ORAS OU Rotom-Mow and Dragonite!

So over the recent months I "quit" showdown and so I had plenty of time to come up with a new team for my Omega Ruby... Below i'll be showing you the six Pokemon who I thought picked this team out to be a successful team online.

Right, i'll be doing this in sections from most important to least important.

Section One

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw

I chose the Dragonite set as it is because I needed some physical revenge elements. I then thought of a moveset that was a wide enough spread so it could hit Fairy advantages and other Pokemon to SAVE the sweep of a dragon claw. But, I suggest using this after Rotom due to Rotom having a huge impact when Dragonite is sent in. I suggest always going for the Dragon Dance first try anyway. It works a treat!

Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 156 HP / 100 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Confuse Ray
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm

Rotom-Mow is the star of the show, always good to send out FIRST TIME for the Dragonite-Rotom paring. I chose Rotom due to its speed and good grasp of Electric and Ghost move pull! First go I strongly suggest using a Confuse Ray then use a Thunder Wave, Volt Switch into Dragonite and carry on from there. Always plan it right! Rotom is fairly good with more HP and Speed because it's going to need it due to teams normally having some kind of deadly kill in first. ;)

Section Two

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite/Choice Specs
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 Spe / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest/Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast/Hyper Voice
- Psychic

Special Sweepers are almost essential, I picked Gardevoir for it's special attack! I suggest having either Timid or Modest on this beast, both do pretty much what it needs to do; one giving it extra speed another extra sp. Attack. Gardevoir is mega purely because it fills up the slot and I guess you could always add Hyper Voice instead of Moonblast for that Pixilate boost.

Flareon @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Quick Attack
- Facade
- Flare Blitz

Flareon is a decent physical if all else fails for the Dragonite set. Now, don't do what I did and give it the Flame Orb! It won't work! The EVs in Attack and Speed are at max so you can almost guarantee it to either first or if hurt bad, revenge kill the Pokemon. I suggest Protect first go for the Toxic Orb and then straight away Facade, you also get the boost from guts. Also Flareon is an excuse for a fire type.

Section Three

Cinccino @ Choice Band/Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Tail Slap
- Rock Blast
- U-turn

Cinccino is defiantly in the wrong tier with RU! Cinccino is defiantly one to look out for with the skill link ability and the massive speed boost it gets! Be warned if you have Cinccino that it is often better to have Cloyster. Cinccino is fairly frail and Cloyster also gets Shell Smash. My reason for choosing Cincinno is defiantly speed but also isn't seen, so use something that will throw someone off guard.

Medicham @ Choice Band/Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Bullet Punch
- Psycho Cut

Medicham is a fairly decent Pokemon Mega or not. I chose Medicham because of the speed and how its not fairly frail. Its moveset is so great! It has such a variety of moves, and with a variety of moves the more Pokemon you can take out! This can be Mega too, you can replace Gardevoirs Mega stone and give it the Choice Specs.

Conclusion

I know that the team isn't really heavily influenced by OU but the team does work real well in OU! On various tests and so on, on ORAS and on Showdown!. I hope that you guys will take this on board and I am open to any suggestions too! I'm sorry if it's not very clear, but this is my first RMT, I have read them before but i'm not a very confident writer... But i'm going off topic.

As I said, I hope it helps some people and I hope I get some feedback regarding the team! Sorry again it's not a complete OU team but those tend to bore me with great impact.

Thanks!

~Opple

Contact me via PM or email me @ opplehl@outlook.com

Pent

dumb broad
Hmm....

First of all, Waterfall on Dragonite is a cool idea and all, but you should run Earthquake or Extreme Speed instead. ESpeed is pretty much on every Dnite set, because +2 Priority helps against BirdSpam.

Rotom-Mow... Interesting choice out of all the Rotoms. I'd actually try Rotom-Heat since you seem to want Offensive Pressure instead of Defense, so here is a set you could use.

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Thunderbolt/Trick

Rotom-Heat also gives you a good hitter against Bisharp, who is a big threat to your team.

Guessing that Gardevoir won't be your mega, run the Choice Scarf set. Choice Scarf Gardevoir may be odd, but it isn't that bad. Here's the main set that you would use.

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Trick
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast/Shadow Ball

Don't even slash Adamant or Focus Sash on Cincinno. Choice Band is necessary, unless you're running Life Orb. And, Jolly let's you outspeed some OU Threats.

I will admit that Medicham is a bit outclassed by Gallade at this point, but if that strikes your fancy, roll with it.

I won't say this team is the best, but welcome back to Smogon Opple !

If you need any of these Pokemon, I'd be willing to breed some for you, just PM me, or leave a Message on my profile.

Hmm....

First of all, Waterfall on Dragonite is a cool idea and all, but you should run Earthquake or Extreme Speed instead. ESpeed is pretty much on every Dnite set, because +2 Priority helps against BirdSpam.

Rotom-Mow... Interesting choice out of all the Rotoms. I'd actually try Rotom-Heat since you seem to want Offensive Pressure instead of Defense, so here is a set you could use.

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Thunderbolt/Trick

Rotom-Heat also gives you a good hitter against Bisharp, who is a big threat to your team.

Guessing that Gardevoir won't be your mega, run the Choice Scarf set. Choice Scarf Gardevoir may be odd, but it isn't that bad. Here's the main set that you would use.

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Trick
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast/Shadow Ball

Don't even slash Adamant or Focus Sash on Cincinno. Choice Band is necessary, unless you're running Life Orb. And, Jolly let's you outspeed some OU Threats.

I will admit that Medicham is a bit outclassed by Gallade at this point, but if that strikes your fancy, roll with it.

I won't say this team is the best, but welcome back to Smogon Opple !

If you need any of these Pokemon, I'd be willing to breed some for you, just PM me, or leave a Message on my profile.
Thanks for the tips! n-n

Interesting team. Assuming Medicham is your mega because there no reason to use normal medicham in ou. Medicham should definitely have fake out as it to good of a move to give up. Rotom-m should probably be replaced with a rotom-h considering you have nothing for bird spam or charizard y. Flareon not good in the ou tier. Its does have power but it gets out speed and by so many things. Considering you don't have a way to get ride of rocks or set them up I'd replace it excadrill.
Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt/Psycho Cut
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch/ice punch

Rotom-Heat @ leftover
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stealth rock
- Rapid Spin

Fun looking team, Donno about flareon really, but hey if it works it works. However I have some issues with your Rotom set. Rotom-M if you want him to act as a kind of anti-lead and pivot, should probably run the same EVs as defensive Rotom-W. 44 speed is all you really need, it ensures you outrun jolly azumaril that tries to belly drum, and leaf-storm or volt-switch will smack it in the face. Other than that you're going to be outrun by most of the common OU threats anyways, so you should pour the rest of the EVs into HP and Special Attack or Defense. Thunderwave is cute but Landorus is immune to it, nothing is immune to confuse ray though, so if you want, I would swap one of those slots with Pain Split, which gives you some recovery as well as some answers to things like chancey which you can't hurt normally, but if you pain-split you exploit it's massive HP stat.

Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 208 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Confuse Ray
- Pain Split (Or Will-o-Wisp, or thunder wave, all are good options but Pain Split is needed for the more defensive sets)
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm

Alternatively, if you wanna run max speed and hit really hard give him Choice Specs and Trick, always a fun set.

Fun looking team, Donno about flareon really, but hey if it works it works. However I have some issues with your Rotom set. Rotom-M if you want him to act as a kind of anti-lead and pivot, should probably run the same EVs as defensive Rotom-W. 44 speed is all you really need, it ensures you outrun jolly azumaril that tries to belly drum, and leaf-storm or volt-switch will smack it in the face. Other than that you're going to be outrun by most of the common OU threats anyways, so you should pour the rest of the EVs into HP and Special Attack or Defense. Thunderwave is cute but Landorus is immune to it, nothing is immune to confuse ray though, so if you want, I would swap one of those slots with Pain Split, which gives you some recovery as well as some answers to things like chancey which you can't hurt normally, but if you pain-split you exploit it's massive HP stat.

Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 208 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Confuse Ray
- Pain Split (Or Will-o-Wisp, or thunder wave, all are good options but Pain Split is needed for the more defensive sets)
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm

Alternatively, if you wanna run max speed and hit really hard give him Choice Specs and Trick, always a fun set.
The max speed choice specs set is actually nice! I used it on Pokemon X with Rotom Wash. Thanks for the feedback!

Pretty interesting team bro. As Rainbow + said earlier, e-speed is pretty much mandatory on Dragonite so that you can KO weakened foes and beat the brave bird from talonflame. As for weakness policy.... I find lum berry much more useful since it heals status ailments that would normally hinder d-nite's sweep. With the number of sableyes in the meta now, dragonite would be worse than useless in that match. Personally I would run mega gardevoir and instead of medicham I would use conkeldurr/breloom. But then it's entirely up to you. Another thing is that focus blast is much more useful than shadow ball. It hits steel types that normally would fuck with gardevoir. Why do you use flareon despite the fact that there are several better poke on in the meta? I would suggest using heatran instead since you seem to have no answer to SD talonflame. It can easily set up on medicham and proceed to ruin your team. Heatran will also help with the massive weakness to fairy types your team has. As for the heatran set I would suggest using an all out offensive set with maybe scarf or air balloon.

Hope I helped :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)