RMT - OU!

I've got another OU team that I've been working on, with the focus being on setting Suicune up to sweep. The idea is that, with team support helping Suicune remove Blissey, other special sweepers serve as good backup, thus the focus on special attackers. Without further adieu, here it is!

Roserade@Focus Sash
Timid; 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

HP Fire
Leaf Storm
Toxic Spikes
Sleep Powder

TSpikes Roserade leads the team, and for good reason. With the team’s focus being to set up Suicune and allowing it to sweep, Toxic Spikes are absolutely crucial to remove the likes of Blissey and Celebi. With Sleep Powder, Roserade is capable of incapacitating slower leads and often ends up setting up both layers of TSpikes with health to spare. Even if it is hit, the focus sash allows it to get up that second layer while still leaving it as death fodder for the future. HP Fire allows it to hit Forretress and Scizor, and provides good coverage alongside Leaf Storm.

Jirachi@Choice Scarf
Jolly; 78 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe

Trick
Ice Punch
Iron Head
Thunderpunch

Jirachi functions as a fast Scarfer that is still capable of retaining momentum through its Iron Head flinch rate. The given EVs allow it to outspeed Gyara after a DD, meaning that it can revenge it with Thunderpunch. Ice Punch follows, allowing Jirachi to injure dragons locked into Outrage, and Trick allows it to interfere with stall and to have the liberty to choose between moves once its done with its Scarf. Thunderpunch provides protection against Gyarados, a potent threat. 180 Speed EVs places it ahead of 176 Speed Jirachi, Zapdos, Flygon, etc.

Zapdos@Life Orb
Timid; 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Roost
HP Grass
Heat Wave
Thunderbolt

Zapdos serves as a secondary special sweeper, following Suicune. With Scizor removing the likes of Latias with Pursuit and Suicune removing Blissey, this set makes a comeback thanks to its bulk and power. Very little can deal with this set, and Zapdos can simply recover off its lost health with Roost.

Scizor@Choice Band
Adamant; 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe

U-Turn
Pursuit
Superpower
Bullet Punch

Scizor seems to find its way onto almost all of my teams, and we all know why. U-Turn is a nice move that weakens and scouts in one blow, which is always useful. Scizor’s Pursuit proves especially useful, removing Latias, which is immune to TSpikes and can CM up alongside Suicune while resisting boosted Surfs. Scizor’s Superpower provides coverage, with Bullet Punch allowing it to revenge the likes of Salamence, Flygon, Tyranitar, etc.

Heatran@Life Orb
Naive; 6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Fire Blast
Explosion
Earth Power
Stealth Rock

Heatran lays down Stealth Rock, working well with Roserade. It easily switches in on flying, psychic, fire, and ice attacks aimed at Roserade, proceeding to set up Stealth Rock. This is not its only role, however - its plethora of resistances allow it to come in on multiple occassions, firing off powerful Fire Blasts complemented by Earth Power. Explosion provides a nice last-ditch effort against threats it cannot take on, and removes unsuspecting Latias if needed, one of the few other pokemon besides Blissey that will be able to take its assaults.

Suicune@Leftovers
Bold; 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Spe

Surf
Rest
Sleep Talk
Calm Mind

Suicune is the focus of the team, and for good reason. With so much of today’s metagame focusing on fast, hard-hitting sweepers, Suicune is able to bring the match to a screeching halt with its legendary defenses. While doing so, it then uses Calm Mind to place the momentum in its favor, restoring health as needed, and finally washing everything ashore with Surf. Suicune has little difficulty sweeping, thanks to the help of the team. With ScarfJirachi and Scizor revenging dragons and Gyarados, Scizor removing the likes of Latias, and Heatran and Zapdos taking care of opposing electric types, Suicune is left to free its mind in peace, sweeping in the end.

Credit goes to http://www.arkeis.com for the artwork.

Azelf: Rarely used outside of the lead position these days. ScarfJirachi, Heatran, and Scizor all deal.

Breloom: Suicune can absorb the obvious spore, leaving Zapdos to roast it with Heat Wave. Scizor's U-Turn and Bullet Punch also prove effective, as well as Jirachi's Ice Punch.

Celebi: Trapped and killed by Scizor, roasted by Heatran and Zapdos, hindered by Toxic Spikes, and flinched to death by Jirachi.

Dugtrio: While it can trap Jirachi, anything other than Thunderpunch will hurt. Switching into Heatran is difficult, same for Suicune. HP Grass from Zapdos works well.

Electivire: Doesn't take Zapdos' Heat Wave so well, and Jirachi can outspeed with its Scarf. Scizor's Bullet Punch still does hefty damage, despite being resisted.

Empoleon: Jirachi's Thunderpunch is usually effective. Otherwise, I have to play around it.

Flygon: Jirachi outspeeds any that run less than 308 speed. Suicune takes its hits like a champ, and Scizor revenges with BP.

Gengar: ScarfJirachi, Scizor.

Gliscor: A slight issue. Most of my team is special attackers, with Suicune heading the assault.

Gyarados: Unboosted Gyara are covered by Zapdos and Roserade in part, while boosted Gyara are revenge by Jirachi.

Heatran: Suicune can switch in, could care less about Toxic. My own Heatran can Earth Power, too.

Heracross: Rarely seen these days, Zapdos resists its STABs and kills it off with Heat Wave. Jirachi flinches it, Scizor BPs it, etc.

Infernape: Tricky. Lead ape cause issues, though Suicune can handle them. Sweeper Ape are outsped by Jirachi and hit by Thunderpunch, followed by BP. Coupled with LO and Stealth Rock damage, that's usually enough.

Jirachi: My own Jirachi can Fire Punch it. Roserade sleeps slower versions, while Suicune and Zapdos can deal in general. Heatran also has fun with it.

Kingdra: Can be difficult to deal with, but it generally comes down to stalling out rain. TSpikes helps alot here. Heatran can come in on Outrage and explode.

Latias: Pursued by Scizor, and outsped by Jirachi.

Lucario: Jirachi revenges with Fire Punch. It dislikes Zapdos' Heat Wave, too, and Suicune does alot of damage if it doesn't have to switch in.

Machamp: Iron Head flinch, and powerful Fire Blasts and Thunderbolts do the trick. Suicune can also deal with it somewhat.

Magnezone: Heatran can Fire Blast or Earth Power. Several of the other team members have moves to deal with it.

Mamoswine: Scizor and Suicune.

Metagross: Heatran and Zapdos fire attacks can deal, and Suicune can set up on pretty much any non-CB version.

Ninjask: Scizor.

Porygon-Z: Scizor, Heatran, ScarfJirachi.

Rhyperior: Suicune, Jirachi, Scizor.

Roserade: Heatran, Jirachi, Zapdos, Scizor (revenges)

Rotom-A: Heatran's Fire Blast does alot. Scarf sets are played around with prediction, while slower sets can be used by Suicune to set up.

Salamence: Jirachi, Scizor.

Scizor: Heatran, Zapdos, Suicune to an extent.

Snorlax: Scizor, Heatran (explosion). Jirachi can flinch it.

Starmie: Can be hit with Pursuit from Scizor, and Zapdos can handle those that lack Ice Beam. Jirachi's Thunderpunch hurts, too.

Suicune: Offensive versions hate Toxic Spikes, and Zapdos does severe damage even through +1 CM. Defensive versions are afflicted by Toxic Spikes; Heatran can explode, Zapdos' Thunderbolts hurt.

Togekiss: Zapdos; Jirachi, Scizor, and Siucune work to an extent.

Tyranitar: Jirachi and Scizor. Suicune can set up on all but CB Stone Edge.

Weavile: Scizor.

Yanmega: Scizor, Zapdos, Heatran.

Zapdos: Heatran's Fire Blast does well, and Jirachi can Ice Punch in a pinch. Stealth Rock hinders it somewhat.

If you wanna focus an a Suicune sweep:
I'll suggest the following:

Suicune @ leftovers/ timid/ pressure
228 HP, 64 SAtk, 216 Spe

- Substitute
- Surf
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam/ HP (Electric)

--> Subcune: ready, sweep, go!

I suggest giving Jirachi Trick > Fire Punch, as you have a Scizor counter in Zapdos, and your only defense against stall is Heatran's explosion.

Toxic spikes are not very useful in the current OU metagame, one of the reasons why roserade is UU, and tentacruel is not so common. Look at your own team for example, none of your pokes are effected by toxicspikes and suicune can rest them off.

The lead option could then be filled by lead swampert, an excellent lead, try protect, stealh rock, ice beam and earthquake. Protect is an amazing useful move and main use is extra lefties recovery, it is also useful for scouting explosion and choice users moves, it can also add extra sandstorm damadge to a poke on 1 hp (as sand is so common). This allows heatran to get HP grass, to take on pert, without pert realising he is being countered.

Thunderpucnch on jirachi has little use, it only really hits gyrados, who can be taken on with iron head, and suicune can force it out, zapdos will scare it off if it lacks stone edge. U-turn can be more useful for scouting, fire punch for lucario, stealth rocks for a lead role etc.

Scizor could do with quick attack over pursuit, to revenge kill jolteon, starmie, gyrados. the former, jolteon, could take on your entire team with a life orb/specs and hp ice. Starmie posses a majore threat to your team, and gyrados if you remove thunderpucnh from jirachi.

Theres my little nitpicks, let me know which ones you like, some of them are preference, but things like Quick atack, are probably nessecity for your team.

Toxic spikes are not very useful in the current OU metagame, one of the reasons why roserade is UU, and tentacruel is not so common. Look at your own team for example, none of your pokes are effected by toxicspikes and suicune can rest them off.

Without TSpikes, though, Blissey and Vaporeon become much more capable of ruining Suicune's attempts at boosting up. I really would rather keep them.

The lead option could then be filled by lead swampert, an excellent lead, try protect, stealh rock, ice beam and earthquake. Protect is an amazing useful move and main use is extra lefties recovery, it is also useful for scouting explosion and choice users moves, it can also add extra sandstorm damadge to a poke on 1 hp (as sand is so common). This allows heatran to get HP grass, to take on pert, without pert realising he is being countered.

I've used that Swampert lead before, and I will agree that it is quite effective. However, Swampert isn't too much of an issue - it can't touch Zapdos because of HP Grass, lack of recovery means Scizor's UTurn is wearing it down, Jirachi can Trick and cripple it, and Suicune simply sets up on it. Not to mention that Roserade will kill Swampert leads with Leaf Storm anyway.

Thunderpucnch on jirachi has little use, it only really hits gyrados, who can be taken on with iron head, and suicune can force it out, zapdos will scare it off if it lacks stone edge. U-turn can be more useful for scouting, fire punch for lucario, stealth rocks for a lead role etc.

Thunderpunch is one of the main reasons I chose ScarfJirachi - to deal with Gyarados. 299 Atk Iron Head on 6 / 0 Gyara is about a 4HKO, plenty of time for Gyara to break through and EQ Jirachi. I did consider U-Turn, but Trick lets me screw over stall.

Scizor could do with quick attack over pursuit, to revenge kill jolteon, starmie, gyrados. the former, jolteon, could take on your entire team with a life orb/specs and hp ice. Starmie posses a majore threat to your team, and gyrados if you remove thunderpucnh from jirachi.

Scarf Iron Head 3HKOs Jolteon on average, which is made all the more simple with SR + TSpike, as well as 1 round of LO recoil. Scizor's Bullet Punch also 2HKOs. I guess I'll have to rely on Thunderpunch and Pursuit for Starmie.

Theres my little nitpicks, let me know which ones you like, some of them are preference, but things like Quick atack, are probably nessecity for your team.
I'll try out Quick Attack on Scizor, but removing Latias is crucial for Suicune to sweep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)