RU mad bro?

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Greetings smogonites, here is J.P with my first RMT featuring the best tier the RU tier. I did this team 2 weeks ago and it had positive results with it. So without further ado let’s present the team.

9 Points (Nidoqueen) @ Black Sludge Ability: Sheer Force
252 HP, 66 Def, 40 SpA, 150 SpDef Nature: Bold
-Stealth Rock
-T-Bolt
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power

BW2 give us the chance to use Nidoqueen with sheer force+ stealth rocks meaning that she can be called "an offensive stealth rocker".
The evs are put so that Nidoqueen can 2 KO Offensive Cryogonal (the most popular rapid spinner on the tier) with fire blast while Cryogonal will fail to one shot Nidoqueen. I choose it over qwilfish because I wanted something with offensive presence and stealth rocks. Fire Blast OHKOs ferroseed and other steel types, earth power is my main STAB and T-Bolt massacres bulky waters (bar lanturn)

Escavalier @ Choice Band Ability: Swarm

172 HP, 252 Atk, 84 Spe Nature: Adamant
-Megahorn
-Iron Head
-Pursuit
- Return
Any questions? This thing can 2 KO the WHOLE tier (bar steel types maybe) the weird 84 Spe evs are to outspeed standard slowking which is a problem to my team once sceptile is dead. I choose it over other wallbreakers because it can trap and kill ghost types. Iron head and megahorn are my STAB moves OHKO or 2 OHKO everything that doesn’t resists them. Pursuit is for trapping psychic and ghost type Pokémon and return is mainly a filler move. Swarm is chosen over battle armor because with swarm it can OHKO clefable even without the CB.

Sceptile @ Flying Gem Ability: Unburden

4 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Spe Nature: Adamant
~ Swords Dance
~ Leaf Blade
~ Earthquake
~ Acrobatics
SD and prepare to sweep with stealth rocks up cause its 2 main counters will die: Tangrowth and Moltres here are some calcs from both pokes most defensive sets:
Tangrowth Physically defensive: Acrobatics: 364-430 (90.09 - 106.43%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Moltres Sub Roost: Acrobatics: 364-430 (90.09 - 106.43%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Like you saw on the calcs SR are vital for Sceptile sweep. As well as some previous damage on the opponents walls is also appreciated .
I bring this guy when his main counters are dead or almost dead. I set up a SD and then i attack with acrobatics activating the unburden. Leaf blade is for STAB and eque for coverage.

My Wall (Cofagrigus) @ Leftovers Ability: Mummy

252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD Nature: Bold
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Shadow Ball
~ Rest
- Haze
The MVP of my team since is not only my wall but my spin blocker; it can fight against every rapid spinner of the tier with sleep talk. It also has great synergy with munchlax since it can come and take those fighting type hits targeted to munchlax. With mummy it ruins guts pokes like throh and hariyama. I switched Sleep talk for haze because i have a cleric now. Will-o is for status and for residual damage, shadow ball is for STAB and rest for recovery. Use it while it is still RU.

Medichamp (Medicham) @ Life Orb Ability: Pure Power

252 Hp, 252 Atk, 4 Def
- Fake Out
-Bullet Punch
- Drain Punch
- Psycho Cut
This guy should be only used for emergencies as one of the best revenge killers on RU. I choose it over Hariyama because it has a secondary STAB and aces to pure power, which turns it into a B3AST. Fake out and Bullet punch allows me to beat bunch of slash pokes like smeargle and accelgor. Drain punch and psycho cut are my stab moves.

Yonko7 (Clefable) @Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm
-Wish
-Softboiled / Protect
-Seismic Toss
-Heal Bell
Who cares about residual damage? This guy doesn't with that wish it restores its hp and its team members HP, softboiled is for instant recovery seismic toss for consistent damage and heal bell for curing status. I usually send it to tank a fire move then soft boil and stall its Life Orb hp.
Its nickname is a tribute to Yonko7 the guy who recommend me this set.

Threats to my team:
Liligant: This thing is a huge problem to my team only countered medicham which can fake out and bullet punch risking the min/max damage shenanigans. My other "counter” to this thing is munchlax who can Whirlwind it but must be wary of boosted giga drain which will restore its hp.

Whimsicott: A HUGE problem to my team since i lack a magic bouncer or magic guard user, the best thing to counter it is my sceptile that will need to risk the possible stun spore that will cripple my sceptile. When i saw this thing on the team preview i need to set up toxic spikes at all cost no matter what.

Moltres: With Stealth rocks it becomes more easy to manage but without them i am screwed. I OHKOs Sceptile, Medicham and Escavalier with the correct moves.

Past members

Munchlax @ Eviolite Ability: Thick Fat

76 HP / 200 Def / 232 SpD Nature: Calm
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk
~ Body Slam
~ Whirlwind
When I looked there wasn't bulky fire types on RU I choose this guy, it can tank hits and phase off the opponents, even a CB adamant Stone Edge coming from Entei has only a 43.75% to 2 KO after SR. He also tanks every special hit coming from every single poke on the RU tier.
Body Slam can 2 OHKO every Cryogonal variant (bar physically defensive one) which is the main rapid spinner on the tier (Screw Sandslash). Whirlwind is for phazing and rest + sleep talk for status immunity and semi reliable recovery.

Ironic that lilligant and whimsicott of all pokes are the ones that threaten this team. I feel that Munchlax is doing the least for your team and that 2 sleep talkers may be inefficient. Because you don't have a spinner on this team I recommend entei, as it's speed is much better than that of magmortar's.

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
If possible can you lengthen your descriptions. Include, for example, the role of each Pokemon, what the overall team goal is, playstyle of the team, etc.

Also, try to have it in this format
Code:
Pokemon @ Item
Ability: 
EVs:
Nature: 
- move
- move
- move
- move
Playtesting the team now, so your style and roles would help.

So heres my rate, been a while so bare with me. =]

I see a large weakness to Magmortar and Moltres, as it can come in on a sleeping Munchlax, Cofagrigus, Fire Blast from Nidoqueen, STAB moves from Escavalier; and only Medicham and Sceptile outspeed, and both can't come in safely. But with Stealth Rock down, Magmortar will be hard pressed to rapidly come in, especially since you have a spin-blocker. To help with this I suggest Lanturn over Munchlax. Lanturn helps your team by tanking hits from those powerful Fire-types, and acts as a cleric for the rest of the team.

Lanturn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Volt Switch / Rest
- Thunder Wave / Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Heal Bell / Protect

Now here you may pick what you like: ResTalk or Volt Switch and Thunder Wave. I think it should be Volt Switch and Thunder Wave, because with Thunder Wave it helps make up for Escavalier's speed. The downside is that now your more open to threats such as Lilligant, Nidoqueen, and more open to power STAB Ground-type attacks; however, with this change we can now change Cofagrigus' set, and we'll deal with Lilligant soon.

If you don't like Lanturn I can also suggest using Clefable over Munchlax. Clefable also has access to Heal Bell as well as Wish, and helps to deal with Nidoqueen, and those Fire-types but has to avoid a Fighting-type move!

Clefable@Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm
-Wish
-Softboiled / Protect
-Seismic Toss
-Heal Bell

Now between Softboiled and Protect depends how fast pace you like your battles. With both Wish and Softboiled, Clefable will be around for a long time, but Protect is useful for predicting. Overall I think Softboiled is best, because Wish is to heal everyone else. Also, with Heal Bell you now don't have to worry about statuses.

Third, I recommend not using Toxic Spikes on Nidoqueen. I do enjoy the extra residual damage, but there are simply too many Poison-types to properly take advantage of them. Therefore, I suggest replacing Toxic Spikes with either Sludge Wave or Thunderbolt. I recommend Sludge Wave because the targets your hitting with Thunderbolt are primarily Water-, and Flying-types, which Lanturn can handle.

Now with Cofagrigus, we need to change the set, since there is now a cleric: either Lanturn or Clefable. I suggest using to Defensive set

Cofagrigus@Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Bold
-Will-O-Wisp
-Shadow Ball
-Rest
-Haze

Cofagrigus is much more efficient with this set, rather than being asleep half the time. With a cleric on the team, Rest is now an awesome recovery option. I'll also add that Cofagrigus and Clefable have awesome synergy together, resisting each other's weaknesses.

Lastly, I think you should replace Medicham with Entei. With Entei you have a, you know have something that can take down Lilligant. Lilligant runs either HP Fire or Rock alongside its Grass STAB, so once you figure out which it has, then its a matter of either Sceptile or Entei takes it out-provided someone else is asleep from Sleep Powder.

Entei@Choice Band
Pressure | Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
-Flare Blitz
-Extremespeed
-Stone Edge
-Toxic

With this set, Entei can revenge with Extremespeed or punch holes with Flare Blitz. The down side is that Entei is Stealth Rock weak.

Summary of Changes
Code:
Munchlax -> Lanturn
             -> Clefable
Cofagrigus -> Defensive set
Medicham -> Choice Band Entei
Hope I helped.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
Thanks for the rate bro :)
I am new to RMT so sorry if I made the descriptions too short.
I had thought about Clefable a couple of times but i feel i will loose to moltres and magmortar since i will lack think fat and a huge base HP but i will try it. Entei is another story, because i don't have a spinner and sr and flare blitz recoil will take him down eventually, even with wish support and medicham has double priority and semi-reliable recovery. Nidoqueen toxic spikes can be replaced if i use clefable. And cofrag set can also be changed. I will give a try and thanks for the support.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
Ironic that lilligant and whimsicott of all pokes are the ones that threaten this team. I feel that Munchlax is doing the least for your team and that 2 sleep talkers may be inefficient. Because you don't have a spinner on this team I recommend entei, as it's speed is much better than that of magmortar's.
I was thinking about sap sipper miltank because it can absorb grass moves and act as a cleric what do you guys think?

I don't see why not. But I also don't see how that'll help because once you switch in, you still have to hit back. I really think that Entei is the poke for the job. Albeit weak to rocks, but still very effective against troublesome grass types.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
I don't see why not. But I also don't see how that'll help because once you switch in, you still have to hit back. I really think that Entei is the poke for the job. Albeit weak to rocks, but still very effective against troublesome grass types.
Miltank can hit back with a +1 fire punch i am using clefabel and i had had good results with it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)