1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Rom Hacking Forum

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Fakudolan12345, May 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fakudolan12345

Fakudolan12345

Websites like ProjectPokemon.com and Pokecommunity.com have died down way too much and nobody goes on them. i think we should have a ROM hacking section to the forums for posting tools or asking for help. this would also attract more people to Smogon. tyvm
  2. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick, I knew him, Peter Gabriel too!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

I would say that both communities you listed actually have quite active involvement, they've had recent projects and releases, plus just know the methodology of hacking better than we do. While the advent of patching has made hacking a less risky practice smogon doesn't have the community base built around in-game hacks when we are primarily more concerned about high level play.
  3. NixHex

NixHex A new vice president erryonce in a while to keep me busy
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

That's the biggest issue here. If no one is on ProjectPokemon (OP's assertion), what makes you think they will suddenly pop up on Smogon? I don't think it would really attract new people to Smogon since the people who were to come to smogon for our non-existent hacking community would rather go to ProjectPokemon, an established community. This isn't going to happen, sorry.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)