RTM OU Offensive Team (1650-1750 on ladder)

¿Should I replace Rotom-W with Latios/as?

• Yes

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
Hello! I'm TheStayCrash and i'm glad to show you one of my competitive teams in 6º gen. Since 6º gen came up; I've been making hundreds of different teams, trying almost all play styles; but this team is the one that i love playing with the most.

First of all, I would like to say that i'm spanish; so english is not my mother lenguage (I may do some grammar mistakes, so please don't judge my spelling too harshly ^^ )

The team is a pretty standar offensive team; packing 2 pivots with offensive power; 2 wall breakers (the signature combo of the team) a late game cleaner that also can break through some pokes and the last pokemon, which can by either an offensive defoguer or an offensive kind of annoying lead.

So let's take a look on my team:

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd / 16 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

So here's tytar; the anti defogger. Packing bulk and offensive power, the idea for this mon is to set up rocks and counter any defogger that may appear to ruin that. Pursuit traps latios/as and makes a good chunck of damage on predicted switchs. Stone edge gives you the capability to deal with mandibuzz and zapdos, who can not touch tytar (as well as dealing good damage to many foes, 100 attack power + 252 atk ev's and STAB...) Fire blast is to stop skarmory and scizor, but I only risk tytar with the bug if i'm sure that it packs SD on its set.

The Ev's are simple. 232 HP so the number ends in 9 (takes min damage from rocks and recovers max from leftovers), max attack, 8 spd ev's for aegi's speed creep and the rest to maximize it's special bulk.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SAtk / 24 Atk
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield

The other pivot of the team; aegislash. Being the best OU 6º gen mon (imo) it checks lots of things and makes huge damage with it's max SAtk quiet STAB Shadow balls. It Packs the shadow combo (ball + sneak) in order to kill many things with the combination of power + priority. King's shield + leftovers gives it many free turns to heal itself, since it's one of the pokes that's going to absorb hits. The last move is flash cannon, in order to take full advantage of its Special offensive power. (Also secret sword is not needed, since 2 mons in this team have fighting type moves)

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 27 HP
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Being the best Special wall breaker in the meta, keldeo is the first part of the offensive choiced core. We all know the amazing power that keldeo has along with choice specs. The set is pretty standar. Full Spd and SAtk; Hydro pump for power, scald for accuracy and maybe getting some burns. Secret Sword is there for a coverage STAB move and Icy wind to ruin scarf users and for the ice move coverage.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge

The last part of the offensive choiced core. Terrakion banded is a beast, and with it's good speed tier (108) it can easily wreck lots of things up. Full attack STAB choice CC destroys things. EQ is there for aegislash and more coverage. Stone edge for those flying types (also for STAB and coverage) and X- Scissor to hit hard psychic types such as latios/as, espeon and so on... (it can be replaced with iron head, or poison jab though)

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Once I chose the 4 main mons of my team; I looked for a good poke that would easily late-game sweep.

I picked mega pinsir. It is extremely powerfull; packs a priority move and after a SD, it destroys teams. EQ is there for coverage.

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp

So, here comes the last pokemon of my team; Rotom-W. I needed a lead on my team, and scarfed rotom-W does that work really well. It cripples slow entry hazards leads with trick, gains momentum with Volt switch (as well as giving me the opportunity to bring tytar against latios/as which usually come to absorb rotom's volt switch) and it also gives me the capability of burning some physical sweepers.

Well, that's my team. But I'm still having some troubles with it :S

So here's the thing; many people have told me that I need something to get rocks out of my field, but i don't feel that to be really necessary... 3 of my team members resist rocks, and the ones that doesn't either have leftovers or they pick 'em up with trick (rotom-W)

I've been thinking of replacing rotom-W with Latios/Latias as offensive defogers, with the standar full SAtk n Spd timid nature set, packing defog, draco meteor, psyshock and Tbolt (along with a lifeorb) but I don't feel like a defog user is really needed. It would also take my rocks out of the field, and the only pokemon who takes huge damage from them is mega-pinsir, but it is there to late- game clean, so it doesn't really get on the field more than twice a match (also when it is on non mega form it takes 24% from rocks, not 49%)

So what do you guys think, Should I replace rotom-W with latios/as?

Hope you liked the team, please rate and comment! ^^

Last edited:
I started this meta recently(not even 2 months ago) so I'm not really good but why are some Pokes having less than 31 HP IVs? Is it to take less damage from Stealth Rock?(As none of them hold Life Orbs). I think Rotom-W should stay on your team but see if you can accommodate T-Wave somewhere for an opposing sweeper gone out of control. With two Fighting-types in your type, Fairies may be annoying(Aegislash can't KO everything). Also, besides Icy Wind on Keldeo, how are you going to beat Dragons? Mega Pinsir gets Aerilate so Return is a good choice but there are better Megas like Mega Lucario. Try these:

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch / Crunch / ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance

Close Combat hurts like crazy from this set. Bullet Punch is good for Fairies.Preferably go for Jolly nature though using an Adamant nature will maximize its damage output at the cost of being out-sped by Infernape and Keldeo who are guaranteed to OHKO. Probably Extremespeed is a good choice for the 3rd slot but its up to you. Swords Dance if you get a free turn.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse / Vacuum Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Nasty Plot

Vacuum Wave gives nice Priority and Dark Pulse hits Psychic and Ghost Types. Flash Cannon for Adaptability boosted STAB to dispatch Fairies. Aura Sphere is obvious. Nasty Plot if you get the chance.

Mega Mawile and Mega Azumarill also destroy Dragon types so try them out. Almost any move is viable on them as they have Huge Power but definitely go for Play Rough on them whichever one you are going with. If not, go ahead with replacing Rotom with a Lati. The move-set is good enough.

Hope I helped!!!(Sorry if I didn't.)
Your team was pretty good though.

Last edited:

Mix

mahmood soldi
is a Past WCoP Champion
GRENINJA DESTROY ALL YOUR TEAM, WHEN ROTOM IS DIE.

Terrakion: Choice Scarf>Choice Band

Rotom-W: Bulky Defense ChestoRest.

Your team is good, congratulations.

I started this meta recently(not even 2 months ago) so I'm not really good but why are some Pokes having less than 31 HP IVs? Is it to take less damage from Stealth Rock?(As none of them hold Life Orbs). I think Rotom-W should stay on your team but see if you can accommodate T-Wave somewhere for an opposing sweeper gone out of control. With two Fighting-types in your type, Fairies may be annoying(Aegislash can't KO everything). Also, besides Icy Wind on Keldeo, how are you going to beat Dragons? Mega Pinsir gets Aerilate so Return is a good choice but there are better Megas like Mega Lucario. Try these:

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

Close Combat hurts like crazy from this set. Bullet Punch is good for Fairies.Preferably go for Jolly nature though using an Adamant nature will maximize its damage output at the cost of being out-sped by Infernape and Keldeo who are guaranteed to OHKO. Probably Extremespeed is a good choice for the 3rd slot but its up to you. Swords Dance if you get a free turn.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Nasty Plot

Vacuum Wave gives nice Priority and Dark Pulse hits Psychic and Ghost Types. Flash Cannon for Adaptability boosted STAB to dispatch Fairies. Aura Sphere is obvious. Nasty Plot if you get the chance.

Mega Mawile and Mega Azumarill also destroy Dragon types so try them out. Almost any move is viable on them as they have Huge Power but definitely go for Play Rough on them whichever one you are going with. If not, go ahead with replacing Rotom with a Lati. The move-set is good enough.

Mega Lucario is banned btw

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Nasty Plot

The problem here is that mega-lucario got banned :/

T-wave would be nice, but as you said, garchomp is a threat to this team; and burning it is one the ways I have to deal with it.

Talking about dragons... The most seen ones are Dragonite, garchomp, latios and latias. Dragonite is killed by terrakion, keldeo and tytar, and mega pinsir is always a good check. Latios and latias have an specific counter on this team, so they aren't a problem at all. Garchomp is the one i have most trouble with; but if it is scarfed; I can easily switch to block it. If it isn't scarfed, Mega pinsir, keldeo and terrakion destroy him.

I never had problems with fairy types though :/. Aegisash destroys them; and if it isn't alive; SD mega pinsir wreks those sylveons or clefables really well.

Well, thanks a lot for the comment really. It helped a lot. See you later! ^^

GRENINJA DESTROY ALL YOUR TEAM, WHEN ROTOM IS DIE.

Terrakion: Choice Scarf>Choice Band

Rotom-W: Bulky Defense ChestoRest.

Your team is good, congratulations.
Greninja only destroys my team if it packs the psychic type attack (extrasensory). Rotom-W scarf deals a good chuck with volt switch. Mega pinsir has quick attack which does about 50% to the frog:

252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Quick Attack vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 135-160 (47.2 - 55.9%)

Also, tyranitar is really bulky on the special side, so it can take a hit and then destroy it with stone edge:

252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 232 HP / 16+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 242-283 (60.6 - 70.9%)

252 Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 232-274 (81.1 - 95.8%)

Also, aegislash can take a hit, and then revenge kill it

252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 232 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 203-242 (63.6 - 75.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Yes, greninja is a problem to this team, but I usually sacrifice something while dealing some damage and then kill it with any of my mons

(always thinking that greninja has extrasensory, which if it doesn't, keldeo destroys it)

Making terrakion scarf could be a viable choice; but i love the power this mon has with a choice band. It simply destroys things.

And using rotom bulky; could also be good for the team, I'll test both recommendations for sure! ^^

Thanks for the help. See you later! ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)