RMT - Ubers

I've decided that I want to try and get back into Ubers (if I could even consider myself to be in to begin with), and so I need some help.

At A Glance

Metagross@Lum Berry
Adamant; 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 SpD

Explosion
Bullet Punch
Stealth Rock
Meteor Mash

Metagross leads the team, setting up Stealth Rock while powerfully smashing through Deoxys-E and Darkrai with its combination of Meteor Mash and Bullet Punch. Stealth Rock is crucial to the team, as it helps Scizor pick off weakened foes, ultimately aiding Kyogre and Dialga. Explosion allows it to go out with a bang, doing so much as OHKOing the standard Lugia if reflects is not up, and even then managing to KO it if Lugia switched into SR + Meteor Mash.

Palkia@Choice Scarf
Timid; 6 HP / 252 Spe / 252 SpA

Surf
Thunder
Spacial Rend
Drace Meteor

ScarfPalkia finds its way onto the team as a check to some of the metagame's top threats, including Scarf Kyogre and DDRay. Draco Meteor is used more in the early game and for revenge kills, while Thunder is always useful for enemy Kyogre and as a good move in general. Lategame, once everything is weakened and threats have been picked off, Palkia is able to do severe damage with its double STAB Surfs, and strong Spacial Rends.

Scizor@Life Orb
Adamant; 176 HP / 100 Atk / 232 SpD

Roost
U-Turn
Pursuit
Bullet Punch

Scizor complements Kyogre nicely, trapping and killing off Latias and Blissey while foiling Ludicolo’s plans for stalling with a simple U-Turn. This makes it a key member of the team, as there is very little other than the Lati twins that can stop CM Rest Kyogre. Bullet Punch remains a staple for its revenge killing potential, and Roost keeps Scizor alive as long as possible.

Latias@Soul Dew
Timid; 112 HP / 204 SpA / 192 Spe

Recover
Thunder
Calm Mind
Dragon Pulse

Latias finds herself on the team as a valuable check to opposing Kyogre, Palkia, and even Giratina. She provides some valuable speed for the team, as well as ground and fighting resists. Recover keeps her in top shape, while Calm Mind serves as an extra buffer against special attacks while powering up her Dragon Pulse and Thunder. While both Scizor and Tyranitar are an issue, Thunder was selected over Grass Knot because I have Tyranitar covered between Scizor and Kyogre.

Kyogre@Leftovers
Modest; 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe

Surf
Rest
Calm Mind
Sleep Talk

ResTalk Kyogre follows, being one of the 2 focuses of the team. With Scizor removing the Lati twins from play, there is very little that is capable of standing in the way as Kyogre simply boosts, rests, and washes everything ashore with its powerful Surf. It has a symbiotic relationship with Dialga in that, once Dialga has cleared the field of Blissey / Lati@s, Kyogre can much more easily sweep.

Dialga@Life Orb
Hasty; 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 196 Spe

Outrage
Thunder
Fire Blast
Draco Meteor

Mixed Dialga becomes the secondary focus of the team, because of the simple fact that it is extremely difficult to check. Deoxys-L, hailed as the only thing standing in its way, is 2HKOd 100% of the time with Outrage + Draco Meteor (without Stealth Rock). This allows Dialga to pick off members of the opposing team one by one. Specs Heatran, the only other thing that truly checks this, is swiftly dealth with by Kyogre, who appreciates Dialga's ability to catch Lati@s on the switch and kill with Outrage. The given speed EVs allow it to reach 290 speed, outpacing Adamant SDRay and anything below it.

Credit to serebiiforums, pokebeach, and gtsplus for the images.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Not bad, but I'd like to suggest a few fixes.

-CB is not a good idea on lead Metagross, since with it Metagross fails to match up well to common leads. What you should do is replace it with Lum Berry, and replace EQ with Bullet Punch. This allows to to beat Deoxys and Darkrai leads with ease, while giving you some useful priority. If you do this, take all of your S Def EVS and throw them into Attack to retain a good amount of power.

-Dialga is cool, but I noticed that your team is Lucario weak. It can set up on Scizor for mostly free and can easily sweep your whole team. A simple fix is to change the EV spread to Hasty 6 Atk/252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed. With it you can outpace and OHKO most Lucario before they can move while still retaining tons of power.

-Palkia is good, but your team has a huge Dragon Dance Rayquaza weakness. (Kyogre fails to outspeed Jolly variants, Scizor does nowhere near enough with BP.) I would recommend switching to Scarf since you don't really need two mixed attackers. If you do this, switch to Timid nature and put Draco Meteor over Aqua Tail. (Always OHKOes Darkrai.)

-Scizor is cool. If you find its not powerful enough you can try Choice Band on it though. With it you can always 2HKO Rayquaza and Garchomp with BP iirc, but I only recommend this if you find that they still give you issues.

-Latias is fine.

-Kyogre, IMO the Scarf set isn't the best choice for a late game sweeper set since there are so many things that can wall it, like Dialga / Blissey/ Lati@s/ and Palkia. Since you now have Scarf Palkia (Who is arguably better since it is harder to wall), I would make Kyogre into another set. I think a Bulky Rest Talk CM Kyogre will serve you best. Not only does it give you a nice Groudon counter for the rest of your team, it also poses a huge threat to stall teams and is just plain hard to take down. It can also sweep easily since Scizor easily Pursuits Latias, RestTalkCM Kyogre's biggest counter.

That's all I can think of. Your team is pretty cool.

Not bad, but I'd like to suggest a few fixes.

-CB is not a good idea on lead Metagross, since with it Metagross fails to match up well to common leads. What you should do is replace it with Lum Berry, and replace EQ with Bullet Punch. This allows to to beat Deoxys and Darkrai leads with ease, while giving you some useful priority. If you do this, take all of your S Def EVS and throw them into Attack to retain a good amount of power.

I will go ahead and change it to Lum Berry, and do Bullet Punch over EQ with max attack.

-Dialga is cool, but I noticed that your team is Lucario weak. It can set up on Scizor for mostly free and can easily sweep your whole team. A simple fix is to change the EV spread to Hasty 6 Atk/252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed. With it you can outpace and OHKO most Lucario before they can move while still retaining tons of power.

Got it. But I would like some attack EVs, so I'll just go enough for 280 speed. Is that okay?

-Palkia is good, but your team has a huge Dragon Dance Rayquaza weakness. (Kyogre fails to outspeed Jolly variants, Scizor does nowhere near enough with BP.) I would recommend switching to Scarf since you don't really need two mixed attackers. If you do this, switch to Timid nature and put Draco Meteor over Aqua Tail. (Always OHKOes Darkrai.)

Got it.

-Scizor is cool. If you find its not powerful enough you can try Choice Band on it though. With it you can always 2HKO Rayquaza and Garchomp with BP iirc, but I only recommend this if you find that they still give you issues.

-Latias is fine.

-Kyogre, IMO the Scarf set isn't the best choice for a late game sweeper set since there are so many things that can wall it, like Dialga / Blissey/ Lati@s/ and Palkia. Since you now have Scarf Palkia (Who is arguably better since it is harder to wall), I would make Kyogre into another set. I think a Bulky Rest Talk CM Kyogre will serve you best. Not only does it give you a nice Groudon counter for the rest of your team, it also poses a huge threat to stall teams and is just plain hard to take down. It can also sweep easily since Scizor easily Pursuits Latias, RestTalkCM Kyogre's biggest counter.

I like it, it gives me an idea of what to do with the rest of the team.

That's all I can think of. Your team is pretty cool.
Thanks, I'll implement the changes now.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Got it. But I would like some attack EVs, so I'll just go enough for 280 speed. Is that okay?
I would run at least 290 Speed actually, so you can outpace Adamant SD Rayquaza, in case you run into problems against it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)