Ro-Mancying the Geo (Peaked 1547 on PS ELO)

Ro-Mancying the Geo

Hello there, I'm GRB1. What I have here is the culmination of a month-and-a-half's worth of X and Y meta-game experience. This team is based around setting up GeoXern (how original). For a good time, I considered GeoXern a waste of a teamslot. GeoXern is easily prepared for by most of the ladder at this point. Ho-oh and Scizor have seen a massive rise in usage. This team, however, attempts to bypass those checks BEFORE Geomancy-ing. So no, unlike so many on the ladder these days, I will not be whipping my Xerneas out first turn like it's my dick. So, without further ado, here is the team:

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 168 Def / 252 SAtk / 88 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunder

The star of the goddamn show. Dragon immunity is very nice, and of course, Geomancy is a VERY scary move to not be prepared for. Although most ARE prepared. The goal of this team is not Geomancy turn-1 to win, as that strategy belongs to the n00bs. The moves are a bit risky, and a single miss could end a would-be sweep, but if math and logic correlate, and Thunder/Focus Blast accuracy is truly 70%, missing on the first try is technically hax. EV's are a tiny bit strange. I run enough to outspeed Scarf-Sect, if that still exists, and the rest is thrown into defense.

Gengar (M) @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Perish Song
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

The wallbreaker. The BEST wallbreaker. Xerneas is strong, but the pink blobs don't give a flying fuck how jacked-up your stats are. Speaking of flying fucks, Lugia cannot be handled by Xerneas without stealth rocks up, which defog has made quite difficult. Gengar smiles at them. And smiles. Taunting them (badum-tss). Slowly driving them insane like the goddamn Cheshire Cat. Taunt has Blissey/Chansey struggling at 25% of their health per turn. Lugia can Ice Beam all it wants, but Shadow Ball will still be a 2HKO. Serves as a soft backup check to Xerneas, and helps get some residual damage off on it so Scizor can take out the trash. EV's allow me to speed-tie Mewtwo / MMX / other M-Gengars / outspeed Arceus forms.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-Turn

Landorus serves as a part of the anti-Ekiller, Groudon and Kangaskhan contingency plan. He offers a great deal of momentum along with Scizor in my "2U-Turn" Core. Stealth Rocks are great to set up whenever the opportunity presents itself, and if I predict something like a Ho-oh switch-in (it has happened), Stone Edge is the to chop some turkey. EV's give me a little punch with my pseudo-physical wall.

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage
- Crunch

Scarf Zekrom is laughably good in this meta-game. He destroys the flying-types that dominate this tier, OHKO's Kyogre, and 2HKO's Xerneas with Bolt Strike. Outrage is admittedly much harder to spam than in Gen. 5, but once Xerneas is removed from my opponent's team, it may be useful. Fusion Bolt is for the times when I NEED to hit my opponent and can't trust Bolt Strike to do so. EV's are pretty standard for Scarf Zekrom.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

CB Scizor completes the "2U-Turn" core, and destroys all fairies. While steel is not a fantastic offensive typing, Bullet Punch provides a nice source of STAB priority for a team otherwise without. The EV's provide me with a Xerneas destroyer and a Dragon-move tanker. The moves are great for coverage on multiple types and knock off is an all-around great move this generation.

Arceus-Grass @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Judgment
- Defog
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Groudon and Kyogre can't be allowed to run around and squash my team. This guy makes sure that doesn't happen. Okay let's cut the bullshit. T-Wave Grassceus is the bee's-fucking-knees. I love when a Groudon switches out to a Ho-oh, only to be paralyzed. Defog is for matches that require a good deal of switching and there are hazards up. EV's are tanky Grassceus.

Threat List:

Yveltal: All special-attacking/LO Yveltal sets punch major holes in the team. I usually require a sacrifice to the Y-God in order to get Zekrom/Xerneas in safe without letting Yveltal ruin something else on the team.

E-Killer: I lack any mechanism of truly threatening E-Killer. Landorus-T can "harass" if you will, by continually lowering it's attack and U-Turning out for residual damage, but recover-abusing variants can destroy my team.

Blaziken: Blaziken can set up a Swords Dance almost on anyone. Arceus-Grass lures a Swords Dance sometimes when my opponent expects me to switch, and I Thunder Wave him instead, but Blaziken can destroy my team if I'm not VERY careful.

That's the team! Rate, hate, and steal if you liked!

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have some small suggestions:

-I would run Focus Blast on your MGengar over Shadow Ball since this team is somewhat vulnerable to EKiller, your only checks are 100% Scizor and DBond with Gengar which isn't really reliable.

-Change Crunch on Zekrom to Volt Switch, Crunch's coverage adds nothing and it lets you further flesh out the U-turn core to keep momentum.

-This team is pretty Ho-Oh weak, it can switch in with ease on Scizor and Arceus-Grass and cripple or kill anything on your team with Sacred Fire. You can mitigate this somewhat by using Stone Edge on Arceus-Grass to lure it in and severely damage it. TWave + SpD investment does let you use Arc as a backup Xerneas check which is cool though so I guess it's your call.

-Run Pursuit > Knock Off on Scizor to help prevent enemy Gengar from trapping Xern before Geo or Arc-Grass gets sniped, which can be really harmful if your foe has something like Scarf Kyogre.

Good luck!

This team is pretty decent altogether but it needs to patch up some weaknesses, Ho-oh gets free switch ins on 2 mons (Grassceus and Scizor), revenge kills Gengar and semi checks Xerneas. The lack of dbond on Gengar leaves you pretty E-killer weak too. Optimally a Mega Scizor on this w/ pursuit and SD would trap Aegislash better and helps out Grassceus vs Gengar too. This would require a change of Gengar, but honestly it might be worth it. A physcially defensive Mega Scizor would also help out a lot vs E-killer. I'd try the following changes:

Xerneas- okay as it is.
Specs Kyogre > Gengar - provides wall breaking power, rain is always nice for both Scizor and Grassceus and it pressures Ho-oh much better. IF you really wanna keep Gengar, go with Destiny Bond+Focus Blast > Sball+Psong.
Lando-T - use Leftovers>Lum Berry, the former being much more reliable as you regain some health every turn and can set up Stealth Rock more times per game. Slow U-turns synergize well with Specs Kyogre.
Zekrom- change to Adamant nature. Crunch and Fusion Bolt are useless. Sleep Talk and Volt Switch replaces them, the former for taking Darkrai sleep and the latter for building momentum further. Volt Switch also has good synergy with Kyogre.
Scizor > Mega-Scizor - use Pursuit / Swords Dance / Bullet Punch / Roost. Alternatively, if you keep Gengar, slap on Pursuit on this.
Grassceus- use Stone Edge > T wave to punish Ho-oh. The EV spread must have more speed, 96 EVs with Timid nature is faster than Palkia, so that's the smallest amount of speed you can use.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)