RMT, UU Rain for use in OU.

First, I just game back to competitive play after quitting in December of 2007, so I am very rusty.
Second, using a UU team in OU is one of the things I love doing and did before I quit. I still want to maximize my chances of winning, while using a bunch of Pokemon more to my liking.

So, without further ado, here is my team:

Omastar (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Rain Dance
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

First turn he sets up Rain Dance, period. After that, using his doubled speed, good Sp. Atk, and extra-powerful Surf he sweeps to the best of his abilities. Hidden Power is electric to kill Gyrados. Item is damp rock because this is a RD team.

Kabutops (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 74 HP/252 Atk/184 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Night Slash

Physical Sweeper for use during the rain. Waterfall and Stone Edge for powerful STAB attacks, Superpower and Night Slash for extra SE type coverage. Choice band to maximize damage, no need for choice scarf with Swift Swim and I do not mind the lack of ability to switch moves as my team is supposed to be able to switch to take hits for each other.

Leafeon (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rain Dance
- Yawn
- Wish
- Leaf Blade

Physical wall, used especially for absorbing EQ which is a big threat to my team. Provides general team support by keeping the rain set up, putting threats to sleep, and wishing to keep my walls running. Leaf Blade for general self defense, damp rock since it's rain dancing.

Lanturn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP/216 Def/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Confuse Ray
- Surf
- Thunder

Annoying wall, uses ThunderRay to piss off the enemy and absorbs electric that my water baits. Surf and Thunder to provide solid STAB attacks for retaliation; since it's an RD team Thunder can be used reliably. A go-to choice for anti-stall because ThunderRay will keep them from doing general stall things, and it can take hits from a Pokemon not built offensively. Leftovers to keep it in the fight longer, especially as it relies on Leafeon's Wish as its only other way to heal.

Altaria (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/56 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rain Dance
- Roost
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam

My other defensive Rain Dancer, and another switch-in to counter an incoming EQ. Can bait ice attacks that most of my team resists. Dragon Pulse for a typical STAB attack and Ice Beam for type coverage, especially being SE against Ground and Grass. As usual Damp Rock for the sake of extra rain as my team pretty much relies on it.

Floatzel (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 140 HP/252 Atk/16 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch
- Return

My other physical sweeper, more or less the same as Kabutops providing another fast and powerful sweeper while the Rain is out. Waterfall as typical STAB, BB+IP+Return for coverage, Choice Band for the same reason as Kabutops.

In general the team is meant to RELY on teamwork, with the pokemon able to bait attacks of a certain type and switch to something that resists and absorbs it easily. Works nice with the choice banders, since they have something to switch to they can come back in later and choose another attack. Ground attacks aimed at half my team get absorbed by Leafeon/Altaria, Ice attacks aimed at them get absorbed by the other 4 pokemon. Grass attacks aimed at my water get absorbed by Leafeon/Alteria. Electric attacks aimed at my team get absorbed by Lanturn and Altaria. Fire against leafeon is negated by the rain and everything else resisting it, and so on. The only type that I cannot effectively block is Dragon.

(I sure do use the word absorb a lot)

The biggest weakness of this team is probably that it relies on Rain and it can be vulnerable for a time when the rain runs out, there are not always good opportunities to set it back up. This is why I have Damp Rock on all three of my dancers, to keep my Rain up as much as I possibly can.

This team is extremely powerful while the status is up but starts lagging hardcore once its down. With Rain on I get powerful boosts that stack with my STAB, extreme speeds, 100% accurate against Thunder, and I can knock out Sandstorms. However, as soon as that rain goes down, I have a bunch of subpar UU Pokemon to fight with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)