XY OU RMT-Gallade and Others!

Hi! I'm kind of new with smogon and competitive pokemon battling and I've come up with some sort of a team. I honestly don't know if it's good or bad, so that's why I'm here! I would like people to rate my team! :D
We'll start off with who this team is built around: Gallade.

Gallade@Leftovers
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
Ability: Steadfast
Ev Spread: 240 HP, 200 SpD, 68 Spe
Moveset:
Substitute
Bulk Up
Drain Punch/Brick Break
Night Slash

I'm gonna guess there are a few flaws in this, but before you rage, just listen and let me justify. Gallade is a pretty good pokemon, and it's pretty common. The main purpose of this gallade is to get set-up and sweep. I usually start off with substitute, which is pretty much a guaranteed bulk up, and then use drain punch/brick break. Drain punch is good for some recovered HP, while brick break can get alot of damage done. For any pokemon resistant to fighting, such as physic, then I use night slash. The leftovers are so Gallade can gain back HP from substitue, and the jolly nature is so Gallade can out speed most things since it also has 68 EVS in speed.

Latios@Soul Dew/Life Orb
Modest Nature(+SpA, -Atk)
Ability: Levitate
Ev Spread: 248 HP, 252 SpA, 8 Spe
Moveset:
Dragon Pulse
Physic
Recover
Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt

Ok, so it's obvious why Latios would have the soul dew. But in pokemon showdown, soul dew is banned, so I just use life orb for some extra power. Ok, so now lets discuss the moveset. Dragon pulse is obviously for coverage on other dragon types, and is also STAB. Physic is an extra STAB, and then shadow ball and thunderbolt is for anything else Latios needs to handle. I actually don't use this Latios for much, I'm not sure why XD

Azumarill@Choice Band
Adamant Nature(+Atk, -SpA)
Ability: Huge Power
Ev Spread: 252 Atk, 128 Def, 128 Sp. Def
Moveset:
Aqua Tail
Bulldoze
Ice Punch
Superpower

One thing I hate about Azumarill is its terrible speed, but there's not much I can do about it because I need its Evs where they are. I also think this moveset needs Play Rough, but I don't know where to put it. Anyways, now for the moveset. Aqua Tail is an excellent STAB move. Bulldoze has good accuracy and power and can take care of those pesky electric types, and its also good coverage. Ice Punch for grass types, and Superpower for that extra coverage. The extra evs in attack are for some extra power, and the defense and special defense are for reduced damage.

Mandibuzz@Leftovers
Calm Nature(+SpD, -Atk)
Ability: Overcoat
Ev Spread: 128 Def, 128 Spe, 252 SpA
Moveset:
Nasty Plot
Roost
Dark Pulse
Air Slash

Mandibuzz is sort of the second sweeper for my team. Mandibuzz is a pretty good pokemon in general, with not bad stats, and I'm surprised people don't use it more. With Nasty Plot, it's easy to set up and then recover the lost HP from that turn with Roost. Dark Pulse can pretty much KO everything in a few hits, and then Air Slash is for anything resistant to dark. Evs in defense are so it can wall physical attacks, speed is so it can attack first, and special attack is so that Dark Pulse and Air Slash can pack an extra punch.

Metagross@Leftovers
Adamant(+Atk, -SpA)
Ability: Clear Body
Ev Spread: 252 Atk, 128 Def, 128 SpD
Moveset:
Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Bullet Punch
Zen Headbutt

Let me start off by saying how amazing Metagross' stats are, especially attack, which make it SO easy to use. Physic and Steel are also a great type combo, making it resistant to many types. Earthquake is very powerful and covers the fire weakness. Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt are excellent STAB moves, and Bullet Punch is for priority.

Garchomp@Leftovers
Jolly Nature(+Spe, -SpA)
Ability: Sand Veil
Ev Spread: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 SpD
Moveset:
Stone Edge
Swords Dance
Sandstorm
Iron Head

You may look at this Garchomp and thing 'What the heck is this?' Well, I have a semi well thought out answer. The reason why Garchomp had Sand Veil and Sandstorm is so that it can get its evasiveness up and then set up and go for the kill. Once Sand veil and Sandstorm are in play, I just use Sword Dance once or twice and then use Stone Edge or Iron Head for fairy types. You want the jolly nature and evs in speed so that it can outspeed and get the Sandstorm set up and avoid the attack. The attack evs are to make Garchomp's already high attack even higher.

If anyone has a way to improve this team, please tell me. Remember, I am still a beginner, meaning I don't know very much. I appreciate any tips on how to improve this team!

Hi man, intresting team you have got there but needs some help to be better, i hope that my rate will help you!
Starting of with Gallade her's normal form is not good in OU right not, if you want to have a Fighting set up sweeper i would muchly recomend Sub CM Keldeo its a much better then normal Gallade, i will leave the team after the changes in a inportable, because it will help you.
Now Latios, Soul Dew is banned from PS! the best item for Lati@s is LO, the fast defog its a much set because its a hazard controler and hard hitter.
Hmmm, Azumarill that's a strange set, because Bulldoze is not much used and it dosent have utility and so Ice Punch, now the spread is strange becuase the normal spread is a 200HP/252Atk/54Speed i think to out speed other base 50 speed pokemons. Aqua tail should be replaced for Waterfall because Aqua tail might miss in crucial times and waterfall is one of he's stabs, then bulldoze for aqua jet, ice punch for Play Rough and knock off for Super Power or let it like that.
Now Mandibuzz, thats a strange set because nobody uses set up sweeper Mandibuzz and its not even good, you could use a defensive set if you want, a Defog/Roost/Foul/Play/Whirlwind its perfect and if you use this set you can change Latios set for a Scarf one, i will leave in the inportable.
Now metagross he's mega is perfect for this team will help Keldeo with bulky Fairys because its one of he's problem, you could use a Agility Metagross but Grass Knot is much better will 2HKO normal Slowbro if you invest right i think that 16Evs in SpA is enough.
Now Garchomp, looked like your team didnt had a rocks setter so i was thinking in adding Heatran instead of using Garchomp, because its a fairy check a phaser and a rocks setter, and its a pretty good pokemon imo, a Specialy Defensive set its perfect to him.
Hopefully i helped you with my rate, once again i will leave the inportable for you.

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
(changed for Gallade, because is much better.)
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf/Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock ( Earthquake is a heatran to Heatrans use this set if your using Scarf, i recomend.)
- Earthquake
- Defog/Trick

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall (this is best, Play Rough Waterfall double stab, aqua jet priority and Knock off for Slowbros.)
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 20 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog (this set is much better for the team will suport every pokemon.)
- Foul Play
- Whirlwind

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Grass Knot
(Grass Knot for couverage is for Slowbro will 2HKO him, Meteor Mash stab and ZH IP couverage)
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
( your team needed a fairy check and rocks setter Heatran is the best.)
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Roar

Hi man, intresting team you have got there but needs some help to be better, i hope that my rate will help you!
Starting of with Gallade her's normal form is not good in OU right not, if you want to have a Fighting set up sweeper i would muchly recomend Sub CM Keldeo its a much better then normal Gallade, i will leave the team after the changes in a inportable, because it will help you.
Now Latios, Soul Dew is banned from PS! the best item for Lati@s is LO, the fast defog its a much set because its a hazard controler and hard hitter.
Hmmm, Azumarill that's a strange set, because Bulldoze is not much used and it dosent have utility and so Ice Punch, now the spread is strange becuase the normal spread is a 200HP/252Atk/54Speed i think to out speed other base 50 speed pokemons. Aqua tail should be replaced for Waterfall because Aqua tail might miss in crucial times and waterfall is one of he's stabs, then bulldoze for aqua jet, ice punch for Play Rough and knock off for Super Power or let it like that.
Now Mandibuzz, thats a strange set because nobody uses set up sweeper Mandibuzz and its not even good, you could use a defensive set if you want, a Defog/Roost/Foul/Play/Whirlwind its perfect and if you use this set you can change Latios set for a Scarf one, i will leave in the inportable.
Now metagross he's mega is perfect for this team will help Keldeo with bulky Fairys because its one of he's problem, you could use a Agility Metagross but Grass Knot is much better will 2HKO normal Slowbro if you invest right i think that 16Evs in SpA is enough.
Now Garchomp, looked like your team didnt had a rocks setter so i was thinking in adding Heatran instead of using Garchomp, because its a fairy check a phaser and a rocks setter, and its a pretty good pokemon imo, a Specialy Defensive set its perfect to him.
Hopefully i helped you with my rate, once again i will leave the inportable for you.

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
(changed for Gallade, because is much better.)
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf/Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock ( Earthquake is a heatran to Heatrans use this set if your using Scarf, i recomend.)
- Earthquake
- Defog/Trick

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall (this is best, Play Rough Waterfall double stab, aqua jet priority and Knock off for Slowbros.)
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 20 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog (this set is much better for the team will suport every pokemon.)
- Foul Play
- Whirlwind

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Grass Knot
(Grass Knot for couverage is for Slowbro will 2HKO him, Meteor Mash stab and ZH IP couverage)
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
( your team needed a fairy check and rocks setter Heatran is the best.)
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Roar
Thanks so much! I will change my team :) I can't wait to try that out!

Thanks so much! I will change my team :) I can't wait to try that out!
Just by the way if you have problems with Azumarill, change Mandibuzz for ferrothorn and use life orb Latios.
Im very happy that i could help you. will be leaving the set here.

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect/ Thunder Wave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)