@ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

The star of the show, Mega Ttar is a bit of an underrated threat from what I've seen so far on the ladder. After a Dragon Dance or two he does a ton of damage to whatever doesn't resist his attacks and hits other megas hard. It may seem like an odd choice for a mega, but at +1 Earthquake is guaranteed to OHKO Mega Metagross, and can 2HKO bulky mega Altaria with Ice Punch after Sandstorm damage.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Edited to the standard offensive Exca to fit in line with sand offense better. Since Sand Rush Exca outspeeds everything (~550 speed with max speed EVs and Adamant nature in sand with sand rush). Damage is the name of the game with Excadrill, and he's pretty good at it. He can put dents in just about every wall that tries to stop him from doing his thing, and Rapid Spin is so I can remove the hazards on my side of the field so my opponent is forced to attempt to lay them down again and can be punished for attempting to do so.

Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Nasty Plot

Initially this was a defensive celebi but there are some threats that I didn't have an answer to (mainly conkeldurr and mega venu) that nasty plot Celebi could handily take care of. Unboosted psychic 2HKO's conk after rocks and +2 psychic OHKOs after rocks. Recover is there to give Celebi far more longevity due to the use of a life orb, though I may change LO back to lefties if I don't absolutely need the LO.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Bug]

I went with scarf Keldeo to outspeed threats like the Latis, HP Bug hits them for super effective damage and can 2HKO opposing Celebis that try to switch into it, which gives it a lot more versatility and the ability to stay in against some of his more common counters (IE the Latis and Celebi). Outside of HP Bug it's a fairly standard Keldeo set, and still hits hard despite not having any boosting capabilities that it could have from a specs or subCM set.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled

Magic Guard cleric Clefable, I needed a rock setter as well, and clef is able to do this without losing a whole lot of usability. Moonblast is there so clef isn't shut down by a taunt and can do damage to things that don't like to be nailed by a fairy attack, while also stopping the momentum of physical attackers with her bulk. Her job on the team consists of removing statuses, laying down rocks, and maybe doing some damage to the opponent.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Earth Power

Heatran the stallbreaker, the EVs are more or less set now, but the general idea is here. Magma Storm to trap things like Chansey, which also gets shut down by Toxic and Taunt, and since it can't escape, it can't switch out and come back in later to wall/stall the rest of my team. He's also got enough power to outspeed and hit hazard setters like Ferro and Skarmory hard with magma storm. The lack of an air balloon is missed but lefties gives Heatran some needed recovery.

Last edited:
1. Read the Rules for RMT. each poke needs at least 3 lines of description. http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/ Here is where most ppl get the gifs for pokes here.

2. I would recommend the stall breaker magma storm set on your tran because your team seems very weak to stall. especially Chansey since you dont have life orb on excadrill which can 2 hit KO chansey when using life orb.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

3. Theirs really almost no point for assault vest because excadrill is pretty frail as it is and their isnt much you want excadrill too tank since its pretty much a glass cannon. If you wold like to argue against that can you please show me calcs of excadrill living/ revenge killing special attackers that threating it thats consistent with the OU Tier

4.I would recommend hp flying on keldeo or nasty plot celebi with psychic because you team seems kinda weak to defensive mega venusaur

5. I highly advise you use the standard excadrill drill offensive set becasue since this a sand offense team u need to prioritize maximum damage within the short amount of time because sand is limited.

I hope these help. any further questios about sand offense I would love to help since sand offense is my favorite playstyle but I have never used mega Tyranitar on any of my sand teams before. I believe its a waste of a mega on sand offense. Have a nice day.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

1. Read the Rules for RMT. each poke needs at least 3 lines of description. http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/ Here is where most ppl get the gifs for pokes here.

2. I would recommend the stall breaker magma storm set on your tran because your team seems very weak to stall. especially Chansey since you dont have life orb on excadrill which can 2 hit KO chansey when using life orb.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

3. Theirs really almost no point for assault vest because excadrill is pretty frail as it is and their isnt much you want excadrill too tank since its pretty much a glass cannon. If you wold like to argue against that can you please show me calcs of excadrill living/ revenge killing special attackers that threating it thats consistent with the OU Tier

4.I would recommend hp flying on keldeo or nasty plot celebi with psychic because you team seems kinda weak to defensive mega venusaur

5. I highly advise you use the standard excadrill drill offensive set becasue since this a sand offense team u need to prioritize maximum damage within the short amount of time because sand is limited.

I hope these help. any further questios about sand offense I would love to help since sand offense is my favorite playstyle but I have never used mega Tyranitar on any of my sand teams before. I believe its a waste of a mega on sand offense. Have a nice day.
1. Sorry, working on adding more stuff to each

2. I'm switching to the LO Exca, is stallbreaker tran still necessary/would it hurt me if I wasn't using it over the sp def set I'm using? I'm wondering if LO is worthwhile for Exca's longevity though.

3. See #2

4. I haven't seen a lot of mega venus on the ladder, but I can see where you're coming from. But I'm not sure how effective HP flying would be since calcs have it at a 3HKO at best. I might switch up celebi but I'm not sure.

5. Also see #2

Any comments for Clefable? if I switch up Celebi I might have to conver Clef's role to a cleric.

As for Ttar, I think he's better than people give him credit for and I've really been looking for an excuse to use him.

Last edited:
1. Sorry, working on adding more stuff to each

2. I'm switching to the LO Exca, is stallbreaker tran still necessary/would it hurt me if I wasn't using it over the sp def set I'm using? I'm wondering if LO is worthwhile for Exca's longevity though.

3. See #2

4. I haven't seen a lot of mega venus on the ladder, but I can see where you're coming from. But I'm not sure how effective HP flying would be since calcs have it at a 3HKO at best. I might switch up celebi but I'm not sure.

5. Also see #2

Any comments for Clefable? if I switch up Celebi I might have to conver Clef's role to a cleric.
well for the heatran you dont have to use that exact ev spread but the moveset is better for the team to deal with stall especially since ur have enough speed to out speed common steel types like ferro and skarmory and u dont want excadrill to be the only poke to handle chansey .also leftovers is an alternative to air baloon. For clefable I dont now because it does help deal with mega sableye but im neutral on that. Also I really still recommend the nasty plot set since it handles alsot of bulky water types that can wall quagsire.

well for the heatran you dont have to use that exact ev spread but the moveset is better for the team to deal with stall especially since ur have enough speed to out speed common steel types like ferro and skarmory and u dont want excadrill to be the only poke to handle chansey .also leftovers is an alternative to air baloon. For clefable I dont now because it does help deal with mega sableye but im neutral on that. Also I really still recommend the nasty plot set since it handles alsot of bulky water types that can wall quagsire.
For Tran I've got:
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

I'm going with nasty plot/giga drain/psychic/recover for celebi though, cause it'll definitely be able to punch a few holes in stuff that I couldn't get through before. And that'll make Clef into more of a cleric role (which is basically just Heal Bell over fire blast at this point)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)