RMTrick Room Team

I've been using this team on PS and have been doing pretty well compared to some of the other teams I've used. This team is set up as a trick room team but can funtion without the use of TR.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SDef / 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Skill Swap
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Reuniclus works well as a TR setter and also an anti-lead. In most normal situations, Trick Room and Psychic are it's go to moves. I chose Magic Guard over Regenerator because I'm using Life Orb. Where it gets interesting are it's two other moves, they are used to counter Talonflame leads as well as put a damper on anyone using the Gengar perish song strategy. With the help of a scrappy fake-out from non-mega'd khan, Reuniclus can set up TR and next turn use Skill Swap to steal Gengar's shadow tag. This will prevent the opponent from escaping as they did from their own perish song. Hidden power rock OHKO's talonflame (and the occasional Charizard Y lead) as Meowstic uses quick guard to protect from Brave Bird. Once TR is setup, psychic tears everything up that doesn't resist it.

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Facade

At first I didn't want to go with mega-khan, but it helps counter ghosts types that threaten Reuniclus. Fake-out can give Reuniclus a turn to set up trick room and avoid a Shadow Ball, and sucker punch can be used to kill the opponent next turn if it tries to use shadow ball again. (See above strategy. Many times I've found they will not go straight into Perish Song, and instead OHKO Reuniclus.) When khan isn't supporting Reuniclus, (which doesn't happen all that often) he solidly stands on his own. After one (2) power up punch, khan can put a serious dent and mostly KO any pokemon in the game. Facade is a good stab for pokemon it outspeeds, and will negate burn if it is inflicted. If khan is slower, sucker punch is an avid punch, especially against ghost, and steel.

I'm not sure if I should run Brave or Adamant.

Meowstic @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Def / 228 HP / 28 Spd
Timid Nature
- Safeguard
- Fake Out
- Thunder Wave
- Quick Guard

Meowstic has saved me many times, but he might need an adjustment, or changed out for other pokemon that can do this better. Safeguard is used to protect from other prankster's twaves and dark void smeargle. Fakeout can help support if Meowstic comes out later in the game. Quick guard can prevent khan's sucker punch, other pranksters, brave bird, extremespeed, aqua jet, and most importantly any move that can finish off Chandelure once its hit down to 1 hp. Thunderwave is a good move to have just because if I'm not running TR it will help the rest of my pokemon outspeed the other team. The 18 Speed EVs are for outspeeding Smeargle. Leftovers is simply leftovers.

Machamp @ Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Rock Slide
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

Machamp isn't a common choice, but he can take solid hits from the pokemon he is there to kill. Dynamic Punch OHKOS Kang and is a great stab overall, even against pokemon who resist it because of the 100% confuse rate. Rock slide is there for Charizard, which Machamp will outspeed once Zard gets Twaved. Bullet punch is used to finish off pokemon that were sashed or at low health, as well as 2HKOing Gardevior. Ice Punch is probably my favorite move because it catches Salemence, Garchomp, and Gliscor by surprise and OHKO's them with no issues. Garchomp can't be Twaved but his EQ only puts Machamp at 30%-50% HP. Machamp has excellent covered as well as a surprise Ice Punch which OHKO's garchomp when he unknowingly stays in. As well as a powerful stab that often grants an extra turn due to confusion, Machamp makes a reliable pokemon. Lum berry saves Machamp from burn, since he has No guard to help Dynamic Punch and Rock Slide.

Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

I chose Chandelure for the simple fact of stopping a belly drummed Azumarill and the ability to switch in on expected Fake-outs. Shadow ball and flamethrower give wide coverage and energy ball is there for super effective damage when shadow ball or flamethrower can't get the job done. Protect is a lifesaver so Chandelure's sash can be saved while his ally takes care of the threat. A fire attack was needed on my team so that ferrothorn doesn't cause any issues. They only thing I think that would make Chandelure more powerful would have a pokemon weak to fire than Chandelure could switch into when a fire type move is drawn out, so flamethrower could get a nice boost.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Protect
- Play Rough

I really like Azumarill, but as said above I think something weak to fire could complement Chandelure and something that will cohere my team more might work better. Azumarill is a OHKO machine, but if he gets hit to hard and can't Belly Drum, he is useless. Azumarill still is a great pokemon and play rough demolishes anything 4x boosted aqua jet can't. Sitrus Berry is used to put Azumarill's health at 75% after Belly Drum. If you have any suggestions for who should take azumarill's place, let me know. Preferably something that can work outside of trick room a little easier. I'm looking for a nice glass cannon for this final slot than can round off the weakness to my team.

-Thanks!

Last edited:
Whimsicott is my favorite Prankster Pokemon. I usually run Encore/Taunt/Leech Seed/Stun Spore, but there are absolutely other options. Machamp is an incredible choice, I run him on my TR team and he is my favorite part of it. Nobody expects it and the No Guard certainly wreaks havoc. I've even experimented an Assault Vest on him. For Kang, I would say use a Brave nature. If it was me I'd want him to be as slow as possible on a TR team. Also Azumarill isn't a bad clean-up attacker without Belly Drum.

Whimsicott is my favorite Prankster Pokemon. I usually run Encore/Taunt/Leech Seed/Stun Spore, but there are absolutely other options. Machamp is an incredible choice, I run him on my TR team and he is my favorite part of it. Nobody expects it and the No Guard certainly wreaks havoc. I've even experimented an Assault Vest on him. For Kang, I would say use a Brave nature. If it was me I'd want him to be as slow as possible on a TR team. Also Azumarill isn't a bad clean-up attacker without Belly Drum.
Unfortunately Whimsicott isn't a Kalos Pokedex Pokemon and is therefore not VGC'14 Legal. I agree though - he's my favourite Prankster too. Shame.

Machamp is a very good choice actually. I'd never ever considered it as a TR Pokemon. I might have to take that onboard in the future..

Would it be worth throwing another TR setter into the team just incase do you think? I live and die by the rule "at least two setters per team", be it a Rain, Sun, Sandstorm, Hail or TR.

Unfortunately Whimsicott isn't a Kalos Pokedex Pokemon and is therefore not VGC'14 Legal. I agree though - he's my favourite Prankster too. Shame.

Machamp is a very good choice actually. I'd never ever considered it as a TR Pokemon. I might have to take that onboard in the future..

Would it be worth throwing another TR setter into the team just incase do you think? I live and die by the rule "at least two setters per team", be it a Rain, Sun, Sandstorm, Hail or TR.
I agree I just haven't found the right pokemon to implement it. The only thing I've changed is Meowstic for Sableye. The twave was counter productive and sableye has will-o-wisp and foul play which means he can still attack. Plus recover is awesome on prankster and of course taunt to stop other pranksters and spore from amoonguss.

Still looking for something to take azumarills place for a TR setter. Preferably not psychic because Reuniclus and Chandelure allow me to get railed by dark mons. I think I might expirement with Mr. Mim because the fairy/psychic typing is only weak to steel, poison, ghost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)