Project RU Create-a-Core! [Closed until Gen 8]

Approved by phantom and MrAldo

Welcome to a brand new project! RU's Create-a-Core series!
This project is being done with the intention of building an archive of viable cores for the RU metagame.
Hopefully this adds a constantly updated database of solid cores that can be used by newer players or anyone trying to get into RU,

How it works
Each week I will nominate two Pokemon to build separate cores around. For each Pokemon nominated you are able to post one or two Pokemon in order to help complete each core. The suggestions will then be voted on and the top core for each Pokemon will then be dated and archived.
The submission phase will last 5 days while the voting phase will last 2 for each cycle.

Rules
1. Only post Pokemon from the VR or ones that are about to be on the VR (Tangela). Please do not post lower tier Pokemon that have no place in RU.
2. Make sure to explain very clearly in the post why your core works and what is good about it
3. Make sure to post viable sets for the cores as well, I don't want to see max speed Donphan paired with Scarf Golisopod.
4. Don't be toxic, you get a chance to vote at the end so make your opinions known when that time comes but make sure its constructive.
5. Different sets of the same Pokemon can be nominated
6. You can only post one core for each Pokemon (maximum of 2 cores overall) per week.
7. You can only vote for one core for each Pokemon (2 votes overall) per week​

Last edited:
Create-a-Core Archive

CryoGyro
Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Fire

Most of Raikou's solid answers are grounded, giving Spikes clear value. Roserade's coverage also pressures a ton of Raikou checks; Leaf Storm for Ground-types, Sludge Bomb for Goodra, and Hidden Power Fire for Steel-types. Roserade appreciates another check to Water and punisher of Mandibuzz, Mantine, and special attackers like Noivern in return.

eifo
Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 204 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Toxic
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave

Mismagius @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

So this is a rather fun one. The two sets in question actually happened to match up rather well with each other, as Sub+CM Raikou really appreciates Tspikes support. I ended up changing the Drag spread tho, since I think a defensive one pairs better with Sub+CM Kou, due to its ability to check stuff that Kou dislikes, i.e. Roserade, Shaymin, Virizion, Salazzle, Ninetales. Additionally, the bulk gives it more longevity, which in tandem with Toxic lets Dragalge set up Tspikes more reliably. Toxic hits mons that otherwise wall it, such as Cresselia, Mandibuzz, Mantine, Gigalith and Porygon2, to name a few. This lets it outlast, and thus keep up Tspikes vs Mandi and Tine; while toxicing P2, Cress and Giga is particularly nice for its two partners, Missy and Kou. Kou would otherwise be annoyed by the former two (if CM Cress), while Missy struggles with P2 as well (although Kou obv uses it as set up bait). Missy is a pseudo-spinblocker and another great recipient of Tspikes support. The Missy set I picked is to take full advantage of this very hazard by using Hex. I would also recommend using Thunder Wave Regi with this, perhaps even dual status, to further spread status and thus power up Missy's hex (and you know, Twave is nice for speed control so that your Missy outspeeds Scarfers/Noivern, or you can simply to let Kou parafish vs the mon in question). Ghostium Z based on Hex actually hits just as hard as Z-Shadow Ball, so it's a really nice nuke vs neutral targets such as Rhyperior, Gigalith, Noivern, Nidoqueen, Goodra, Dragalge, Arcanine and the grasses mentioned above (i.e. Viri, Shay, Rose), all of which its partners greatly appreciates being removed, Kou in particular. If you want to use for instance Elec Z + Shadow Ball instead, then you're free to do so. However, I for one happen to believe that it would be more effective to lure in and weaken the Sub +CM Kou checks with Missy, rather than killing its set up bait and doing jack to its checks. I believe the current core has better synergy, as Drag+Missy weaken Kou's checks so that it can clean up in the end game.

Rawbi
Jellicent @ Leftovers / Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hex / Scald
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Using this bad boy on a balance team with M-Scept and it provides good defensive synergy. Jellicent doesn't really care about most of M-Scept's checks and counters by virtue of its typing, though it needs to beware of Mandibuzz's Toxic and Escavalier's Knock Off (though even with a CB it only has a 12% chance to OHKO and you can always run Colbur Berry to tank it). Spreads Burns like no one's business. I like to run Hex because Jelli's SpAtk isn't impressive so it can definitely use the doubled base power on statused foes, and though I can't hit Normal types, Normal types can't really hit Jelli back. Taunt prevents setup and Recover goes towards longevity. On the other hand, M-Scept loves eating Electric and Grass moves and can come in on a Knock Off in a pinch. I run Florges as a cleric to keep both mons healthy but I think I've been wordy enough :V

So yeah, Jellicent is a pretty neat mon. Would recommend giving a try!

DBW
Golbat @ Eviolite
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Super Fang
- Roost
- Defog

Slowbro @ Psychium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

This core deals with two of Mega Sceptiles most common revenge killers Golisopod and Donphan. Golbat is able to switch in to Golisopod an unlimited amount of times and so does Slowbro for Donphan not even having to worry about Knock Off crippling it thanks to its Z-move. Psyshock + Psychium Z is justified as it helps break bulky checks to Mega Sceptile like Florges.

CryoGyro
Vanilluxe @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Snow Warning
Naive Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Shard
- Taunt

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit

Choice Band Metagross threatens major damage to Registeel and Pursuit traps Bronzong; since Bronzong is much less hindered by Vanilluxe's Taunt than Registeel, having a surefire way to eliminate it is most valuable. Pursuit Escavalier works similarly and has Overcoat at the expense of nonexistent Speed, which might be tricky to accommodate on a team already trying to incorporate an Ice-type.

Last edited:
First two Pokemon to build cores around are...

1st Core
Sub + Calm Mind Raikou

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

====================

2nd Core
Toxic Spikes Support Dragalge

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Toxic
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave

Submission time runs from 09 April - 14 April

Last edited:

MeeMoon78

Banned deucer.
Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
Bronzorg fits well with dragalge because it manages to resist all of Dragalge's weaknesses and also has an immunity to ground. Dragalge also helps with Bronzorg's fire weakness. Bronzorg can also weaken all the damage to help dragalge.
Bronzorg can switch into predicted ground moves meant to be aimed at Raikou and Dragalge.

Last edited:
Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Gyro Ball
Bronzorg fits well with dragalge because it manages to resist all of Dragalge's weaknesses and also has an immunity to ground. Dragalge also helps with Bronzorg's fire weakness. Bronzorg can also weaken all the damage to help dragalge.
Bronzorg can switch into predicted ground moves meant to be aimed at Raikou and Dragalge.
Thanks for your enthusiasm towards the project but this is in no way a viable set, especially paired with Dragalge. Please make sure to read the rules to the project.
3. Make sure to post viable sets for the cores as well, I don't want to see max speed Donphan paired with Scarf Golisopod.
If you were to change your set to..
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Protect / Psywave

It would be more viable and I'd accept it as a submission.

Raikou:

Roserade @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Fire

Most of Raikou's solid answers are grounded, giving Spikes clear value. Roserade's coverage also pressures a ton of Raikou checks; Leaf Storm for Ground-types, Sludge Bomb for Goodra, and Hidden Power Fire for Steel-types. Roserade appreciates another check to Water and punisher of Mandibuzz, Mantine, and special attackers like Noivern in return.

Last edited:
Sub + Calm Mind Raikou

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Defensive Dragalge

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Toxic
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave

Z-Move Mismagius

Mismagius @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot

So this is a rather fun one. The two sets in question actually happened to match up rather well with each other, as Sub+CM Raikou really appreciates Tspikes support. I ended up changing the Drag spread tho, since I think a defensive one pairs better with Sub+CM Kou, due to its ability to check stuff that Kou dislikes, i.e. Roserade, Shaymin, Virizion, Salazzle, Ninetales. Additionally, the bulk gives it more longevity, which in tandem with Toxic lets Dragalge set up Tspikes more reliably. Toxic hits mons that otherwise wall it, such as Cresselia, Mandibuzz, Mantine, Gigalith and Porygon2, to name a few. This lets it outlast, and thus keep up Tspikes vs Mandi and Tine; while toxicing P2, Cress and Giga is particularly nice for its two partners, Missy and Kou. Kou would otherwise be annoyed by the former two (if CM Cress), while Missy struggles with P2 as well (although Kou obv uses it as set up bait). Missy is a pseudo-spinblocker and another great recipient of Tspikes support. The Missy set I picked is to take full advantage of this very hazard by using Hex. I would also recommend using Thunder Wave Regi with this, perhaps even dual status, to further spread status and thus power up Missy's hex (and you know, Twave is nice for speed control so that your Missy outspeeds Scarfers/Noivern, or you can simply to let Kou parafish vs the mon in question). Ghostium Z based on Hex actually hits just as hard as Z-Shadow Ball, so it's a really nice nuke vs neutral targets such as Rhyperior, Gigalith, Noivern, Nidoqueen, Goodra, Dragalge, Arcanine and the grasses mentioned above (i.e. Viri, Shay, Rose), all of which its partners greatly appreciates being removed, Kou in particular. If you want to use for instance Elec Z + Shadow Ball instead, then you're free to do so. However, I for one happen to believe that it would be more effective to lure in and weaken the Sub +CM Kou checks with Missy, rather than killing its set up bait and doing jack to its checks. I believe the current core has better synergy, as Drag+Missy weaken Kou's checks so that it can clean up in the end game.

Sub + Calm Mind Raikou

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Defensive Dragalge

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Toxic
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave

Z-Move Mismagius
View attachment 169645
Mismagius @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot

I ended up changing the Drag spread tho, since I think a defensive one pairs better with Sub+CM Kou,
It's a cool core but just so you know you didn't have to use both Pokemon, they are two separate pokemon to build two separate cores around. So feel free to edit if you want to but still a very cool submission nonetheless.

The following pokemon are to be paired with the listed raikou set (P.S. This is meant to be an offensive core. There are for sure 3 mons out there that could complete this team and would be defensively complimentary, that can also put up and remove hazards, but didn't want to post all that, so left it as an offensive core)

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Brave Bird
- Superpower

Honchkrow is very good at getting rid of or denting a lot of Raikou's checks or counters. Scarf Flygon takes minimum 73% if caught pursuiting out. Marowak-Alola straight up dies to a pursuit and dies nearly 40% of the time from sucker punch if Marowak-Alola is at full. Superpower can really put a dent into Registeel, Umbreon and can even ohko certain Snorlax's. Honchkrow can KO Zygarde-10% with a LITTLE bit of damage and if you're lucky u can ohko it from full. brave bird and properly used sucker punches pretty much dent everything, if not kills them if prior damage. Honchkrow also is immune to ground attacks, while Raikou can eat up electric moves.

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psychic
- Healing Wish

Shaymin is here to also help in denting stuff that will help setup Raikou for a sweep, and is also here to get rid of some of the threats that are naturally faster than Raikou. Seed flare is obviously here for those ground types that can live a +1 HP Ice from Raikou. HP Ice is here for Noivern and Zygarde-10%, if you don't want to risk a speed tie with Raikou. HP Ice also usually ko's Swellow after rocks. Psychic is here for Salazzle and to dent Virizion and Dragalge. Shayimn can also beat rock types like Lycanroc-Dusk and Rhyperior and damage Diancie a lot which helps Raikou and Honchkrow. Healing Wish can be used if you had a failed attempt to setup with Raikou earlier in the game, or you need more HP on Honchkrow again to help with breaking.

Last edited:
Hey so I just though about this one offensive core for Raikou

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Raikou is a powerhouse once it gets going with its Calm Mind, but in order to get rid of the threats that can stop it, i thought it would be a good idea to pair it with

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Mega Blastoise can deal with stuff Raikou can't, such as annoying Steel-types that are kinda common in RU. Blastoise also can deal with Zygarde- a fast ground type that may catch Raikou if it wasn't able to sub- since it always lives two Thousand Arrows from a Dragonium Z dog; it also provides spin support, which is never a bad thing.

As for the last addition to the core i went for

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Iron Tail

Flygon works as a speed control and can K.O Zyg if it finds an opening; it also comes up with u-turn, so it can safely bring Raikou when opportunity comes, or pivot into Blastoise predicting an ice move.

Voting phase has begun for these cores!

Raikou Cores

The following pokemon are to be paired with the listed raikou set (P.S. This is meant to be an offensive core. There are for sure 3 mons out there that could complete this team and would be defensively complimentary, that can also put up and remove hazards, but didn't want to post all that, so left it as an offensive core)

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Brave Bird
- Superpower

Honchkrow is very good at getting rid of or denting a lot of Raikou's checks or counters. Scarf Flygon takes minimum 73% if caught pursuiting out. Marowak-Alola straight up dies to a pursuit and dies nearly 40% of the time from sucker punch if Marowak-Alola is at full. Superpower can really put a dent into Registeel, Umbreon and can even ohko certain Snorlax's. Honchkrow can KO Zygarde-10% with a LITTLE bit of damage and if you're lucky u can ohko it from full. brave bird and properly used sucker punches pretty much dent everything, if not kills them if prior damage. Honchkrow also is immune to ground attacks, while Raikou can eat up electric moves.

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psychic
- Healing Wish

Shaymin is here to also help in denting stuff that will help setup Raikou for a sweep, and is also here to get rid of some of the threats that are naturally faster than Raikou. Seed flare is obviously here for those ground types that can live a +1 HP Ice from Raikou. HP Ice is here for Noivern and Zygarde-10%, if you don't want to risk a speed tie with Raikou. HP Ice also usually ko's Swellow after rocks. Psychic is here for Salazzle and to dent Virizion and Dragalge. Shayimn can also beat rock types like Lycanroc-Dusk and Rhyperior and damage Diancie a lot which helps Raikou and Honchkrow. Healing Wish can be used if you had a failed attempt to setup with Raikou earlier in the game, or you need more HP on Honchkrow again to help with breaking.

Raikou:

Roserade @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Fire

Hey so I just though about this one offensive core for Raikou

View attachment 169657
Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Raikou is a powerhouse once it gets going with its Calm Mind, but in order to get rid of the threats that can stop it, i thought it would be a good idea to pair it with

View attachment 169658
Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Mega Blastoise can deal with stuff Raikou can't, such as annoying Steel-types that are kinda common in RU. Blastoise also can deal with Zygarde- a fast ground type that may catch Raikou if it wasn't able to sub- since it always lives two Thousand Arrows from a Dragonium Z dog; it also provides spin support, which is never a bad thing.

As for the last addition to the core i went for
View attachment 169659

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Iron Tail

Flygon works as a speed control and can K.O Zyg if it finds an opening; it also comes up with u-turn, so it can safely bring Raikou when opportunity comes, or pivot into Blastoise predicting an ice move.

Dragalge Cores

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball

Sub + Calm Mind Raikou

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Defensive Dragalge

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Toxic
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave

Z-Move Mismagius
View attachment 169645
Mismagius @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot

Please try to vote for one of each, if not just stick to one vote.
My votes will be going to CryoGyro and Eifo respectively for their cores. Thanks to every that submits and votes.

Last edited:
Due to inactivity I'm going to only do 1 Create-a-Core this week to see if it gets more activity than before. I will add both CryoGyro and eifo submissions to the Archive as technically they won but moving on swiftly...

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

With the ladder experience being underwhelming for most people in the community Mega Sceptile see's itself more than likely going to an open suspect.

Submission stage runs from 17 April - 22 April​

Reactions: KW
I'm going to kick this off myself with..

Golbat @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Super Fang
- Roost
- Defog

Slowbro @ Psychium Z
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock

This core deals with two of Mega Sceptiles most common revenge killers Golisopod and Donphan. Golbat is able to switch in to Golisopod an unlimited amount of times and so does Slowbro for Donphan not even having to worry about Knock Off crippling it thanks to its Z-move. Psyshock + Psychium Z is justified as it helps break bulky checks to Mega Sceptile like Florges.

mind gaming

is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
World Defender
Bewear @ Choice Band
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 64 HP / 188 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Return
- Shadow Claw
- Superpower

Bewear can beat Shuca Metagross, Golisopod, Escavalier, Snorlax, Umbreon and Registeel which can make a lot of trouble to Mega Sceptile.

Araquanid @ Waterium Z
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Toxic
- Sticky Web

Araquanid can switch in and pressure into Donphan, Florges and Bronzong and can also pressure Mandibuzz with the z move to help Sceptile.

I’m not fan of M-Sceptile but I think this offensive core can work well with him:

Escavalier @ Choice Band
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Knock Off

Can switch in easily to the most common M-Sceptile’s rk (Donphan and Golisopod) and it spams megahorn to both of them as well as other M-Sceptile checks (Mandibuzz, Umbreon, Snorlax, Bronzong, Porygon-2, Florges, Metagross, Cresselia, etc)

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Toxic

Rhyperior is a great rocker for M-Sceptile, switch ins into rk scarf Salazzle and set rocks, it pressures Registeel and some defog users that check M-Sceptile like Mandibuzz or Florges. Toxic helps dealing with fat things like Porygon-2. SD variant works well too.

Bold Nature
- Hex / Scald
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Using this bad boy on a balance team with M-Scept and it provides good defensive synergy. Jellicent doesn't really care about most of M-Scept's checks and counters by virtue of its typing, though it needs to beware of Mandibuzz's Toxic and Escavalier's Knock Off (though even with a CB it only has a 12% chance to OHKO and you can always run Colbur Berry to tank it). Spreads Burns like no one's business. I like to run Hex because Jelli's SpAtk isn't impressive so it can definitely use the doubled base power on statused foes, and though I can't hit Normal types, Normal types can't really hit Jelli back. Taunt prevents setup and Recover goes towards longevity. On the other hand, M-Scept loves eating Electric and Grass moves and can come in on a Knock Off in a pinch. I run Florges as a cleric to keep both mons healthy but I think I've been wordy enough :V

Voting Phase for Mega Sceptile cores has begun!

I'm going to kick this off myself with..

Golbat @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Super Fang
- Roost
- Defog

Slowbro @ Psychium Z
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock

Bewear @ Choice Band
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 64 HP / 188 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Return
- Shadow Claw
- Superpower

Bewear can beat Shuca Metagross, Golisopod, Escavalier, Snorlax, Umbreon and Registeel which can make a lot of trouble to Mega Sceptile.

Araquanid @ Waterium Z
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Toxic
- Sticky Web

Araquanid can switch in and pressure into Donphan, Florges and Bronzong and can also pressure Mandibuzz with the z move to help Sceptile.

I’m not fan of M-Sceptile but I think this offensive core can work well with him:

Escavalier @ Choice Band
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Knock Off

Can switch in easily to the most common M-Sceptile’s rk (Donphan and Golisopod) and it spams megahorn to both of them as well as other M-Sceptile checks (Mandibuzz, Umbreon, Snorlax, Bronzong, Porygon-2, Florges, Metagross, Cresselia, etc)

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Toxic

Rhyperior is a great rocker for M-Sceptile, switch ins into rk scarf Salazzle and set rocks, it pressures Registeel and some defog users that check M-Sceptile like Mandibuzz or Florges. Toxic helps dealing with fat things like Porygon-2. SD variant works well too.

Bold Nature
- Hex / Scald
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Voting ends 25th April

Both Rawbi and I got 1 vote each meaning we both get in the HoF. I'm going to extend the next cycle of Create-a-Core to see if it gets off the ground. Next Create-a-Core will be around...

Vanilluxe @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Snow Warning
Hasty Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Shard
- Taunt

Submissions phase ends 10th May​

Since it offers almost nothing defensively, Vanilluxe isn't a Pokemon you can specifically cater much to if you want to avoid glaring composition flaws. That said...

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit

Choice Band Metagross threatens major damage to Registeel and Pursuit traps Bronzong; since Bronzong is much less hindered by Vanilluxe's Taunt than Registeel, having a surefire way to eliminate it is most valuable. Pursuit Escavalier works similarly and has Overcoat at the expense of nonexistent Speed, which might be tricky to accommodate on a team already trying to incorporate an Ice-type.

also naive>hasty imo, less damage from priority

Houndoom @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Taunt

Houndoom can threaten most things that threaten the ice cream cone, such as Ninetales or Arcanine. Houndoom appreciates Vanilluxes' taunt, allowing it to settup for free without fear of status. Houndoom also breaks through Registeel, Bronzong, and other steel types that the ice cream struggles with, and appreciates Vanilluxe having Freeze Dry to smack fatter waters, weakening them for Houndoom to clean.

ponponyo

formerly ssunbae

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn
- Ice Punch

a rather overlooked wallbreaker, rhyperior can punch holes in teams that have ground resists which are easily chipped such as virizion and golisopod. together with vanilluxe, they take advantage of that weakening the enemy team through firing powerful blizzards and devastating earthquakes. furthermore, rhyperior provides defensive utility with its rock and fire resistances, which vanilluxe appreciates, and also its defense stat, that allows it to survive one move from the likes of metagross and toxicroak and fire back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)