RMT - Offensive 5 sweep (OU)

This is my first RMT, but not my first team. I'm used to play with full stall team (TSS Stall with Cradily is my favorite game), and this time I tried to fight with a completely different style. I decided to use a 4 Sweep - 1 Stall - 1 Offensive Lead mode, the great part is composed of bulky sweepers.

So, let's go !

Note : I'm a french player, so sorry for English mistakes, I'm doing my best for you ^^

The lead : Mamoswine Power

"Manfred" Mamoswine (M) @Focus Sash
Ability : Snow Cloak
- Endeavor
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
Nature ans EVs : Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk) ; 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd

The big Mamo is a very nice leader, capable to counter most of other leads. Earthquake take care of Metagross, Tyranitar, and unscarfed Jirachi, while Ice Shard 2HKO Azelf, Roserade, offensive Crobat and Aerodactyl.
Against Fake Out Leads (like Infernape or Ambipom), I switch for Gyarados which can use a Draco Dance and starting the sweep phase.

If the opponent activated the Focus Sash, Endeavor can help me to knocking out a slower Pokémon (like Gyarados, MixMence, or a staller). If Stealth Rock isn't on my size, I can switch Mamo to use Endeavor later.

Mamoswine can weaken the opponent's team easily and starts the offensive game.

Bulky Offense : Three for Victory

"Chuck Norris" Machamp (M) @Leftovers
Ability : No Guard
- Dynamicpunch
- Payback
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Nature and EVs : Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk) ; 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Def

A classic SleepTalker Machamp, it can be quickly a threaten for my opponents with confusion due to Dynamicpunch. Payback OHKO Gengar/Mismagius on their switch, and do a lot of damages on most of Psychic Pokémon like Starmie or Uxie if they switch on Machamp.

Also, Machamp has the role of a sponge for status, a great needing in my team which is vulnerable to them. It's a great weapon against Wishers, Dynamicpunch have 50% chances to hit trough Protect thanks to No Guard ; and it's a great partner of Mamoswine to counter opponent's Hail teams.

"Couette" Scizor (F) @Leftovers
Ability : Technician
- Sword Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break
- Bug Bite
Nature and EVs : Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk) ; 252 HP/78 Atk/4 Spd/176 SDef

A BulkyDancer Scizor, nice against Latias, Staross, Aquali and a great part of Special Pokémon if they don't have a fire attack. His new attack from HGSS, Bug Bite, is a powerful move, boost with STAB AND Technician. It also steals the opponent's Berry's effect (bye Lum Berry !). Brick Break also beats Magnezone (if it doesn't have HP Fire), and damages Heatran on its switch.

SD Scizor is a killer wich can end the match with a great effectiveness. It makes a good job against Pyschic Stallers like Uxie and Cresselia which can stop the two others Bulky Sweepers.

"Austerlitz" Gyarados (M) @Leftovers
Ability : Intimidate
- Draco Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Taunt
Nature and EVs : Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk) ; 158 HP/252 Atk/72 Def/28 Spd

28 EVs Speed are here to reach 307 with a Draco Dance and outspeeds Jolly Lucario and Timid Porygon-Z. Intimidate and its 212 Def/370 HPs help it to endure most of physical attacks.
Gyarados resistances are similar to Mamoswine weaknesses (Fight, Steel, Fire and Water). This fact helps a lot for Gyarados placement. It also counters Heatran and Infernape, which are Scizor's main weakness point.
Taunt immobilize Phazers and Protect users to permit a well use of Bounce. This attack permits to avoid Explosion from Forretress and Bronzong, which are usually send to counter TauntGyarados.
Thanks to Taunt, Aquali with Protect cannot stop it. Only Empoleon resists to its both STAB attacks, but with Taunt, it can't stop permanently Gyarados.

It's the best sweeper of my team, but I have to care of it because of Stealth Rock that I can't get away.

The Alone Staller

"Debra" Slowbro (F) @Leftovers
Ability : Own Tempo
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
Nature and EVs : Bold (+Def, -Atk) ; 212 HP/252 Def/46 SAtk

I'm a great fan of Slowbro since I began online battles and tournaments. The same good double-type than Starmie, with a great defense and good stall moves...
In my team, Slowbro is a paralysis support and a Scizor trapper with Thunder Wave and Flamethrower (I've seen a lot of insects which have been trap by my Slowbro). It walls Machamp easily thanks to its ability, and does the same with Choice Jirachi (if I'm not unlucky with fear) and all Metagross version (which needs to explode to kill Slowbro). Lucario is also weak to Flamethrower, and Ice Beam OHKO Mence.

The Special Speed

"Rocky" Raikou @Choice Scarf
Ability : Pressure
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- HP Grass
- Thunder
Nature and EVs : Timid (+Spd, -Atk) ; 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk

A good Scarfer, which can also resist to special attacks. With 541 Speed, it's the fastest and powerful electric Pokémon I could choose to balance my team (Scarf Jolteon is too weak for me, Raikou have a better offensive power and staying power). Scarf Raikou outspeeds all Rain Sweepers and most Scarfed sweepers.

HP Grass says "hello !" to Swampert, Hippowdon, Donphan, Mamoswine, Dugtrio or Rhyperior. Thunder is its better weapon against Rain Dance Teams.

This team is my first offensive team that I like playing. I don't think it's perfect, but it seems effective for me. Thanks a lot for listening (or reading :3), and please, enjoy to rate ^^

Hello. Welcome to Smogon.

First off, Mamoswine. Standard and good. Having used Mamoswine my self, an option I have found very effective is Protect wich could be really useful against Fake Out leads Infernape and Ambipom. It could also be helpful to scout against choice users and switch to the appropriate counter.

I've been toying with your Scizor's EV spread, and I found that using 72 attack EVs hit a jump point, meaning that you get an additional point, I would suggest you take those 4 EVs and move them into Speed, as 8 EVs allow you to outspeed Vaporeons that run 4 EVs in speed. The EV spread should look like this now: 252 HP/72 Atk/8 Spd/176 SpDef.

To be honest, I really don't like the fact you don't have STAB on Slowbro. That's why I would advise you get rid of Flamethrower in favor of Surf. According to your descriptions, you are using Flamethrower to hit Lucario for SE damage while it isn't a problem at all, since he cannot setup on anything and Gyarados can also stop him with ease Surf does decent damage too.

I'm french too, and I know that the french metagame is filled with Rain Dance teams, but here at Smogon using a Pokemon just to counter Rain Dance teams surely isn't s very wise decision as they aren't common enough to worry that much about them. So, I would advise you to use a Choice Scarf Rotom-H instead of Raikou, he still functions as a revenge killer but has a lot more bulk, a more varied movepool. Raikou gave you an electric resist and a revenge killer, but the extra speed isn'treally useful and his fraility means he won't last long enough to revenge kill late game sweepers. Rotom-H adds bulk to the team, resistances and some extra insurance against common threats like Scizor, Lucario and Gyarados.

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Levitate / Modest
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
-Overheat
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Trick

---

Well that's my rate. Good luck with the team.

Thanks for rating ^^

Protect on Mamo... Yeah, it's a good idea, but I need Stealth Rock in my team and I can't have it on another Pokémon...

For Slowbro, I choose it to counter common sweepers, it don't really need a STAB to do its job. If it was a Calm Minder, yes, I had to give it STABs, but in this role it's not necessary (I made many tests with other moves, this combo is the best for my team)

In french metagame, I think I'll keep Raikou. But, yes, for Smogon I can use Rotom (if I keep FT on Slowbro, maybe Rotom-c is better for me... I'll test it, thanks ^^)

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
I think that Machamp slows the down fast pace of your team, and you have a ground and steel for toxic and T-wave. I think you should try this set out.

Machamp @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
216 HP/252 att/40 spd
-Dynamicpunch
-Payback
-Stone Edge
-Substitute

The spd Ev's allow you to outpace Blissey before it gets a chance to status you. You also have Stone Edge AND Payback for flying types and ghosts respectively. This should prove a nice addition to your team.

Thanks for rating ^^

Protect on Mamo... Yeah, it's a good idea, but I need Stealth Rock in my team and I can't have it on another Pokémon...
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough, I meant you should use it over Endeavor, as Endeavor is quite predictable and a smart player will always switch to his ghost type. Also, try the EV spread I suggested, I know I changed it very little from the original one, but it could be crucial sometimes and could maybe win you a match.

I've been toying with your Scizor's EV spread, and I found that using 72 attack EVs hit a jump point, meaning that you get an additional point, I would suggest you take those 4 EVs and move them into Speed, as 8 EVs allow you to outspeed Vaporeons that run 4 EVs in speed. The EV spread should look like this now: 252 HP/72 Atk/8 Spd/176 SpDef.
I'm just pointing out that 72 isn't a jump point for Scizor's Attack. The jump points are 16/56/96/136/176/216. As a point of interest, those jump points will work for any stat whose base stat is divisible by five (Scizor's base 130 Attack, Swampert's base 90 Defense, etc). Also, 252 HP EVs maximizes the damage he takes from Stealth Rock, so I'd stop at 248 HP EVs. The spread should then be 248 HP/76 Atk/176 SDef/8 Spd.

Sorry this isn't a full rate, but I hope you at least find the jump point information useful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)