RMT Yeti (My OU tourney team)

Introduction

Hello fellow Smogoners, this is my final team of Gen IV. I consider this team to be my most successful thus far. I have used it for tournaments and general laddering. Some accomplishments this team has made was a 1500 peak on the Official Ladder as well as getting me to Round 5 of the OU tournament. After Latias and Salamence were finally booted from OU, I created a new team that was viable against the new FWG metagame. This team utilizes some unique, underused pokemon that I think give me the upper hand in most battles.

As you can tell this team is fairly stallish. It uses SR and (T)Spikes in conjunction with Abomasnow’s Leachseed and Hail to damage opponents. Important: This is NOT a Hail team, Abomasnow is used for his unique niche on the team.

Uxie (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 152 Spd/252 HP/100 Def/4 SAtk
Bold nature
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psychic
---

Role Summary: Uxie is my lead, and a darn good one at that. It is sort of an anti-lead, being able to win against so many common leads currently. I normally always Trick turn one and then set up my SR. A lot of leads think that Uxie is slow and either Taunt, set up their own SR, or even trick me. Uxie also has extraordinary bulk which almost always helps Uxie get SR up. This pokemon only loses to the rare Tyranitar lead, but I still get SR up. Even the mighty Machamp is beaten through either Trick (which opens up setup for Skarmory) or two Psychics. Overall, Uxie has been an amazing lead and I recommend you to try it out.

Moveset: Trick is used to cripple slower leads and can be used to deter stall and screw over setup pokemon mid-game. Stealth Rock is used to damage switch-ins and is mandatory on the team. U-turn helps to scout and break sashes, while Psychic provides a reliable stab attack.

EVs, Nature, and Item: Speed EVs are just enough to outrun max Aerodactyl, the rest are dumped in HP and Defense to increase Uxie’s great bulk. Bold helps to take hits better and Choice Scarf helps me outspeed and cripple leads.

Swampert (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP/216 Def/52 SDef
Relaxed nature
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Protect
---

Role Summary: Swampert, another reliable pokemon that is essential to this team. Swampert patches up weaknesses to Heatran and Tyranitar while keeping up residual damage through phazing with Roar. Swampert’s position on the team has always been swapped around, but I ended up sticking with him every time. I’m trying to decide if I should change his set to a more Specially Defensive one since I have a Gengar weakness and Heatran will be easier to handle. I may even go to a Curse set since I already have Toxicspikes support with Tentacruel. Thoughts?

Moveset: Ice Beam and Earthquake handle the dragons and give me solid damage to a lot of pokemon. Roar doesn’t allow setups and spreads Spike damage. Protect may seem unusual but it gives extra healing, eases prediction, and blocks Explosions from the likes of Heatran.

EVs, Nature, and Item: Defense EVs increase physical defense to an optimal level while giving him a small boost specially, though I may change it. Nature keeps both attacking stats high without lowering Swampert’s defenses. Leftovers are needed for recovery since he lacks a recovery move.

Rotom H @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 HP
Timd nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Trick
---

Role Summary: Rotom is the team’s much appreciated spin blocker and revenge killer. Without him I would be weak to Lucario and Gyarados, two deadly threats if Rotom faints. Rotom’s unique resistances really help the team out; he is good against both offense and stall. I was thinking about giving him a little more bulk to capitalize on his resistances, but I am unsure. I cannot give up the Choice Scarf because then I would have a pretty big Lucario weakness even though he could be brought down through careful playing and residual damage.

Moveset: Standard Choice Scarf set. Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, and Overheat help me KO all sorts of attackers while Trick helps against stall and Snorlax/Swampert/Suicune.

EVs, Nature, and Item: Max Speed and Special Attack gives a fast and powerful attacker. Choice Scarf gives Rotom the ability to outspeed and revenge the things he needs to.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Impish nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird
---

Role Summary: Skarmory is probably the second most valuable pokemon on the team. He provides so much, from Spikes to a Dragon resistance. Spikes are what make this team good; it punishes the many switches this team creates. Skarm sets up on the Bullet Punches and Draco Meteors flying at the team. Even after the Spikes have been laid, he can still be annoying with Whirlwind and Roost. I have tested SDef Skarm but I felt I needed as much PDef as possible. I’ve noticed that if I’m able to get all layers down with SR, it becomes very hard for an opposing team to win, which is why I think that Skarmory is irreplaceable.

Moveset: Spikes are… spikes. Whirlwind is used to abuse those Spikes as well as scout. Roost helps Skarm stay alive to continue absorbing those Outrages. Brave Bird gives me some type of damaging move.

EVs, Nature, and Item: Max/Max+ give me the ultimate physical defense needed to combat powerful threats such as Tyranitar. Leftovers are always helpful on a defensive pokemon such as Skarmory.

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Calm nature
- Surf
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
---

Role Summary: Tentacruel, the Infernape counter, Rapid Spinner, and Toxic Spike setter all in one package. I knew I needed Toxic Spikes on the team because TSpikes + Leech Seed = Win. Rapid Spin helps ease swiching Abomasnow in and is in general helpful for the whole team. Without Tentacruel I would get steamrolled by any competent Infernape user. Overall, Tentacruel is a fun pokemon to use on a team.

Moveset: Surf and Sludge Bomb get somewhat decent neutral coverage. Rapid Spin rids me of the annoying spikes and Toxic Spikes slowly pick apart grounded pokemon.

EVs, Nature, and Item: EVs give Tentacruel a mix of defenses which helps counter all forms of Infernape. Calm give him great SDef and Black Sludge is like a better Leftovers.

Abomasnow @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Calm nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Protect
- Blizzard
---

Role Summary: First off, Abomasnow is not a gimmick, he is the MVP of this team and has contributed in every single one of my wins. Abomasnow destroys stall and is probably one of the best water type counters out there. Offense has trouble getting past Abomasnow because the residual damage from Leech Seed, Hail, Life Orb, and Entry Hazards are too much for them to handle. He can come in on Water and Grass types of the FWG core and set up, which is why I consider him an anti-metagame pokemon. Many people rage quit once they loose half there team to Abomasnow. Entry Hazards really help him out because a lot of opponents switch out of Leech Seed. Toxic Spikes only quicken the stalling process. I believe that Abomasnow is one of the better Leech Seeders out there because of his secondary Ice typing which hits the Grass types for Stab, SE damage. I think that Hail helps the team more then weakens it because most of my team come equipped with Leftovers while hail causes opponents to lose 18 percent of their health after Leech Seed. I recommend you guys to try him out sometime!

Moveset: Substitute and Leech Seed create the Subseeding combo. Protect gives me extra Leftover and Leech Seed recovery which is really helpful. Blizzard is a powerful, fully accurate move that comes off of an above average attacking stat.

EVs, Nature, and Item: Max / Max+ gives him impressive bulk he can even survive Heat Wave and Hidden Power Fire from the likes of Zapdos and Celebi. Leftovers help to keep him around longer.
Calcs:
Offensive Suicunes strongest attack (252spatk ice beam) only manages 25% maximum
Starmie: Ice beam is 30% from a Choice Specs

Major Threats:
1. Gengar: Gengar is very challenging to battle against because of his high Special Attack and coverage. I can revenge him with Rotom, however.
2. Breloom: Another annoyance to the team. Spore and powerful attacks cripple this team. Rotom, Tentacruel, and Uxie can cause him grief by outspeeding and hitting him SE though.

WHY ARE THE IMAGES NOT WORKING?

Great team as indicated by your success. However, SubSplit Gengar can do some serious damage to the team. Focus Blast destroys Abomasnow and Sub protects from Leech Seed. If Rotom is dead, then only Tentacruel could stop it behind a sub. You might want to use Specially Defensive Skarmory. Most people assault it with special attacks anyway and the added Special Defense lets you take a hit from Gengar and Whirlwind past his sub. That is what I can think of as a threat to your excellent team.

The pictures aren't working because you're copy-pasting them, right? You need to right click, select "copy image location", then paste that into your post inside the tags [img*] and [/img*] (without the *s of course).

PS: Don't write in word beforehand. Use notepad or something.

Hey man

Cool semi Hail team. To outspeed standard Breloom with Seed Bomb you'll need an extra 8 Spe on Tentacruel. You can take that from Defense as it wouldn't matter that much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)