RMT: Frank's OU team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually thought I linked him that already.

If I am elitist, then you are the kind of person I exist to be elitist to.

^Thank you Smogon, for another completely elitist member treating a new member like crap. I expected nothing less. =)
sheesh. I came to Smogon thinking I could find some like minded players,
Nice sig, too. Really proves my point.
The point that you're being stupid? Or the point that smogon is an asshole?

Both points have been covered multiple times.

The former, yeah, you are.

The latter,

calling 43,222 people an asshole doesn't make you an asshole.
That was sarcasm, btw.

0[/43,227 (The number of users on smogon, who would be beaten by you.
Fixed.

EDIT: I didn't link him that.

i like the team. alakazam is a pretty cool poke. its cool that a lot of these pokemon are the original 150. also it has strong attacks.

9/10

Uhmzz Frank M. i'm now an elitist but even i can tell you are acting like a jackass.
Maybe I am, but perhaps thats because I thought Smogon wasnt full of elitist players and maybe I had hoped to find some users, like Dreamish_, who see where I'm coming from and who kindly give me advice.

First of all you are not following the rules for the RMT.
For example you don't explain in-depth how your team works.
Perhaps I'm just not as competitive as some of you are, and thought what was posted was enough.

People here are trying/tried to help you but you are replying in a very weird behaviour.
Coulda fooled me.

About the signature of DarkAmber... it's funny you said that cause i didn't know Uber was standard nowadays. Apparently you do know that Frank M. i'm reeeeeeallllllyyyyy impressed by how you know your stuff and you shouldn't need any help at all with team building '-_-
Yes, cuz obviously I dont know the difference between Ubers and OU, though it seems you missed my point, which was this team faired well against other OU teams who threw in a few Ubers. =/

What? You didnt know that people on PBR sometimes throw a Garchomp or Palkia on their otherwise OU teams?

Oh god, why the heck did you post a thread if you didnt want changes? You're team is bad, period. We gave you suggestions, you didn't wnt them and then on a sarcastic little condescending whine-filled rant about how all smogon users are elitist idiots. Get real. I suggest you read This for future reference. Could a Mod lock this.

0/43,227 (The number of users on smogon, who would all beat you handily.)
Yay for more proof of Smogon's elitist nature.

Yeah, dont try being nice to someone who obviously isnt as competitive minded as you, talk down to him like everyone else, cuz thats the cool thing to do! Thats the way!

Ugh, maybe joining this site was a mistake. Clearly ya'll are super competitive and cant seem to act properly to someone WHO JUST JOINED and obviously isnt as "hardcore" as you. Perhaps I should have listened to the "smogon is elitist" rumors. Obviously there's some truth to it, what with all the "smogon sucks" type threads on boards. Even the word "Smogon" is listed in the UrbanDictionary for such elitist people.

Clearly Smogon isnt for me, and clearly the majority of the users are elitist (yes, I'm using this word alot, I know), close-minded, and just plain unpleasant to talk to. It'll probably make everyone feel better about themselves if I just go ahead and leave. I would assume this isnt the first time Smogon's community has effectively shunned a member.

So I would just like to say this;

I want to apologize to everyone in this thread for acting like an asshole. There are two sides to every coin, and even if you wont apologize for your behavior, I at least should for mine.

Dreamish_, I again thank you for being polite and helpful without stooping to the level your fellow members have.

(Not even a month of active posting and already I feel the need to leave. Thats just sad.)

A mod can lock this, or you can leave it open to further laugh it me. The latter seems more likely, but thats all up to you. And no, I am not trying to gain sympathy for saying I'm leaving, I just think its for the best.

I will still keep up to date with the main site's news and podcast, but as far as the community is concerned, ya'll can breathe easy, cuz "teh stoopid weezing n00b" aint gonna bother you anymore with his shitty RMTs.

Sigh, why did this have to become a war thread ~_~

He doesn't want stock standard suggestions. Simple.

We're talking to you as if you're missing one brain.
This is petty, even by e-thug standards. Regardless of the combat that has ensued due to Pokemon of all things, I want to state that it appears to me that it's not only him that appears to be missing a brain. For God's sake, out of the thirty or so posts in this RMT, how many Pokemon have been suggested. Not the quantity, just the actual Pokemon. Ready?

Gengar.

That's all. You've insulted his team and his intelligence, and you've so far said "USE BETTER POKES" and suggested Gengar. Not a whole new team, not a couple of replacements. Just Gengar.

If you want to talk about having a brain, try suggesting something that gives direct synergy or benefits. Alakazam is faster than Gengar and can potentially be more of a threat. In fact, I personally believe it's up to preference. Getting Alakazam in can be hard, but I've seen him tear teams to shreds. And here's something I really want to stress;

Just because a Pokemon is not in the OU tier list on Smogon does not mean it cannot be used. There are 493 Pokemon, not 49.

If you're going to insult someone who doesn't accept your advice unquestioningly and doesn't masturbate over Salamence then just be quiet and let people who are capable of discussing and not simply stating the OU tier list then insulting someone talk.

That being said, I want to direct this back to the actual team, and to Pokemon itself.

Frank, if you're not going to use Sceptile as a SubSeeder, another good check for Blissey would be giving your Rhyperior a fighting move. Hammer Arm/Brick break/Superpower (I think it learns these) are the most viable, just mind the Stat Drops associated with the former and latter of those.

And finally, if you want help with anything Frank, feel free to PM me. Cheers.

Dreamish.

Rhyperior kills Blissey with or without a fighting move. More later.

Later...

Modest Empoleon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Nature: Calm
-Stealth Rock
-Hydro Pump
-Aqua Jet
-Grass Knot

Empoleon can get up a SR early on with its resistances, whilst a combination of Hydro Pump and Aqua Jet defeats common leads such as azelf, aerodactyl, gliscor, and heatran. Grass Knot can stay to beat swampert leads.

Without trick room, I’d suggest Rock Polish on your rhyperior.

Jolly Rhyperior @ Expert Belt
Ability: Solid Rock
252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Rock Polish
-Megahorn/ Aqua Tail

Fire Punch lacks power in OU and rhyperior is not a good pokemon to counter scizor anyway. You should have a different poke to deal with scizor before you send out rhyperior. Megahorn is a great move to prevent Celebi walling you, but if you still don’t want to use it try aqua tail to hurt ground types like hippowdon and gliscor. Make sure to use Life Orb when the Item clause isn’t around for extra damage. Stone Edge is also recommended in general despite the accuracy, since rock slide’s is offputting anyway and it lacks pure power.

Alakazam is outclassed by Gengar, who has better coverage and resistances. Plus, I’m guessing a choice locked pursuiter (common gengar counter) isn’t going to do much to rhyperior with its defence, so he can come in and set up. If you’re going for revenge killer, try out scarfgar.

Timid Gengar
Ability: Levitate
252 Special Attack, 252 Speed

- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice

This outspeeds pretty much everything and KOs all sorts of common threats such as tyranitar, and +1 salamence/ gyara who’d otherwise have a lot of fun with your team.

Weezing isn’t doing anything useful. I’d suggest a Tyranitar, who can set up sandstorm which will greatly benefit rhyperior's special defense. Not sure what set exactly and I have to go now. Sorry for so many suggestions, just looks like you could do with some help. Hopefully this is a start, as you play competitively you’ll learn more.
Empoleon.

Rhyperior.

Wait, Rhyperior?

RP Rhyperior is not standard in OU. He did not accept it. He did not even give it a mention.

Also, I would recommend (blatantly ignoring your request to just say "good job/this sucks") training your new Gyarados as a bulky gyarados. Taunt/DD/Waterfall/Stone Edge (yes, it's neccessary, good coverage resisted only by empoleon) gives you a physical wall that can also boost up and kill stuff.

In addition, you now need a steel type, since Empoleon is now a suicide lead. Steel types are the only things that resist dragon attacks, which are common in the OU metagame, and destroy this team. Instead of Weezing (whose job as a physical wall is taken by Gyarados), run a Agiliy Metagross. It provides an additional rock resistance, and sets up on Choiced TTar that your Gengar lures in. It provides a Mence check, too, setting up on DD/Draco Meteor and killing it with Ice Punch. Agility/Meteor Mash/Earthquake/Ice Punch. Earthquake has good coverage with Meteor Mash, hitting every type for neutral damage, while Ice Punch kills Flygon, who resists the first two attacks, as well as Salamence.
Metagross.

Gyarados.

Also, he rejected your Sceptile. However,

Thank you for the suggestion, but I think Sceptile is currently just fine. I'm honestly not too interested in Substitute sets.
Gengar
Gyarados
Empoleon
Rhyperior
Metagross
Sceptile

...With a lead Metagross, that team wouldn't be that bad...

0/43,227 (The number of users on smogon, who would all beat you handily.)
The funny thing is that this is a compliment, saying that nobody at smogon could beat him...

I don't think you get it. We aren't disagreeing with you because you aren't as competative or we are "elitist", or becuase you are new.. We are disagreeing with you because you are acting like an asshole, plain and simple.

To quote another user:

Don't be silly. You're not wrong because nobody is agreeing with you, you're wrong because your points are weak and poorly supported. The fact that people disagree with you is a symptom of being wrong, not the cause or the proof of it. Canary in the coal mine, so to speak.
Dreamish_, I like how you are so two-faced, first you try to act mightier than thou by saying how mean and condesending we are, then you just fight the fire with flames by saying anyone who dosen't condone using pokemon that are completely out classed with horrible movesets on a competetive pokemon "masturbate to salamence"

Frank, I don't undertsnad what you wanted to come out of this RMT. If you didn't want to use certain pokemon for personal reasons you should have stated so in your OP, instead of lashing out. Raters here are required to give suggestions to make the team as best as possible, not just give a number and walk away.

By the way Darkamber8828, the word is unadulterated.

Blightbringer

Banned deucer.
it's a shame that star flare was actually trying to help you but you decided to be a dick to him and just went off on a completely irrelevant rant about Smogon (which you obviously don't really understand)

Sigh, why did this have to become a war thread ~_~

This thread became a flamefest because the OP is acting arrogant, and just a massive prick. So, we act accordingly.

This is petty, even by e-thug standards. Regardless of the combat that has ensued due to Pokemon of all things, I want to state that it appears to me that it's not only him that appears to be missing a brain. For God's sake, out of the thirty or so posts in this RMT, how many Pokemon have been suggested. Not the quantity, just the actual Pokemon. Ready?

Gengar.

That's all. You've insulted his team and his intelligence, and you've so far said "USE BETTER POKES" and suggested Gengar. Not a whole new team, not a couple of replacements. Just Gengar.
Most of the posts in thread have been us arguing with him because he refuses to switch any of his Pokemon. How are we supposed to suggest anything when they refuse our suggestions?

If you want to talk about having a brain, try suggesting something that gives direct synergy or benefits. Alakazam is faster than Gengar and can potentially be more of a threat. In fact, I personally believe it's up to preference. Getting Alakazam in can be hard, but I've seen him tear teams to shreds. And here's something I really want to stress;
Yes, because Choice Specs Trick Room Alakazam is the biggest threat in the meta-game today. The only reason it can tear a team down is because no one expects it. Surprise value =/= Strength in a tier. If I use a Farfetch'd and OHKO a Pokemon in OU, does that mean that Farfetch'd should always be considering on every team I make?

Just because a Pokemon is not in the OU tier list on Smogon does not mean it cannot be used. There are 493 Pokemon, not 49.
Yes, and Caterpie is a serious threat in OU. Just because there are 493 Pokemon doesn't mean every single one of them is decent. Should I prepare my teams for a Combee sweep?

If you're going to insult someone who doesn't accept your advice unquestioningly and doesn't masturbate over Salamence then just be quiet and let people who are capable of discussing and not simply stating the OU tier list then insulting someone talk.
What's funny is that I never once told him to use a Salamence. In fact, I told him that his team has a severe Salamence weakness.

Rhyperior kills Blissey with or without a fighting move.
Fair enough, still helps smack Tyranitar and Weavile and whoever else is 4x weak to fighting down. When I used a Rhyperior I ran Swords Dance/SE/BB/EQ and it worked pretty well. Hits things like a freight train.

I think this quote from pokebeach (in a topic about how this site sucks, oddly enough) explains the method to my madness fairly well.

I pick Pokémon based on whom I simply like better. Movesets, stats, ability, and any other battle-related things have nothing to do with my choice. I picked Drifblim, for instance, because I couldn't resist training a Pokémon described as a hot air balloon full of souls and because it looks wacky; and I trained Lucario simply because he looks so cool. I trained a Crawdaunt because he's always been in the shadow of Kingler, already a Pokémon banished to UU. Moltres might be considered inferior to Heatran, but if I like Moltres better than Heatran (and I do, because I think Heatran is ugly), then I'll choose Moltres to put on a team.

In essence, my way of play is inspired by the "Japanese style," which is less focused on winning and more focused on exercises in creativity, using Pokémon as far down in UU (and often NU) as possible and getting as much mileage from them as possible while throwing an OU or two in from artistic preference.

This is pretty much how I feel. I like using pokes that arent in the "TOP 6 POKES THAT ALMOST GURANTEE VICTORY."

And despite what you all seem to think, this team works just fine for me, especially cuz I dont waste my life on Shoddy Battle or whatever. I play with that actual game, not that fancy simulator that can give you perfect pokes and whatnot without any effort.
There's plenty of creativity in competitive battling, such as trying out unique sets on viable Pokemon that take advantage of current metagame trends. The person from Pokebeach has an interesting philosophy, but I wouldn't want to see what would happen if we matched him up against, say Phil from the forums here.

The team itself could use improvement (many of the previous raters have given useful suggestions), but the most important thing is to keep an open mind to these rates.

After reading through all the posts, I looked up to see if I was in the RMT section. I had thought I was in Trou.

Most of the posts in thread have been us arguing with him because he refuses to switch any of his Pokemon. How are we supposed to suggest anything when they refuse our suggestions?
See my post, I suggested more things than this entire thread has and he took them all on board and respectfully replied. Don't even bother with this point.

Yes, because Choice Specs Trick Room Alakazam is the biggest threat in the meta-game today.
He removed it, that was a bit silly on his part I admit. And also, you can't just say one set, that was a poor choice, and thus disprove a point. A Scarf/Specs Alakazam can destroy almost any team with the right prediction.

Yes, and Caterpie is a serious threat in OU. Just because there are 493 Pokemon doesn't mean every single one of them is decent. Should I prepare my teams for a Combee sweep?
What the hell? Out of 493 you choose the weakest ones you can think of. This is pathetic, really. No, I'm not saying use Farfetch'd and all that rubbish. I'm saying use the ones that can be used. I use a Clefable in OU and with a little prediction and sense I have beaten some of the biggest threats in your precious OU metagame. The fact you have to suggest NFE pokemon shows how moronic you are. You seem to have a serious lack coherent thought even by Smogon standards.

And about Salamence, in pretty much every RMT at least one person suggests him. And you can replace the name for Machamp, Tyranitar, etc etc.

Try arguing my points without your fail attempts to mock them next time.

Blightbringer

Banned deucer.
What's with all the Smogon bashing? if you don't like it here, there are a ton of other Pokemon sites you could go to, you know

This is ridiculous and shouldn't have gotten to this. All I did was make some suggestions and you reacted in an extremely immature and hostile manner. Hell, the changes I suggested weren't even that different to your original team. Why are you whining about "the same 6 pokemon" or whatever? The most used pokemon are most used because they're the best, not because smogon points out that they're the best. And I didn't even consider getting rid of rhyperior, who is UU, but can be a very potent sweeper with a RP. Neither did I mention sceptile (who needs adjustment but can function well in OU). Weezing is simply dead weight, and Alakazam is outclassed. I suggested changes for your benefit to improve your team.

If you don't want to follow them then... don't? Trying to kick up a fuss about it is ridiculous. I'm sorry I even tried to helpful. This was my first rate too, so much for that... >_>

I would also like to point out that there's immaturity on both sides here, like the guy who sigged this thread. I'm sorry you don't like my suggestions OP but I was only trying to help.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Well, it's quite apparent that this thread isn't producing any meaningful discussion. I'm going to lock this in order to prevent any further nonsense.

Also, to the creator of this thread, read the following:

RMT rules said:
8. When posting a team, do realize that you are posting it mainly for the purpose of people looking at it and criticizing it. If you cannot take that, do not post your team. It is fine if you explain why you are using your set and not the one they suggested, and of course you are always free not to take advice, but going all-out against offered help is not the way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)