RMT OU battle

Hi. I will be happy if you rate my OU team. First I would like to say that I am not very good in English. Second Iam just beginner in competetive battles. And last I would like to tell you that in our tournament in Czech and Slovak republic we can :

1) Use Double team and Minimaze (I would like to use it. Is it good?)
2) Use OHKO moves
3) There is not sleep clause
4) Most important: We CAN'T use any legendary pokemon. However we can use Garchomp and Wobbufett (i think it is quite silly)

Ok now how I made my team. First I saw nice anti-lead Starmie somewhere in this forum and I think it is very good pokemon and I want her.

Then I knew I want special Infernape.

Then I realised that I need one physical pokemon. I saw Salamance. There is pretty nice synergy.

Scizor. My next pokemon. I dont know if it is good to have him, but I like that strategy. I will be happy of any advice what I should change. Because 2 physical sweepers. Someone could say that it is good for nothing.

I needed wish support. And I was sure it will be my lovely Vaporeon.

And last pokemon I dont know. First I thought about Rotom form, but I heard it can't be used in wifi battles without cheating. Because i wanted someone who resisted Electric. I am thinking about Jolteon, but he can't do anyhing I need in team except immunity to electric. Ground types. They are good to resist this annoying type. First I wanted Flygon. But there is Salamance yet so I do not need him. Then I was thinking about Gliscor and Hippowdon but also Skarmory as physical wall. Finally I decided to Skarmory.

Okay now my team.

Starmie@Choice Scarf
Nature:Timid
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs:4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe

Hydro Pump/Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Trick

The idea here is to outspeed everything and KO them quickly. It is good for common leads. Do I need Grass Knot for Swampert? If I can stay alive and the opponent lead will be KOed Starmie can switch and back later. Thunderbolt is for water types and it works very well against Gyarados. Hydro Pump is very strong STAB attack but it has low accuracy. Perhaps I should change it for Surf. Because it is not funny when I miss. Ice Beam is especially for dragons because they couldnt expect it i think. But also for Flying and Grass types. Problem is Scizor and Tyranitar because they have Pursuit. Then I cant do anything just attack strongest as I could. I hate status ailments but fortunately Starmie has Natural Cure and while switching it can heal itself.

Common leads:
Aerodactyl: Hydropump
Tyranitar: Hydropump
Swampert:Trick
Ninjask:If it doesn't have Protect I can Trick him
Roserade: Ice Beam
Gengar: Hydropump(100% die. He would not expect I will outspeed him)
Bronzong: Trick. I think it is better Trick him because he can not explode. If I will attacking I cant beat him and he will explode

Weak to:
Bug-go to Infernape, Scizor, Skarmory or Salamance
Ghost-go to Scizor, Skarmory
Grass-go to Scizor, Infernape, Salamance, Skarmory
Electric-Problem
Dark-Scizor, Infernape, Skarmory

Infernape@Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Speed, 252 SpA

Nasty Plot
Flamethrower
Focus Blast
Grass Knot

Typical special Infernape. It can go to the pokemon they are weak to his attack and I should hope they switch and I can use free Nasty Plot. Then I sweep with doubled SpA. Flamethrower is strong STAB and it hurts hardly everything it cant resist it. For water types especially for heavy pokemon is Grass Knot. Problem is Vaporeon as power of Grass knot is low. Focus Blast is another STAB but it has horrible Accuracy. It is all about luck. With Timid nature and 252 Speed I can outspeed a lot of pokemon that doesnt have choice scarf. When they hurt me hard to 1/3 Flamethrower is incredibly strong.

Weak to:

Flying-go to Skarmory
Ground-go to Skarmory or Salamance
Water-the best go to Vaporeon, but it can go to Starmie, Salamance.
Psychic-Scizor, Skarmory

Salamance@Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP, 180 Def, 76 Spd (from Smogon)

Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw/Outrage
Earthquake
Roost

I don't know if Roost is neccessary. Because there is Wish support from Vaporeon. This is typical DDance Salamance. He is incredibly strong if it is good predicted. Dragon Claw is pretty strong after 1 or 2 Dragon Dances but Outrage is a bit stronger and it can OHKO a lot of pokemon. But I think Dragon Claw is better choice because they can switch to something like Foretress or Skarmory and my Outrage is pretty weak against them. Earthquake is great weapon against mentioned steel types. Roost for healing but maybe Wish from Vaporeon is enough. Then there can be another attacking move. Any ideas? Intimidate is great ability against physical sweepers.

Weak to:
Rock: No one resist rock type.
Ice: Starmie, Scizor, Vaporeon, Infernape
Dragon: Scizor, Skarmory

Scizor@Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Ability:Technician
EVs: 240 HP, 252 Attack, 16 Speed

U-turn
Bullet Punch
Superpower
Pursuit

Very strong sweeper with priority move. Maybe I should replace him because there is already one physical sweeper? There is very nice idea to U-turn with strong STAB and then you can choose pokemon which resist the move from the pokemon. I like it a lot. But I should be first. Bullet Punch extremly good weapon in Scizors hand because of STAB technician and also Priority. Superpower is realy Super POWER and it will hurt very strong. Pursuit for Gengar, Starmie and others. Fire is only one problem and 4 pokemon from team can resist it.

Weak to:
Fire-Vaporeon, Salamance, Infernape, Starmie

Vaporeon@Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP, 252 Def, 68 Spe(from smogon)

Wish
Protect
Surf
Ice Beam

I think I need one wish passer and Vaporeon is great in this job. It has also nice SpA and can play with strong STAB Surf. With his nice bulk opponent has pretty nice problem. Wish+protect is annoying. And Protect against predicted Selfdestruct or Explosion is very good because I havent Ghost type poke. Vaporeon can switch into every Surf or Hydro Pump and I love it :D I love this pokemon. Ice beam against grass types and also flying and dragon. Surf is realy strong against a lot of pokemon. He can heal my sweepers.

Weak to
Electirc: Problem
Grass: Salamance, Scizor, Skarmory, Infernape

Skarmory@Leftovers/Shed Shell
Nature: Impish
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 Def

Roost
Spikes
Whirlwind
Brave Bird

Main reason is Physical defense but it is nice Spiker. Maybe I could use Stealth rock or Double Team? Everyone should hate Skarmory because he is very annoing. Im always very happy if I can beat him to half HP and he heal himself in one turn. I hate it. If the opponents special sweeper is dead he has very big trouble. Spikes + Whirl wind are pretty annoing as the opponent cant do anything if the Whirlwind give there physical sweeper or some wall pokemon. Magnezone is very nice counter to him so Shed Shell is important but Leftovers is great item too. I dont know.

Weak to:
Electric: Problem
fire: Vaporeon, Starmie, Salamance, Infernape.

I know that this team has lot of problems. I cant resist Electric type. I have not Special Wall. Maybe I need Rapid Spinner and also Rapid spin blocker. There was idea about one of Rotom(Rapid Spin Blocker+Electric resistant) forms but someone told me that they are forbidden in wifi battles. Now I am thinking about Tentacruel nice Special wall+Rapid Spin+Toxic Spikes but 3 water pokemon? No. Maybe I should change it for Scizor and someone will change Starmie as Lead or antilead. There is also idea about Lock On+Sheer Cold Smeargle because we can use OHKO moves. Thats all. I will be very thankful if you comment it and I would like to learn from your advices. Thank you! :toast:

On Starmie give it Rapid Spin since your team is somewhat weak to stealth rock (drop trick, you'll find you won't use it as much). Go with surf over hydro pump.

On Infernape, drop Nasty Plot and give him Choice Specs, trying to getting a nasty plot off is very dangerous and is often useless because you have to switch him out.

Salamence's set is good---definitely keep roost as it heals off his life orb damage and only makes him 2x weak to ice (huge plus). I see his role as physical support on the team.

On Scizor, drop U turn for swords dance, take off the choice band and give him either a life orb or leftovers. This gives him more attacking power plus more options.

Consider dropping roost on Skarmory because it makes him weak to earthquake. Instead give him Light Screen and change those 252 SpD EVs to Def.

The team looks nice but there are a few things about your rules. Without OHKO clause, Dewgong which has access to the set (rest, sleep talk, horn drill, sheer cold) will be a complete pain. Also most people put the evasion clause on because it counts as "hax" which is supposed to be reduced as much as possible in standard wifi battling. Wobbuffet in the OU enviroment will probably get 2 guanteed kos. That's uber for a reason. Garchomp is overpowered in OU but not as much as wobuffet.

Sorry for the moaning, once again nice team, good variety. And as the above person said, i'd put rapid spin on starmie.

EDIT: just at a second glance i've realised there's not much this team can do agaisnt a bulky electric (like raikou). Perhaps a ground type would fit in well?

On Starmie give it Rapid Spin since your team is somewhat weak to stealth rock (drop trick, you'll find you won't use it as much). Go with surf over hydro pump.

Listen to this but you may choose between Hydro Pump and Surf

On Infernape, drop Nasty Plot and give him Choice Specs, trying to getting a nasty plot off is very dangerous and is often useless because you have to switch him out.

No, Infernape doesnt want Choice Specs because it will get maybe one pokemon then get revenge killed, Keep Nasty Plot because Nasty Plot MixApe is a strong mixed sweeper.

Salamence's set is good---definitely keep roost as it heals off his life orb damage and only makes him 2x weak to ice (huge plus). I see his role as physical support on the team.

This is good, but i reccomend a Physical Dragonite with Roost because it offeres the same support for the team while actually having the bulk to use Roost.

On Scizor, drop U turn for swords dance, take off the choice band and give him either a life orb or leftovers. This gives him more attacking power plus more options.

No, keep U-turn so he is your scout early game, and keep Choice Band so you have a Revenge Killer on your team

Consider dropping roost on Skarmory because it makes him weak to earthquake. Instead give him Light Screen and change those 252 SpD EVs to Def.

WTF....Keep roost and give him these EVs: 252 HP / 152 SpD / 104 Spe
while changing Brave Bird to Taunt, so that a DD Gyara or Salamence doesnt mess with your team

Thats all i have to say, hope it helped.

Specs Jolt seems to give you tons of problems. You need to rely on scizor to hit it with Pursuit, or bullet punch once it is weakened. Another problem is LO starmie, your lead starmie is Scarfed, so you can try to revenge kill it, but It also causes lots of problems, OHKOing most of your pokemon, bar scizor. again, you have to rely on Pursuit to kill it. Once scizor is dead, it's not going to have a hard time sweeping your entire team.
I suggest you swap out Vaporeon for a standard WishBliss:
Blissey

Bold
Natural Cure
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
~ Wish
~ Protect
~ Seismic Toss
~ Toxic / Ice Beam
This blissey will solve your Jolteon/Starmie Problems with ease. If you replace it with Vaporeon, you can still WishPass, and scout for Trick with protect. The last move is your chioce. If you really need Ice Beam to hit dragons, you should use it for your last slot, if you feel you can work your way around dragons, use Toxic to cripple annoying walls like Swampert/Rotom-A.

Just a note: consider changing your EVs on Skarm to 252 HP / 228 SpD / 28 Speed, that allows it to outrun CB Tar so you can stall out Stone Edge and set up Spikes in the process.

Thank you all...I will give to Starmie Rapid Spin over Trick as you said...Surf is better yes...
But infernape is going on Nasty plot very well...I dont want another choice item.
With Skarmory it looks pretty nice...thank you...
Dewgong is interesting with those OHKO moves...maybe I try it.
The idea with dragonite is pretty nice maybe I give him over Salamance...
I am also wondering about Jolteon or Lanturn as electric type wall...maybe they can help me...any idea?

Just kinda noticing that you said there's no Sleep Clause. You might wanna Consider Breloom for the team, as Sleeping the opponent's entire team all the time sounds pretty friggin Crazy to me. Just kinda pointing out...

Yes Breloom can be pretty annoying...but I am sure about Vaporeon and Infernape...I will replace Dragonite over Salamance because of his better defenses...Starmie, Skarmory or Scizor I will maybe replace with something better...any ideas? Is it okay if i will have 2 physical sweepers? if not Scizor will be in my team with choice band. Skarmory can be physical wall and Vaporeon as special wall...Over electric problem maybe there will be good Jolteon...but I havent lead or anti lead then...any ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)