1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gen 2 RMT new team

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by azzababe, Sep 11, 2008.

1. azzababe

azzababe

OK, made a new team, would like to hear your thoughts as it's a work in progress :D

All Pokemon with Leftovers (cba to write it 6 times :P)

Umbreon - Mean Passer
    - Baton Pass
    - Mean Look
    - Rest
    - Charm/Substitute

Yeah, it's standard and probably boring. Idea being trap, pass to counter, repeat when necessary and rest off damage.
    Not sure about whether to have Charm to out-stall Curselax and otherwise mess up physical attackers, or use Substitute for something to Baton Pass.

Machamp (Set 1) - Physical Attacker 1
    - Submission
    - Rest
    - Fire Blast
    - Earthquake

Machamp (Set 2)
    - Cross Chop
    - Fire Blast
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide

For either set, EQ and the fighting attack are the main form of attack I'll be using. Fire Blast for Skarm if need be, although it won't like a CH Cross Chop much either. Unsure which set to go for, basically I don't like the inaccuracy of Cross Chop, so Submission is a possible replacement. Because of the recoil, that set has Rest. Rock Slide for fliers/flinching possibly.

Heracross - Physical Attacker 2
    - Megahorn
    - Earthquake
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Megahorn destroys Psychics, grasses etc. Earthquake for coverage. Resttalk for survivability.

Starmie - Special Attacker 1
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt
    - Recover

Hits practically everything apart from the special walls, and I have other pokes for those. BoltBeam + STAB Surf provides coverage and power. Recover is a given.

Exeggutor - Special Attacker 2
    - Giga Drain
    - Psychic
    - Leech Seed
    - Explosion

Decent sp.attacker. STAB attacks hit most thing reasonably hard, Explosion is almost guaranteed to take something with it. Leech Seed on a trapped enemy is just evil. But I like it!

Blissey - Heal Beller
    - Softboiled
    - Heal Bell
    - Toxic/Light Screen
    - Ice Beam

Pretty standard Heal Bell Blissey really. Needed as I am using a rester without Sleep Talk (possibly 2 depending on Machamp set), and just to get rid of any other statuses my Pokemon pick up. Not sure about the last move though.

Thoughts:
    - Plan is to trap-pass what the opponent has out. so keeping Umbreon alive is pretty important. Thankfully, it has decnt defenses, and Heal Bell support for when it is sleeping.
    - Only 4 attackers, so I need to keep them alive really. Hence they all have recovery moves. (depending on Machamp set, and Eggy's options aren't as direct)
    - So far untested. (By me anyway :P)
    - Not sure if I should keep Blissey. Opinions on this please, and if no, suggest a replacement :D

Rate away!!
  2. Clefairy{m}

Clefairy{m}

Hope I helped out a bit. I'm not an official team rater so you don't need to take my advice.
  3. tripe

tripe

Gsc rmt

My thoughts are in bold, and you don't have to follow my recommendations at all.. I'm just trying to help.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)