1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

[RMT]s must be the new fad here

Discussion in 'Create-A-Pokémon Project' started by Tsukikage, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Tsukikage

Tsukikage

Intro
    Well, everyone else seems to be doing RMTs since Fidgit's debut, so I figured, why not try to make my newest team better. It's been having moderate success, but its still not stellar, and I'd like it to be.

At a Glance
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

In Depth
    [​IMG]
    Syclant@ Focus Sash
    Timid
    Mountaineer
    252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
    -Tail Glow
    -Bug Buzz
    -Ice Beam
    -Hidden Power [Ground]

So far, I've been loving the lead Syclant. Gauranteed a Tail Glow thanks to the Sash, then destroys many of my opponents team. Also does great against suicide leads because its faster than Azelf, and can KO Azelf and Deoxys with Bug Buzz. Ice Beam for STAB and can KO Garchomp even with a Yache Berry. HP Ground because Earth Power is illegal with Tail Glow, and its the only way to deal with Heatran and other various Steel-types.

[​IMG]
    Togekiss@ Leftovers
    Calm
    Serene Grace
    252 HP/252 SpD/4 Def
    -Air Slash
    -Aura Sphere
    -Roost
    -Thunder Wave

Pretty standard Haxkiss, which is a necessity on this server. Thunder Wave over Body Slam because I'm more scared of Gengar than Garchomp although the para on Fidgit is starting to look better and better to me. I like Aura Sphere, but could be changed easily, as I don't have much use for it.

[​IMG]
    Heatran@ Choice Scarf
    Naive
    Flash Fire
    252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
    -Flamethrower
    -Earth Power
    -Hidden Power [Ice]
    -Dark Pulse

Naive because with Timid, the IVs are illegal. Flamethrower over Lava Plume for more power since I'm running a +Spe nature (which has saved my ass multiple times, by the way). Fire Blast could work, but I don't like the PP and accuracy issues. Dark Pulse over Explosion because I don't like Explosion in general, and Dark Pulse helps with Psychics and Ghosts that I occasionally run into.

[​IMG]
    Fidgit@ Leftovers
    Timid
    Vital Spirit
    252 HP/252 Spe/4 Def
    -Earth Power
    -Stealth Rock
    -Toxic Spikes
    -Encore

I'm seriously considering Whirlwind over Encore at the moment. It seems like every time I Encore, I get screwed as of late, plus I currently don't have a phazer, and with all three kinds of entry hazards, would be useful. Not much else to say about Fidgit.

[​IMG]
    Gyarados@ Life Orb
    Adamant
    Intimidate
    72 HP/252 Atk/184 Spe
    -Dragon Dance
    -Waterfall
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge

Standard LOGyara. I have other ways of dealing with Celebi, so Stone Edge goes over Ice Fang. Stone Edge also has the luxury of higher BP and a high crit rate. Again, not much to say.

[Insert Deoxys-S Backsprite Here]
    Deoxys-S@ Leftovers
    Modest
    Pressure
    220 HP/252 SpA/36 Spe
    -Recover
    -Spikes
    -Psychic
    -Taunt

Pretty efficient at laying down Spikes. At 405 Spe, it is the fastest thing around once that pesky Timid-252 Spe-Suicide-Deoxys is taken care of, so Taunt works well. I've been thinking of Forretress in this spot, which can set up Spikes and Rapid Spin, two things I would like to have, so Forry is definately an option here.

Outro
    Well there ya have it. Rate away. I'm thinking I have Tyranitar problems right now, which is a big no-no, but I've been playing around it pretty well, but a way to make that problem go away would also be helpful.
  2. Hyra

Hyra
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Why Mountaineer on Lead Syclant? Compound Eyes and Blizzard might win you the battle off the start (not likely). You have Sash, so its not like you really expect to come back in anyways.

Dark Pulse is pretty eh on Heatran. Flamethrower accomplishes the same thing. 135 vs 160 (or 180 vs 160 if you do switch to Fire Blast). I would say run either Explosion or Flash Cannon (yes this is useful) in the last spot. It doesn't really matter though, since you should be using Flamethrower or HP Ice most of the time.

Otherwise seems pretty solid, besides Psychic as the only attack on Deoxys. It basically lets TTar walk into for free and either kill you outright with Pursuit, or leave a nasty hole in something else.
  3. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

Go with Compoundeyes over Mountaineer on Syclant. Then replace Ice Beam with Blizzard. HP Ground is ok, but Focus Blast would give good coverage in that slot. It hits Heatran almost as hard (240 BP vs. 280), and other things harder, like Tyranitar, which you have problems with.

Togekiss seems fine. I would keep Thunder Wave over Body Slam since Revenankh is really more threatening than Fidgit.

Heatran works with Timid and HP Ice if you make the Attack IV 22. If that doesn't work, then just mess with the attack IV that you're not using until it works. Sacrifice the stat you're not using rather than compromise your defenses with Naive. Put Explosion on Heatran; if you can blow up Heatran on a Blissey or Snorlax to clear the way for a Deoxys sweep, then why not?

Gyarados looks fine i guess. I like to use Stone Edge / Waterfall / Ice Fang, since Earthquake doesn't provide much other coverage except for things like Toxicroak. You should really try out something like a CursePert in this slot to help with your serious DDtar issues.

I don't understand what you're trying to do with all the entry hazards when 3/6 of your team is fast paced offense. It doesn't do you much good to set up all those hazards when you could have already won the game without them. I would replace one of the hazards on Fidgit with Wish. On Deoxys, I would go with the standard late-game mixed sweeper set, but use a more specially offensive spread with max speed and special attack, putting the extra 4 EVs into attack. Blissey isn't a problem if you put Explosion on Heatran. (if you're really that adamant on not using Explosion, use the standard EVs on Deoxys.)

Not a bad team overall.
  4. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

If you are going to run compoundeyes syclant, no hp evs, put them somewhere else. It allows syclant to come in on 2 stealth rocks.

Togekiss with t-wave works great. The rest looks pretty good.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)