RMT [UU], "2500 Degrees(F)"

Okay, well this RMT is going to be quite different, as I am going to do Team building first, because it is really important to understand how I though of this team. If you must, you can just skip to the team, but I do recommend you read the team building part (the reason im doing it first)

Background: Well someone named Kenshin, PM'd me and said "OMG HEYSUP you are the best! Lets make a team!" (Well maybe cut out the first part.....). I said "Ok....what kind of team do you want..." and thats how it started. This is the process I went through with my (now) friend:

Team Building:

To make an effective team, you basically do the process we did.

Pick a type of Team:
a) Offense
b) Stall
c) Weather
d) Perma-Weather
e) Balance

Then what we did after we picked Offensive, is picked a strategy, aka a Pokemon to finish the opponent off with. Taking into account that we picked offensive, there were a couple options for the late game sweeper:

Late-game sweeper:
a) CM sweeper (e.g Missy or Espeon)

b) Swords Dance Sweeper (e.g. Drapion or Zangoose)
c) Any Scarfer (e.g. Magmortar)
d) Agility Sweeper (e.g. Moltres or Blaziken)
e) Specs/Bander (e.g. Espeon or Azumaril)
f) Guts/Quick Feet Sweeper (e.g. Swellow or Ursaring)

Missy is a great late game sweeper with it's immunities and awesome Speed+SpA.

Then you need a Core. This core starts off with a Normal resist, which is ALWAYS important, and it also should set up Stealth Rock, that left us with:

a) Registeel
b) Steelix
c) Regirock

d) <insert Bulky Steel/Rock>

This is for taking Normal/Flying and ETC hits, because Swellow is tough to wall otherwise. Among other Pokemon. We Picked Regirock, because Steelix and Registeel are much to easy to lure out and counter lately, and Fire Switch-ins are rather hard to come by. We originally picked Steelix, but I decided Regirock fits better as a good Fire switch in.

To back up this core, you need something to cover their weaknesses, for Regirock, that is Water, Grass, Fighting, Ground and Steel. Steel is not important, and We have Missy for fighting and Ground attacks:

a) Bulky water
b) Shaymin / Venusaur / Roserade

c) Toxicroak to Immune water attacks, with something to immune Ground.

So for our team, we picked offensive, Missy, with Regirock and Shaymin. Now since we have an offensive team, we want a general Wall Breaker, but first we need to go over Missys counters. Registeel is obviously the most common CMissy counter, so we want something to take that out. Missy also hates Defensive Drapion, Honchkrow, Physical Spiritomb, etc.

Now this wall breaker should include a good way to counter most of those quite easily:

a) Blaziken

b) Nidoking
c) Magmortar
d) Etc, any mixed attacker really.

Nidoking was also considered, but to be honest, nothing can handle Spiritomb like Blaziken. Blaziken 2HKOs off most of them with a Fire Blast + any non-fighting attack. It also obviously takes out Registeel quite easily, and doesnt mind the Thunder Wave too much. Also, in general, Blaziken is the best wallbreaker due to being able to 2HKO almost the entire Metagame. Its also my favorite Pokemon. People love using my set hehe...including me.

Next you want something to Lure out your late game sweepers main counter, and away to counter it, and for Missy thats Registeel, so Pokmeon such as:

So for the lure:
a) Trick Specs Espeon

b) Normal U-turn

Come to mind. And I thought, why not both! Espeon lures out Registeel, and can take it out with a couple HP Grounds/Fightings, or by Tricking it Choice Specs. I needed a Lead anyway. So Pokemon that can lead well, and U-turn with a normal type.

Normal U-turn Choice:
a) Swellow
b) Ambipom

Ambipom can work as a great shut-down lead, so we picked that for its U-turn, which allows me to bring out Blaziken on the obvious Steel switchins.

So that left me with a team that worked something like this. Presenting....

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Team 2500 Degrees(F)

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

The name was chosen because the whole premise of the team is to take out Registeel/Missy Counters. Registeel is....Steel...which is metal...I think you get the point. At the tempurature of 2500 Degrees Ferenheit (sp?), Steel is at its melting point. Plus it sounds cool, no?

Lets get on with the team.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ambipom (M) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Double Hit
---

Role Summary: Ambipom has many very important roles. Firstly, it is the Shut-down lead, which stops set up teams such as weather or trick room be set up with ease. Its second role is luring out the Steel types for Blaziken to destroy. Registeel and Steelix are the most common switch ins, and they both slow down Missy. So what I do, is Fake Out, then on Registeel, I taunt and U-turn, on Steelix I just U-turn because if I taunt he MAY think about Earthquaking, if I dont taunt he will either Gyro Ball or Stealth Rock, predicting if I switch or Taunt.

Moveset: Double Hit is great for revenge killing annoying Pokemon, especially SubRoost Moltres. Other than that, its pretty self explanitory.

EVs and Nature: Well Ambipom doesnt have many options....Jolly to be VROOM VROOM fast.

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Explosion
---

Role Summary: Regirock also has a couple roles, firstly, its my cushion to fall on for Fire types and Normal type attacks. Its other role is to Paralyze things for Blaziken, so he can even start breaking some of the Offense. Stealth Rock is very important, it seccurs Blaziken some 2HKOs, such as on Milotic. Haze Milotic can be annoying for my Missy, and Regirock is a great lure, because it can then go BOOM, no more Milotic.

Moveset: I chose Twave+Rock slide, because I wanted to make a moveset similar to Registeels, which works so well. Paraflinch + Amazing defenses = Fun.

EVs and Nature: Well Regirock has 436 defense w/o EVs or Nature, so i dumped the rest into SpDef....

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Synthesis
---

Role Summary: Shaymin is basically the Glue for this team. It is the teams OH SHIT! guy. Shaymin is ridiculous beyond beleif in this metagame, switching in so easily and having perfect coverage, and a base 120 STAB attack to boot. It helps me absorb water attacks quite well, and is also my main switch in for othe Shaymin.

Moveset: The only different thing about this moveset, is Synthesis over Rest. Synthesis Shaymins beat rest shaymins, and Shaymin is my Shaymin switch in.....ya. Though, I usually send in Regirock, then Missy to take the EP. Air Slash hits the other Shaymin and Roserades.

EVs and Nature: Standard max SpA and Speed. Timid to outspeed other Shaymin.

Blaziken (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 236 Atk/20 Spd/252 SAtk
Rash nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Fire Blast
- Vacuum Wave
---

Role Summary: I have used this on so many teams, I may as well copy paste the role summary....but i wont. Blaziken is the Steel breaker, on the team, he gets Uturned to by ambipom on steels, and then proceeds to Blow things up with Fire Blast. The opponent then has a choice, Leave their steels in, or risk losing their offensive Pokemon. Either puts me in a favorable position. This is the furnace that makes the temperature reach the scorching 2500 Degrees (f).

Moveset: Fire Blast and Superpower for STABs, and hitting Chansey and Steels and everything. HP electric hits Waters hard after I use Superpower, and it also hits Moltres. Vacuum Wave is great for Revenge killing and is quite powerful with STAB, Max SpA and Life Orb.

EVs and Nature: 20 Speed outspeeds Milotic, and rest dumped into attack for awesome Wallbreaking capabilities.

Espeon (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Psychic
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Baton Pass
---
Role Summary: Espeon has a main role, which is the Lure. Clefable or Chansey can switch in, to be tricked Choice Specs and be lold at, allowing missy easier set up, though it has no trouble against Chansey. Hidden Power Ground keeps my speed at 350 and still hits the Steels. Baton Pass scouts counters for trick....Espeon is my back up sweeper, because Missy can do similar things for Espeon with their similar counters.

Moveset: Trick gets rid of the counters switching in, while Psychic is for powerful STAB attacks. HP ground is for Steels, and Baton Pass helps me scout counters.

EVs and Nature: Max Speed + Timid for quickness, and Max SpA for counter-breaking. With Such high speed, Espeon is an excellent Revenge Killer.

Mismagius (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 48 HP/252 Spd/208 SAtk
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Substitute
---

Role Summary: The late game sweeper really has one role, Calm Mind late game, and sweep. It also takes Fighting attacks quite well, and if Shaymin gets owned, then it can take Ground attacks too.

Moveset: CM+Sub for stat boosting and blocking status and crits. Shadow Ball + HP Fighting for perfect coverage.

EVs and Nature: I came up with this EV Spread, its much better for UU imo then the standard on Smogon. 44 HP gives Missy a leftovers number, allowing it to substitute a couple more times. Max Speed is important, because then I can outspeed other Missys who use HP Fighting...which is all of them. The rest is put into Missys SpA.

This is one of the best teams I have made, well, at least I havent lost with it yet. I would like to thank Kenshin for asking me for help, and making it a fun time to make this team together even though we live in complete different time zones...lol. The only alterations i made were Regirock over Steelix, to deal with Scarfed Fire Types, and Synthesis over Rest on Shaymin, its personal preference tbh.

Rate / Hate / Steal*!

*Kenshin (and I) would prefer if you "stole" the team only for testing it out, for your own purposes or for help. If you like the team, nothing is stopping you from making a similar team the same way as this one was made.

Testing:
This is what im testing, Bolded Italics means I added it in.

-BP>Signal Beam on Espeon
-Flamethrower > Fire Blast on Blaziken
-Lum Berry > Silk Scarf on Ambipom

Threat List
Thanks to LR.

Defensive Threats

Articuno - Registeel, but generally Stealth Rock makes it easy enough to take out, and its Toxic wont hurt the team, with the exception of Missy.

Blastoise - Missy Blocks spin, Blaziken can 2HKO with Fire Blast + HP most of the time.

Chansey - Blaziken breaks walls! Missy can set up on this too, because it cant hit ghosts.

Claydol - Missy can set up here too, and block spin.

Clefable - Becareful while trying to use Missy against this because of Encore, Blaziken or Espeon are probably the best bet in taking it out.

Cradily - This will only be seen on SS teams, but Blaziken can OHKO with superpower.

Drapion - Defensive drapions usually lead, so Ambipom can taunt to prevent Toxic Spikes.

Gastrodon - Espeon can come in on weak attacks, and start shooting STAB 540+ SpA Psychics! Shaymin is actually an even better counter.

Kangaskhan - Regirock can usually deal with this quite easily.

Lanturn - Shaymin makes a great switch, with Natural cure and resisting both of Lanturns stabs.

Mesprit - Espeon can switch in to scout for Trick, and then it can start nailing things with its attacks and scouting for walls suc has registeel.

Milotic - Shaymin can take this out, but if it switches in on Blazikens superpower, you can KO it with HP electric.

Miltank - Blaziken OHKOs easily.

Muk - Espeon OHKOS easily.

Nidoqueen -Espeon OHKOS easily.

Porygon2 - Blaziken OHKOs easily, but is also set up bait for missy.

Probopass - When this comes in on Steelix, make sure the first thing you do is Roar, they ALWAYS magnet rise first.

Quagsire - Shaymin.

Regigigas - Set up fodder for missy :D.

Regirock - Shaymin is a good switch in, and can hit it with STAB Seed Flare.

Regice - Blaziken OHKOs this in all kinds of ways, the most difficult thing is choosing how you want to break this ice cube.

Registeel - Blaziken and Espeon work together, to either take it out, or cripple it with Trick.

Shuckle - Can be annoying, but the best idea is to get Ambipom in and taunt it. Though Regirock hurts it with Super Effective Paraflinch.

Slowbro - Blaziken 2HKOs, and thats the only thing it can switch in on (besides Steelix). Shaymin is a good switch too.

Spiritomb - Blaziken is a great switch in, as its immune to WoW and Dark Pulse, while also 2HKOing with Fire Blast.

Torterra - Shaymin is awesome.

Umbreon - Blaziken OHKOs easily.

Uxie - Same as Mesprit, but is most likely A Dual Screener, so taunt it asap.

Offensive Threats

Absol - Regirock can take a Superpower, and OHKO with EQ. Blaziken can OHKO with Vacuum Wave too lol.

Altaria - Regirock takes care of this quite easily :D.

Ambipom - Regirock walls completely, because it will usually taunt you before U-turning. Predict the U-turn to get Blaziken out on the feild, and keeping your opponent on their heels.

Arcanine - Shaymin usually OHKOS with Earthpower, as well as Blaziken usually OHKOs with Superpower. Regirock easily switches in.

Azumarill - Shaymin is the best for this.

Blaziken - Espeon takes this out on the revenge kill, Regirock can switch in on anything but Superpower.

Charizard - Same as Blaziken, just not as strong. Missy can probably set up on this. Be careful though, but Regirock handles it quite well.

Drapion - Regirock can live through a +2 EQ, and either explode or Cripple it.

Espeon - Regirock or your own Espeon are good bets here. Even Missy is fine.

Feraligatr - Shaymin is a good bet, as most dont carry Ice Punch.

Floatzel - Same as above.

Glaceon - Could be annoying, but Blaziken is generally a decent switch. Regirock is generally a better switch.

Hariyama - Espeon blows this up.

Hitmonlee - and this....

Hitmonchan - and this...

Hitmontop - and this...

Honckrow - Regirock only takes 56% max from Superpower, so it can easily KO with Rock Slide.

Houndoom - Blaziken resists both stabs. Regirock can deal with it quite easily too.

Kabutops - Tough in rain, but Ambipom should stop it from getting set up. Regirock can survive a waterfall without a Swords Dance, and thunder wave.

Linoone - Always attack, but if you cant then just go to Regirock, who always beats it.

Magmortar - Regirock switches in quite easily, but beware of Focus Blast.

Marowak - Shaymin is a good switch generally.

Medicham - Missy is a great switch, as it makes Hi jump kick do 50% to Medicham.

Mismagius - Regirock is a good initial switch if it comes in on Shaymin. Otherwise just attack it.

Nidoking - Shaymin is a very good switch, because it never carries Sludge Bomb.

Omastar - Shaymin is good for this, just be careful of ice beam, keep Shaymin Healthy against Rain Dance teams.

Pinsir - Missy is agood switch, as is Regirock.

Poliwrath - Shaymin is a good switch here, try not to give it a sub though.

Roserade -Taunt it! Dont let too many spikes get up! Scarf ones are predicted around quite easily.

Sceptile - Shaymin walls it.

Scyther - Regirock walls this to hell and back.

Shaymin - Tough, but usually Missy is good if it come sin against Blaziken or Steelix, as it will likely Earthpower. If I expect a Seed Flare I can go to Blaziken, and then go to Missy.

Swellow - Regirock Walls.

Tauros - Regirock can wall temporarily. Missy is immune to its shit too.

Typhlosion - Regirock switches in quite well. Just beware of Focus Blast.

Ursaring - Missy is usually a good switch, as you can stall its Toxic out with sub.

Venusaur - Set up bait for Missy and espeon/Blaziken OHKO it.

This team looks really good and strangely similar to one I've been using lol.

Mine: Ambipom / Registeel / Venusaur / Moltres / SpecsGardevoir / Hariyama
Yours: Ambipom / Regirock / Shaymin / Blaziken / SpecsEspeon / Mismagius

The only advice I can give is to replace Silk Scarf with a Focus Sash on Ambipom. Not only does it mean that you can survive if you mispredict on Registeel leads and it Gyro Balls you, it also means you can switch in repeatedly and threaten anything that's set up on you.

Other than that, well done! Excellent job. :)

This team looks really good and strangely similar to one I've been using lol.

Mine: Ambipom / Registeel / Venusaur / Moltres / SpecsGardevoir / Hariyama
Yours: Ambipom / Regirock / Shaymin / Blaziken / SpecsEspeon / Mismagius

The only advice I can give is to replace Silk Scarf with a Focus Sash on Ambipom. Not only does it mean that you can survive if you mispredict on Registeel leads and it Gyro Balls you, it also means you can switch in repeatedly and threaten anything that's set up on you.

Other than that, well done! Excellent job. :)
Well I guess the major difference is the late Game sweeper of mine, Mismagius. Your team is much much more defensive.

Anyway, Focus Sash is ratheruseless on ambipom, because it is not a suicide lead. After Stealth Rock is in play, ìm just using an itemless Ambipom in that case. Silk Scarf gives him a ton more Power, and can revenge kill much more effectively. So thanks for the advice, but I think ill pass on this one.

And thank you for the complements :D.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Lol, your team structure is so similar to mine, with four pokemon in common.

About Mismagius, the standard on Smogon works really well for a reason: It allows you to take some physical attacks, most notably Azumarill's Aqua Jet. Additionally, Registeel's Ice Punch doesn't always break your Sub. However, if it works for you, then I don't need to fix it.

On Blaziken... what are the advantages of HP Electric over Grass, and does Fire Blast secure any notable KOes/2HKOes that Flamethrower doesn't? If it doesn't then you might as well run Flamethrower, as Blaziken can't actually afford to miss.

According to your threat list, you don't have problems against anything. But surely there is something that gives you problems?

All in all, this is a great team.

The team looks very solid, and obviously you have much success with it. Here's my thoughts:

I think we had a game in which your Blaziken's Fire Blast missed, costing you the game severely. However, FB has the extra power to put most Slowbro into KO range of HP. Other than that, I'm always antsy about using FB over FT. Ken's FT does loads of damage anyway and it can't afford to take any hits except a support U-turn (SR Life Orb Spikes...). It's always been my preference to use FT over FB. Sometimes FB is an unnecessary risk like if you just need decent STAB damage to win (ie your last Pokemon Ken versus Venusaur and Uxie.)

How does your team deal with SubRoost Articuno and Moltres? A dedicated bird trio user will have a way to reliably deal with you frail Spin blocker, so don't rely on SR to much. Spinning isn't a completely lost cause. Arrticuno and Moltres have an relatively easy time coming into Shaymin even with SR. They can Roost and Sub up and then spread Toxic to your team. Toxic will greatly hinder Regirock's chances to scare them away.

Speaking of, you should really consider a Toxic Spikes remover. Regirock is practically dead with them on the field. Ambipom's switches will be more restricted as it Toxic stalls itself to death with Fake Out + U-turn. With SR, LO, and Poison, Blaziken loses about 1/3 of its health just by coming into make an attack that maybe be countered. Shaymin's Synthesis is pretty much worthless if it's Toxicked. I've seen fewer TS users, though. I think everyone just assumes that the opponent has a grounded Poison. What happened to that lovely TS-sucker Roserade of yours?

I see that you switch Blaziken into Glaceon... it's resisted but still hits like a truck. Regirock should fare better even with HP Fighting; Fake Tears this! Regirock is your best bet to take a STAB Ice Beam, because everything else can't take it well at all. There aren't many STAB Ice users outside of a Hail team, so I guess it's not too big of a concern.

How does your team deal with Rotom and STAB Thunderbolts in general? Regirock seems like the best bet, but it's no Registeel when it comes to taking repeat Special hits from a variety of foes. An offensive Rotom can come into Ambipom and Blaziken pretty easily and really wreck your team with its STAB assaults. It can WoW that Regirock while its at it. I recommend using Nidoking to take the predicted Electric move (T-Wave too). Every offensive team should have at least 2 Pokemon to take Thunder Waves. I guess Shaymin can take Thunderbolts, scare Rotom away, and Synthesis off the damage. Rotom's Shadow Ball can do a number on your team too.

Sandstream isn't friendly to your team at all, since Regirock can at best just stall (Toxic death). Sandstream will pick off your team quick if you can't win soon. Your main offenses don't have reliable recovery to recover in the sand, Blaziken is smothered (LO + SR + sand OUCH). Shaymin's LO and low recovery Synthesis will hurt. Mismagius really needs Leftovers recovery to SubCM sweep, especially against SpDef-boosted foes.

Try out Nidoking. It's great at wall breaking if you can predict keenly. It's move prediction-based to use that Ken, but people are much more accustomed to counter Ken. Nidoking gets a priority move too, Sucker Punch. Plus, Nidoking can suck up those damn Toxic Spikes and switch into Toxic too. Thunderbolts and Thunder Waves go here. Sandstream immune too boot. :) The downside is that Spiritomb is much harder to deal with if Espeon cannot Trick.

Wow I really ramble a lot. I really love your Blaziken even though I bash about its frailty. Awesome set! Good luck and see you at the voting booth! or voting thread...

Lol, your team structure is so similar to mine, with four pokemon in common.

About Mismagius, the standard on Smogon works really well for a reason: It allows you to take some physical attacks, most notably Azumarill's Aqua Jet. Additionally, Registeel's Ice Punch doesn't always break your Sub. However, if it works for you, then I don't need to fix it.

On Blaziken... what are the advantages of HP Electric over Grass, and does Fire Blast secure any notable KOes/2HKOes that Flamethrower doesn't? If it doesn't then you might as well run Flamethrower, as Blaziken can't actually afford to miss.

According to your threat list, you don't have problems against anything. But surely there is something that gives you problems?

All in all, this is a great team.
Well in PMs I explained why Standard Missy was fairly Pointless. Registeels ALWAYS have Iron head, I have never seen one without. Azumarills AJ still breaks the sub....

On Blaziken, Fire Blast is definately my preference, even though I get pissed off when it misses. Fire Blast gets 2hKOS on Slowbro, Uxie, Blastoise, and many others. FireBlast OHKOs Drapion and the like too. A Fire Blast allows Spiritomb to be KOd with an HP, unlike Flamethrower as well. I dont use Blaziken as a 1v1 Pokemon, I use it as a blowing shit up that switches in Pokemon.

And the only things that "Gave" me problems so far, (though I still havent lost...lol), were Scarfed Fire-types when I used Steelix, but I fixed that and now nothing really has done much since.

The team looks very solid, and obviously you have much success with it. Here's my thoughts:

I think we had a game in which your Blaziken's Fire Blast missed, costing you the game severely. However, FB has the extra power to put most Slowbro into KO range of HP. Other than that, I'm always antsy about using FB over FT. Ken's FT does loads of damage anyway and it can't afford to take any hits except a support U-turn (SR Life Orb Spikes...). It's always been my preference to use FT over FB. Sometimes FB is an unnecessary risk like if you just need decent STAB damage to win (ie your last Pokemon Ken versus Venusaur and Uxie.)
Ill TRY it. I did calcs a while ago with EUM, and decided that Fire Blast was superior. If only because of Slowbro...thats still worth it imo.

How does your team deal with SubRoost Articuno and Moltres? A dedicated bird trio user will have a way to reliably deal with you frail Spin blocker, so don't rely on SR to much. Spinning isn't a completely lost cause. Arrticuno and Moltres have an relatively easy time coming into Shaymin even with SR. They can Roost and Sub up and then spread Toxic to your team. Toxic will greatly hinder Regirock's chances to scare them away.
Espeon, it doesnt mind the Toxic, and it synchronises it back. If they dont Substitute, I can trick them as well, otherwise spam Psychic. Articuno doesnt fall as easily, because of its awesome SpD, but it still usually works. Its quite easy to play around actually. Blaziken is a last resort, with HP Electric and nice resistances. Regirock can usually do fine too. They arent really STRONG enough to stall out the team. Actually come to think of it, i usually use missy to beat them, a Couple CMs and their Flamethrowers dont even break the subs. I think im fairly well equipt for these :).

Speaking of, you should really consider a Toxic Spikes remover. Regirock is practically dead with them on the field. Ambipom's switches will be more restricted as it Toxic stalls itself to death with Fake Out + U-turn. With SR, LO, and Poison, Blaziken loses about 1/3 of its health just by coming into make an attack that maybe be countered. Shaymin's Synthesis is pretty much worthless if it's Toxicked. I've seen fewer TS users, though. I think everyone just assumes that the opponent has a grounded Poison. What happened to that lovely TS-sucker Roserade of yours?
No one uses Tspikes anymore, which is why i completely disregarded it when i made this team. With Roserade and Drapion being incredibly Popular, Toxic Spikes are seriously useless in the metagame. Even if there is one Pokemon who uses it, I have Taunt on Ambipom for a reason, they wont get them out easily. Same with Spikes and SR. Most importantly, Missy is immune, which is all that really matters.

I see that you switch Blaziken into Glaceon... it's resisted but still hits like a truck. Regirock should fare better even with HP Fighting; Fake Tears this! Regirock is your best bet to take a STAB Ice Beam, because everything else can't take it well at all. There aren't many STAB Ice users outside of a Hail team, so I guess it's not too big of a concern.
Sorry, lol. I made my THreat list with Steelix > Regirock. Now that I have regirock, I have a better Glaceon switch in.

How does your team deal with Rotom and STAB Thunderbolts in general? Regirock seems like the best bet, but it's no Registeel when it comes to taking repeat Special hits from a variety of foes. An offensive Rotom can come into Ambipom and Blaziken pretty easily and really wreck your team with its STAB assaults. It can WoW that Regirock while its at it. I recommend using Nidoking to take the predicted Electric move (T-Wave too). Every offensive team should have at least 2 Pokemon to take Thunder Waves. I guess Shaymin can take Thunderbolts, scare Rotom away, and Synthesis off the damage. Rotom's Shadow Ball can do a number on your team too.
Regirock doesnt mind, and Rotom has trouble coming in on anything besides a Fake Out or Double hit from Ambipom. The difference between Regirock and Registeel, is that Regirock can actually hurt a bit, and Registeel especially cant touch rotom. Rotom is fairly uncommon too, but its rather weak when it shows up, the worst case scenario is that Shaymin loses a bit of HP.

Sandstream isn't friendly to your team at all, since Regirock can at best just stall (Toxic death). Sandstream will pick off your team quick if you can't win soon. Your main offenses don't have reliable recovery to recover in the sand, Blaziken is smothered (LO + SR + sand OUCH). Shaymin's LO and low recovery Synthesis will hurt. Mismagius really needs Leftovers recovery to SubCM sweep, especially against SpDef-boosted foes.
Try out Nidoking. It's great at wall breaking if you can predict keenly. It's move prediction-based to use that Ken, but people are much more accustomed to counter Ken. Nidoking gets a priority move too, Sucker Punch. Plus, Nidoking can suck up those damn Toxic Spikes and switch into Toxic too. Thunderbolts and Thunder Waves go here. Sandstream immune too boot. :) The downside is that Spiritomb is much harder to deal with if Espeon cannot Trick.

Wow I really ramble a lot. I really love your Blaziken even though I bash about its frailty. Awesome set! Good luck and see you at the voting booth! or voting thread...
The reason I picked Blaziken, is because it breaks Missys counters. I may try nidoking, because I really do <3 Nidoking too (though not as much as Blaziken), but I think this time my Blaziken bias is in the right place, Nidoking is really not as strong as Blaziken. Its movepool is better, but it loses important STABs and is not nearly as strong offensively, statwise, either.

Thanks for the rates people!

Ill test Nidoking...maybe
Ill test Flamethrower on Blaziken...maybe

When I lose ill start testing these things.

Again, Thank you for the rates, they were really helpful, I would love to hear more!

Wow off the first page already?? 24 Hour Bump, there has to be more people who can rate this team.....

Wow this team is well good, i tried it on shoddy and i got 24 wins - 0 lose very nice my frend.

Just 1 tip i would try and make your Mismagius TrickMagius.

This should be stickied.

Maybe a CB'er over Shaymin, because they work more effectively on defense IMO, but you probably know better than I do. I was just going on my experience.

Wow this team is well good, i tried it on shoddy and i got 24 wins - 0 lose very nice my frend.

Just 1 tip i would try and make your Mismagius TrickMagius.
Thanks for the feedback. Im glad it works for you :P (this is probably the first team i made that works well for people other than me..lol).

An alternative to Trickspecs Espeon and CM Missy, is to reverse it. It still works quite well, but I like Trickspecs Espeon because it can revenge kill due to being faster, and Psychic hits alot harder than Shadowball off of a base 130 SAtk to a base 105 Satk. Missy is also easier to set up, due to its immunities.
This should be stickied.

Maybe a CB'er over Shaymin, because they work more effectively on defense IMO, but you probably know better than I do. I was just going on my experience.
Firstly, thank you :).

Second, in the state of the current Metagame, Shaymin outclasses most of these CBers just because of its Celebi-equivilent stats.

IF Shaymin were to be banned, I would probably use something else to balance out the Ground+Water weak, such as Tangrowth. But a CBer could easily fill that role as well.

Shaymin is merely superior because of its stats and defensive typing.

Espeon

This is a really good team, the only thing I would say is that have you considered giving espeon baton pass? This would allow it to go to a counter the first time it's out, like specsjolt in OU

This is a really good team, the only thing I would say is that have you considered giving espeon baton pass? This would allow it to go to a counter the first time it's out, like specsjolt in OU

Yes I have, but I decided to stick with Signal Beam......

But come to think of it, I would rather BP out to Blaziken then Signal Beam something....

I will definately test that out.

I would ask you to switch Blaziken to something that can take water attacks once Shaymin is gone.

Try this:

Poliwrath @ Salac Berry
4 Hp/252 Atk/252 Spe
Jolly with Water Absorb
-Belly Drum
-Substitute
-Waterfall
-Ice Punch

You switch this into water attacks and set up the sub. Drum and let the brooming begin. Overall, this is a good team. :naughty:

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't understand why you have silk scarf on Ambipom. You should go with focus sash.
Other than that it's a good team!

i've tried this team out on shoddy, and i must say it works very well.

only problem i have is with the fraility of some of the people.

from what i've seen, shaymin still dies to other shaymin, and blaziken dies wayy to easily for me :/

i would add in a water type somewhere too, just to cover water weakness, mabey go with Sheep's suggestion

EDIT: and ambipom has saved my ass more than enough times already XD

I would ask you to switch Blaziken to something that can take water attacks once Shaymin is gone.

Try this:

Poliwrath @ Salac Berry
4 Hp/252 Atk/252 Spe
Jolly with Water Absorb
-Belly Drum
-Substitute
-Waterfall
-Ice Punch

You switch this into water attacks and set up the sub. Drum and let the brooming begin. Overall, this is a good team. :naughty:
Without Blaziken, or a Wallbreaker like it, this team would completely fail and if you think otherwise you should reread the RMT :P.

That wasnt meant to be harsh btw...I just get defensive when people say "take out your wallbreaker", when it is a key part of the strategy.

I don't understand why you have silk scarf on Ambipom. You should go with focus sash.
Other than that it's a good team!
I said that in a previous Post.

Focus Sash is for Suicide leads, Silk Scarf is for revenge killing. Whats the point of a Focus Sash if im not getting attacked anyway? You play Ambipom wrong if you use him to take hits. Especially since you U-turn out, and Stealth Rock will easily get up by the time you get back in, leaving me with a gimped Ambipom. Silk Scarf helps alot with revenge killing with the Fake Out+Double Hit Combo.

Thanks for the compliments!

i've tried this team out on shoddy, and i must say it works very well.

only problem i have is with the fraility of some of the people.

from what i've seen, shaymin still dies to other shaymin, and blaziken dies wayy to easily for me :/

i would add in a water type somewhere too, just to cover water weakness, mabey go with Sheep's suggestion

EDIT: and ambipom has saved my ass more than enough times already XD
This team is played to full offensive and works off resistances instead of walling.

Ill try to help you out:

Shaymin should not be sent into other Shaymin unless its on a predicted Seed Flare or at the same time. The "Ideal" way to deal with Shaymin is to get Missy in on a Earthpower, which forces Shaymin out due to being able to stall out Seed Flare PP with Substitute.

Shaymin is almost always a last resort switch in, because it has to come in to Water attacks too, but keep in mind that you can send Espeon into weak attacks too.

The trick (pun intented :D) with this team is to hit the walls as hard and fast as possible, while knowing when to sacrifice.

To be able to use this team effectively you DO need to be able to use Blaziken well, though.

Return > Double hit, return has 4 less base power (when you include STAB and technician), and has higher accuracy.

I have to disagree with you.
Blaziken dies to easily to too many threats.
If you use a fighting move into Missy, they set up a sub or deal massive damage.

While Poliwrath on the other hand, Waterfall and Ice Punch KO Shaymin,Registeel, and Mismagius.
Nothing is a safe switch in, and with Salac Berry, only certain things outsped.

And Poli doesn't take recoil.

I will test this, when I have time.

Return > Double hit, return has 4 less base power (when you include STAB and technician), and has higher accuracy.
Well not really, the accuracy is worth it imo, because :
double hit is the best sub breaker in the game.
What he said^^
I have to disagree with you.
Blaziken dies to easily to too many threats.
If you use a fihgitng move into Missy, they set up a sub or deal massive damage.

While Poliwrath on the other hand, Waterfall and Ice Punch KO Shaymin,Registeel, and Mismagius.
Nothing is a safe switch in, and with Salac Berry, only certain things outsped.

And Poli is not locked into 1 move.

I will test this, when I have time.
As I said, you need to know how to play Blaziken, and many of your points are moot.

Shaymin isnt OHKOd by Poliwrath's Ice Punch, and it can OHKO Poliwrath with Seed Flare.

Poliwrath is most importantly, NOT a wall breaker. It does not 2HKO the entire metagame.

You also make it seem like Bellydrum Poliwrath can take hits, but it cant :/

Poliwrath can NOT set up against any good player.

So too be honest....I really dont believe you know what your talking about here :/, this suggestion just shows you didnt read/understand the RMT. So please make sure you understand a Pokemon's role before you post suggestions lol....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the feedback people! Keep it comming.

I am still currently testing:
BP>Signal Beam on Espeon.

May test the other things soon too.

Well, I don't have enough experience to new UU since I re-started to play Ou and became somewhat un-familiar with the Tier's Metagame.
However, there are few things I can recall, I've used the same Blaziken moveset, having Agility over Vacumm Wave but I guess that'll work too.
As far as it goes for Missy's EVs I would invest those Def EVs into SpAtk since the spread is designed for OU, having those EVs on SpAtk will grant a harder hit on the UU enviorment.

I use Poliwrath on my UU team, and I am 100% sure Ice Punch KO's Shaymin with BD.

Missy is KO'ed by Waterfall, and so is most of the UU metagame.

And I did read every part of your thread.

Well, I don't have enough experience to new UU since I re-started to play Ou and became somewhat un-familiar with the Tier's Metagame.
However, there are few things I can recall, I've used the same Blaziken moveset, having Agility over Vacumm Wave but I guess that'll work too.
As far as it goes for Missy's EVs I would invest those Def EVs into SpAtk since the spread is designed for OU, having those EVs on SpAtk will grant a harder hit on the UU enviorment.
Mhm, yea the extra SpA EVs help.

The Mix Priority Blaziken set is a specialized one that I came up with and it became popular :).

I use Poliwrath on my UU team, and I am 100% sure Ice Punch KO's Shaymin with BD.

Missy is KO'ed by Waterfall, and so is most of the UU metagame.

And I did read every part of your thread.

Of course it can with BD, but it cant without Belly Drum. Which is what I said. I dont needa Pokemon to set up and maybe take out a Pokemon, then die. I need a Pokemon to break down the counters for Missy, Poliwrath can simply not perform this task.

Reading it is one thing, but did you understand it?

If you really think Poliwrath can fill Blaziken's role, explain how it can take out the same counters, and be worth it to get his "water Absorb".

What happens when you substitute, and Milotic comes in? Do you see my point? Poliwrath becomes useless if it tries to sweep early, because it will not.

So if you still think it works over Blaziken, explain.

I have used Ambi as a lead for a while, and have found lum berry a better item then silk scarf. Lum lets him remain an asset after switching into twave or wow, lets him come in on Smeargle's spore, which I have found is well worth a bit of power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)