SM OU (RMT) My own team

Guys, i was picking famous teams of OU but then i realised that most of them dont have pokemon that i like and i wasnt having fun, so i decided to make my own team, but i'm not an expert in that, so i need help to improve it. here is the team:

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam

I very much like greninja and i wanted to enjoy that he is no longer uber, i also wanted a water type pokemon in my team, bcs its my favorite type, and as it has choice specs i wanted him to have different type moves for different enemies, and it has water shuriken when i need to ko some pokemon or attack first.

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 156 SpD / 16 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Earthquake

I wanted a mega that would handle most of the enemies and one that would be a tank, so i picked venusaur, he dont have grass-damage type moves, but he is very resistant and it might not look like but he is also very strong, he has earthquake bcs people will not exepct this and its a good move to kill heatran.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

I needed someone else to tank too and to put the rocks, she is also a good help to kill tank pokemons with toxic and seismic toss, giving him the toxic at first and continue using seismic toss, and of course soft-boiled to heal her.

Kartana @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Psycho Cut
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Giga Impact

I was suffering a lot to hawlucha with sd and unburden, so i picked a kartana with focus sash to not be dead with 1 hit and psycho cut to kill him, he is also good to killing some pokemon that can be a trouble, can also sweep the other team, so i thinks he good helps me.

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pickpocket
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

i was in need of something fast to kill flying and ground type pokemons, so i picked weavile, is a help to kill hawlucha too if kartana couldnt kill him with one hit, so i just need to use ice shard, he also has knock off to pokemon like chansey that would be hard to kill with eviolite, and other pokemon with choice's.

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fly

then i needed something to use defog, or kartana's focus sash would be useless, so i picked landorous, he also helps me killing some volcaronas, and, using the flyinium Z that most people don't expect so i think is a good combination, i gave him atk and spe bcs he is most likely an offense pokemon, the defog is just there when i have an open to use it, like against a deffense pokemon.

what could i improve here?

Last edited:
There are a few issues with your Kartana set. I get that you have Psycho Cut to deal with Hawlucha, but it doesn't OHKO, and actually deals pretty mediocre damage if Hawlucha has a Defense boost from its Electric Seed. Meanwhile, Landorus just barely survives a Acrobatics after a Swords Dance and Intimidate, and cleanly OHKOs with its Z-move.

252 Atk Kartana Psycho Cut vs. 96 HP / 0 Def Hawlucha: 248-294 (77.2 - 91.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Kartana Psycho Cut vs. +1 96 HP / 0 Def Hawlucha: 168-198 (52.3 - 61.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252+ Atk Hawlucha Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 255-300 (79.9 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Landorus-Therian Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. +1 96 HP / 0 Def Hawlucha: 524-618 (163.2 - 192.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Also, Giga Impact has no reason to be used on a non-Normalium-Z Kartana. Replace them with Smart Strike (for Fairy-killing STAB) and Knock Off (for general utility and hitting Zapdos for neutral damage) or Defog (so that Landorus doesn't have to take rocks damage when coming in, which is very important when facing a Hawlucha).

Finally, consider replacing the Focus Sash with a Choice Scarf.

I'll work on this but please start adding importables to RMTs. This doesn't apply just to this one, but to all newcomers. It makes it way more likely for us raters to want to rate it if there's an importable.

Reactions: PH
There are a few issues with your Kartana set. I get that you have Psycho Cut to deal with Hawlucha, but it doesn't OHKO, and actually deals pretty mediocre damage if Hawlucha has a Defense boost from its Electric Seed. Meanwhile, Landorus just barely survives a Acrobatics after a Swords Dance and Intimidate, and cleanly OHKOs with its Z-move.

252 Atk Kartana Psycho Cut vs. 96 HP / 0 Def Hawlucha: 248-294 (77.2 - 91.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Kartana Psycho Cut vs. +1 96 HP / 0 Def Hawlucha: 168-198 (52.3 - 61.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252+ Atk Hawlucha Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 255-300 (79.9 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Landorus-Therian Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. +1 96 HP / 0 Def Hawlucha: 524-618 (163.2 - 192.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Also, Giga Impact has no reason to be used on a non-Normalium-Z Kartana. Replace them with Smart Strike (for Fairy-killing STAB) and Knock Off (for general utility and hitting Zapdos for neutral damage) or Defog (so that Landorus doesn't have to take rocks damage when coming in, which is very important when facing a Hawlucha).

Finally, consider replacing the Focus Sash with a Choice Scarf.
I did the changes that you said, thank you :)

I'll work on this but please start adding importables to RMTs. This doesn't apply just to this one, but to all newcomers. It makes it way more likely for us raters to want to rate it if there's an importable.
Im sorry, its my first time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)