RMT - HG/SS Battle Tower Team

So I decided to make a Sandstorm team to abuse Sand Veil Garchomp. I can take any form of criticism, but I would appreciate if you guys could help me out. On to the team!

Tyrannitar @ Focus Sash
Sand Stream
Adamant (+Atk -SpA)
212 HP, 252 Atk, 40 Spd

~Stealth Rock
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~Crunch

Lead T-Tar basically. The goal is to get up SR and to give Garchomp that annoying sandstorm to abuse Sand Veil. EQ and Crunch are there for STAB, while Stone Edge pairs well with EQ. The EV spread is for maximum attack and overall bulk, and the speed EVs are for annoying leads that might shut this T-Tar down (A friend told me that the IVs of the Pokemon on later floors get higher and I fear a Machamp outspeeding me).

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Sand Veil
Jolly (+Spd -SpA)
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

~Swords Dance
~Dragon Claw
~Earthquake
~Fire Fang

The star player of the team, SD Garchomp is insane. Dragon/Ground is an awesome STAB combination, and the unique base 102 Speed makes sweeping that much easier. I was deciding whether to use Fire Fang or Stone Edge for the last slot, since Stone Edge has great coverage, while Fire Fang can help me mess up the steel types neutral to EQ. EVs are for a typical sweeper, while the Yache Berry can help negate that huge ice weakness everybody aims for.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Technician
Adamant (+Atk -SpA)
252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Spd

~Bullet Punch
~Bug Bite
~Superpower
~Aerial Ace

Scizor is usually sent in either after Garchomp dies, or before Garchomp to take out a specific threat. Bullet Punch will be the main move of the set; it has priority, STAB, and a Technician boost, making Scizor the revenge killer of the team, and Garchomp's backup. The other moves are for for coverage, or for taking out some Pokes before Garchomp begins his rampage.

This is my first time making an actual Battle Tower team btw. I've tried Battle Tower teams in the past, but only with random in-game sweepers. Lawl :P

The team is very good for the Battle Tower. Substitute Garchomp is a good idea but with fire fang is good.

You could try changing Scizor by Gliscor, so most of abusing Sand Veil. It also protects your Tyranitar well by the weak to fight.

Stealth rock is useless in battle tower because they only have 3 pokes and never switch. I recommend replacing it with dd or a special attack that your team currently lacks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)