RMT

This is my semi-offensive Shoddy team has been giving me excellent results. Zapdos was the last pokemon to enter and I have no problem changing him for a better suggestion. I AM OPEN TO ANY SUGGESTION SO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO RMT.

Jolteon (M) @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Baton Pass
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
This is my favorite lead and favorite baton passer. He helps my pokemon switch in safetly and sometimes if I predict right they get to keep their subs. Jolteon works well to revenge kill some common OU like SDGarchomp, SpecMence, Starmie, Togekiss, and other weak pokemons with its great speed. The only thing that hurts jolteon its random Scarf users and sandstorm a little but for the most part jolteon passes subs. At the end when he is about to go he enjoys to hit hard with the boost from petaya berry, and hopefullly behind a sub for protection he can sweep a weaken team.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP/212 Def/56 SAtk
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
Swampert is great at setting Stealth Rock which eliminates focus sashers and makes Luke's job of sweeping easier. He is also great at countering many important threats like Tyranitar in general, Scarf Garchomp, Weavile, Heatran, Magnezone, and others. With his electric immunity he takes blissey's T-waves and electric attacks mainly aim at jirachi and Zapdos. I notice that Jirachi and Swampert work well together in the OU enviroment as Swampert counter Jirachi common switch in like Heatran, Magnezone, Garchomp, Salamance, Mamoswine and in return Jirachi keeps Swampert healthy with Wish and take grass attacks especially grass knots.

Gengar (M) @ Expert Belt/Wide Lence
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hypnosis
Gengar fits perfectly in this team as his immunities and resistances are excellent besides the fact that he is fast and very powerful. His ground immunity helps Jolteon, Lucario, and Jirachi and grass resistance helps Swampert. He puts its counters to sleep as they switch and then gengar throws super effective hits everywhere, usually he does this behind Jolteon's subs. The only concern here its the item please do not recomend Choice Scarf as he like to switch attacks behind the substitutes and actually surprises many people as they switch heatran and tyranitar to take shadow ball thinking he is lock thanks to scarf. Wide Lense its for both hypnosis and focus blast as I can't affort to miss but expert belt gives it a little more power and I also though about the berry that weakens dark move to maybe survive pursuit's from weavile to hit it back with focus blast.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP/76 Def/32 Spd/160 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Wish
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave
This little guy enter my team to help me against SpecMence that seem to always OHKO my swampert, and has earn his spot. He Wishes my team back to health, slows down pokemons for Swampert and Lucario with T-Wave, and has great resistances including psychic resistance for Gengar, grass for Swampert. He helps to deal with celebi that like to switch on Swampert with u-turn and to scout. I know he does not wall as well as other pokemon (remember this is a kind of offensive team) but with wish and t-wave and many resistance he is very good.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Extremespeed
- Close Combat
- Crunch
This is my late, late game Sweeper. He comes once my opponenet team is weak with hopefully Stealth Rock support and some paralysis of fast opponents and finishes the battle. The only times he come before the end game is when blissey or Snorlax is ruining jolteon's and gengar's time. He also like to revenge kill with Extremespeed.

This spot on my team its completely open (and I have no problem changing him if you can suggest a better pokemon) and its for a pokemon that covers my weaknesses. Mainly I need a pokemon that can take sleep moves, its immune to ground attacks and can take hits fairly well. I use to use RestTalk Gyarados but everybody has multiple counters for him that its was hard to use him and Stealth Rock took its tall. I also though about using a defensive Flygon that is immune to ground attakcs, resistance to fire to help jirachi, can u-turn, roost, and more importantly is not weak to Stealth Rock(which is why I want to change Zapdos), spike, toxic spikes, and Sandstorm. But I don't know it sound good but I don't think it will work as good as it sounds. I also think Rest Talk Heracross with resistance to ground can help but he would be anothe weakness to fire and Stealth rock.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 SDef
Docile nature (neutral)
- Thunderbolt
- Sleep Talk
- Roar
- U-turn
Zapdos seems to fit well. He help to fight most of the things that give me trouble. He can take hypnosis from Gengars and Brozongs, Roar stats boosters, U-turn to scout(and hit celebi that give me trouble), helps against SDluke, Gyarados, Brozong, and Metagross. But as I said Stealth Rock which pretty much everyone uses completely kills him as I don't have a spinner but besides Zapdos I don't really need one.

Going with a lot of sweepers seems appealing, but really it doesn't work that well at all. Your team has a really severe mixape weakness, and not a very reliable special wall. What you should do is replace Jolteon for a tentacruel to solve both problems. Tentacruel counters mixape and allows you to set up toxic spikes to stall your opponent out. It also gives you rapid spin to get rid of stealth rock so your zapdos doesn't take 25% every time it switches in. If you feel like you must have sleep talk on Zapdos to absorb sleep, than definitely go with roost over U turn for fast recovery. From past experience, surf really doesn't do well on swampert. Definitely change that around for roar so you can shift around your opponents pokes and identify the main counters for your sweepers that you're seeking to set up. Also, go with either wide lens or life orb on gengar. I'd recommend life orb so you can deal out that extra bit of damage. Thunder wave on jirachi also doesn't work great in my opinion. I would go with reflect, as it seems your team is rather weak on the physical side.
Hope I can help. ^^

thanks a lot for your input Unreal Ice,
Mixape really don't give me much problem as gengar take him out easily in my experience. If it comes against jirachi I t-wave as he nasty plot. Jolteon subs until petaya berry kicks in or if Infernape uses close combat before or on the subs. Lucario can help with extremespeed and even more if stealth rock its up. More importantly I notice that Mixape seems to have Hp(ice) more and more giving swampert a chance. As far as having many sweepers, I only use Lucario, Joltoen and Gengar sometimes just make Lucario not necessary. Jolteon its my lead and Gengar its here for his immunities they are hard to replace on my team. As far as not having a reliable wall, I made this team more offensibe and it seems to work.
I will think about taking Surf off swampert, I pretty much use it on two situations; to kill Hippo which can be done with Ice beam and break Magnezone subs as he uses magnet rise which its very helpful.
Also I used to run Life orb on gengar but sandstream and no spinner on my team made me change it, but wide lense might be a good suggestion for both focus blast and hypnosis.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
The problem is that you can't rely on Gengar to beat a Infernape, as it can't switch into a STAB Flamethrower. You could have Zapdos as a "Mixape" counter, but it will require you to change the EV's to something like 252 HP/16 Spd/240 SDef - Thunderbolt, HP Ice, Rest, and Sleep Talk - Calm nature, making it your Sleep Talker, a Mixape counter and pretty good Gengar counter aswell, being able to take Special Hits better. I would consider Body Slam over Thunderwave on Jirachi, it hits switchins like Garchomp, having 60% of chance getting Paralyzed.

Expert Belt isn't such a good item as a Life Orb/Choice Scarf. Life Orb works magic with pokemon like Gengar, fast sweeper. You can also go with Scarfed Gengar, being able to take out Garchomp with Hidden Power Ice.
You really have no solid Heracross counter. I would replace Swampert with a Bulky Gyarados with some Defensive EV's, to take care of it. Losing Swampert means losing Stealth Rock, so I'm not sure if you want to lose it.

I can't help to say it, but hello Swampert lover..? lol

Venom, the Zapdos you propose stops gengar and might help me to stop infernape so I will think about it. I used to run Bodyslam on jirachi and i did hit garchomp paralysing them sometimes however t-wave garantees paralysis which helps me more on other usual switches like Heatran, Salamance and especially magnezone to be able to u-turn before taking a tbolt. At the end I decided to its either body slam that maybe paralyses all of those four common switches or t-wave which garantees at least three, one being the vane of all steel magnezone. Also Jirachi can take Heracross and SDLuke Close Combat (at full health) and T-Wave them with Body slam I might. As far as not having a solid heracross counter, its true but you can't counter everything out there but for the most part heracross its bound by either choice band or scarf and i try to outpredict him, worst case scenario I lose a pokemon hopefully one almost dead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)