed some Mons, Hp to take hits better and attack to deal as much damage as possible.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Toxic

My Stealth Rock Setter and Toxic spreader to cripple Walls. Earthquake to hit SR Heatran and main STAB. Slack off for recovery and my physical tank. It take hits of M-Lop like a star and can stall many threats out. EV's are there to outspeed other 45's base speed mons with little investment, HP and defense to be tanky as possible.

Entei @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

My second Member to complete my F/W/G core. Entei hits really hard with Sacred Fire and the 50% burn chance comes in handy. Extreme speed to have a priority attack to kill faster threads. Stone Edge against Birdspam and Bulldoze to lower the Speed and to not be completly walled by Heatran. Ev's are here to hit as hard and fast as possible...I repeat me <.<

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
EVs: 116 HP / 128 SpA / 248 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb

My last Member to complete the F/W/G core and my spinner. Scald as main Stab and to burn those normaly physical threads to him. Knock off to get a surprise by a predicted switch out. Sludge Bomb as stab and i lack a Poison attack. EV's I'm not really sure about it, here i need really some help.

Thanks in advance and i would be really glad to have some ideas for my team to improve. :)

hi :) i have a few suggestions:
1. give jolly nature to your metagross. it doesnt need agility to sweep most of the time . you will go better woth jolly since you dont have to rely on agility to sweep, metagross losses a lot from not beeing jolly.
2. you might concider changing hammer arm to grass knot since you are kinda with to slowbro while ha is used only against two mons: ferro and heattan. you lure for heatran woth entei while ferrothorn cant do anything to chestnaught.
3. give your chestnaught a salac berry. chestanught is not the fastest but at +1 it can outspeed most of the mons giving you much bigger sweeping potencial. 224 speed evs jolly natur will let you outspeed starmie (afteer salac) go with 28 hp evs to get the berry right after the bd and sub.
4. Max out hp on the tentacruel. you dont need to hit hard
5. Put Flame plate on entei. with this you can bluff the choice set which will make you opponents switch in heatrans thinking they are safe.

When i looked at your team i noticed some weaknesses. these pokemon can sweep your whole team or you just have no safe switches for:
- cb dragonite
- kyuremb
- landorus
- manaphy
- cm mega slowbro
also i didnt like the fact that you have no way of status absorbing.
for these reasons i suggest changing your hydreigon for unawere clefable
it takes on all these mons i listed while provoding heal bell support so much needed. also this change doesnt leave any new weak spots

That 4x fairy weakness on Hydragon, replace with Choice Scarfed-Latios
Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [fire]
- Trick

while latios offers you a scarf dragon type with a smaller weakness clefable will fix many issues with some pokemon that can literaly 6-0 you

Hydreigon is actually one of the best partners for Metagross for they both work around each other's weaknesses.

- Hydreigon resists all of Metagrosss' weaknesses such as Fire, Dark, Ghost, and Ground.
- Metagross resists most of Hydreigons' weaknesses such as Fairy and Dragon. It also takes neutral damage from fighting.

So personally, I don't think you should replace Hydreigon.
But I strongly suggest that you add Defensive Clefable because it can deal with Dragonite which is a sever threat to your team.

*Edit I also suggest replacing Entai with Air Baloon Heatran because your team looks really weak to Bird spam and also walls threats like Clefable, Dragonite, Lati@s, Scarf Landorus, and Ferrothorn.
Set:
Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid / Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stone Edge

Last edited:
the problem is that he cant really remove anything else since it will add up new weaknesses. hydreigon might have great typing synergy with metagross but when it comes to covering pokemon it doesnt provide you much, other mons on the team do the same job just better

Thx guys for your advise, Unaware Clefable really solved the problems i had. I play the CM set and it works pretty well against those booster :) I also used the tweaks of dramadrama, it really improves my team by far (especially the Entei change, i juked a lot with it xD). Maybe i could try out Grass Knot on Megagross.

Pent

dumb broad
Tbh, all these recommendations are bad...

Hydreigon has great Synergy with Mega Metagross, and he fits fin with this team. Keep him, it will help you more in the long run.

I wouldn't run Agility on Megagross, he's already fast enough, so I would replace this with Grass Knot to deal with Mega Slowbro. Hammer Arm is really good because a Sucker Punch from Bisharp can't kill you, then you just hit them hard with Hammer Arm. Grass Knot does a good 75% to Slowbro, or even his Mega.

Next is Chesnaught.

No.

I don't even know what you're trying to do with this set. It's pretty useless since Chesnaught is utterly destroyed by Talonflame. A better option would be Conkeldurr so you can still hit hard.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 108 HP / 152 Atk / 104 Def / 144 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

I would change Life Orb to Choice Band on Entei since he is more of a revenge killer.

Hope it helps.

Tbh, all these recommendations are bad...

Hydreigon has great Synergy with Mega Metagross, and he fits fin with this team. Keep him, it will help you more in the long run.

I wouldn't run Agility on Megagross, he's already fast enough, so I would replace this with Grass Knot to deal with Mega Slowbro. Hammer Arm is really good because a Sucker Punch from Bisharp can't kill you, then you just hit them hard with Hammer Arm. Grass Knot does a good 75% to Slowbro, or even his Mega.

Next is Chesnaught.

No.

I don't even know what you're trying to do with this set. It's pretty useless since Chesnaught is utterly destroyed by Talonflame. A better option would be Conkeldurr so you can still hit hard.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 108 HP / 152 Atk / 104 Def / 144 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

I would change Life Orb to Choice Band on Entei since he is more of a revenge killer.

Hope it helps.
hahaha like conk doesnt. the fact it cant set up vs talonflame doesnt make it usless
sure its more fun set but it can still work.
dude do you understand that typing synergy isnt everything? why would you keep hydreigon if it doesnt cover anything while you need a change to stop some other pokemon?

Maybe another spinner would be nice I dont know if I already missed the boat on your team does not like scarf lando t very much but maybe a defog like mandibuzz might be usefully helps with eq attacks and it takes stone edge really well but if you want to keep the spinner then switch some stats around for cruel to have some defs

also maybe put u turn on hydro and salac berry on chest

Last edited:
*My updated team now

Metagross @ Metagrossite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Grass Knot

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Wish

Chesnaught @ Salac Berry
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Entei @ Flame Plate
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

EVs: 244 HP / 248 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb

Maybe i could switch Chesnaught with Breloom? I got higher in rating like ever before (now around ~1380, this is pretty high to me)

Thx in advance

Pent

dumb broad
*My updated team now

Metagross @ Metagrossite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Grass Knot

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Wish

Chesnaught @ Salac Berry
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Entei @ Flame Plate
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

EVs: 244 HP / 248 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb

Maybe i could switch Chesnaught with Breloom? I got higher in rating like ever before (now around ~1380, this is pretty high to me)

Thx in advance
Yeah, go with breloom. He has access to Sporw and SD. Just run Sash and you'll be fine.

chestnaught has a much bigger sweeping potencial since breloom always gonna get revenge. also has no bulk. its a complete diffrent mon. its a lead. on a balance team like yours it you would benifit from a sweeper. the advantige of breloom tho is that it can do sth every game but chestnaught might not do as great if your opponent has sth like unawere clef

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)