RU(Beta) Offensive Team [Peaked #7]

Not that being 7th place is all that special right now but damnit I feel good about it. Also forgive me if I don't do this justice but this is only my second RMT so I might be a little rough.

RU right now is so broken that it's a mix bag of love and hate, honestly they should ban Kyurem but even then there are some OP mons in the tier. And here are a few.

Moltres @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- U-turn
- Roost

Honestly this team originally had a Kyurem in it and Moltres was there to clear out Steel types for him to sweep. But after a while Moltres was putting in more work that I decided to get rid of him and keep this beautiful bird.

Despite all the excellent amount of great bulky water pokes in RU there doesn't seem to be a whole lot that Stops Moltres. Fire Blast hurts even the some of the bulkiest of pokes without any trouble. I use Air Slash over Hurricane because Fire Blast is powerful enough and the accuracy with a some blander coverage can help.

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 240 Def / 252 HP / 16 Spd
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Roost

There's not much to be said about Gligar, it's the best defoger in the tier and is an excellent poke to take on some of the most threatening physical attackers such as Rhyperior, Escavalier, or all the fighting types down here.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 24 Def / 252 HP / 232 SDef
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Haze / Toxic
- Recover

The only reason I'm not swept by a good fire poke and it has good synergy with Gligar.

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Drill Run
- Knock Off

AV Escavalier is the best answer to much of the big threats in RU currently (Kyurem, Shaymin) and handles that pesky Cress and other bulky Psychics.

Raikou @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Rash / Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Aura Sphere / Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch

I'm still amazed by how this thing is RU, but I might as well use it. I've chosen the scarf set to help gain momentum and revenge (but then isn't that all Scarfers). I run Modest because the extra power is nice and there isn't much that outspeeds this poke anyways.

Cobalion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Volt Switch

In case Escavalier is too slow to get the job done Cobalion can hit Kyurems and other scary pokes hard and fast. Volt Switch is also great for some potential momentum.

Hi there! This is a very solid team, but I do want to point a couple of things out. While there aren't any distinctive weaknesses, your team has the issue of being very offensive, yet losing all of its momentum through Milotic and Gligar. They just do not serve a purpose, and give the opponent time to set up, which offensive teams completely dread. The entire team is also rather hazard weak, and you cannot rely on Gligar's defog, as you may allow setup, which is the last thing you want. Another thing I worry about is strong flying types, which while you have a resistance in Raikou as well as no weaknesses, still manage to plow your team, especially on the special side. Being the offensive nature of your team, I do not feel that Hazard control is completely necessary, which is always better since you can focus on hammering your opponent with strong attacks.

In order to bring more offensive presence, I reccomend Trick Room Slowking, which like Milotic is a great pivot, but packs a punch as well. It pairs extremely well with your escavalier, as well as the Rhyperior I am going to suggest, as they both function well under trick room as well. What is key to TR Slowking that sets it apart from Milotic, is that nothing can switch into it, and it can use Regenerator to recover health, rather than having to stay in and click recover, which allows it to more effectively pivot and bring in other mons. It is also notorious for removing Moltres's checks and counters! It also turns around offensive pressure to your end with trick room, which you can especially abuse against faster HO Teams, and you can utilize it to take advantage of Sticky Web as well.

I realize that you still need a pokemon to absorb Electric moves if I was to remove gligar, but also a mon who tanks a lot more overall, and gets offensive pressure from the start helps. I reccomend using Tank Rhyperior, as it can Dragon Tail out sweepers, while setting up rocks for the rest of your team. It also can utilize Rock Blast to take care of things like Xatu, who wall Gligar to no end, and is overall a better lead for an offensively biased team.

Minor Changes:
Moltres: Substitute or Hidden Power [Grass]> U-Turn. Moltres forces hella switches, so SubRoost abuses this fact by creating a barrier between this rather frail pokemon and opponents. HP Grass offers great coverage to hit things like Slowbro with.

Thats about it. This is one of the better teams the metagame currently has to offer! Cool stuff. Really hope this helped! :]

Slowking @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SAtk / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Surf
- Psyshock / Nasty Plot / Grass Knot
- Fire Blast
- Trick Room

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 244 SDef / 248 HP / 16 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
Hi there! This is a very solid team, but I do want to point a couple of things out. While there aren't any distinctive weaknesses, your team has the issue of being very offensive, yet losing all of its momentum through Milotic and Gligar. They just do not serve a purpose, and give the opponent time to set up, which offensive teams completely dread. The entire team is also rather hazard weak, and you cannot rely on Gligar's defog, as you may allow setup, which is the last thing you want.

In order to bring more offensive presence, I reccomend Standard Mega Blastoise over Milotic. Its ability to spin hazards for the rest of your team, hit extremely hard to prevent an opponent from setting up, and yet being a relatively bulky pivot for offensive teams makes it much more reliable than milotic. This makes a massive difference in helping to support your team in hazard prevention over gligar.

I realize that you still need a pokemon to absorb Electric moves if I was to remove gligar, but also a mon to take up Toxic Spikes without having to spin would be nice. Nidoqueen over Gligar is a very nice touch, as it removes most of Moltres's common checks, and has great synergy overall. It still supports with SR, but can also beat Forretress, opposing Gligar, and other common leads 1v1, and causes stall a lot of trouble due to its great coverage.

Minor Changes:
Moltres: Substitute or Hidden Power [Grass]> U-Turn. Moltres forces hella switches, so SubRoost abuses this fact by creating a barrier between this rather frail pokemon and opponents. HP Grass offers great coverage to hit things like Slowbro with.

Thats about it. This is one of the better teams the metagame currently has to offer! Cool stuff. Really hope this helped! :]

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump / Water Pulse
- Aura Sphere / Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 156 Spd / 252 SAtk / 100 HP
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
M8 THIS IS A FREKIN RU TEAM GET YO MIND TOGETHER

M8 THIS IS A FREKIN RU TEAM GET YO MIND TOGETHER
Yeah just realized that, am redoing the rate. Edited to fit RU, I'm terribly sorry. I normally am not like this, but I'm very tired after a long day of schoolwork, so I'm a bit worn out. As said, I apologize.

Last edited:
To be completely honest, while slowking may be a cool idea, I would definitely not lose gligar for rhyperior, as gligar is great for sponging strong attacks, and defog is super important for Moltres to operate. Also, I would suggest using facade over volt switch on cobalion. Facade is one of the best kept secrets of XY so far, and it got a huge buff in the new gen. Facade now ignores burn's attack drop (similar to guts), making it so that physical attackers are not useless after being burned, and it works very well on pokemon like Cobalion, that have three good moveslots, and one filler slot.

Calcs:
252 Atk Choice Band burned Cobalion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Milotic: 96-113 (24.3 - 28.6%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
0- SpA Cobalion Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Milotic: 68-82 (17.2 - 20.8%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band burned Cobalion Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Milotic: 149-176 (37.8 - 44.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)