RNG Manipulation in FireRed/LeafGreen: Wild Pokémon Supported in RNG Reporter 9.93

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I to understand that this means the actual formula (e.g. 2-byte number) is the same but the numbers come from different places (e.g. date rather than title screen time)?
That I don't know. I think GoldenBanana might, though, as he researched RS a lot. He told me he didn't want to bother releasing his findings because people use emulators too often and it wasn't worth his effort to make something possible a certain way when there was already an easier one, but seeing as the times have changed, he may be able to offer more.

EDIT: Gosh, that last sentence was a mouthful; sorry :P

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Interesting. I based that assumption on this part of NixHex's post in the linked topic:

Am I to understand that this means the actual formula (e.g. 2-byte number) is the same but the numbers come from different places (e.g. date rather than title screen time)?
rs seed using the battery-backed rtc on-cart. it does some operations and returns an unsigned 16-bit number as the starting seed. that's why the seed freezes @ 0x5A0 once the battery dies.

there's not really any findings worth releasing. it would be a massive pain the ass to try and abuse it and you may as well just let the battery die/take it out and go from there. especially since the rng moves quickly in gen 3 anyway (60/120 fps + random numbers for events) and you can get to wherever you want(in the circle) just by waiting.

you can have a look at the routines using the stuff here:

http://projectpokemon.org/PPwiki/in...d=4510#Pok.C3.A9mon_Ruby_.2F_Sapphire_.28U.29

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Need help with abusing my TID and SID.

In Ruby and Sapphire, it's just the PID that Method (H?)1 creates on the frame they're determined.

This is not at all how it works in FireRed, correct? Say, if I wanted the infamous 3 Flawless frame to be shiny, I'd basically have to get it through chance or hacking, right?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Need help with abusing my TID and SID.

In Ruby and Sapphire, it's just the PID that Method (H?)1 creates on the frame they're determined.

This is not at all how it works in FireRed, correct? Say, if I wanted the infamous 3 Flawless frame to be shiny, I'd basically have to get it through chance or hacking, right?
You should ask this in the RNG help thread, but I'll answer here. It's only possible on emulator since you have no way to find your initial seed on a retail game.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
You should ask this in the RNG help thread, but I'll answer here. It's only possible on emulator since you have no way to find your initial seed on a retail game.
Last post in this thread, moving further discussion to the one you posted.

Anyway, won't an emu give an illegal result? I tried using VBA ReRecording's movie feature to breed in Emerald, but my results weren't anything close to what happened on cart. I assume it can only get worse with FrLg.

...So I couldn't button mash the Celadon Game Corner until I got a shiny? Is it set to some predestined time that I have to figure out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)