[RMT]: The Specstres and her floating pixies v2.0

Introduction:

My previous team was a little weak, and I redeveloped my team from this. So basically, this team is based around a Choice Specs'd Moltres.

Development of the team:

Well, I wanted the team to be mostly offensive. Moltres has this horrid weakness to Stealth rock so a spinner was neccessary. So the team mainly comprises of 2 Special Sweepers, 1 Physical sweeper, 1 bulky sweeper and 1 supporter.

I found walls completely uncessary. With the rest of my team being a little T-tar weak, I was forced to employ hariyama as my last spot for it's walling ability and it helps with blissey which is seemingly impossible to beat on this team with so many pokemon running special attacks.

Overview of the team:

Now, on with the movesets, description and strategy.

The Team:

Supernova

Moltres@Choice Specs
Nature: Modest.
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 HP
-Overheat
-Hidden Power:[Fighting]
-Air Slash
-Flamethrower

Description:

She's the star of the team, as well as my uncommon lead. She suprises her foes with an Overheat more destructive than a Specsmence's Draco Meteor. Hidden Power Fighting is to keep Tyranitar and especially heatran from walling me. Air Slash is a basic STAB move to attack with and Flamethrower is my reliable last move. She also works as an Mixnape counter.

Changes which can be made:

She could use a timid Nature. It helps her tie with base 90's and neutral natured base 100's. It would bring her attack power down to that of a specsmence though. U-turn is also an option for scouting.

Synergy:

Well, she's the focus of the team. She also covers Jirachi's weaknesses quite nicely. Takes Grass hits for Starmie as well.

Shimmer

Starmie@leftovers
Nature: Timid
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 172 HP, 216 Spe, 120 SpA
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Rapid Spin
-Recover

Description:

She's pretty much the standard Rapid Spinner set. Enough Special attack to take down Garchomp with Ice beam and Surf works just fine. Unfortunately, there wasn't room for Thunderbolt on this set because of recover.

I'm not sure there's much to change. This spinner is just awesome.

Synergy:

She's here to spin the spikes and more importantly Stealth rocks away for moltres to switch in safely without a cut in her hitpoints. She can take an ice beam directed to Garchomp if needed to.

Amaranth

Mesprit@leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP, 176 Def, 80 SpA
-U-turn
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Thunderwave

Description:

She's my bulky sweeper. She basically supports the team by taking hits from Garchomp, Gyarados and Infernape. She has enough Special Attack to 2HKO a Yache-chomp and gyarados is taken down by a T-wave and later a Thunderbolt. U-turn is for scouting. Infernape is handled by T-waving and U-turned to Moltres.

Nothing much as I can see.

Synergy:

Well, she T-waves to cripple all the sweepers that can potentially threaten the team with speed and attack. She is also a good scouter for threats with U-turn. She counters gyarados which wall Moltres.

Tempest

Garchomp@Choice Scarf
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Fire Blast

Description:

He's the physical sweeper and he pretty much sets up and sweeps easy. I basically needed something with a a large attack and a good speed stat. This is fairly standard I guess. I chose Crunch to get chip a bit of health off of Cresselia.

The SD set seems usable, but speed is the only matter.

Synergy:

He eliminates threats which wall Moltres and Annihilates everything that can be killed by it.

Palisade

Hariyama@leftovers
Nature: Impish
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 76 HP, 180 Atk, 252 Def
-Force Palm
-Ice punch
-Whirlwind
-Knock off

Description:

It's pretty much standard. He's my Tyranitar counter since I have several psychic types on this team waiting to be destroyed by pursuit. Ice Punch is for Gliscors who think they can wall me and it may get me a suprise kill on dragon types.

I was considering a sleep talk set, but a phazer is always so useful...

Synergy:

Helps slow things down by force palm, whirlwind away things that try to set up on him and knock off items so that the rest of the team can take their opponents easier.

Wishmaster

Jirachi@Leftovers
Nature: Impish
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP, 56 Atk, 72 Def, 140 Spe
-Zen Headbutt
-Body Slam
-Wish
-U-turn

Description:

Well, he is this team's wish passer and paralysis support. Body slam is there for those ground typed annoyances that can't be hit by Thunderwave. Zen Headbutt can flinchhax with Serene grace's help. Another scouter for annoying the opponent. If only I had room for a dugtrio somewhere.

Don't think this could/should be changed that much.

Synergy:

He helps wish pass to Mesprit, Moltres and Hariyama for durability. Paralysis support for Moltres to sweep. It also covers all of Moltres' weaknesses.

That's about the team in general. Critique would be appreciated.

lol what can i say? i have a team that has 4/6 of these team members. i sorta wanna post some advice but i don't want my team to be exposed :D. i can see scarfgar giving you problems.

I concur with animenagai--also, who is going to take sleep?

Also the lack of special defense is rather worrysome, I guess you'll have to rely on resistances and revenge-killing x_x

I'll try it out and see for myself.

stockpile up gastrodon could sweep the team. Don't worry though, it is rare. Very rare. Maybe try restalk Hariama to help out a bit?

He could "take the sleep" for the team. That way, you could get guts verion. But alas, then it would lose 2 valuable resists.

lol what can i say? i have a team that has 4/6 of these team members. i sorta wanna post some advice but i don't want my team to be exposed :D. i can see scarfgar giving you problems.
Wow. Really? I'll try to find something to fix that... Jirachi would usually handle him though. Zen Headbutt OHKO's him, but whatever.

I concur with animenagai--also, who is going to take sleep?

Also the lack of special defense is rather worrysome, I guess you'll have to rely on resistances and revenge-killing x_x

I'll try it out and see for myself.
There's a lack of special defence? Hm... Getting rid of blissey seems to have left me with some holes to cover.

This topic made me want to go listen to Nightwish.
Cool, you got the point :D Anette sucks though. GO TARJA!

stockpile up gastrodon could sweep the team. Don't worry though, it is rare. Very rare. Maybe try restalk Hariama to help out a bit?

He could "take the sleep" for the team. That way, you could get guts verion. But alas, then it would lose 2 valuable resists.
Or, a sleep talker with thick fat. It could work, it's not necessary to have guts.

The lack of grass moves seem a little bad. Maybe Grass knot over Thunderbolt on Mesprit? Hm...

Ice Beam and Thunderbolt on Starmie offers better coverage than Ice beam Surf.
Hm... That's possible if I replaced Mesprit's T-bolt with grass knot...

Calcs for Grass knot for mesprit...

Mesprit on Bulkydos w/212 HP and 180 Def: Damage: 25.52% - 30.21%

That's pretty horrid.

Mesprit on Swampert w/max HP and SpD: Damage: 73.10% - 86.04%

Since Swampert almost always doesn't have 252 in HP and SpD, It's probably an OHKO.

Mesprit on gastrodon w/ 252 HP and SpD: Damage: 55.87% - 65.73%

I'm not sure if it's worth using Grass knot on Mesprit. :/

You could change Jirachi's EVs to 252HP/96SpDef/whatever @ Careful to cover the Gengar weakness. It is not even 2HKOed by SpecsGar.

You still need a sleep absorber, though. Go for STalk Hariyama

edit: btw, keep Thick Fat

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You're worried about Moltres only hitting as hard as Salamence, but you have to think about things. First of all, natures only give a 10% boost. So right now, you're only hitting for 10% more damage than you would if you used a Timid nature. Now you must think again. To reach 350 SpA, Salamence must run a +SpA nature, maxing its speed out at 299. Moltres however, can hit the same SpA, but reach 328 speed, which will outspeed quite a bit that Salamence wouldn't. Timid is definitly worth using over Modest.

I would really run Dragon Claw over Crunch on Garchomp, since Outrage is stronger than a SE Crunch. It's not like Crunch is going to be 2HKOing Cresselia anyways. Dragon Claw gives a second reliable STAB attack to hit with early in the game.

Stealth Rock really helps Choice pokemon in general, I would add it somewhere on either Mesprit or Jirachi.

You're still weak to Tyranitar, as Hariyama is still 3HKO'd by Earthquake from CBtar, and if it's DDtar, well then, you have a big problem on your hands once Hariyama takes just a little prior damage. I would change to a ResTalk set if I were you, to give Hariyama much more staying power throughout the battle, so that you don't lose to Tyranitar late game.

You're also a bit Azelf weak, but I'm really not sure how to fix that without changing your team around quite a bit.

Iggy, Moltres's max speed is 306 with a speed-boosting nature. Your thinking of Charizard. Hariyama does want resttalk, and you do need a way to guard against special threats, particularly Azelf like Iggy said

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)