Gen 2 RMT new team

OK, made a new team, would like to hear your thoughts as it's a work in progress :D

All Pokemon with Leftovers (cba to write it 6 times :P)

Umbreon - Mean Passer
- Baton Pass
- Mean Look
- Rest
- Charm/Substitute

Yeah, it's standard and probably boring. Idea being trap, pass to counter, repeat when necessary and rest off damage.
Not sure about whether to have Charm to out-stall Curselax and otherwise mess up physical attackers, or use Substitute for something to Baton Pass.

Machamp (Set 1) - Physical Attacker 1
- Submission
- Rest
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Machamp (Set 2)
- Cross Chop
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

For either set, EQ and the fighting attack are the main form of attack I'll be using. Fire Blast for Skarm if need be, although it won't like a CH Cross Chop much either. Unsure which set to go for, basically I don't like the inaccuracy of Cross Chop, so Submission is a possible replacement. Because of the recoil, that set has Rest. Rock Slide for fliers/flinching possibly.

Heracross - Physical Attacker 2
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Megahorn destroys Psychics, grasses etc. Earthquake for coverage. Resttalk for survivability.

Starmie - Special Attacker 1
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Hits practically everything apart from the special walls, and I have other pokes for those. BoltBeam + STAB Surf provides coverage and power. Recover is a given.

Exeggutor - Special Attacker 2
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Leech Seed
- Explosion

Decent sp.attacker. STAB attacks hit most thing reasonably hard, Explosion is almost guaranteed to take something with it. Leech Seed on a trapped enemy is just evil. But I like it!

Blissey - Heal Beller
- Softboiled
- Heal Bell
- Toxic/Light Screen
- Ice Beam

Pretty standard Heal Bell Blissey really. Needed as I am using a rester without Sleep Talk (possibly 2 depending on Machamp set), and just to get rid of any other statuses my Pokemon pick up. Not sure about the last move though.

Thoughts:
- Plan is to trap-pass what the opponent has out. so keeping Umbreon alive is pretty important. Thankfully, it has decnt defenses, and Heal Bell support for when it is sleeping.
- Only 4 attackers, so I need to keep them alive really. Hence they all have recovery moves. (depending on Machamp set, and Eggy's options aren't as direct)
- So far untested. (By me anyway :P)
- Not sure if I should keep Blissey. Opinions on this please, and if no, suggest a replacement :D

Rate away!!

OK, made a new team, would like to hear your thoughts as it's a work in progress :D

Umbreon - Mean Passer
- Baton Pass
- Mean Look
- Rest
- Charm/Substitute

Yeah, it's standard and probably boring. Idea being trap, pass to counter, repeat when necessary and rest off damage.
Not sure about whether to have Charm to out-stall Curselax and otherwise mess up physical attackers, or use Substitute for something to Baton Pass.

This set doesnt't really help your team out or Umbreon itself. You have a Machamp who is going to face pokemon like Starmie, Exeggutor and sometimes Gengar. What I reccomend, is that you give Umbreon the following moveset.
-Charm
-Toxic
-Rest
-Pursuit

With the help of Toxic+Pursuit, this set helps get rid of some of Machamps main counters. Allowing Champ a better chance at sweeping. Also Toxic helps out the whole team. Charm is still there to take on stat-boosters, however the reason I took of Mean+baton Pass is that the majority of GSC teams carries a Roarer/Whirlwinder so its very unlikely your going to be trapping anyone.

- Submission
- Rest
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Machamp (Set 2)
- Cross Chop
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

For either set, EQ and the fighting attack are the main form of attack I'll be using. Fire Blast for Skarm if need be, although it won't like a CH Cross Chop much either. Unsure which set to go for, basically I don't like the inaccuracy of Cross Chop, so Submission is a possible replacement. Because of the recoil, that set has Rest. Rock Slide for fliers/flinching possibly.

Firstly, with Machamp being so slow he aint going to be Flinching any Fliers with Rock Slide. What I've noticed, is that you seem adament to give Champ as much type coverage as possible. Which is Good... however without Curse to boost his attack he won't be doing alot of damage. Suicune alone counters Machamp and PP stalls Cross chop. Even if you use submission Suicune just gonna laugh in Machamps face.

Recommend sets
-Cross chop <--------- is a must on any Champ set
-Sleep Talk/Hidden power Bug
-Curse
-Rest/Rock Slide

NO FIRE BLAST, gasp. Curse+Cross chop does enough to Skarmory and at the same time protects you from Drill pecks. Hidden Power Bug is genrally better type coverage for Champ, it also helps take on Slowbro a Psychic pokemon which Umbreon doesn't kill if it's able to Rest off Toxic's poison.

- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Megahorn destroys Psychics, grasses etc. Earthquake for coverage. Resttalk for survivability.

I'm personally not a fan of Heracross, as its walled by Skarmory. Another reason I don't like it is because it then gives you two pokemon weak to Flying. And your team is already weak to Zapdos.
A possible replacement for Heracross would be Rhydon with the follwing set.

-Curse
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Roar

His alot more sturdy than Heracross, gives you Raikou and Zapdos coverage and also is able to Roar Skarmory out. Roar also comes in handy when you need to Roar out stat boosters while Umbreon is Resting and unable to Charm+Toxic.

- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Hits practically everything apart from the special walls, and I have other pokes for those. BoltBeam + STAB Surf provides coverage and power. Recover is a given.

Power? Power isn't a word I'd use when describing Starmie. His special attack isn't nearly as threatening as say Alakazam, Zapdos and Raikou.
I think you should replace one of his attacks with Reflect, because you don't seem to be aware that Belly Drum Snorlax is way more common and deadly than Curse Snorlax. And unfortunately your opponents gonna come in and Belly drum on your Umbreon or Rhydon switch in. Rhydon's gonna die to Earthquake and even when Umbreon Charms Lax's attack. It can just Belly Drum again =/.

Now, going back to Machamp. It's probably wise to use the Sleep Talk set, so you can keep switching into Snorlax. And not Run out off Cross Chop PP

- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Leech Seed
- Explosion

Decent sp.attacker. STAB attacks hit most thing reasonably hard, Explosion is almost guaranteed to take something with it. Leech Seed on a trapped enemy is just evil. But I like it!

=/ Exeggutor isn't Meganium. It aint gonna be stalling anyone with its weak special d and non recovery move. Leech seed+substitute is a possible option, but I think you should go with Sleep powder over Leech seed. having one of your opponents pokes asleep is going to make things alot easier for your team. So the strategy is to put a poke to sleep and if you can Explode on another poke, prefarable their Heal beller.

Blissey - Heal Beller
- Softboiled
- Heal Bell
- Toxic/Light Screen
- Ice Beam

Pretty standard Heal Bell Blissey really. Needed as I am using a rester without Sleep Talk (possibly 2 depending on Machamp set), and just to get rid of any other statuses my Pokemon pick up. Not sure about the last move though.

I'd use Miltank over this. As mentioned with Starmie, Blissey is gonna be used as set up bait for Belly Drum Lax. However Miltank's huge defense has come through for me many a time. Especially as after One Curse, she's still faster than Swords dance Marowak and Snorlax.

-Heal bell
-Body Slam
-Curse
-Milk drink

Also Body Slam helps your team by paralyzing things like Skamory and Suicune, even Reflect Starmie's. A paralyzed Suicune is going to find it hard to come in on Rhydon as it'll be slower and could be in Ko range of it's earthquake. A paralyzed Suicune is also going to find it hard against Curse Machamp if paralyzes prevents it from Roaring or Resting for even one turn.

Thoughts:
- Plan is to trap-pass what the opponent has out. so keeping Umbreon alive is pretty important. Thankfully, it has decnt defenses, and Heal Bell support for when it is sleeping.
- Only 4 attackers, so I need to keep them alive really. Hence they all have recovery moves. (depending on Machamp set, and Eggy's options aren't as direct)
- Not sure if I should keep Blissey. Opinions on this please, and if no, suggest a replacement :D

Rate away!!

Hope I helped out a bit. I'm not an official team rater so you don't need to take my advice.

Gsc rmt

Umbreon - Mean Passer
- Baton Pass
- Mean Look
- Rest
- Charm/Substitute

- Submission
- Rest
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Machamp (Set 2)
- Cross Chop
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
Drop rock slide, because Machamp won't be flinching anything, and won't be able to stone out any flying counters, cause most of them will be able to drill peck before you can even rock slide them once. I'd recommend the sleep talk set or the curse suggested earlier. Cross chop and submission have the same accuracy, and with either set you can ko most things that try to wall you like Suicune.

- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Remove Heracross asap, he has a giant flying weakness, same as eggy as well and Machamp. He's rather slow as well, with only 85 base speed, the same problem as Machamp. I'd suggest a mixed attacker like dragonite, Either Earthquake, Outrage, Fireblast/flamthrower, thunder wave or Reaplcing the outrage and fire move with boltbeam. Outrage and fireblast can hit everything for at least neutral in gsc, and boltbeam can hit nearly everything for at least neutral. I suggest Miracleberry for this dragonite. Dragonite maybe slower, but thunder wave fixes that issue.

- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
Starmie doesn't have the stamina to use recover effectively, but other than that, you could replace it with rapid spin to rid the team of spikes.

- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Leech Seed
- Explosion
Place subsitute in place of explosion, if you intend on keeping leech seed, although I wouldn't as Exeguttor's special defense is terrible to be frank, and his defense isn't so great either. I'd recommend Tyranitar to replace eggy, Use the mixed sweeper set of rock slide, earthquake, crunch, and surf. Surf is so you don't get walled and killed by ground types.

Blissey - Heal Beller
- Softboiled
- Heal Bell
- Toxic/Light Screen
- Ice Beam
I agree with the cursetank suggestion from earlier.

Thoughts:

Rate away!!
My thoughts are in bold, and you don't have to follow my recommendations at all.. I'm just trying to help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)