VGC RMT - T-Tar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to making teams and am looking for some feedback from other people. so here goes:

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Sand Stream
Jolly
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Rock Slide
Ice Fang
Crunch
Earthquake

Thought about Fire Fang and Thunder Fang for diversity instead of Crunch and Earthquake but I didn't think they were really necessary.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Iron Barbs
Bold
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Leech Seed
Thunderbolt
Stealth Rock
Giga Drain

Stealth Rock to discourage switching and also to counter Focus Sash. Iron Barbs and Rocky Helmet stack.

Gengar @ Gengarite
Levitate
Modest
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD / 132 Spe
Destiny Bond
Perish Song
Shadow Ball
Giga Drain

Perish Trap sorta thing here. That's about it. Giga Drain to keep Gengar alive.

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Gale Wings
Adamant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
Steel Wing
Roost

Steel Wing increases Talonflame's defense and Roost is there to help recover if Leftovers don't do their thing.

Greninja @ Focus Band
Protean
Timid
EV's: 120 HP / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Dark Pulse
Ice Beam
Scald
Mat Block

Mat Block doesn't have priority thus the Focus Band to try and keep Greninja from being KO'd when it works.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Stance Change
Quiet
EV's: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpA
Flash Cannon
Shadow Sneak
Sacred Sword
King's Shield

Not too sure what to really say about this Aegislash so...

Thanks for your time & your feedback! :toast: Sorry if this is a stupid team.

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sup friend, I recommend you read up about VGC '15 through the VGC subforum or NuggetBridge, as your team in its current composition displays a poor understanding of the VGC '15 metagame, as well as a poor understanding of general doubles strategy. Key examples of this are the sets used throughout the team, such as Mat Block Greninja and a bulky Talonflame not running a support set, 0 instances of Protect / Detect moves outside of Kings Shield and Mat Block (which shouldn't count), and so on.

Also you should put about 3 lines of description per pokemon (forum rules), makes it easier for people to rate the team if they know what each Pokemon is for and how they do what they do.

Hi there, just a few concerns to address quickly so the Moderators don't get upset. XD
-You need 4 lines of description (about 5 sentence or so) for each member.
-Gengar @ Gengarite and Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite can't both mega evolve, so consider changing one or the other.
-Adding pictures/sprites before each Pokemon can help viewers navigate more easily, so consider adding them.
Hope it helps.
~JVaria

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello CarlBorch , and welcome to Smogon!

Unfortunately, this RMT is currently not following the rules which can be found in the RMT Resource Thread; specifically, this thread violates rule #4, because you lack sufficient descriptions for each Pokemon on your team. As such, I am afraid that I will have to lock this thread for the time being. If you would like this thread to be reopened, feel free to PM me with your updated RMT, and I would be happy to reopen this thread for you. If you need help making an RMT up to the required standards, I recommend that you carefully read the RMT Resource Thread and check out other RMTs from the Team Showcase and RMT Archive for some examples.

Good luck with your team, and have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)