Project RU Teambuilding Factory (Moved to new thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion
tehy
Team around OTR Bronzong

Bronzong @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 1 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute

Escavalier @ Choice Band
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Pursuit
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Rhyperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- Memento

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Trick

Of course, started off with OTR Bronzong since that was the request. Next mon I went with was Mega Camerupt, seeing as nothing in RU really appreciates taking a Sheer Force boosted hit coming off a base 145 Special Attack. Substitute is the final move of choice in this case since it enables you to get up a sub on bulky Steels that you tend to switch this into to possibly put in work after Trick Room ends or block a revenge kill or attack etc, and it also works pretty well with another part of this team which I am going to touch on later. Next up, we have Banded Escavalier, which was something I wanted to use so much seeing as how it takes care of bulky Psychics that Mega Camerupt can really struggle with really well by Pursuit trapping them and rendering them unable to switch in or just straight up killing them, preventing them from becoming an annoyance later on in the game. Next up, we have Swords Dance Rhyperior which can really put in a lot of work given the chance to set up, which also works well with the part of the team I am going to touch on later. Megahorn in the last slot to hit Cresselia for a ton and actually OHKO'ing after rocks, which is pretty nice. Whimsicott goes on as the second last member of the team, due to it being able to check Fighting really well and having a really interesting move that was what I was going to touch on. Memento. Due to Prankster, Memento still goes first in Trick Room (unless my mind's messing with me), and it can give Mega Camerupt a free sub, or Rhyperior a free SD, which can go a long way. Wanted to use a more offensive variant which does work at times but the defensive one is worth a try. And finally, we have Scarf Rotom-Mow for a possible speedy wincon and also to function as a Mega Steelix check that can also generate momentum for the team at the same time.

Other Options
Earthquake > Gyro Ball on Bronzong - Honestly the better choice in my opinion, but since you requested for Gyro Ball, I left it as it was in the importable, but definitely give Earthquake a try
Heatproof > Levitate on Bronzong - Can give opportunities to set up Trick Room seeing as people might lead off with their Fire types seeing Bronzong in team preview, since it tends to be a lead rocker on teams, applying a lot of pressure on you to switch or sack Bronzong, and since Bronzong tend to carry Levitate most of the time, it may catch them off guard and allow you to get up a free room and boom on the switch-in or on the fire type
Encore > Moonblast and Leftovers / Mental Herb > Life Orb on Whimsicott - Basically what I was talking about, the defensive variant of Whimsicott, which can help it last longer to set up room and Encore can be pretty nice to stop stuff like Slurpuff if ever needed, and if you choose to go the defensive route, Life Orb isn't going to be useful anymore since it only boosts Giga Drain and Leftovers can be nice for turn per turn recovery and Mental Herb can block Taunt to set up room

I'd like to see if someone could build a CM Reuniclus team. Reuniclus looks interesting, with Magic Guard and all, but I can't really get it right when trying to build.

ay let me aid in this threads revival.
I want an offensive team around Slurpuff and Dugtrio seeing as their pretty good together with Mememto+Belly Drum and I feel like Slurpuff is really underrated.

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Meloetta @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Return
I've been trying to build a mostly offensive/balanced squad using this monster accompanied with hazards support (main priority on rocks and spikes if that helps) and it's working decently but I was hoping if someone else could make a squad for me. Dug/Drap are good partners to this mon tho that's for sure [:

Moon

Grossly Incandescent
Kavatika
Curse-Lix Stall

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Rest

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Rock Slide
- Toxic

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Toxic Spikes

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Recover

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
- Foresight

Sorry this took so long, I wasn't planning on handling this request. If you still care here is the team.
This is a fairly basic to understand stall team using the powerful curse Lix. Cradily makes an excellent partner because it fills the stealth rock hole that CurseLix leaves while being a solid check to many things stall leaves you susceptible too, mainly NP Houndoom and CM Delphox, as well as being a good exploud check. Quagsire and Drapion give you two solid Reuniclus checks. SD T-spikes Drapion gives a nice amount of support and sweeping potential. If t-spikes are up Steelix or Quag can beat many of their checks. Aromatisse provides mandatory cleric and wish support, and Hitmontop gives you hazard clearance that won't remove your t-spikes. Aroma and Top can be replaced with Togetic and Alomomola to cover the same roles with more overall bulk, but a larger weakness to Virizion and defog instead of rapid spin.
s.o. Tehy

Last edited:

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion
Springtrap
CB Granbull Offense

Drapion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Granbull @ Choice Band
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Sleep Talk

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Heat Wave
- Psyshock
- Roost

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
Mild Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

So the request was for Choice Banded Granbull, so obviously I started out with it. I initially didn't like the idea of using it, but after managing to use it, I have seen how hard it hits and really enjoy using it. I decided to pair it with Calm Mind Sigilyph for a way to beat or at least help weaken checks to Choice Banded Granbull, like Mega Steelix, Amoonguss and Alomomola. It also helps serve as a late game win condition. Next up, I added Seismitoad as a switch-in to Mega Steelix which can really threaten CB Granbull and to set up rocks to weaken checks to the offensive mons. Went with Choice Scarf Emboar next for a reliable revenge killer and check to certain threats like Heliolisk and also helps in breaking bulky Steels. Earthquake over Sleep Talk like I usually like running so that Delphox can be kept under check as it is a huge threat to this team depending on the set. Finally, we have Mega-Abomasnow, functions as a switch-in to Rotom-Mow to hinder it from getting momentum with ease against the team and also as a general hard-hitter for the team. Also helps to deal with Alomomola+Amoonguss which really hinder Granbull

Dr Ciel Sorry to be informing you about this so late, but we have chosen to reject your request after discussion. Feel free to request another idea as soon as possible and I will promise to work on it ASAP.

Working on the rest of the teams ATM so look forward to those.

Last edited:

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Well alright, I'll make a quick, simple request now then.

I'd like a team around CM Virizion. Virizion in general is an excellent Pokemon with amazing potential & sole excellent coverage. Grass + Fighting + Fire is excellent coverage, with Delphox being the only Pokemon that resists both STAB's & coverage. Excited to see what you guys can come up with using this. Cheers!

Virizion @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Fire

Kavatika
Curse-Lix Stall

Steelix @ Steelixite
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Rest

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Rock Slide
- Toxic

Drapion @ Black Sludge
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Toxic Spikes

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Recover

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
- Foresight

Sorry this took so long, I wasn't planning on handling this request. If you still care here is the team.
This is a fairly basic to understand stall team using the powerful curse Lix. Cradily makes an excellent partner because it fills the stealth rock hole that CurseLix leaves while being a solid check to many things stall leaves you susceptible too, mainly NP Houndoom and CM Delphox, as well as being a good exploud check. Quagsire and Drapion give you two solid Reuniclus checks. SD T-spikes Drapion gives a nice amount of support and sweeping potential. If t-spikes are up Steelix or Quag can beat many of their checks. Aromatisse provides mandatory cleric and wish support, and Hitmontop gives you hazard clearance that won't remove your t-spikes. Aroma and Top can be replaced with Togetic and Alomomola to cover the same roles with more overall bulk, but a larger weakness to Virizion and defog instead of rapid spin.
s.o. Tehy
I don't mind the wait. Thank you for the team :)

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Springtrap
CB Granbull Offense

Drapion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sniper
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Granbull @ Choice Band
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Sleep Talk

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Heat Wave
- Psyshock
- Roost

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
Mild Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

So the request was for Choice Banded Granbull, so obviously I started out with it. I initially didn't like the idea of using it, but after managing to use it, I have seen how hard it hits and really enjoy using it. I decided to pair it with Calm Mind Sigilyph for a way to beat or at least help weaken checks to Choice Banded Granbull, like Mega Steelix, Amoonguss and Alomomola. It also helps serve as a late game win condition. Next up, I added Seismitoad as a switch-in to Mega Steelix which can really threaten CB Granbull and to set up rocks to weaken checks to the offensive mons. Went with Choice Scarf Emboar next for a reliable revenge killer and check to certain threats like Heliolisk and also helps in breaking bulky Steels. Earthquake over Sleep Talk like I usually like running so that Delphox can be kept under check as it is a huge threat to this team depending on the set. Finally, we have Mega-Abomasnow, functions as a switch-in to Rotom-Mow to hinder it from getting momentum with ease against the team and also as a general hard-hitter for the team. Also helps to deal with Alomomola+Amoonguss which really hinder Granbull

Dr Ciel Sorry to be informing you about this so late, but we have chosen to reject your request after discussion. Feel free to request another idea as soon as possible and I will promise to work on it ASAP.

Working on the rest of the teams ATM so look forward to those.
Thanks a ton dude, taking the time to make a team for some random user is quite nice!

Natural Talent

Don't die trying to live..
Dr Ciel

coming to you with this crisp team. I had this team for a while, looking through my teambuilder for core ideas for your team and found this team. It fits the description of what you asked for.

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Sleep Talk

Samurott @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

Virizion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power Fire / Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast

Drapion @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 212 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
- Aqua Tail
- Taunt

Steelix @ Steelixite
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Roar

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 124 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance
- Psychic

Basically built the team around samurott which I was testing. T spikes drapion help break down teams and sweep with either virizion or samurott. cresselia is to bring back one of them to health hen the get statused or weakened a lot. Pretty easy to play with if I say so myself. not really much to say about this team since it's really simple. haven't seen much common weaknesses in it but it being really slow paced and what not. Sub on virizion is a pretty cool choice over HP Fire.

Have Fun

Llamas edit: learn 2 hide tag

... I try ;_;

Last edited:
@ above

um, why are you running sub on virizion zzz... The main draw of using cm virizion in the first place is its ability to lure out and eliminate certain key things to aid its teammates with hp fire, else you're usually better off running swords dance instead. In that particular team, it would help remove whimsicott, which would greatly aid samurott. I'm not sure if it's just a typo but since that team is supposed to be centered around virizion I thought I'd point it out. Otherwise, that team looks pretty good, samurott + viriz actually seems pretty interesting

Natural Talent

Don't die trying to live..
@ above

um, why are you running sub on virizion zzz... The main draw of using cm virizion in the first place is its ability to lure out and eliminate certain key things to aid its teammates with hp fire, else you're usually better off running swords dance instead. In that particular team, it would help remove whimsicott, which would greatly aid samurott. I'm not sure if it's just a typo but since that team is supposed to be centered around virizion I thought I'd point it out. Otherwise, that team looks pretty good, samurott + viriz actually seems pretty interesting
Sub cm isn't bad and sets up on things like cresselia.

If you haven't seen the team in action , zdrup15 using the team as intended :3

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogtours-ru-46058

Maybe u dont accept it, but try to build something around Pelipper and Camrupt-Mega lords. Feel free to use the sets you want if you accept it :]

Can I have a team built around Reuniclus+MGlalie+Exploud possibly with a volt turn core to help bring in MGlalie to wallbreak :D,possibly with Spikes and with a decent defensive backbone? Sorry if this request is weird n_n

Last edited:

HypnoEmpire

Yokatta...
I'd really like a bulky offensive team based around Mega Audino. It has pretty good coverage and the bulk to take some really powerful attacks, which put me under the impression that its a really solid and splashable Pokemon. I was kinda surprised to see it as low as it is on the viability rankings, so I want to test it out for myself. If possible, I'd like Mega Audino to utilize Healing Wish. Thanks a bunch!

I'd like to have a bulky offensive team based around mega bannette and reuniclus. They are both very strong hitters, but both are slow. To have bulk to me is great, and having the ability to late game sweep with a mon like emboar with priority is nice for me. I'm trying to learn RU since ou isnt great atm. So, if you can help me out, that would be greatly appreciated!

I'd like a hyper-offensive Doublade team. No fancy stalling or mindgames; simple and serious. Not a lot much else to say about it, really. Finish a game fast as possible, in as few moves as possible, and don't take any bull(boop). "We're not dancing, for cryin' out loud."

gorex

penguin council
LCPL Champion
Closing temporarily because builders are all busy at this point in time, as you could probably tell from the lack of team posts. Will reopen once the teams are completed and posted. Thank you for understanding.

gorex

penguin council
LCPL Champion
eh apologies to all those who requested stuff in the past but didn't get their teams because of our real-life involvements hindering us from delivering teams, on a good note, we are open again. to all those who didn't get their teams, you guys are allowed to request instantly seeing as we are in a new meta.

look forward to the requests from everybody, should be able to deliver since i am finished with exams :)

gorex! bud wazza? On a more serious note,my request is the same as the last time but adapt it to the new meta imo o3o EDIT: Bulky VoltTurn then, possibly with Cobalion+Spikes :)

Last edited:
I don't even know if this is where to write! AHAHA!

Scarf Tyrantrum, I want to just demolish teams with this beast, nothing fancy just an all out offensive/put the pressure on sorta build. I like to make the occasional real play, so please help me out!

HypnoEmpire

Yokatta...
I want a team built around Choice Specs Jellicent because it is on the analysis and it looks like a ton of fun to use. :] I want it to be a bulky offensive team, but with at least one defensive / stallish Pokemon.

If you don't consider Choice Specs Jellicent to be viable (but how is that possible :o), then I'd like a team built around offensive Defog Flygon and Fletchinder on a hyper offensive team.

But if you can do Choice Specs Jellicent you're amazing.

Hi Gorex! I hope your exams went well! I never have requested at team before but
I would like a balanced team featuring mega banette and meloetta. In the team I want atleast one physical wall and one special wall also I would like lots of type coverage.

Last edited:
yo gorbae, how about a squad around two of the best mons in the tier, SD Cobalion and DD Scrafty. They soften each other's checks pretty effectively imo. Obviously it would need a more offense team :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)