RMT - No witty title for me

Decided to forgo the witty title I wouldn't be able to think up anyway. Please rate my team.

Ambipom "Ambition" @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Nature: Jolly
- Fake Out
- Return
- Brick Break
- Payback

My starter. Enough speed to beat non-scarfed Gengar and OHKO it with Payback thanks to Life Orb. Doesn't beat Weavile if it runs max speed, but Fake Out puts a big dent in it if it wants to stick around. Brick Break is for T-tar but won't kill it outright, a Fake Out before hand seals the deal though. This is the member of my team I am most unsure about, because he rarely comes in later and often switches out due to the opponent starting with some highly defensive physical pokemon (like Hippowdon) that he can't really touch.

Uxie "Patchouli" @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 256 Sp. Def
Nature: Impish
- Yawn
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- U-Turn

Covers defenses well on both sides. Throws out Stealth Rock and threatens sleep, as well as letting me U-turn to counters and learn what my opponent is trying to do. It has served me fairly well despite the risk in not having a real attack. One of two ways I use to set up my Lucario.

Lucario "Malice" @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Adamant
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Bullet Punch

Sweeper to wrap up in late game, or the early game if my opponent isn't smart (I've done it before). As the analysis shows, this guys hurts physical walls and smooshes less defensive opponents. I choose Bullet Punch over Crunch because I don't see Dusknoir that often at all where I battle. I have wondered about Stone Edge though, so I'd be interested in hearing some opinions.

Tangrowth "VegieRamen" @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spe
Nature: Impish
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder

A familiar set. Knock off / Leech Seed on the switch and wear things down. Another way to support the team and also helps to set up Lucario or disable a crucial opponent with Sleep Powder.

Machamp "Ignosi" @ Choice Scarf
Ability: No Guard
Nature: Jolly
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

100% confusion is great even when they switch into a non-ghost counter, other attacks are the typical for coverage. I have considered dropping Sleep Talk for Cross Chop when I think I need that little tiny bit more power or a critical to save me. Because I have no Cleric on my team, if he gets burned its basically over for him. The Scarf puts him at 343 speed, enough to beat everything up to 252-beneficial base 106 and tying everything up to 252-neutral base 122 and giving them quite the surprise with a Dynamic Punch and some confusion.

Starmie "Deca-Deca" @ Leftovers
Ability: Natrual Cure
EVs: 172 HP / 120 Sp. Atk / 216 Spd
Nature: Timid
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

The spinner and my only special attacker. I have Thunderbolt for Gyarados and waters that often switch in, but it also means the other good candidate for an Ice attack doesn't have one. I haven't yet had a problem with no Ice Beam for the several Salamence and few Garchomp I have come up against, but I am willing to listen.

Notable Weaknesses - 2 Fighting, 2 Fire, 2 Dark/Ghost, 3 Bug, 2 Flying. Some team members have a resist for these weaknesses.

So my strategy - If my opponent starts with a fragile lead or something I can at least outspeed then Ambipom does well, and often makes my opponent reveal who the physical wall on his team is, which is crucial for setting up Lucario later. Uxie and Tangrowth says 'no' to many things and sets up rocks and support, Machamp adds to the confusion and everyone generally switches in as typing and the opponent make necessary. Once I have learned what my opponent's physical wall is and have it and the rest of their team weakened and Rocks up, I get an important threat asleep and go for the sweep with Lucario.

Infernape poses a problem if my opponent kills Starmie, as do other fast attackers like Gengar. I am able to stop DD'ers fairly well with my sleep-inducers. Unfortunately, status can cripple my team terribly being mostly physical and having no cleric, so Burn and Toxic are my bane. Weezing also makes my team cry as he can Thunderbolt Starmie, Sludge Bomb Tangrowth, Uxie can't hurt back, and he can burn everyone else. Heracross could make mincemeat of a lot of my team with STAB'd SE Bug and Fighting attacks.

I'd be interested to hear your opinions. I think Ambipom might be the least useful part of my team and replaceable with another member, preferably one that can kill Gengar and outspeed Infernape, although that is kind of a tall order. The reason I am posting here is because recently I have been having very good success with this team in the forum and local area I battle at, so I was wondering if I have made something at least decent and what I can do to improve more.

I also have reservations, some might call them stupid, about not using certain pokemon (Blissey, Skarmory, Gengar, Salamence, Garchomp, etc) so yeah... Sorry if that makes you snap but its just the kind of person I am.

Anyway, my first RMT request. I hope I did well!

so far have only read your first pokemon, give pursuit of payback... wait can you have pursuit and fake out on the same set? for one ill rate the rest in a sec

edit: everything else looks pretty good however the common skarmbliss could wall you, a mixed sweeper could remedy this but you really need to decide what to replace with

The problem is that if Gengar doesn't switch out Pursuit won't OHKO unless Rocks are up. I have to count on my opponent knowing that I will outspeed them and can kill them with Payback before they will switch out, as otherwise I believe they usually think I am carrying Fake Out / Return / Brick Break / U-turn after seeing quite a few Gengar switches into Ambipom. If I switch in Ambipom to a Shadow Ball, they will often switch out (why else did I come in unless I can do something yes?) and at least I will get a 100 BP Payback off on whatever comes in. With that doing minimum 33% and a follow-up Return doing minimum 68%, thats 101% damage against an 85/80 with no EVs in HP or defense. Unless they have leftovers and I get unlucky with damage thats a good one-two knockout. They need to switch in a physical wall or bulkier-stat pokemon (a Dragon would suffice), a Normal-resistant pokemon, or something faster (like Weavile) before Payback isn't a good choice. In those cases I am probably switching out anyway, unless I have good HP and think the Weavile is not Choiced (a lot of people where I play prefer Expert Belt on their Weaviles).

I could be wrong though, so I am willing to hear more arguments.

Blissey doesn't really wall me all that well when I have only one special attacker and two fighting types. Skarmory I have faced a few times (still a new team), and usually Leech Seed will help to get it to leave, and it isn't a terrible choice for Sleep as it gives room for my mostly-physical team to wear it down or set up other support (Rocks or U-turn from Uxie, Leech Seed and Knock off from Tangrowth).

It looks pretty good! Have you tried it online yet? If so, how does it do?

I give it an 8/10.

Would you mind checking out my team? It's titled "I need rates. So does this team."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)