RMT OU, Gimili Style

RMT OU, Team NBT (No better title)

Hey'all. This is my first RMT, and my first post, for that matter, so I'm not hugely familiar to this topic, but I'll do my best. This team was my first OU team, actually, so the changelog is quite expansive, so I'll cut it out. This team has been doing OK, but it really fell short of my expectations. So I took it here, and there we are. It's a sand-based team, based on both bulk and offense. Thanks for reviewing this, and leave a Luvdisc!

The First Look
Tyranitar / Landorus / Garchomp / Genesect / Conkeldurr / Ferrothorn​

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 108 Atk / 252 HP / 145 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit​
Ok, so this Tyranitar set is the Specially Defensive one, which provides a good answer of Latias/Latios, and is great for soaking up hits that Ferrothorn can't take. Tyranitar is really efficient with taking a blow and setting up sand and rocks, which makes it a decent lead option in many cases, other than the very rare (sarcasm) rain team or sun team. Tyranitar also hits pretty darn hard when it needs to. Pursuit will 2HKO Latios and 3HKO Latias, and Crunch will deal even more in a pinch. Fire Blast is the Skarmory coverage option that prevents Skarm from completely walling him. Thanks to Oh Captain for the idea.​

Landorus @ Expert Belt
Trait: Sand Force
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-Turn​
This set is the most popular set of Landorus, and for good reason. It really can pack a punch with STAB Sand Force EQ. It's pretty straightforward; just get sand up, then EQ or Stone Edge appropriately. If something can resist such an onslaught, Landorus U-Turns out. This set is probably the best on my team. Mamoswine usually checks it with Ice Shard, so I switch to Ferro to take the hit, then Gyro Ball and admire the results. EQ is a pretty meaty move in a sandstorm anyway; I don't find myself switching out much. HP Ice is beautiful coverage for Dragons. That's all there is to it.​

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge​

Just a great revenge killer. Chomp was feared in Ubers for this set, and now that OU has embraced it again, I can spam the hell out of it. Chomp finds himself usually revenge killing for Genesect and Tyranitar, (Not Lando because they both have the Ice weakness) and doing it pretty well. EdgeQuake generally hits most, and Dragon Claw can get good STAB without making Garchomp hazard setup fodder for Skarmory. Fire Fang rounds the coverage. Garchomp was pretty good to me in fourth gen, so I'm excited about the return to OU.​

Genesect @ Expert Belt
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Rock Polish​

Genesect is rarely used as a Rock Polish sweeper, so this set is perfect for my uses. Thinking that he will U-Turn, the opponent switches out, only to receive a Rock Polish boost. Genesect is now faster than his Choice Scarf set, and will pwn any n00b pokemon that switch into the elements. He unfortunately finds itself in trouble with Heatran, which totally walls it, but generally does pretty well against other Special Attackers. I like this set much more than the Scarf set because Genesect causes a lot of switches, and +2 Genesect is faster than the Scarf variant anyway. Thanks to all who commented for the advice Giga Drain > Thunderbolt​

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

So this is the Guts set for Conkeldurr; it can really be an offensive behemoth when played correctly. Bulk Up is the crux of the set. Drain Punch helps restore the HP it loses from the Flame Orb. Conkeldurr provides my team with a powerful tank, and helps the weakness to fighting with Ttar and Ferro, which is very helpful, as Landorus doesn't hit quite as hard sometimes, and it provides a better Mamoswine check than Ferrothorn. Thanks to Ashura Areston for the suggestion​

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 252 Atk / 4 HP
IVs: 0 Spd
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball​

Ferrothorn was chosen on this team because it compliments Garchomp and Landorus well, and can OHKO a surprising amount of pokes with Gyro Ball. This is a set that takes advantage of Ferrothorn's terrible speed, and turn it into a deadly hard hitter. It can wall a lot of threats and Thunder Wave/Leech Seed them. Ferrothorn simply answers the call of a physical wall on my team. Nothing more. Thanks to Eranu for the Spikes and Relaxed Nature idea.

Conclusion
Well, tell me your thoughts, and remeber to leave a luvdisc. Thanks again.​

The first thing that I notice is the fact that Mammoswine has a field day with your team. Ice shard wrecks your Landorus and Garchomp.... Earthquake Hammers tentacruel, and it still can run Super power to wreck ferrothorn and your Tyranitar. How to fix this... Im not entirely sure. I know you mentioned that ferrothorn kinda counters it, but If ferrothorn is dead, then mammo sweeps the majority of your team. I would say to replace Tentacruel wtih Conkeldurr. While you do lose the rapid spin and toxic spikes support, none of your team is really hampered by stealth rocks and that is the primary hazard. Toxic spikes are great if you get two layers, but if you only get one it is pretty sub par.

Conkeldurr on the other hand would provide that fighting type that allows for mass destruction in the OU tier. It would also give you priority in the form of mach punch which you currently lack.

Hi Gimili welcome to smogon!

First off i would suggest adding stealth rocks, I don't see any and that is an issue for sure. To fix this i would suggest a Spdef Ttar set, as its a great check to Latios/latias who might otherwise be problematic with some prediction.

Secondly i would suggest trying giga drain> thunderbolt on genesect as it provides better coverage and some recovery while Sweeping sometimes making the difference between dying or not. It also is a sure fire way to kill rotom, and you dont lose any coverage.

lastly Toxic+toxic spikes on tentacruel is redundant, I would swap out toxic spikes for scald simply because you do not carry a spin blocker. And venusaur/amoongus etc Just soak them up anyways not to mention other tentacruels or toxicroaks.
Making them rather uselsss for this team.

So In short ;

Tyranitar @chopleberry
252hp 148Spdef 108atk Sassy

Stealth rocks
pursuit
crunch
Stone edge

Gigadrain> tbolt on genesect

Scald> toxic spikes Tentacruel

Hope i helped!

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Actually, a better place for Stealth Rock would be on Ferrothorn. Thunder Wave and Gyro Ball on the same set is kind of counter-intuitive, so replacing one of those with Stealth Rock would be an excellent move (no pun intended).

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/
There are sprites to make your RMT more interesting.
And as artic suggested Stealth Rock > T wave on Ferrothorn
Also as your team doesnt play a stall style, then toxic spikes isnt all that usefull.
Id run a Starmie > Tentacruel. Keeping rapid spin, but having more offensive presence, being able to revenge kill a lot of threats.
Starmi @ leftovers
Timid - 252 Spe 252 SpA 4 Hp
Hydro Pump/ Thunderbolt/ Ice Beam/ rapid spin

Gl with team

Hey, nice team.

First of all, welcome to smogon. Now for the team.
You lack Stealth Rocks on this team. Stealth Rocks is a must on every team in this metagame. I'd suggest replacing Thunder Wave with Stealth Rocks on Ferrothorn. As ArcticBlast said, Thunder Wave + Gyro Ball is doesn't go well together. On Tentacruel, having Toxic Spikes and Toxic seems redundant. Replacing Toxic Spikes with Scald looks like the best option. This allows you to still poison threats while also being able to hit and possibly burn spin blockers while you can just Toxic Jellicent. Running Toxic instead of Toxic Spikes helps you with Keldeo. Without it, Keldeo can just set up on Tentacruel and possibly sweep your entire team. For Garchomp or Landorus to sweep, you'll need to get rid of Skarmory. As the team looks now you don't have a reliable way of doing so. Two changes can make that easier. Firstly, you can change Pursuit to Fire Blast on Tyranitar. This way you can do 66% - 78% to standard Skarmory, threatening it out since it can't roost of that damage. Secondly, you can change U-Turn to Gravity on Landorus. This allows you to hit the entire metagame with Earthquake. You can then OHKO Skarmory, as well threats like Rotom-w and Bronzong. For Garchomp, run a Jolly nature and with Outrage > Dragon Claw. With and Adamant nature you miss out on outspeeding a lot of other scarfed pokemon like Landorus, Thundurus-T, Salamence, Genesect, as well as Volcarona which if it is max speed can then threaten to sweep you after one Quiver Dance. With Dragon Claw you miss out on a lot of KOs for example Salamence after Intimidate which you wont be able to KO even after Stealth Rock damage with Dragon Claw. One last thing, the ev spread on Ferrothorn doesn't seem efficient and neither does its nature. You don't need any attack evs to ohko Mamoswine if you run a -Spe nature. So a Spread of 252 HP / 252 Def/ 4 Sp Def with a Relaxed nature seems more efficient. Normally I'd suggest using a Specially defensive set on Ferrothorn, but since it's main purpose is to check Mamoswine this should fit better since you can live a Adamant Life Orbed Superpower after three layers of spike damage with this set. A -Spe nature adds to the power of Gyro Ball so that's why you should run that. Hope I helped. Good luck !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)