roommate quarrels

Rumor

when bae sees your sketchers light up
TLDR; SHITTY EX WIFE AND HUSBAND LIVE WITH ME IN A SHARED ROOM, GOT GIRL EVICTED, BEING PETTY TOWARDS ME, CANT EVICT BOY WITHOUT ACTUAL GRIEVANCE TOWARDS MY STUFF. HE NO LONGER LIVES IN OUR ROOM BUT CONTINUES TO COME OVER TO DO LAUNDRY AND MAKE MESSES AND BE SHIT

hello

so i live in a shared room in an apartment relatively close to my campus

in the shared room, is a man and his ex/current wife, ages 21 and 19

she is a shitty person

they've been living together in this tiny room sharing a twin bed for the past 6 ish months (since i moved apts to this one)

obviously i cared, but i'm not really a confrontational person so i let it slide

however recently i made the choice to evict the girl by going straight to management to avoid arguments. they literally spent all day at the apartment (he is a college dropout with no friends besides whatever roommates he was paired up with and she kept him company because, well same). in my mind i figured if i asked them to move out, they'd be like 'lol fk u'. she also has an apartment off campus with much better amenities, but elected to stay here because it's closer to campus.

so i went to management and she was evicted. i didn't tell them straight up because i didn't want to cause any more trouble. however they loitered around the apartment and started blaming another roommate who eventually sold me out. this began 2 weeks of the silent treatment from them to everyone else in the apartment. i didn't rly care. they made the choice to sleep there tuesday thursday sundays because she had class on m w f. however they decided they didn't want to be around us anymore, so they moved to her place. they also got remarried over spring break.

here comes the fun part n_n

they've decided to only come back to the apartment to abuse our amenities that they don't have at her apartment (washing machine, dishwasher, good shower, etc.), in the process leaving a mess behind every time because they no longer 'live' there. so they come, start laundry , shower, make food and leave the messes out, he shaves and leaves his gross beard hair on the sink. just... ugh. eventually, they remembered i had lost my key to the apartment. so they decided it'd be just to continuously lock me out of my room. luckily i could open the door to my room with a credit card or something. the next day they elected to lock the main door and the room to my apartment. i got both of them open, only to find out that they had shut off my power through the breakers and opened the window and blinds all the way. just petty things, cuz you know, they're kids. so i told management again hoping they could evict them permanently, only to find that since he's complying with the grievance filed previously, they can't evict him. bummer, but fair. i texted him 'if you wanna be petty, i can be petty too'. he took it as a threat and came back to the apartment to take all of his stuff (ALL of his stuff, the room is now clean on his side) so i couldn't mess with it. keep in mind he does all this stuff to me and i did nothing in retaliation, but doesn't feel safe with me around his stuff. i chuckle and continue watching my youtube. i go walk around the apartment, finding that he has taken the trash can, our shower mat and the broom. like....???? cmon. children man. recently i decided to move our desks together so i could have a mega desk and to use his cabinets because they were empty and not in use. he came back today asking me to move his stuff back, because 'he might want to use it soon'. i complied because technically he still pays rent there.

look, the guys a nice guy. however he's very naive, immature and lacks in a conscience and self confidence. this girl is a leech. they got married when he was 19 and she 17 and divorced 4 months later because she cheated on him. however he was still in love with her because she was the only girl who paid attention to him. they'd been off and on for years, she'd go around fking other dudes (and girls) and he'd be waiting with open arms for her to come back. there are several occasions of her being a shitty user, but i'll just say 2:

she got drunk one night and camped out in her mustang for hours. he tried talking to her, but whenever he did she threatened to call the police. i went up there and talked to her, she came out within 15 minutes.

she got drunk another time (notice the pattern). they went down to the hot tub and stayed for a while. eventually they got into an argument and he left her down in the hot tub, talking to another random guy. he went into our room and started watching her from our room. we talked and he said -

Roommate: man what's she doing
Me: idk man, don't worry she's not going to cheat on you
Roommate: you know she cheated on me before right? that's why we got a divorce.
Me: then why the fuck do you trust her

no answer.

all in all, idk what to do about any of this. they're seemingly oblivious about the fact that they are shitty people, more so her than him.

i just want a mega desk man. any advice is welcome :-)

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
you probably should start looking for a new apartment, also there must be some rules in place regarding cleaning and stuff, talk with the other roommates to see if you guys can bring it up to management

honestly i'm just really surprised there are people that get married at 17, i literally don't know a single person around my age irl that has done that.

tbh, i don't think there's too much you can do rn aside from try not to cause more trouble before you can find a new place. it sucks hard, especially cuz everyone in this story is a fairly young person so nobody actually knows how to deal with this shit at this point in their life. the dude's a cuck that lets himself get walked over by a shitty girl. you gotta drop your ego at the door and try not to make things worse, even if you have to pretend like you're the one to blame for the time being. you could try an honest talk w/ him if you haven't and say he needs to get rid of this women from his life permanently if he ever wants to be happy, but it's really hard to make people do things if they don't want to.

Last edited:

Rumor

when bae sees your sketchers light up
i live in utah where it is common for people to get married pre 19. although these people are from vegas, which doesn't make much sense.

i've tried to have a conversation with him about the situation, however he only brings up the point about me not talking to him first instead of going to management.

i don't think i have an ego building up in this (probably something an egotistical person would say), but i like to think i've been mature about this whole thing.

the semester is almost over and i'll be leaving in about 3 weeks. just hoping they don't like poop in my bed or something until then.

Looking for another apartment/roommates is probably your best option right now. It doesn't seem like you can get through to her with sense, and he's basically cucked anyway so unless they separate, you won't be able to get through to him either.

(I know this is a bit of a lazy reply, I'll try come up with something else)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)