*RMT* RainDancing Competetive

Hey guys. Been working on this team for quite a while. I want it as my competetive team, and I will use it on WIFI as soon as I get all the pokes together, rip it apart if you like :).

Jirachi @ Damp Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP/56 Atk/76 Def/136 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Wish
- U-turn
- Thunder
- Rain Dance
So here is my starter, and a solid one at that, the good thing about this poke is the wish suport aswell.
With any luck this starter might even cause a switch, set up rain. And if I feel I can, I
u-turn out to get something more fragile but more sweapy into play.
It also carries the awsome ability "Serene Grace" wich works wonders with thunder, and in rain I have 100%acc and a nifty 70% chance to paralyze.
Its indeed reliable.
---

Kingdra (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 168 Atk/88 Spd/252 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Surf
- Waterfall
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
So onwards to my first sweaper, kingdra is pretty solid, and the combo water/dragon makes it very good defensivly even if the stats are not really that great.
The type combo also helps to counter the much dreaded grass attacks. With rainboost, STAB water attacks and Orb makes this guy hurt like hell.
Draco Meteor is there for coverage, and im still able to sweap with waterfall since DM only lowers SpA. This guy outspeeds almost everything in rain. Its all around a pretty solid choice for a RainDance team.
---

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP/216 Def/52 SAtk
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Rain Dance
Hello electric attacks! Those nasty (often special) attacks are the reason I chose this guy. Hes a pretty ok tank, but im not sure if I really wanna go with Lefties on him.
I supose this guy makes a pretty good anti-SpD wall.
EQ is great for taking care of almost anything that doesnt plain out resist it or are imune, the great thing is that he gets STAB aswell.
Now on to Ice beam, its pretty obvious... Sure I can use it at flying who resist my EQ and ththose pesky Grass types. Even thought neither are preferable foes with Swampert.
And obviously Dragons (die).
Now im not all to familiar with this guy since I hav´nt used him all that much, but hes been pretty reliable so far!
---

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Heal Bell
- Leech Seed
Say hello to my little friend...hmm....
This litle squirt is great! Also helps with electric attacks and soaks up damage pretty good.
The recover move is great and keeps him alive for alot longer, while Heal Bell is there to take care of status problems on the rest of the team.
The ability Natural cure is also really awsome to have, il hapily take some burns and paralysis with this guy.
Grass knot is mainly for some STAB damage and to take out pesky bulky waters who overall stall my entire team.
---

Kabutops (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 20 HP/252 Atk/236 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- X-Scissor
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
Now heres something U dont see everyday! A kabutops!
I have gotten ALOT of suggestions of replacing this guy, but the thing is that people underestimate this guy in rain... ALOT.
If im lucky and get off a swordsdance on the switch then almost nothing can stop is aslong as the rain is up. Stone edge with STAB OHKOS everything that doesnt resist, same thing with Waterfall.
X-scissor takes care of problematic pokes like fast grass types, the beauty with this is that they for one does not excpect for a sceptile to be slower! And it goes down in one shot.
So even if this guy is novelty he surley does what he is suposed to if you get him in under the right cirscumstanses. (this is really the only one im 100% keeping !)
---

Gyarados (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 74 HP/252 Atk/184 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
Rain is over, sweapers are all dead, surley the oponent doesnt see this one comming.
A max attack eve´d Gyara with Life Orb and DD, now even without the rain the oponent is going to get hurt either way.
Stone edge are mainly for other Gyaras, but can also act as a lifesaver against something like a sceptile who resists both my water and EQ attack.
---
Threat List:
Garchomp: Kingdra, Swampert
Blissey:kabutops, Gyarados, Kingdra, Swampert, Celebi
Gengar: both kingdra and kabutops outspeeds gengar in rain.

Gyarados: Kabutops in rain, Gyarados, Jirachi
Tyranitar: its pretty much covered with my water types.
Lucario: Dunno

Heatran: 123 WATER
Metagross: Gyara with EQ and Kingdra and kabutops also handles this guy in rain.
Salamence: Kingdra, Swampert
Bronzong: Pretty hard to take down.
Infernape: Not a problem
Swampert: Celebi, kingdra

Weavile: Not to worried
Skarmory: Swampert, Gyarados, Kingdra
Forretress: Jirachi, Swampert
Gliscor: Water... really, its just that simple.

Cresselia: Dont know :S
Starmie: Jirachi, Swampert, Celebi
Breloom: Hate this thing!
Heracross: Possibly a threat.
Togekiss: No problem in rain
Celebi: Jirachi? :S
Hippowdon: Water...
Azlef: In rain not a threat, otherwise... bit of a hassle.
Dusknoir: Anything?
Snorlax: Gyara, kabutops, kingdra?
Jirachi: Swampert
Suicune: Celebie, Gyarados

Vaporeon: Celebie, Gyarados, Swampert
Porygon Z: Everything :P
Electrivire: Swampert

Machamp: Gyara,jirachi,Kingdra, Swampert

Zapdos: Swampert, Gyarados (and sweapers in rain)
Yanmega: Its hard for me to counter but I can handle him ok I guess.
Ninjask: Guess just keep hitting those subs and then try to handle
whatever comes in.
Alakazam: Kingdra
Aerodactyl: Almost my entire team ^^.
Rhyperior: Same as above, not really a problem.
Tangrowth: Ice beam!
Dragonite: kingdra, Swampert.

just a suggestion, but i use deoxys-s for a fast lead. it either stealth rocks up, taunts, or sets up rain. IMO its a better option thatn swampert. antoher thing is that though azumarill may not seem that strong, it is gos in rain. Aqua jet to take out things like infernape and gengar. Waterfall does crazy damage due to stab, rain and (boost depending on item) 2HKO's cresselia =]

Id rather put Aqua Jet on kabutops before swtching something for Azumarill.
deoxys-s is ok I guess, but its a matter of taste, and in this case I prefere jirachi, since its alot sturdier.

Also, swampert is not my lead, he is tank and anti ele attacks :D

well it good team but you have no speacial wall i suggest tentacruel so then you can rapid spin and stealth rock wont take away 25% OF GYRAS health when you switch in.

I hear u, but where exactly do you propose I put in tenta? And tenta as as special wall? I mean... Swampert pretty much takes care of electric attacks. Whilst fire is no prob for anyone in my team xcept celebi and jirachi.

What els do I need "walling" ? :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)