RMT, Team Based on Psychic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Previous:

ok after my nob RMT of the fly team i decided to make new team, using the little experience that i got so far.
this team is based on psychic pokemons but not mono type..
First, I picked 4 psychic pokemon : jirachi, Xatu, Claydol, and Latias.
(my 2 other pokemons are Weavile and Gyarados.)
than I checked the Psychic weaknesses, which are : Bug, dark, and Ghost.
So I checked the weaknesses of my weaknesses so i can pick smart the other pokemons.
Against the Bug I puted heat wave at Xatu, and hidden power fire at latias.
Against Dark I puted weavile as a revvenge killer with low kick, plus i have solar beam at xatu and U-turn at jirachi.
Against Ghost i puted with RK Weavile pursuite and night slash, plus Shadow Ball at Claydol.

*Gyarados is in the team so for fire pokemons,
and also to balance my team in the atk and sp.a way, so i wont stuck against sp.defenders pokemons.

here is the enemy's pokemons who killing my team and i need to get soluiton to:

Gyarados.
Tyranitar.
Vaporeon.
Salamence.
Latias.
Suicune.
Swampert.
Breloom.

My Team:

~~~~Jirachi:
Jolly @ Choice Scraf.
80 HP \ 252 Attack \ 176 Speed
Iron Head
Stealth Rock
Trick
U-turn

Well, I think jirachi is doing the best job at my team,
usually survivng and killing a pokemon or two after scrafing the leader at SR.
the Iron Head is flinching in 60% of times and its awesome and usefull.

~~~~Xatu:
Timis @ Choice Specs.
Synchornize.
40 HP \ 216 Speed \ 252 Sp.A
Psychic
Singal Beam
Heat Wave
Grass Knot.

this pokemon is realy great killer.
taking care of scizor, plus killing half of teams with psychic.
signal beam beating machamp and bug weakers (Jirachi's U-turn never done the job).
and grass know is for swampert, but for some reason, damage about 30% and swampert have leftovers.

~~~~Claydol:
Bold @ Leftovers
252 HP \ 144 Def \ 112 Sp.A
Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock
Earth Power
Shadow Ball

This Pokemon Is my my team spinner,
usefull spiner because its not losing alot of hp by SR when switching to it.
plus its my ghost and electric killer.

~~~~Latias:
Timid @ Leftovers
128 HP \ 252 Speed \ 128 Sp.A
Calm Mind
Recover
Dragon Pulse
Hidden Power Fire

Usually i switch to latias when scizor show up, than i know he switches out so i use Calm Mind.
than latias is a tank, who recover and kill with those 2 s.attack moves.
the problem about my latias is he get always killed by other latias or by salamence,
when a offensive latias would kill them in one hit.
plus because it dont have thunderbolt i dont have how to beat Gyarados, who kill my latias too.

~~~~Gyarados:
Adamant @ Leftovers
255 Atk \ 255 Speed
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Gyarydos is simply killer that do the water job for my team, like infernape.
switches to it when enemy use ground\fire pokemon,
than i use Dragon Dance while he switches for Electirc atack.
and than i can destroy the Electric pokemon with Ground attack.
Gyarados also make a balance at my team in the attack \ sp.a thing,
so i wont be stuck against sp.defenders like umbreon.

~~~~Weavile:
Jolly @ Choice Band
40 HP \ 252 Atk \ 216 Speed
Pursuit
Ice Shard
Low Kick
Night Sash

When I opened this team Weavile wasnt in.
I Used Gallade as my fighter (need fighter for the Psychic weakness think, as i said at the previous.).
than i realized that Gengar can beat my team alone.
so I changed Gallade for Weavile, which killing Gengar with Pursuit easily.
It also got night sash as adark attack for gengar.
and Low Kick is the fight attack that doing the Gallade Job.

Please Rate My Team, And Help Me Improve my Team, and kill those pokemons list i mentioned after the previous.

Gyarados.- you need an electric type attack somwhere in the team to wipe out this beast so how about you try using thunderbolt on gyarados instead of either Waterfall or Stone Edge.
Tyranitar.- I would have thought that gyarados would kill off this but if not then try replacing weavile's low kick with brick break and see if that helps.
Vaporeon.- Again a gyarados with thunderbolt would sort this out.
Salamence.- Ice shard is too weak for the job so try another phisical ice attack like ice punch.
Latias.- A number of attacks are super effective but I would send in weavile to use recommended ice punch or your latias and hope they are running a bulky latias and try to out speed it and use dragon pulse
Suicune.- Try thunderbolt against this or replace xatu's grass knot with giga drain.
Swampert.- I would recommended giga drain definatley here it would be a great idea to replace grass knot
Breloom.- Again I'm surprised you can't take care of this with Heat Wave and HP Fire.
Edit: does claydol really need stealth rocks as jirachi already has it?
Edit again: I would recommended a tutition next time applications are open as the evs on gyarados are invalid

Gyarados.- you need an electric type attack somwhere in the team to wipe out this beast so how about you try using thunderbolt on gyarados instead of either Waterfall or Stone Edge.
Tyranitar.- I would have thought that gyarados would kill off this but if not then try replacing weavile's low kick with brick break and see if that helps.
Vaporeon.- Again a gyarados with thunderbolt would sort this out.
Salamence.- Ice shard is too weak for the job so try another phisical ice attack like ice punch.
Latias.- A number of attacks are super effective but I would send in weavile to use recommended ice punch or your latias and hope they are running a bulky latias and try to out speed it and use dragon pulse
Suicune.- Try thunderbolt against this or replace xatu's grass knot with giga drain.
Swampert.- I would recommended giga drain definatley here it would be a great idea to replace grass knot
Breloom.- Again I'm surprised you can't take care of this with Heat Wave and HP Fire.
Edit: does claydol really need stealth rocks as jirachi already has it?
Edit again: I would recommended a tutition next time applications are open as the evs on gyarados are invalid
for the first edit:
yes, because Fast Taunters who kills my Jirachi.

most of advices are good, i gonna try giga drain.
but about replacing waterfall with thunderbolt, its realy gonna help me kiill those water pokemons like vapereon gyarados or suicune.
but the i wont have any water attack in my team and i wont be able to kill fire and ground pokemons.
i think thunderbolt should be on latias but the latias set is so good and useful..

I HIGHLY suggest not using thunderbolt like the above poster said. Gyrados is a physical pokemon and i doubt thunderbolt will even 4hko defensive suicune. Honestly idk how to help this team without destroying the theme of psychics. Xatu is complete crap in ou, and weavile isnt the greatest either (cant switch in on almost any attack. I would start by replacing them. Claydol is a good spinner in todays meta (perhaps even better then starmie) being able to shadow ball rotom and not roll over and die to scarftar. Plus alot of defensive rotoms only run tbolt and wow. So he can stay. Jirachi is good. Gyrados is good. Latias should be changed into a choice scarf version to revenge big threats for you such as gyrados, salemence and latias, while also being able to trick vaporeon, swampert and suicune. Thats all i can think of for now good luck with the team. PS-ice shard isnt too weak to deal with mence i believe it 1hkos after sr, possibly even without it.

Edit-visit the strategy dex on smogon so you arent temped to use any more rediculus sets...

I HIGHLY suggest not using thunderbolt like the above poster said. Gyrados is a physical pokemon and i doubt thunderbolt will even 4hko defensive suicune. Honestly idk how to help this team without destroying the theme of psychics. Xatu is complete crap in ou, and weavile isnt the greatest either (cant switch in on almost any attack. I would start by replacing them. Claydol is a good spinner in todays meta (perhaps even better then starmie) being able to shadow ball rotom and not roll over and die to scarftar. Plus alot of defensive rotoms only run tbolt and wow. So he can stay. Jirachi is good. Gyrados is good. Latias should be changed into a choice scarf version to revenge big threats for you such as gyrados, salemence and latias, while also being able to trick vaporeon, swampert and suicune. Thats all i can think of for now good luck with the team. PS-ice shard isnt too weak to deal with mence i believe it 1hkos after sr, possibly even without it.

Edit-visit the strategy dex on smogon so you arent temped to use any more rediculus sets...
thanks alot for your comment.
i changed the latias as you said and I gonna see if its works.
but now i have one fire attack only in xatu which usually not survivng breloom when he sub and focus paunch.

and about Ice Shard you are right, Ice Shard do killing salamence with one hit.
the probllem is the only ice attack i have is in weavile whcih pretty weak.
he cant survive alot of pokemons.
and sometimes i can night slash gengar and than when he switches to salamence,
i am not able to change move untill i switch pokemon, which a bad weakness for my team.

Changing xatu to zapdos will solve many of the problems, such as gyrados, brelloom, vaporeon suicune and swampert, if you have thunderbolt, heat wave and HP grass.

I would replace weavile with a scizor, preferable an offensive SD set, as that works well with gyrados as they can set up/defeat each others counters. Scizor can still take on salamence, but also handles latias and tyranitar quite easilly.

haunter

Banned deucer.
RMT rules said:
13. You are only permitted to have one active RMT thread open at any given time. Don't post a new team every 2 weeks, wait some time before posting another RMT.
PM me between two weeks and I'll unlock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)