RMT: Under 500

My team theme is to use pokemon under 500 total base stat points. Most of the team works well except for the last slot. I cannot put my finger on what I want it to do.

Here it is:

Changes in BOLD

Ace (Ambipom) (M) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Brick Break
- Payback

My Lead. Drops a high powered Fake Out, then U-turns to safety. This thing has saved my butt several times. I ran Double Hit > Payback for a while but I think that Payback might be more useful for Ghost Switch-ins.

Doodle (Gengar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick
- Thunderbolt

The ScarfGar. Mainly here to come in on Gyarados and Salamence before they can do damage. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast cover everything for at least neutral. I am considering Throwing in some Atk Evs and Focus Punch for Blissey/Ttar/Lax switch-ins.

Timber (Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 32 HP/224 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brick Break
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Late game Sweeping. Roost takes care of the Life Orb Damage. I opt'd for more speed since Swords Dance + Life Orb will be helping me out on offense. Brick Break takes care of Non-Scarf Heatran and Magnezone. Bullet Punch for sheer dominance.

Wobbles (Spiritomb) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/140 SAtk/116 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Acts as a sort of special sponge. I figure the two ghosts aren't a bad idea since this one has no weakness and an immunity. This serves as a main defense against a ScarfTran but that will only work so often. RestTalk for longevity.

Fabio (Weezing) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Pain Split
- Thunderbolt
- Will-o-wisp

Gyarados hates this kid. After a single DD, Waterfall won't kill...flinch is lame but more often than not, They either try to taunt the Will-o-Wisp or eat the incoming Thunderbolt. Black Sludge > Leftover in case something tries to Trick it....and I like being different.

Scrubbles (Gastrodon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 212 HP/252 Def/44 SAtk
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam / Surf
- Recover
- Toxic

This is the newest pokemon to audition for my team and I have to say that is has been the most successful. While Ice Beam hits those fliers who want to switch into the EQ, Surf gives me something against Skarmory. I could even go HP: Electric for Gyarados but I think Gengar and Weezing handle that end. Toxic is for the bulky pokemon. Earthquake is nice STAB and takes care of the those who are immune to Toxic unless they fly but I have that covered as well. Recover keeps it around to spread the good news.

At this point my main concerns are Infernape, Jirachi, Skarmory, Zapdos, and Heatran. They can really molest my team if one or more of the members are down'd. I need a last pokemon to really help that out.

Let me know what you all think.

6th slot Options:

Bandit (Dugtrio) (M) @ Choice Band / Scarf
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Aerial Ace

Mainly used as a revenge killer due to Arena Trap. It could catch Blissey/Heatran/Lax/Electric Pokemon and finish them for me if I time it right. prediction is very key since this thing can't take hits worth piss.

Seymour Jr (Magneton) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Grass/Ground]
- Thunderbolt
- Reflect / Explosion

Magnezone has too many base stat points to be on the team but I think that Magneton can still bring the hurt. HP Ground could hit other Magnezone or maybe even a non-ScarfTran. Reflect is mainly filler. I figure it could throw up a screen if I predict a switch to something that resists. HP Grass could serve for Swampert support. Maybe Explosion for Blissey?

Marlboro (Tauros) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Zen Headbutt
- Return

Sheer attacking Power is the benefit of this pokemon. Pursuit is for the frail pokemon trying to switch out. Return is the primary attack with Earthquake for the Rock or Steels that resist. Zen Headbutt can catch Weezing/Gengar on the switch.

The first thing I noticed is that this team does not have SR. I suggest replacing your Ambipom for the following Pokemon:

Infernape (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk/252Spe
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
• Endeavor
• Stealth Rock
• Close Combat
• Fake Out​

This is one of the best anti-leads and one of the best offesnive pokemon that can set up Stealth Rock. Kills the CB-Tar leads that are running around all over the place, Fake Out other Focus Sash leads to negate them, and then proceed to set up SR and switch to an appropriate counter. Endeavor also brings down bulky waters if you are on 1% HP after killing their lead. I suggest you replace this with Magmortar.​
Infernape has a base stat total HIGHER than 500.

Stealth Rocks isn't a necessity in my book.

The Speed on Scizor is to outspeed other Scizor and hit them with a neutral damaging Brick Break. It also helps when people EV their Magnezone to just be faster than the Standard.

If you provide me with some calculations that prove Spd > Atk as inferior, then so be it.

REMEMBER: No pokemon can have higher than 500 total base stat points.

Gengar could use some work. If you're not going to run Scarf on it, there are a TON of really useful options you can run on it, most of which are more worthwhile than a little coverage. If sheer damage is all you're going for, why not Specs? But I digress.

Coverage should not be your #1 concern with Gengar. Fighting + Ghost has perfect neutrality coverage. This opens up some moveslots. Substitute can be used on one slot, which allows Focus Punch to be used over Focus Blast (which, with a few Attack EVs, can OHKO Blissey and should always OHKO Ttar). Alternately, Hypnosis can be used, which provides a sleeper for your team. A third powerful option is Explosion. If you still want to run Tbolt and/or HP Ice (or Fire) for coverage on specific things, you can put one of these into a slot, but one of these other options is likely better.

If your point is to counter things like Salamence and Gyarados (with Bolt and HP Ice), Scarf is your weapon of choice. This allows you to come in as they Dragon Dance and outspeed for the OHKO.

I am going to ScarfGar. I still need something decisive for that final slot.
If you're running Scarfgar, Trick is a very good option. I would suggest running it over Shadow Ball. Despite Shadow Ball's STAB, it doen't provide coverage on anything in particular you'd want to revenge kill or switch into as they stat-up to stop from sweeping. Additionally, it can cripple one of Gengar's main counters and frequent switch-in: Blissey.
One other thing is that for the role of Scarfed Ghost, a Rotom Forme might be preferred. Much more Bulky, better typing, Electric STAB, access to Discharge, access to powerful Moves. Timid Max Speed ScarfRotom outspeeds Gyara after a Dragon Dance and outspeeds almost any Salamence after a Dragon Dance (with the speed EVs listed on the analysis page or with Speed EVs to outrun Timid ScarfTran after a DD). It also resists Bullet Punch and can pack Overheat on top of an Electric move and HP Ice, allowing him to effectively threaten Lucario and Scizors who attempt a SD or CB Priority sweep, while Gengar cannot. Timid Rotom-h @Choice Scarf w/ Discharge/HP Ice/Overheat/Trick, EVs: 36 HP/252 Speed/222 Special Attack has been serving me greatly in a slot that used to contain Scarf Gengar. I highly recommend it.

As for your last slot, the three threats you've mentioned can best be solved by something like Cresselia. All three of those are special attackers that Cresselia could sponge fairly easily.

As much as I appreciate the input, It doesn't seem to be clear that the pokemon on the team need to have UNDER 500 TOTAL base stat points. The other Rotom Forms and Cresselia all have well over 500.

There is a reason I am having difficulty dealing with Skarmory, Heatran, Jirachi, and some others: I can't use the readily available counters.

Help me find pokemon WITH 500 TOTAL BASE STAT POINTS OR LOWER to counter the pokemon that are screwin' me up.

Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)